Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:05 AM

How To Understand Mathew 10:34 - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How To Understand Mathew 10:34 (20683 Views)

Rev. Father Mathew Orie Beaten, Hospitalised Over N500 In Ebonyi State. Photos / Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo Blasts Daddy Freeze For Teaching Against Tithing VIDEO / MMM: Pastor Mathew Ashimolowo's KICC Loses $4.8 Million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Kayswat(m): 11:54am On Dec 12, 2016
Lol.... No wonder some priest have to study psychology before they can preach
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 2:33pm On Dec 12, 2016
TundeEinstein:
the verse says whoever sacrifices to any other *god* shall be destroyed,,, meaning same as not worshipping any other God. This isn't even complex to any extent neither is it too ambiguous to be comprehended. And how is what u have in your Bible same with what you posted and different from what I posted. I pray your lost soul finds its way back in Christ. There is no argument here brother this is clear enough .when the Word says destroy yes whatever exists outside God will perish and be destroyed that stands before anything .all the Quran verses posted up were confirmed but the Bible verse you posted is wrong! It isn't even in the Bible!
Lol.. u still didn't differentiate dis 2 interpretations, u can decide to be dishonest. But d fact will remain
Highlight d difference or remain mute pls, am not asking whether or not jesus will save me!

[b]Exodus 22:20 “Whoever sacrifices to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed"

&

Exodus 22:20" you must kill and destroy whoever worship another God"[
/b]

Destroy = Kill
Kill = Destroy
Get that in ur brain
And u are here telling me stories.

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 2:55pm On Dec 12, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Who gave you the right to interpret the Bible to suit your malicious self? What you interpreted us obviously different from what the verse says in the Bible. I wonder why you decided to interpret the Bible according to your one fraudulent ways. Another problem you have is not recognizing that the verse was directed to the Israel nation. I bet the same way you and your Islamic terrorists quote out of context Mathew 10:34 is the same way you have quoted Exodus 22:20.You even made it worse by changing the words to suit your terrorist ideas. If you have read from the beginning of the chapter that houses that verse, you would have known that the verse only concerns ISRAEL and not Christians. Moreover, I wonder when you are going dispute Mathew 10:34. It is now clear that you cannot.

The verse says that any ISRAELite that sacrifices to another god should be destroyed. It didn't say that people who aren't Israelites should be destroyed for worshipping others gods.

But the way you maliciously translated that verse makes it seem like it is a command to go kill other nations who worship other gods and not Yahweh. You have added to the word of God by translating it into your making opus ways. This makes you a liar and liable to His punishment.

Proverbs 30:6
Do not add to His words Or He will reprove you, and you will be proved a liar.
Ok let me simplify it to u here
Is like saying
" if u die as unbeliever hell will be ur final destination"

&

" if u die as kafir u r among the losers"

Whats d difference? No difference
Those deut n exodus verses instruct killing of any living thing including animals..

My guy try to find out whom jesus was praying to when he was in distress or in need! Thats the God we muslim are submitting to no a human.

(Mathew 4:10)
"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

But unfortunately ur stone head will not comphrehend thats.

Simple logic u pple r failing to understand till u finally landed into Hell fire b4 u start realizing n regretting. May God save u.

1 Like

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 3:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
aminusanti:

Ok let me simplify it to u here
Is like saying
" if u die as unbeliever hell will be ur final destination"

&

" if u die as kafir u r among the losers"

Whats d difference? No difference
Those verses instruct killing of any living thing including animals..

My guy try to find out whom jesus was praying to when he was in distress or in need! Thats the God we muslim are submitting to no a human.

(Mathew 4:10)
"Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only."

But unfortunately ur stone head will not comphrehend thats.

Simple logic u pple r failing to understand till u finally landed into Hell fire b4 u start realizing n regretting. May God save u.
Are you dumb? What has this got to do with the OP?

I guess you couldn't tackle the OP, that's why you took to diversionary tactics. grin
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 3:03pm On Dec 12, 2016
[b]
1. God is One

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".

It is a Hebrew quotation which means: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord
our God is one Lord" [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

2. Unity of God in the Book of Isaiah

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour." [The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii) "I am Lord, and
there is none else, there is no God besides me." [The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else;
I am God, and there is none like me." [The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

3. Old Testament condemns idol worship

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." [The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." [The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 3:44pm On Dec 12, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Are you dumb? What has this got to do with the OP?

I guess you couldn't tackle the OP, that's why you took to diversionary tactics. grin
can't even waste a sec to read d OP knowing without a single doubt is nonsense
I wonder why u r opening thread almost everyday knowing exactly u are not there to accept anyone's answer whether wrong or right!. Whats d essence of ur thread pls? To waste pple time? Or just for fun?

