Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,814 members, 7,817,360 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook (24029 Views)

Don't Accuse A Lady Of Cheating If You Won't Marry Her / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by 99foxxy(f): 6:58pm On Dec 10, 2016
Is cooking an achievement in a woman?

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by majorbravo: 6:59pm On Dec 10, 2016
Now the Big Question here is:

What is the difference between a wife that can't cook, a wife that doesn't cook well and a wife that won't cook?

I personally would prefer a wife that can't cook but willing to learn cos I can teach her the basics, then just like I would with the one that doesn't cook well, get her subscribed to some youtube channel with brilliant recipes.

But a wife that doesn't like to cook (wont cook) is at danger of losing her family. Her children would not develop that bond a mother has with her children, and her husband might be ashamed to invite his friends and family to his house for a home cooked meal.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
Toks2008:

Most ladies claim they can cook but there is a difference between cooking good food and tasteless food.
there is a difference between a cook and a chef, don't mistake the two either, you and your mouth, shey na wetin I wan tell you, you dey find abi?
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dabrightt: 7:05pm On Dec 10, 2016
DeLioncourt:
Goan learn how to cook na.
Is it only women that will cook?
So if they all decide to stop cooking, you'll die of hunger ba?
Is it important you comment..Any village remote control controling your brain making your hand to type rubish....oya sing with me eje to jeje lo kowa tumi sile eje tosan ni calvary kowatumisile
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Pamelayoung: 7:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
Who's this one....who gives a heck whether you marry a good cook or not why are you coming to announce it 2 us mtcheeeeew
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by jeff1607(m): 7:15pm On Dec 10, 2016
it's about a lady who loves to cook not only knowing about how to cook
some ladies know how to cook but hate cooking
#my opinion
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by davidif: 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2016
winetapper:

Just say you like Food undecided .
When you get engulfed with Love, you won't see her inability to cook as an excuse

And what is actually wrong with liking food?
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by yemsai(f): 7:31pm On Dec 10, 2016
A wife dat can't cook is no wife at all

3 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by lafean20(f): 7:32pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
Once I get a chef and a house help then the next lady is coming in as a baby mama and will be discharged once she gives me a baby or two.

Spoilt brats.
guy na true u talk, am a woman bt I agree with u
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by jamalnation(m): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2016
Dump her sorry ass if she can't cook
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 8:10pm On Dec 10, 2016
makydebbie:
My excuse is even weirdundecided

I just spotted a lady dat can't cook......kisschrix were are thou
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by forign1(m): 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2016
But I like d back side
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by uzolexis(f): 8:22pm On Dec 10, 2016
dingbang:
Same way she'll dump ur ass if u duno Hw to fvck!!!

or if you don't have money. it's ok for a guy to set standards for the kind of girl he wants but when a girl does this, she is termed a gold digger or a hoe......#radarada
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 8:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
askibee:

I just spotted a lady dat can't cook......kisschrix were are thou
Lol.. Her excuse is tangible
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Youngzedd(m): 8:30pm On Dec 10, 2016
Tallesty1:
A lady who doesn't know how to cook will have a hard time explaining what she spent her childhood days doing.

She's either an over pampered spoilt baby elephant or a very disobedient lazy child.

There are so many youtube videos out there for her to learn from. There's just no reason.

No excuse.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Missmossy(f): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
Guys and food though grin anyways it's very important a lady should know how to cook even if she doesn't take it as a hobby. Its makes her so lady-like as my dad usually say. In the long run it tells on the marriage when its time to settle down.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by dingbang(m): 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2016
uzolexis:

or if you don't have money. it's ok for a guy to set standards for the kind of girl he wants but when a girl does this, she is termed a gold digger or a hoe......#radarada
lol na why I no Wan even set serz standard for my babe sef.. cuz she knows my weakness grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by DivineBeauty(f): 8:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
grin cool grin
...not when love is blind
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by NemzySeries(m): 8:55pm On Dec 10, 2016
4 d luv of God aw can a fully developed lady wit bodily accessories say she can't cook 4 christ sake? itz like a man saying he can't hustle or provide 4 hiz family & sum of dis ladies take pride in broadcasting it........as much as I'm planning & preparing myself & mind to b a responsible man to myself immediate & d one I intend creating in d nearest future I also xpect any woman coming to my life to also prepare herself towards taking care of me & our kids.....i bliv datz aw tinz are suppose to b & frm dere we can handle orda challenges

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Tallesty1(m): 9:12pm On Dec 10, 2016
If you think a woman that do not know how to cook and a woman that knows how to cook but just doesn't likes cooking are the same thing then you're a perpetual brain dead dullard incapable of learning anything.
KillerPriest:

Sly coot.

