Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (484152 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brighttech95(m): 6:01pm On Apr 05, 2017
EngrBello:

Those ppl discouragin U were scared of Compétition...
just Follow ur mind..
You'll be amazed when u see someone witg lower and also distinction applyin wit U!
Lasu is very Ok! they ain't dat partial like Unilag,UI and OAU!

instead of advising him to pitch his tent up north u are asking him to move a mountain were there is no way u wicked ooo.... try futminna, Abu all northern schools accept lower credit and state universities(few) of them.. don't waste ur money on lasu
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by bawz012(m): 6:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
I just want us to take note as DE to northern schools is not as we think it is. While we dish out advises with good intentions, Let us all make sure we get our facts right. Endeavour to get first hand information from your school of choice before you apply.

Shallom

2 Likes

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by bawz012(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
demmyhandsome:
pls, kindly upload the page that indicate you hav been regularized to we that we ar yet to got regularized. and again, is jamb regularization reg num diff from the one we used for jamb at the time we got admission then?

Done in my polytechnic since 2015
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 6:35pm On Apr 05, 2017
brighttech95:

instead of advising him to pitch his tent up north u are asking him to move a mountain were there is no way u wicked ooo.... try futminna, Abu all northern schools accept lower credit and state universities(few) of them.. don't waste ur money on lasu

i didn't know he has lower.. i thought its upper
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 6:53am On Apr 06, 2017
EngrBello:

don't panic....its 100% possible !

Really..!
So what was the main reason behind the regularization last Year??

Cos I still have not been able to fathom out the essence of it o broz,..maybe you can enlighten me?

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 8:49am On Apr 06, 2017
Ustec:

Really..!
So what was the main reason behind the regularization last Year??

Cos I still have not been able to fathom out the essence of it o broz,..maybe you can enlighten me?
Rugularization is meant for u to update all ur admission details on jamb website provided that You didn't get admissions letter directly from jamb in ur previous school of study.
You need to update ur details just like others who got admission letter directly from jamb.

Those details will be used by them and especially for your future NYSC posting.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by absky5(m): 9:48am On Apr 06, 2017
brighttech95:

thanks you
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brighttech95(m): 2:54pm On Apr 06, 2017
absky5:
thanks you

bro u wlcm u can try ansu and absu in east both accept lower
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 3:35pm On Apr 06, 2017
brighttech95:

bro u wlcm u can try ansu and absu in east both accept lower
but the school fees is crazily expensive. I'm very sure of absu's
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by afroduke: 4:33pm On Apr 06, 2017
my little observation is : I think someone with a lower credit has a 49% chance of getting admitted with a very high D.E score... AND a person who did poorly in D.E exam has a very low chance of getting admitted even with a distinction..
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by lilmaydee(m): 6:10pm On Apr 06, 2017
EngrBello:

Rugularization is meant for u to update all ur admission details on jamb website provided that You didn't get admissions letter directly from jamb in ur previous school of study.
You need to update ur details just like others who got admission letter directly from jamb.

I did part time in Lagos state polytechnic, computer science and finished with lower credit (2.99) National Diploma. I want to know if I will be admitted through DE.
My fears are:
No JAMB registration number
Lower credit
Part time. Please I need your candid response
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 6:25pm On Apr 06, 2017
afroduke:
my little observation is : I think someone with a lower credit has a 49% chance of getting admitted with a very high D.E score... AND a person who did poorly in D.E exam has a very low chance of getting admitted even with a distinction..

The minimum application benchmark for most competitive schools will be upper or 2.1.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ramwab94(m): 6:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
EngrBello:

no. 1 Deapiye just got admission into UI last year..
moreover,what do you know about disqualification? and why do u think jamb didn't want both registration from one person
okay, I dislike arguements. Can Dearpiriye pls shed some light on this herself?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 7:04pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilmaydee:

I did part time in Lagos state polytechnic, computer science and finished with lower credit (2.99) National Diploma. I want to know if I will be admitted through DE.
My fears are:
Lower credit
your only problem is lower credit because u can be regularized and given new Registration number... However ur lower credit is a major detriment to ur chances.... I have a guy who did part time in laspotech,, currently and accounting student in oau
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by lilmaydee(m): 7:19pm On Apr 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
your only problem is lower credit because u can be regularized and given new Registration number... However ur lower credit is a major detriment to ur chances.... I have a guy who did part time in laspotech,, currently and accounting student in oau
thanks for the swift response. I know the lower credit is a detriment but I read it somewhere that some unis accept lower credit for DE. Since u said I can be regularized. Please how do I go about it?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by afroduke: 7:43pm On Apr 06, 2017
Rilwayne001:

