Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,311 members, 7,954,248 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:22 PM

Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class (8997 Views)

For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 / How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by spikedcylinder: 12:38pm On Nov 13, 2009
Niseed:

Yes i own my company, but lets not digress , my point was that you could still do a lot with a 3rd class if you have the drive and know what you really want to do. We lack a training and development culture in Nigeria and thats why we always lay emphasis on degrees and not practical experience. what good is a degree if you have no clue on what you are doing you're still going to get trained right?

You can work in barclays, halifax or any major high street bank and be a manager with just your GCSE,s and A-levels. Its unheard of here, unless your father owns the bank.

Theres more to life than having a degree, Sir Alan Sugar and Richard branson are highly respected in the world of business and neither of them have basic O-levels. Now are they respected because they lack degrees or they dont but yet accomplished a lot? either way they conduct their businesses better than most people in their industry.

The issue here is not if a person can be successful with or without a university degree. The issue is - is one right to desire academic intelligence in a partner?
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

I thought you said:

If she's smart but not academically brilliant, how was he to know that she poofed her grades? The moment he found out she wasn't his type - academically, he ended things. He has the rights to do that.

Was she hiding her results from him while they were dating. While I was in school, I used to calculate my G.P with my BF. We both knew what we were gonna graduate with before the statement of result came out. If he cared so much about her academics, he would have done the same.

If academic intelligence was important to him, then dont you think he should have tried his best to know what her grades were and tried to help in anyway he could?  Wont that always be the topic for discussion? How intelligent could she be to hide such a thing from him. How dumb is he not to know that how badly his girl is doing in her studies despite the witty concersations they engage in?
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by spikedcylinder: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
Well, we don't know the specifics of the story. The OP said he was at her graduation which can mean that they were pretty close and he kept close tabs on her academics. . . .or not.
It might also be that he tried his best to remain in the relationship whilst she displayed every dumb blond characteristic known to man. He might have reached a breaking point.
Again, the specifics are not known but based on what has been said by the OP, the man can choose to be or not to be with an academic dullard!
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by whitelexi(m): 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
@Topic:

It is becoming an epidemic and we should not be encouraging it.
Very soon we will have to consider many things before approaching a pretty girl in the open, cos most of them out there today are just pretty but empty upstairs!!

Like someone [walk] said earlier: Many of them can school u on the latest fashion and tricks to snare aristos but know absolutely nothing about their books - Surely that is not a way of life!
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

The issue here is not if a person can be successful with or without a university degree. The issue is - is one right to desire academic intelligence in a partner?

Yes, totally right!

I'm not saying he's wrong by doing what he did, I just think it's a bit silly!  undecided
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 13, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Well, we don't know the specifics of the story. The OP said he was at her graduation which can mean that they were pretty close and he kept close tabs on her academics. . . .or not.
[b]It might also be that he tried his best to remain in the relationships whilst she displayed every dumb blond characteristic known to man. He might have reached a breaking point.[/b]Again, the specifics are not know but based on what has been said by the OP, the man can choose to be or not to be with an academic dullard!

LOL grin grin

Well, you do have a point!
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 13, 2009
whitelexi:

@Topic:

It is becoming an epidemic and we should not be encouraging it.
Very soon we will have to consider many things before approaching a pretty girl in the open, cos most of them out there today are just pretty but empty upstairs!!

Like someone [walk] said earlier: Many of them can school u on the latest fashion and tricks to snare aristos but know absolutely nothing about their books - Surely that is not a way of life!

Well just because someone is a 'Holy-Holy' dosent mean she's a first class student.

I was considered to be one of the party girls back in school but I managed to graduate with a 2.1 as opposed to the Hollier than thou's in my class back then. Maybe I would have made a first class if I tried harder undecided

Well, whatever . . my point is that you can still know your fashion and your books; and any responsible young girl knows that!
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by spikedcylinder: 12:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
What school did you finish from, Uju?
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 1:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka. wink
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 13, 2009
Dont underestimate a pretty face.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 1:10pm On Nov 13, 2009
Right grin grin
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by smooooooth: 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2009
making a third class does not mean having a low IQ. some schools are good are screwing up ur life. its possible this babe graduated from ecostat dept from the university of Benin. some of the bst brains will come out with a pass in that dept & sch, they have never had a first class. so u all dnt judge her.

op, back to ur question, i dnt think that was enough reason to dump the girl. the guy just needed an excuse and he picked on the dumbest. undecided
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by tkb417(m): 1:43pm On Nov 13, 2009
Yes i own my company, but lets not digress , my point was that you could still do a lot with a 3rd class if you have the drive and know what you really want to do. We lack a training and development culture in Nigeria and thats why we always lay emphasis on degrees and not practical experience. what good is a degree if you have no clue on what you are doing you're still going to get trained right?

You can work in barclays, halifax or any major high street bank and be a manager with just your GCSE,s and A-levels. Its unheard of here, unless your father owns the bank.