A woman that doesn't know how to cook and a woman that doesn't like to cook are one and the same in the vocabulary of every obtusely ignorant African man which you so happen to be.

And what has that got to do with anything? You avowedly, and unabashedly, said that you would bring in a baby mama after you must have employed a chef and a house-help; all because your wife is a bad cook.

If you can break your marital vows on the grounds that your spouse cannot work alchemy in the kitchen, then who's to say you wouldn't do the same if she can cook but so detests the art of cookery that she wouldn't even touch the threshold of the kitchen with a ten-foot pole?

You really are slow on the uptake. What a dullard.

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by DASMOG(m): 9:13pm On Dec 10, 2016
BATTLE 3
I decided that night that I had had enough of Kenny's erratic behaviour and we needed counselling. I waited for him to come home the next morning but he never showed up. I called him around noon when I was getting worried but he did not pick my call. I got a text shortly after saying, ''I am quite surprised you are looking for me. Don't worry, I am fine. Don't let me distract you from God''.
I decided it was time to seek counsel from my pastor's wife. As I sat down with Mummy as we normally call her that evening after a word of prayer and recounted the full story of our challenges from the beginning of the fasting period. I was quite hopeful that I will get solutions on the next step to take. Mummy looked at me and shook her head as I showed her the last text I got from Kenny from my phone. ''Sister Lola, what does the Bible say about our parents and honour?'' ''Honour your father and mother, that your days might be long'' I quickly replied wondering why we were talking about my parents when it was my marriage that needed healing. ''Do you remember when you came to me and decided you wanted to marry this young man who was barely a baby in the lord.
I warned you to look for giants in the spirit. If you had honoured my words, surely the days of your marriage would have been long'', she said with obvious annoyance. ''I am sorry mummy, I love my husband and I think he loves God too'' ''He loves God? You are still defending his actions? A man that cannot agree with you in prayer? That will not deny his body to feed his spirit? She asked me. ''I am sorry ma'' I quickly said. Mummy was known for her short temper and I did not want to get on her bad side. ''Anyway the deed has been done. We need to find a way forward. You see the devil is not resting. He is obviously seeking to devour your marriage. Remember the scripture in Ephesians 6: 12 says, we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against principalities, against powers and against the rulers of the darkness of this world. The battle is not with your husband. It is a fight in the spirit''. ''Okay ma'' I said. ''The devil knows this fast is going to liberate your marriage and he wants to stop it at all cost. The flesh will be satisfied eventually but you need to be spiritually fortified first. So make sure you complete it in total consecration to God''. ''Okay ma.
What do I now do about his refusal to come home ma?'' ''Oh don't worry Lola, he will come home. He is like the prodigal son, he will surely return. Let us pray my dear''. By the time I left my pastor's house after about two hours of prayer. I felt stronger and better. Kenny was just over reacting and I was definitely on the right course. I just needed to keep praying and not let me faith be shaken. When I got home and met Kenny relaxing in the sitting room, it confirmed to me that everything mummy said was correct since he returned like she had prophesied. As the days passed things got more estranged. Kenny stopped going to our church and demanded I move to this new church he found. Of course I vehemently refused. It is important to be grounded and not church belly- hopping. I got daily text motivations from my mummy in the lord and that just encouraged me. Finally the last day of the 100 days came and it was announced in church that couples should endeavour to attend together since there was going to be an all night prayer. I begged and pleaded with Kenny but he adamantly refused. I went to church alone that night and prayed every prayer possible. My joy knew no bounds the next morning because I knew that all the fight I had been having with Kenny was finally going to be over. I was going to make sure we had as much sex as he .......
go for next episode
don't forget to hit the LIKE and SHARE below your COMMENTS and FEEDBACKS are very important
https://withsammy..com

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by chronique(m): 9:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
Silentscreamer:
If she cant cook, u cook for her. Den teach her while at it. Its very romantic for guy to cook for his wife.

