Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,876 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

DIRECT ENTRY Admission. - Education (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / DIRECT ENTRY Admission. (484184 Views)

Direct Entry Admission Guide Into Nigerian Universities. / Nigerian Universities That Accept Lower Credit For Direct Entry Admission / Uniben Direct Entry 2017/2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (230) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brighttech95(m): 7:21pm On Apr 04, 2017
absky5:
Finished my ND from Lagos State polytechnic....Course : marketing.... Lower credit..... I want to chose lasu for my direct entry......... What are my chances??

just go for HND don't waste ur money lasu and unilag accept distinction alone

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by absky5(m): 8:03pm On Apr 04, 2017
brighttech95:

thank u
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by shotzy999(m): 8:04pm On Apr 04, 2017
Ramwab94:
In previous years, it had been possible. Infact, I know of a Lady, Dearpiriye, who applied for both in the 2015 Admission session. She was later admitted into Medicine and Surgery at UI same year. But my brother, the system has changed. You need not do that if you really don't want to be disqualified, as double registration UTME and DE is not adviseable and leads to disqualification as stated by Jamb. Prevention they say, is better than cure.
you can apply for DE and as well UTME and there is nothing like an aftermath.
It's on the portal both DE and UTME registration is available for each students......
or possibly you open a new account with JAMB if you want to register for DE.
I asked that at the CBT accredited centre where is went to to register my UTME Today
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by absky5(m): 8:13pm On Apr 04, 2017
brighttech95:

so, u mean I don't have any chances in going for direct entry even in other institutions apart from going back for my HND
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 8:35pm On Apr 04, 2017
absky5:
so, u mean I don't have any chances in going for direct entry even in other institutions apart from going back for my HND

Try universities in the northern region/
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by brighttech95(m): 9:11pm On Apr 04, 2017
absky5:

d minimum is upper credit for schools in the west u can try north as suggested by d op above
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by tobalery: 9:31pm On Apr 04, 2017
abeg who don read that book, trust me it arrant nonsense, itz all abt secondary school pupils, imagine for a old man lyk me who don use more than 4 years for University. unto say I won do Law..... na wa oooo

2 Likes

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:43pm On Apr 04, 2017
absky5:
Finished my ND from Lagos State polytechnic....Course : marketing.... Lower credit..... I want to chose lasu for my direct entry......... What are my chances??
to be candid very slim... However if u choose marketing again which is less competitive... U maybbe lucky
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2017
brighttech95:

why now,, Lasu accepts upper credit Bro.....
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:47pm On Apr 04, 2017
shotzy999:

you can apply for DE and as well UTME and there is nothing like an aftermath.
It's on the portal both DE and UTME registration is available for each students......
or possibly you open a new account with JAMB if you want to register for DE.
I asked that at the CBT accredited centre where is went to to register my UTME Today
where did you register ur utme bro
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 9:49pm On Apr 04, 2017
tobalery:
abeg who don read that book, trust me it arrant nonsense, itz all abt secondary school pupils, imagine for a old man lyk me who don use more than 4 years for University. unto say I won do Law..... na wa oooo

Exactly.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by AyarmBoye(m): 9:50pm On Apr 04, 2017
tobalery:
Lolz.....itz not about what it entails neither is it about ur view.. Itz about digesting the goddam Novel and pouring it out in D exams.... I hope u grab

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 11:05pm On Apr 04, 2017
Wuminity:

Am not understanding again o. But seriouly are you sure this is safe? I think jamb do request for our previous jamb reg no, which we used in gaining admission. So are they not going to ask for the number again?

which catégory do u belong ?
regularized or not yet regularized...
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by afroduke: 12:37am On Apr 05, 2017
zord33k:

Indeed it is a Good development but a bad development to those that their choice school is very far from where they stay.. Jamb should save us the stress of travelling long distance just for a mere test.

brother i really like the idea of exams, it gives us all a fighting chance.. rather than some 'long leg' people getting in through the back door

2 Likes

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Wuminity(f): 12:56am On Apr 05, 2017
EngrBello:

which catégory do u belong ? regularized or not yet regularized...
not yet.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by absky5(m): 7:55am On Apr 05, 2017
Thanks
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Ustec: 9:14am On Apr 05, 2017
EngrBello:

I think people without jamb regularization(Diaplaying,no admission yet e.g Mapoly,Polyibadan etc ) are safe for nw, just postpone ur regularization till after gaining admission.... nevertheless..people with regularized jamb number(e.g YCT,FPI and so) can also apply for both.... we're in Nigeria.... where money matters!

is it possible to register with the previous jamb reg. number without applying for regularization??
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 10:43am On Apr 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Its a good thing, and I'm certain reputable schools that want the best candidate will see this as a welcome development.
let's see how it goes 1st, BTW are you saying from your statement that those distinctions, uppers, 1st class or 2.1s that do get admitted aren't "the best".

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 11:21am On Apr 05, 2017
dearpiriye:
let's see how it goes 1st, BTW are you saying from your statement that those distinctions, uppers, 1st class or 2.1s that do get admitted aren't "the best".

