Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,029 members, 7,835,492 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (484084 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 10:49am On Apr 07, 2017
samthomp:

Hi AyarmBoye, i will also be applying with my Ican ATS, can I have your contact
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 11:50am On Apr 07, 2017
school:laspotech course:food tech grade:distinction had Bs throughout in my O level Applying for funnab,pls what are my chances
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 12:29pm On Apr 07, 2017
jemtiful:
school:laspotech course:food tech grade:distinction had Bs throughout in my O level Applying for funnab,pls what are my chances
great chances
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2017
AyarmBoye:
great chances
thank you
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by fvfcvdfgf(m): 2:46pm On Apr 07, 2017
please had 3.00 (ND) from IMT Enugu goin for unizik DE chemical engineering with two sittings in my waec what are my chances pleas
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 4:13pm On Apr 07, 2017
Ustec:

Thanks broz
From my findings,I just discovered it is MEANT FOR THOSE THAT DON'T HAVE JAMB REG. NUMBER.
Are you realy sure? cos people who had jamb reg number, and applying with ND did d regularisation and the ones who doesnt do the regularisation were unable to apply for the DE last year o.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by mycareer(m): 5:56pm On Apr 07, 2017
dearpiriye:
uniport- doesn't take DE. Uniben - write post DE exams target nothing less than 70 for both. They also have jupeb so imagine the competition, UI-very strong 2.1, and you can't apply to both pharmacy and medicine. This buying 3 forms will backfire except if your applying with 3 different certificates
Wow! So I can only buy one DE form?
I have a friend that bought 3 although it is up to 6 years ago
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by zord33k(m): 9:10pm On Apr 07, 2017
Wuminity:

Are you realy sure? cos people who had jamb reg number, and applying with ND did d regularisation and the ones who doesnt do the regularisation were unable to apply for the DE last year o.

Your assertion on the bolded part is wrong . People who didn't do the regularization was able to register last year. The distinction between those that did the regularization and to those that don't was the mode of registration. This means Poly students will choose ND/HND as their mode Of registration , NCE for the college students ,BSC to those applying with bsc and Other Diploma to those that did not regularized.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 9:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
Wuminity:

That was the info I got..
Lets wait and see how the registration will be like.
Anything can still happen.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 10:03pm On Apr 07, 2017
zord33k:

Your assertion on the bolded part is wrong . People who didn't do the regularization was able to register last year. The distinction between those that did the regularization and to those that don't was the mode of registration. This means Poly students will choose ND/HND as their mode Of registration , NCE for the college students ,BSC to those applying with bsc and Other Diploma to those that did not regularized.

Good one bro.
So it was only the "other diploma" applicants that apply for the regularization form last year,right?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by conerstone97: 10:52pm On Apr 07, 2017
zord33k:

I will like to ask that what are the chances of people that use other diploma while registering. Because am yet to receive any regularisation pin from jamb and this is actually weighing me down.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 11:00pm On Apr 07, 2017
conerstone97:

I will like to ask that what are the chances of people that use other diploma while registering. Because am yet to receive any regularisation pin from jamb and this is actually weighing me down.
Chil Bro,, it takes time...it takes some 2-3 months to get theirs last year... But for sure u will get it before registration commences
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by conerstone97: 11:07pm On Apr 07, 2017
AyarmBoye:
Chil Bro,, it takes time...it takes some 2-3 months to get theirs last year... But for sure u will get it before registration commences
ok bro, but the registration will commence this month ending according to jamb. pls have u ever see anyone admitted with OTHER DIPLOMA before ?.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 11:58pm On Apr 07, 2017
zord33k:

Oh thank you, so how many people do you know that did ND and filled in other diploma and were admitted that last year.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 12:06am On Apr 08, 2017
Ustec:

That was the info I got..
Lets wait and see how the registration will be like.
Anything can still happen.

Alright, i understand.

i still went to make enquiry about it today, and the cafe man laid emphasis on it that if am using ND, that i wont be able to register for DE, except i regularise.

And base on what zordeek is saying am aware of that since last year, but i doubt if any ND applicant who filled other diploma was admitted.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 12:43am On Apr 08, 2017
Wuminity:

Alright, i understand.

i still went to make enquiry about it today, and the cafe man laid emphasis on it that if am using ND, that i wont be able to register for DE, except i regularise.

And base on what zordeek is saying am aware of that since last year, but i doubt if any ND applicant who filled other diploma was admitted.
I know one 2years ago. But it was a part time ND that was done
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 12:53am On Apr 08, 2017
dearpiriye:
I know one 2years ago. But it was a part time ND that was done
What about full time, becos most of us are full timers, so is it going to be advisable for a full timer to fill in other diploma, wont there be any implication? expecially now that some things about jamb has changed.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Knownpal(m): 5:45am On Apr 08, 2017
conerstone97:

ok bro, but the registration will commence this month ending according to jamb. pls have u ever see anyone admitted with OTHER DIPLOMA before ?.