The minimum application benchmark for most competitive schools will be upper or 2.1.

bro, what do you mean by competitive? what is the essence of competitive school when you fail to get admitted? actually, i think gaining admission is more important than competitive school as far as the school is recognised..
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 7:50pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilmaydee:
thanks for the swift response. I know the lower credit is a detriment but I read it somewhere that some unis accept lower credit for DE. Since u said I can be regularized. Please how do I go about it?
my friend went to his school den and paid a sum of 5k or so for it.... After some weeks 3-4 the regularization number was sent to him.... That was last year.. I don't know how Itz being done dis year..since I will be applying with ican ATS,, it don't need the regularization stuff,, so I don't think I need to know how Itz been done dis year... I hope u understand me

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by mycareer(m): 7:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
Please, is it possible to buy 3 D.E forms from 3 different schools?
As a 2.1 Biochemistry graduate, what are my chances of securing D.E into Med Sug or Pharmacy @ UI, UNIBEN or UNIPORT?
What are the ranges of likely post-D.E exam scores that will make me eligible for this schools?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by lilmaydee(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
my friend went to his school den and paid a sum of 5k or so for it.... After some weeks 3-4 the regularization number was sent to him.... That was last year.. I don't know how Itz being done dis year..since I will be applying with ican ATS,, it don't need the regularization stuff,, so I don't think I need to know how Itz been done dis year... I hope u understand me
Thanks a lot. I will go to Ikorodu main campus then to make inquiry
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by lilmaydee(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2017
AyarmBoye:
you have been very helpful to me
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilmaydee:

My fears are:
Lower credit

my advice for u, is to put in for HND....
may be at YCT coz dey were affilated with NSUKKA ,after working hard on ur HND,then U can easily cross or do a HND
conversion programme to B.Sc
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by lilmaydee(m): 8:53pm On Apr 06, 2017
EngrBello:

my advice for u, is to put in for HND....
may be at YCT coz dey were affilated with NSUKKA ,after working hard on ur HND,then U can easily cross or do a HND
conversion programme to B.Sc
By YCT you mean Yaba College of Technology. I tried them last year but they turned down every part time students coming to do full time. What do you think about unis that accept lower credit and can someone still make first class?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by muyiwa99(m): 9:16pm On Apr 06, 2017
you can consider skuls like uniosun,futminna,zaria and some oda state skulz#dey accept lower credit or beta still,u can google search
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2017
mycareer:
Please, is it possible to buy 3 D.E forms from 3 different schools?
As a 2.1 Biochemistry graduate, what are my chances of securing D.E into Med Sug or Pharmacy @ UI, UNIBEN or UNIPORT?
What are the ranges of likely post-D.E exam scores that will make me eligible for this schools?
uniport- doesn't take DE. Uniben - write post DE exams target nothing less than 70 for both. They also have jupeb so imagine the competition, UI-very strong 2.1, and you can't apply to both pharmacy and medicine. This buying 3 forms will backfire except if your applying with 3 different certificates

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilmaydee:
you have been very helpful to me
you are cordially welcome....
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2017
lilmaydee:

By YCT you mean Yaba College of Technology. I tried them last year but they turned down every part time students coming to do full time. What do you think about unis that accept lower credit and can someone still make first class?
University dat accept lower are common in North but.... ppl are now rushing them while they face a very though compétitions from uppers too...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:31pm On Apr 06, 2017
dearpiriye:
uniport- doesn't take DE. Uniben - write post DE exams target nothing less than 70 for both. They also have jupeb so imagine the competition, UI-very strong 2.1, and you can't apply to both pharmacy and medicine. This buying 3 forms will backfire except if your applying with 3 different certificates
he shouldnt even try it... Cause he will be using same name and thumb prints..... Direct entry data base will surely detect the fraud....
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by lilmaydee(m): 9:40pm On Apr 06, 2017
EngrBello:

University dat accept lower are common in North but.... ppl are now rushing them while they face a very though compétitions from uppers too...
I will try my luck. Thank you very much for your time and advice
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by oluwaseyi2008(m): 10:56pm On Apr 06, 2017
Good evening, I graduated with upper credit from computer science in Lagos State Polytechnics. But using 2 sittings as o level combination with a pass in physics. Hope am good to go for lasu direct entry?
Pls need response to this since March 22
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by samthomp(m): 2:42am On Apr 07, 2017
AyarmBoye:

Hi AyarmBoye, i will also be applying with my Ican ATS, can I have your contact
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 8:59am On Apr 07, 2017
EngrBello:

Thanks broz
From my findings,I just discovered it is MEANT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE JAMB REG. NUMBER.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (230) (Reply)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.