How can a lady not know how to cook when she isn't an orphan? What did she spend her childhood and growing up years, learning?

1 Like

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by CoCoLav(f): 10:01pm On Dec 10, 2016
How can any sane person still reason like this? How can the worth of a woman be tied to her culinary skills? It's like the worth of a man being tied to his sexual skills.

Marry someone because you genuinely like them and not because you associate them with good food. If you need good food, hire a cook or a chef. If you need a companion, get a spouse or a partner...whichever works for you.

Some African men are so stuuuppid really, listening to some of their views makes my skin crawl. I have never met people with such a silly sense of entitlement then the traditional African man. Because you were born with a pe.nis you somehow think in your overinflated head that women owe you something.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 10:21pm On Dec 10, 2016
CoCoLav:
How can any sane person still reason like this? How can the worth of a woman be tied to her culinary skills? It's like the worth of a man being tied to his sexual skills.

Marry someone because you genuinely like them and not because you associate them with good food. If you need good food, hire a cook or a chef. If you need a companion, get a spouse or a partner...whichever works for you.

Some African men are so stuuuppid really, listening to some of their views makes my skin crawl. I have never met people with such a silly sense of entitlement then the traditional African man. Because you were born with a pe.nis you somehow think in your overinflated head that women owe you something.

CocoLav have vex grin cheesy
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by chronique(m): 10:27pm On Dec 10, 2016
Benita27:
Lol.
When a man knows how to cook too well it spoils the surprise meals from his wife.
Secondly, you just can't make shakara for them in the kitchen. grin

I agree with the second one. Started cooking and making pastries from age 9. My waec and gce, I had A1 and B2 respectively in food and nutrition. Had the best cake,best juice, best fried rice and salad(according to my teacher then). They emptied all I made, and left me with just 1 small plate of fried rice, and a little portion of cake to take home... When I was much younger, I used to attempt to create my own recipes cos there was always more than enough ingredients to cook at home. There was a day a made one funny fried rice. I added virtually every ingredient in the kitchen, plus things for salad, to the rice. Poured ketchup, salad cream, baked beans, butter pear and different things into it;i mixed everything I could lay my hand on, that looked like it could go with rice. Different packaged spices, were added to it. By the time the food was done, it was tasting like rubber and I couldn't eat it. Had to empty the pot into the bin and clean it up before mum's arrival... Till date, that's the most horrible thing I've ever done in the kitchen and as silly as I was then, I learnt from that experiment, that not everything within reach, is meant for every meal.

Imagine someone who has done all those crazy experiment with food and has grown into a good cook over the years, how possible would it be for a woman to now brag me with food? Even now, I always stay hungry most times when I'm at work, and wait till I get home before fixing my meals which I sometimes eat at 12am... Lol.

I'm sorry to say but I'd just state it clearly. It's almost a taboo for an adult lady to say she can't cook; that shouldn't be heard of.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 10:34pm On Dec 10, 2016
DMeanMan:

Obviously Cocolav can't cook. grin

5 Likes

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by CoCoLav(f): 10:53pm On Dec 10, 2016
DMeanMan:

Lol..yes I have.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by CoCoLav(f): 10:54pm On Dec 10, 2016
LastMumu:

Hahaha...maybe you are right but trust me, it doesn't give me sleepless nights.
Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 10, 2016
CoCoLav:

Hahaha...maybe you are right but trust me, it doesn't give me sleepless nights.

Most Calabar girls I know can cook. Come let me teach you how to cook. cheesy

Re: Why I Won't Marry A Lady that Can't Cook by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 10, 2016
LastMumu:

She could, but I don't think she'd have the time grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Why Don't Women Like Domesticated Men? / What Do Men Need When They Are Angry? - Photo / Tips On How Best A Single Lady Should Socialize In Her 30s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.