Yes my friend applied last year he was admitted.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by rukkville(m): 6:53am On Apr 08, 2017
08148230185. pls dis is my number add me to d watsapp group. tnks
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by taiwo05(m): 8:21am On Apr 08, 2017
zord33k:

bro, don't say what u don't no pls, there is no way a polytechnic choose ND/HND in the registration and reg successfully without regularisation, it won't even procced to the next stage or else u choose other diploma.
so people who don't do regularised last yr went for other diploma impossible for them to choose ND/HND.
what u are saying was used 3year ago.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by zord33k(m): 9:35am On Apr 08, 2017
taiwo05:

bro, don't say what u don't no pls, there is no way a polytechnic choose ND/HND in the registration and reg successfully without regularisation, it won't even procced to the next stage or else u choose other diploma.
so people who don't do regularised last yr went for other diploma impossible for them to choose ND/HND.
what u are saying was used 3year ago.

Perhaps you didn't understand my writeup. I never said you will choose ND/HND if u have not done the regularization. please try to read my write up again..

shalom

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by zord33k(m): 9:46am On Apr 08, 2017
Ustec:

Good one bro.
So it was only the "other diploma" applicants that apply for the regularization form last year,right?

Not that bro, If you are not regularized, you can Register for DE using 'Other Diploma' option, but if you are regularized u will Register choosing ND/HND option. However some that register 2ru 'Other Diploma' Option was admitted last year so do not panic if u were unable to do the regularization...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by conerstone97: 10:06am On Apr 08, 2017
[quote author=Knownpal post=55369861]

Yes my friend applied last year he was admitted.[/quote)
Thanks for the info sir, pls which school admitted your friend last year with other diploma.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 10:53am On Apr 08, 2017
Wuminity:

Alright, i understand.

According to the info.
Regularization is meant for those that gained admission through the institution(jamb did not recognize their admission ,so their admission status needs to be verify before they can register)
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 11:00am On Apr 08, 2017
zord33k:

Not that bro, If you are not regularized, you can Register for DE using 'Other Diploma' option, but if you are regularized u will Register choosing ND/HND option. However some that register 2ru 'Other Diploma' Option was admitted last year so do not panic if u were unable to do the regularization...

ok
maybe there was some error on the registration platform last year..
cos you should be able to register if your admission status is recognize using your jamb reg. numbner
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Knownpal(m): 11:31am On Apr 08, 2017
[quote author=conerstone97 post=55375277][/quote]

Futminna.

I don't think is this an issue. If you go with Other Diploma, you're just telling JAMB that the school you went to might not admit students through JAMB. The school you want to apply to will then check your type of 'Diploma' during screening days, to if it's in accordance with the ones they do accept hence the word equivalent in 'Candidates having diploma equivalent to National Diploma too can apply for DE' when school advertise their Admission.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by taiwo05(m): 11:34am On Apr 08, 2017
zord33k:

don't advice them to use other diploma if they are not regularised, the best thing is u told them to go for it ,don't u no it has an implications or those that implemented it didn't no what they are doing, a lot of candidate were disqualify for it, u said your friend gain admission with it,please which school is that? thou I don't believed that.

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Raptureminded(m): 1:01pm On Apr 08, 2017
pls hope my regularization is not late till next Monday.... urgent response needed pls
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 8:30pm On Apr 08, 2017
Ustec:

According to the info.
Regularization is meant for those that gained admission through the institution(jamb did not recognize their admission ,so their admission status needs to be verify before they can register)

Yes, thats what am saying. Hence choosing other diploma when applying with ND might have implications except if you are applying with other diploma. Jamb that say we should regularise knows what they are saying/doing.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 8:33pm On Apr 08, 2017
taiwo05:

don't advice them to use other diploma if they are not regularised, the best thing is u told them to go for it ,don't u no it has an implications or those that implemented it didn't no what they are doing, a lot of candidate were disqualify for it, u said your friend gain admission with it,please which school is that? thou I don't believed that.
I second your opinion, chairman.
#Regularise and be on the safer side.... chikena.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 8:37pm On Apr 08, 2017
Raptureminded:
pls hope my regularization is not late till next Monday.... urgent response needed pls
it is not late bro, i havent done mine too becos we are unable to make payment due to their site which is down presently as a result of utme registration and stuffs... so we are waiting till when the site would be ok, maybe when utme registration ends.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Geeflow(m): 11:27pm On Apr 08, 2017
Capslock01:

Ayinde, yes there are schools that accept AAT for direct entry all you just need is to do research. Well, I've helped you with that, Mr. Mayorde ( a nairalander) said in one thread in 2008 that OAU, UNN, OOU, UNIBEN etc accept AAT for DE.

The same Mr. Mayorde later used AAT for DE into UNIBEN and graduated as department and faculty best. Give it a shot bro cool
plz bro help a fellow, I want to know how carryover are re-sit for in every high institutions in Nigeria, plz does it involve paying d same amount of d initial school fees per year or u are going to pay alone for d courses been failed? Thanks sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (230) (Reply)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.