Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,871 members, 7,813,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (478948 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 4:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
TIMIJAT:
none my dear brother....(sitting to the new scheme)..

even if you re using a bsc for direct entry... my brother you'll still have to start from 200 level...

Youre wrong !!
every school accept HND into 300l
...except from OAU, that i didnt know much about...
irrespective of Lower, upper and distinction
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by ayox1(m): 4:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Let get this right, there is NO exam 4 d.e students..
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 4:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
EngrBello:

Youre wrong !!
every school accept HND into 300l
...except from OAU, that i didnt know much about...
irrespective of Lower, upper and distinction
you are wrong as well,, perhaps not completely right.. Uniben doesnt accept hnd lower into 300l but 200l..And a host of others too.. However most state schools and federal in the north do.....
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 4:47pm On Apr 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
you are wrong as well,, perhaps not completely right.. Uniben doesnt accept hnd lower into 300l but 200l..And a host of others too.. However most state schools and federal in the north do.....

proof urself...
moreover...that person was talking about "strong upper" not lower credit....

Every school accept HND lower Credit to 300l but its very compétitive..

And putting HND lower into 200l is not in JAMB brochure! that person is only dying for UNIBEN
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 6:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
EngrBello:

proof urself...
moreover...that person was talking about "strong upper" not lower credit....

Every school accept HND lower Credit to 300l but its very compétitive..

And putting HND lower into 200l is not in JAMB brochure! that person is only dying for UNIBEN
Bro /sister,,, have u gone through the Jamb brochure.... Mayb u should again.... U were right when u said all schols accept hnd,,but wrong wen u said all accept lower credit for 300level very wrong......
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by IamAkinzy: 8:05pm On Apr 03, 2017
Thanks for the comments I think I gained sometin from all..i would make researches from the schools I intend going to directly
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by afroduke: 9:14pm On Apr 03, 2017
hello, abegi are they goin to write exams this year?... or is it depending on the school.?? because i think exams will favour me a lil bit. by the way, iRep polynekede.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 9:43pm On Apr 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Bro /sister,,, have u gone through the Jamb brochure.... Mayb u should again.... U were right when u said all schols accept hnd,,but wrong wen u said all accept lower credit for 300level very wrong......

my brother did direct entry with lower into OOU 300l
#ACCOUNTANCY

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 10:15pm On Apr 03, 2017
EngrBello:

#ACCOUNTANCY
read my earlier post again I said most state universities do accept hnd lower for 300l
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by IamAkinzy: 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2017
EngrBello:

#ACCOUNTANCY
Really? Wow! Diz just gave me Hope o! Thanks 4 postin dis Bruv
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by mayoric: 10:36pm On Apr 03, 2017
apart frm Uni ilorin, which sch can one apply for to stdy Finance? D.E oh
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 10:50pm On Apr 03, 2017
AyarmBoye:
read my earlier post again I said most state universities do accept hnd lower for 300l
but Ahmadu Bello University,Zaria accept lower Credit in OND for 200l(regardless of jamb brochure).....so why not HND lower ,for 300l
its all about chance and compétition... jare...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brighttech95(m): 8:07am On Apr 04, 2017
Knownpal:

Start a new payment afresh and make sure you pay on time.
this is what i keep getting
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Bin3(f): 10:40am On Apr 04, 2017
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 10:42am On Apr 04, 2017
hi guys before I go ahead with jamb, what course can this go for(preferably political science)

Maths-B
Eng-B
Biology-C
Agric-C
Goverment-C
lit-in-eng-D
econs-D
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 10:50am On Apr 04, 2017
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stated that candidates applying for JAMB Direct Entry will not be sitting for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

However, Direct Entry Students will sit for an aptitude test in the university they selected as their choice.

This was disclosed by the Head of Information, JAMB, Mr. Fabian Benjamin in a telephone interview with newsmen.

He said, “Direct Entry candidates will attempt an aptitude test which is school-based. They are not sitting for the UTME. The test is from the universities. The new book: Last Days At Forcados High School, we introduced will be used by Direct Entry candidates for the aptitude tests that will be conducted by the universities." 

I say, this is a good development cool cool.

Cc: zord33k

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 11:19am On Apr 04, 2017
Rilwayne001:
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) has stated that candidates applying for JAMB Direct Entry will not be sitting for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).

However, Direct Entry Students will sit for an aptitude test in the university they selected as their choice.