Yes. They should be able to prove they are best in an aptitude test. That they have distinctions and upper on their certificates doesn't always mean they deserved it. This is Nigeria where money gets you whatever you want, no?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 11:26am On Apr 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

Yes. They should be able to prove they are best in an aptitude test. That they have distinctions and upper on their certificates doesn't always mean they deserved. This is Nigeria where money gets you whatever you want, no?
maybe for an upper but definitely not a distinction. Respectable institutions don't play with distinctions or 1st class or very strong 2.1s. Have you ever thought of what this so called aptitude test ought to cover? This isn't jamb where you base on basics. All the institutions doing exams are testing these basics but it doesn't make sense for DE cos they have left that and specialized. Using a bsc in anatomy for example coming to ask someone like that about biology, physics or chemistry won't also give you the best cos they have left that. I feel like if there should ever be tests for DE it should be in their subject area. And yes, I know you need knowledge of these basics but not in all departments.

2 Likes

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by tobalery: 11:43am On Apr 05, 2017
dearpiriye:
maybe for an upper but definitely not a distinction. Respectable institutions don't play with distinctions or 1st class or very strong 2.1s. Have you ever thought of what this so called aptitude test ought to cover? This isn't jamb where you base on basics. All the institutions doing exams are testing these basics but it doesn't make sense for DE cos they have left that and specialized. Using a bsc in anatomy for example coming to ask someone like that about biology, physics or chemistry won't also give you the best cos they have left that. I feel like if there should ever be tests for DE it should be in their subject area. And yes, I know you need knowledge of these basics but not in all departments.
very mature...... d basic isn't even d problem, itz d diversion from a candidate field to another entire field, someone who studied History facing geographical or economic question.
apart from Private University, trust me itz not easy to bag a upper credit

1 Like

Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by fvfcvdfgf(m): 12:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
tobalery:

certainly not easy at all
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 12:27pm On Apr 05, 2017
tobalery:

very mature...... d basic isn't even d problem, itz d diversion from a candidate field to another entire field, someone who studied History facing geographical or economic question.
apart from Private University, trust me itz not easy to bag a upper credit
exactly.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 2:46pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ustec:

is it possible to register with the previous jamb reg. number without applying for regularization??
don't panic....its 100% possible !
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 3:02pm On Apr 05, 2017
absky5:
Those ppl discouragin U were scared of Compétition...
just Follow ur mind..
You'll be amazed when u see someone witg lower and also distinction applyin wit U!
Lasu is very Ok! they ain't dat partial like Unilag,UI and OAU!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by demmyhandsome(m): 3:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
bawz012:
Na wa o

What baffles me now is that, I have got a regularized JAMB reg number which one could use to register for DE.

question is CAN I STILL TAKE UTME AND DE WITHOUT BEING DISQUALIFIED?
pls, kindly upload the page that indicate you hav been regularized to we that we ar yet to got regularized. and again, is jamb regularization reg num diff from the one we used for jamb at the time we got admission then?
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 4:17pm On Apr 05, 2017
EngrBello:

just Follow ur mind..
You'll be amazed when u see someone witg lower and also distinction applyin wit U!
undecided.......i don't see partiality.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by deewon56: 4:54pm On Apr 05, 2017
kudos to guys so far nice to join this great thread, I want to ask is it necessary to obtain jamb regularization? since i was given admission by jamb thou I do see my name on jamb portal
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 5:02pm On Apr 05, 2017
tobalery:

This is laughable. So because you studied history, you knowledge should be restricted to history alone?

We are talking about aptitude test here not some type of jamb questions or something. I doubt you know what an aptitude test is sef. Smh.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by Rilwayne001: 5:03pm On Apr 05, 2017
EngrBello:

just Follow ur mind..

Stop giving him false hope!
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by dearpiriye: 5:23pm On Apr 05, 2017
Rilwayne001:

This is laughable. So because you studied history, you knowledge should be restricted to history alone?

We are talking about aptitude test here not some type of jamb questions or something. I doubt you know what an aptitude test is sef. Smh.
it's good you said this. If one is to go by this statement then there will be no" the best". Being versatile and well read differs from being the best in a field one spent 2_4yrs studying.
Re: DIRECT ENTRY Admission. by EngrBello(m): 5:28pm On Apr 05, 2017
Ramwab94:
In previous years, it had been possible. Infact, I know of a Lady, Dearpiriye, who applied for both in the 2015 Admission session. She was later admitted into Medicine and Surgery at UI same year. But my brother, the system has changed. You need not do that if you really don't want to be disqualified, as double registration UTME and DE is not adviseable and leads to disqualification as stated by Jamb. Prevention they say, is better than cure.

no. 1 Deapiye just got admission into UI last year..
moreover,what do you know about disqualification? and why do u think jamb didn't want both registration from one person

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (230) (Reply)

Mastercard Foundation Scholarship, Enter Here / 2016/2017 University of Ibadan Admission Thread Guide. / Jamb Result Checker 2012/2013 – UTME Result Checker

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.