3 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 4:15pm On Dec 12, 2016
aminusanti:
can't even waste a sec to read d OP knowing without a single is nonsense
I wonder why u r opening thread almost everyday knowing exactly u are not there to accept anyone's answer whether wrong or right!. Whats d essence of ur thread pls? To waste pple time? Or just for fun?
But you haven't provided any answer na. grin
Mind you, the OP has over 130 Likes and 20 Shares, more than what any Islamic thread can ever get even if it makes front page.

I believe the opening post dealt you a great blow. BTW, why are all your posts on this thread getting only one Like? I believe it's cos you use your alternative Monika to like your posts so as to give credence to them. Funny guy.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 4:21pm On Dec 12, 2016
FriendChoice:
[b]

The following verse from the book of Deuteronomy contains an exhortation from Moses (pbuh):

"Shama Israelu Adonai Ila Hayno Adna Ikhad".

It is a Hebrew quotation which means: "Hear, O Israel: The Lord
our God is one Lord" [The Bible, Deuteronomy 6:4]

The following verses are from the Book of Isaiah:

(i) "I, even I, am the Lord; and beside me there is no saviour." [The Bible, Isaiah 43:11]

(ii) "I am Lord, and
there is none else, there is no God besides me." [The Bible, Isaiah 45:5]

(iii) "I am God, and there is none else;
I am God, and there is none like me." [The Bible, Isaiah 46:9]

(i) Old Testament condemns idol worship in the following verses:

"Thou shalt have no other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:"

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them:
for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." [The Bible, Exodus 20:3-5]

(ii) A similar message is repeated in the book of Deuteronomy:

"Thou shalt have none other gods before me."

"Thou shalt not make thee any graven image, or
any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that in the earth beneath, or that is in the water beneath the earth."

"Thou shalt not bow down thyself unto them, nor serve them; for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God." [The Bible, Deuteronomy 5:7-9]
[/b]
Shame on you friendchoice.

Because you couldn't tackle the OP, you now decided to try the diversionary tactics by posting unrelated contents. That's exactly the same thing aminusanti has been doing. grin
Why not open a different thread for the above while you tackle this thread's content?

Shame on you both cos you've been silenced to the point of being a derailer.
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 12, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
Shame on you friendchoice.

Because you couldn't tackle the OP, you now decided to try the diversionary tactics by posting unrelated contents. That's exactly the same thing aminusanti has been doing. grin
Why not open a different thread for the above while you tackle this thread's content?

Shame on you both cos you've been silenced to the point of being a derailer.

I don't have your time sir.

2 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 5:05pm On Dec 12, 2016
It’s true my dear. Read Luke 12:51 and you see the exact meaning of that “sword” you gave. It actually means division. My precious love Jesus Christ has once again been vindicated. All hail the King Jesus!
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by aminusanti(m): 5:49pm On Dec 12, 2016
alBHAGDADI:
But you haven't provided any answer na. grin
Mind you, the OP has over 130 Likes and 20 Shares, more than what any Islamic thread can ever get even if it makes front page.
Calling u Dumb would be an insult to Dumb people. Ordinary people live and learn. You just live. Just look at how friendchoice properly addressed ur OP yet u r here talking nonsense. Again, no amount of xplanation would ever make sense to you bcus u r programmed d way u are functioning now, I only respond to ur post when I want to have fun but never take them serious.
Without shame u r here bragging bcus of ur likes, as a christian u r suppose to get a 1k+ likes bcus more than 70% of NL users r xtians and we all know that xtian and blind follwing r like 5 and 6. Just take this your uncle T.B for example, without any doubt we all know he is nothing but a deceiver n ritualist but he got millions of follower. So pls dont come here and be telling us BS

I believe the opening post dealt you a great blow. BTW, why are all your posts on this thread getting only one Like? I believe it's cos you use your alternative Monika to like your posts so as to give credence to them. Funny guy.
Is ur job devoted to spreading ignorance?
U are here for pple's like thats why ur mind is like steel trap- alway closed!
U are well known here on NL for having multiple monikas and I strongly believe u have nothing less than 10 different monikas using it to deceive pple

3 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 12, 2016
It's a shame if you don't have hundred of thousands or million likes considering the majority population of Nairaland are Christian. If you see multiple likes for aminusanti, be sure one of those like is mine.

If you see 2 likes one is mine. And if you see 1 like then definitely it's me. Am a liker of the truth be aware.

3 Likes

Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by adontcare(f): 1:40pm On Jan 05, 2017
OlajumokeBread:

May thunder locate you
wish u seven fold
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by alBHAGDADI: 8:04am On Feb 26, 2017
Thank you Yahshua the Messiah
Re: How To Understand Mathew 10:34 by orunto27: 8:18am On Feb 26, 2017
Jesus Christ, The Righteous, came To Fight Devil Satan, The Selfish, to finish to be able to take The Faithfuls with Him to His Kingdom above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Photos From Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor's Birthday Ceremony / Purgatory....Real Or Fairytale? {updated} / Church Members Flog The Ground (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.