This was disclosed by the Head of Information, JAMB, Mr. Fabian Benjamin in a telephone interview with newsmen.

He said, “Direct Entry candidates will attempt an aptitude test which is school-based. They are not sitting for the UTME. The test is from the universities. The new book: Last Days At Forcados High School, we introduced will be used by Direct Entry candidates for the aptitude tests that will be conducted by the universities." 

seriously it is...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cutiedave(m): 11:54am On Apr 04, 2017
Rilwayne001:

I cant even begin to laugh at jamb, confused set of pple...
Wetin concern u.i with forcado....dey shld just say dey wanna sell d remaining copies of d book...

4 Likes

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 12:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Rilwayne001:

lolzz.....
Jamb are good in Scamming
they still gonna sell for both..
wetin concen them with buying DE&Utme ..
all that matters to them is money..
hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 12:09pm On Apr 04, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Ahead of the 2017 Unified Tertiary
Matriculation Examination, the Joint
Admissions and Matriculation Board
(JAMB) says that direct entry candidates
will be required to sit for a school-based
aptitude test and not UTME.

Head of Information at JAMB, Fabian
Benjamin, on Monday, April 3, said: “Direct
Entry candidates will attempt an aptitude test
which is school-based. They are not sitting for
the UTME. The test is from the universities.
''The new book we introduced will be used by
Direct Entry candidates for the aptitude tests
that will be conducted by the universities.
Students with matriculation numbers of universities are not eligible to sit for the UTME.
If they are not satisfied with their chosen
disciplines, they can ask for transfer.’’

thats the news.

but from my view

I think people without jamb regularization(Diaplaying,no admission yet e.g Mapoly,Polyibadan etc ) are safe for now, just postpone ur regularization till after gaining admission.... nevertheless..people with regularized jamb number(e.g YCT,FPI and so) can also apply for both.... we're in Nigeria.... where money matters!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by zord33k(m): 1:56pm On Apr 04, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Indeed it is a Good development but a bad development to those that their choice school is very far from where they stay.. Jamb should save us the stress of travelling long distance just for a mere test.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 2:30pm On Apr 04, 2017
Jamb can't make any uni give an aptitude test. Sometimes I wonder with what do these people think with? angry
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by cutiedave(m): 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
dearpiriye:
Jamb can't make any uni give an aptitude test. Sometimes I wonder with what do these people think with? angry
Lol...and some pple would now be xpecting skuls like u.i, unilag to give dem exams on forcado abi na forcada...
Jamb matter tire me...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by bawz012(m): 4:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
Na wa o

What baffles me now is that, I have got a regularized JAMB reg number which one could use to register for DE.

question is CAN I STILL TAKE UTME AND DE WITHOUT BEING DISQUALIFIED?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by prime5052(m): 4:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
please oooo!! i need answers, does uniben accept ijmb result?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 5:01pm On Apr 04, 2017
bawz012:
Na wa o

What baffles me now is that, I have got a regularized JAMB reg number which one could use to register for DE.

yes Bro... U can
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 5:07pm On Apr 04, 2017
bawz012:
Na wa o

if dats d case¡ ... use différent mail!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 6:28pm On Apr 04, 2017
zord33k:

Indeed it is a Good development but a bad development to those that their choice school is very far from where they stay.. Jamb should save us the stress of travelling long distance just for a mere test.

Well, we have no choice.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 6:33pm On Apr 04, 2017
dearpiriye:

Its a good thing, and I'm certain reputable schools that want the best candidate will see this as a welcome development.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 6:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
EngrBello:

but from my view
I think people without jamb regularization(Diaplaying,no admission yet e.g Mapoly,Polyibadan etc ) are safe for now, just postpone ur regularization till after gaining admission....

Am not understanding again o. But seriouly are you sure this is safe? I think jamb do request for our previous jamb reg no, which we used in gaining admission. So are they not going to ask for the number again?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by absky5(m): 7:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
Finished my ND from Lagos State polytechnic....Course : marketing.... Lower credit..... I want to chose lasu for my direct entry......... What are my chances??
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brighttech95(m): 7:17pm On Apr 04, 2017
Enigmatech:
@brighttech are u a mapaite

boss yes ooo rep mech engr u

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (230) (Reply)

2017/2018 JAMB Cut Off Mark For All Schools Released! See Full List. / Nairaland Mathematics Clinic / Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.