Theres more to life than having a degree, Sir Alan Sugar and Richard branson are highly respected in the world of business and neither of them have basic O-levels. Now are they respected because they lack degrees or they dont but yet accomplished a lot? either way they conduct their businesses better than most people in their industry.

ure right! but what could be the factors that led to your woeful results in school?

u were partying rght? If Richard Branson had gone to school, he wouldnt have failed like u did; u feel me. Just kidding grin grin grin
i agree with ya, ur certficate doesnt marra in how you progress in life but it can be a debilitating factor in an unfriendly set up like Nigeria
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 13, 2009
maybe the dude did not want to face the future burden of being the sole provider in the family - its hard enough for 2'1 and 2'2 grads to get jobs - for 3'1 grads. . . God dey.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by omar22(m): 2:15pm On Nov 13, 2009
I know a girl who left her childhood sweatheart because the parent put pressure her not to marry an uneducated person now shes married to someone that looks like her uncle when they stand next to each other though he is a Dr,  but they look odd together but its what the parents want and this one na for London o!!!
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by oYaTo(m): 2:38pm On Nov 13, 2009
tkb417:

ure right! but what could be the factors that led to your woeful results in school?

haba! undecided

d bros no talk say na pass he carry comot school na lipsrsealed
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by yjay(f): 2:53pm On Nov 13, 2009
@poster, its the silliest thing i ve ever heard cos im sure he knows that she can go back to school immediately to do a PG programme, so YES his excuse was pretty LAME!!!!!!!!
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Puvguy: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
mod
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by tkb417(m): 3:36pm On Nov 13, 2009
oYaTo:

haba! undecided

d bros no talk say na pass he carry comot school na lipsrsealed
he said he didnt make a first class, 2nd class nor even a third

abi another grade dey after 3rd class
na pass and fail remain nau
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by oYaTo(m): 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2009
^^^^

mayb d bros no go school, or even dropped out lipsrsealed

prolly why he gave examples of Branson n Sugar wink
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by tkb417(m): 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2009
oYaTo:

^^^^

mayb d bros no go school, or even dropped out lipsrsealed

prolly why he gave examples of Branson n Sugar wink
haha
i didnt say that o
but nau he has a company where he can fire people like ya
ol boi, thats what matters grin

Thats the koko
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by asha80(m): 4:00pm On Nov 13, 2009
No2Atheism:

There is book smart and there is street smart . . .

The problem is which one do you want in your partner . . .

For me from experience i will rather prefer street smart as a partner to book smart because in marraige you will deal more with the former rather than later.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Outstrip(f): 5:02pm On Nov 13, 2009
Why do you have to write like that
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Fhemmmy: 2:20am On Nov 14, 2009
The guy knew that schoolng is over and now she will bombard him with marriage talk and the guy is scared.
The guy knows that now, she needs to get a job and scared that with 3rd class, might not be that easy.
Tell your cousin to Pele and all will be well
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by posakosa(m): 2:49am On Nov 14, 2009
Funny Poster----- HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH------- grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by marocguy(m): 3:05am On Nov 14, 2009
Too bad, She shud take it as one of those sily things dat happen in life. Is she still down? give me her numba undecided
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Fhemmmy: 3:54am On Nov 14, 2009
marocguy:

Too bad, She shud take it as one of those sily things dat happen in life. Is she still down? give me her numba undecided

bad man . . . u wanna console her with your arms . . . . nice one wink
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Remii(m): 3:58am On Nov 14, 2009
The guy must have another reason, CGPA is calculated over years and should have known she would end up in 3rd class before now. Anyway, further education with 3rd Class should not be a problem, if you got there due to early years unseriousness and you went to school like OAU where every course in included and every year carry the same weight in CPGA calculation, you may end up in 3rd class even with lots of As and B+ in upper year. In that case it may not be a yardstick for the person's ability.

As a matter of fact, Wole Soyinka and Gani Fawehinmi made 3rd class in the University. Soyinka went to London to repeat his BA, the performance was so good that they gave him Prof without MA or PhD, Those who gave him 3rd class in UI did not get to where he got to today. We all know the history of the late SAM too, so it is not what has happened to you it is how you manage to use the leanring for your next step.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by chic2pimp(m): 4:27am On Nov 14, 2009
@ POST

THE GIRL SHOULD STOP WHINNING LIKE A SPOILT LITTLE BIATCH AND MOVE ON angry angry angry angry
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by buzmail1: 5:32am On Nov 14, 2009
We can't just blame the guy there must be an unrevealed secret why the guy does that,probably he had boost of the within his
family or something else that is more important

Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by vanitty: 7:08am On Nov 14, 2009
Silly boy, right where she probably needed him most, it sure was an excuse but he shouldn't have used her situation to break it off, what ever happened to it is not you it is me.
I hope any failure in his life rather than been supported, he get jilted for
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by marocguy(m): 7:36am On Nov 14, 2009
Fhemmmy i think u jst misunderstood me. I wuz jst tryn 2 help some1 emotionally depressd out here{wit a pure heart 4 nw}. Pls dont b d barrier, @ least i am 1 of d few guys around dats not segregatin based on tins lyk result n ol dat. I always go 4 characta, and of course beauty. Who knws she might b a diva

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Waec Releases Nov-dec Gce Results With 20.04 Per Cent Pass Rate. / Insecurity: Jigawa, Rivers, Bayelsa Evacuate Students From ABU / Is GST Your Problem? Kindly Check The Solved GST Past Questions $ Answers Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.