Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,703 members, 7,955,653 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:02 PM

Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class (9000 Views)

For those with 3rd class degree take these steps!!!! / I Did Not Make 3rd Class Degree(Soyinka) I Made 2:1 / How Can I Do A Master's With A 3rd Class ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by ade44ade2: 7:03pm On Nov 14, 2009
the guy really took a nice step how a big boy like him be moving with a dullard
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by samnaija: 7:58pm On Nov 14, 2009
Jairzinho:

Well,for those of us that have searched for work in Naija,we know a 3rd class is a liability,unless you have connections. Most times employers shortlist 2.2(at times 2.1) & above ,just for aptitude test cos of the sheer number of applications,so yes a 1.1 doesn't mean u're sharp. . . but that unfortunately is the way things are right now.
Its also possible she had been hiding/lying about her grades. . . hoping to 'settle' at the last moment. . . .she won't give the OP the full gist Im sure. . . . the guy can't be that heartless. . . .

thats very true, the reality in naija of today no leg no work. try applying for a job, its either 2.1 or 2.2,. people keep bringing out names of popular people that had 3 class and made it, but bear in mind there are also many people in that class that did not make it. as for the girl thats life, he as made is choice and it is personal choice. we all have a desire of who we want to settle down with, and if ur not comfortable with the other person seek another person period. she should pull strength from what happened and move on,
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by airzzee(m): 8:55pm On Nov 14, 2009
Guys. It's an individual thing. It's also a personal philosophy thing. If I feel marrying a 3rd class woman will affect my children's intelligence or my flow with the spouse, there is nothing wrong in me withdrawing. A discontinued courtship is better than a discontented marriage. I know many friends who have done it. I have done it too [THAT IS ME; I AM NOT YOU!!!!]. But the difference is that I followed the academic progress of the babe involved. I didn't wait till final year before I withdrew.

For goodness sake, why should you not know your fiance(e)'s academic record until (s)he graduates. Except the guy/babe involved is equally a ne'er do well, no reasonable man/woman would want to close his/her eyes to the fiance(e)'s progress. The only exception is IF THE GIRL HAS BEEN LYING TO THE GUY ABOUT HER RESULTS. ARE WE SURE THAT WAS NOT THE CASE WITH YOUR COUSIN? THIS VERY ONE HAPPENED TO MY FRIEND.

Let me warn, guys, marriage is NOT all about love. Marriage goes well beyond love. Values, philosophy, line of thinking, likes & dislikes matter so much. When marriage advances in age, love fades. That time, the only thing that keeps the relationship moving are the values, the belief (not necessarily religion-o). Marriage is more than pulchritude. That is why the Bible even says "Be ye not Unequally yoked, " whether with unbelievers or 'boko haram' (education-haters). I can't stand you if you can't flow with me academically. THAT IS ME-O! I'm sorry, that's me.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by tayoast(m): 10:01pm On Nov 14, 2009
airzzee:

Guys. It's an individual thing. It's also a personal philosophy thing. If I feel marrying a 3rd class woman will affect my children's intelligence or my flow with the spouse, there is nothing wrong in me withdrawing. A discontinued courtship is better than a discontented marriage. I know many friends who have done it. I have done it too [THAT IS ME; I AM NOT YOU!!!!]. But the difference is that I followed the academic progress of the babe involved. I didn't wait till final year before I withdrew.

Abi ooo
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 10:05pm On Nov 14, 2009
I'm sorry but i cant marry a woman who is not intellectually up there. A 3rd class is just not good enough.
To every man his own.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by stede(m): 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2009
nawa , the way w reason in 9ija is entirely different, NIGERIA MENTALITYgrin angry sad sad
[list]
[li][tt][/tt][/li]
[li][/li]
[/list]
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by na2day2(m): 11:25pm On Nov 14, 2009
davidylan:

I'm sorry but i cant marry a woman who is not intellectually up there. A 3rd class is just not good enough.
To every man his own.

just like women won't marry a poor man in the name of love
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by kenuoyibo(m): 2:50am On Nov 15, 2009
He knew that now she had finished schooling the next topic will be marriage, and he was looking for an excuse to dump her. But the 3rd class excuse was the dumbest I have ever heard, because having dated for close to two years he must have known her level of IQ.
[color=Black][/color] the guy shud have known the iq of his chic,that's the dumbest reason for a guy to dump a female graduand
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Handsomeemmy(m): 6:14am On Nov 15, 2009
A dumb excuse. Let the lady just move on with her life. There is more to life than all this nonsense the guy is displaying.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Ayankaa: 6:36am On Nov 15, 2009
That is not a reason at all. He knows why, though he may want to make your cousin think that is it. perhaps he has seen a new catched.

Just tell your Cousin to look ahead and keep focused as nothing is as fearful as fear the future is still bright.
By the way what class has he got.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by beknown(m): 10:33am On Nov 15, 2009
The guy has taken a very harsh step. However, it will be difficult to make an informed judgment if we do not have the full story.

As we all know in the modern world, to whom much is given, much is expected. In Nigeria, education is like an investment in the future.

The guy may have invested a lot of money to see her through studies after many chaotic situations and sacrifice. The guy may have risked his own comfort to see her through university. The guy may have foregone his own education or other ventures for the purpose of supporting her through studies.

A guy who has been loyal to her since two years suddenly changed. Something caused the change.

Let us not be quick to judge because we do not have the full story.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by bandely(m): 1:47pm On Nov 15, 2009
na2day?:

just like women won't marry a poor man in the name of love
lol! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by nastydamus(m): 2:48pm On Nov 15, 2009
We're all entitled to our right to make choices in life; that's what distinguishes us from lower animals- our ability to take decisions and stick to 'em. The guy must've done a lot of thinking before ditching the the chick (over 2 yrs of investment - KFC, Biggs, Tantalizers, bukka, zinc house, etc).
He probably discovered that apart from the fact that he'll bear the entire brunt of catering for the impending marriage, he might also get stuck with average IQ-ed kids, implying special schooling, extra lessons, special treatment and the attendant impacts on his wallet.
At least he didn't call it off after marriage. They should both move on with their separate lives. QED! cry cry cry shocked
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by chidyke77(m): 3:03pm On Nov 15, 2009
Its nt because of d 3rd class issue bt d guy wnted to dump her bt was luking 4 a stupid excuse.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by cvibe: 3:13pm On Nov 15, 2009
To whom much is given, much is expected.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by texazzpete(m): 3:21pm On Nov 15, 2009
Lol @ people saying Your graduating grade is not an indication of intelligence and smartness. That argument Is sound if you're talking of someone with a 2.2. But a 3rd class? Anyone with a 3rd class has to be a dumbass, pure and simple. You actually need to work at it to make a 3rd class, shebi u know?

As for the guy's actions, I see nothing wrong in it. It's his choice, just like it was her choice to get a crappy degree.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by posakosa(m): 3:37pm On Nov 15, 2009
texazzpete:

Lol @ people saying Your graduating grade is not an indication of intelligence and smartness. That argument Is sound if you're talking of someone with a 2.2. But a 3rd class? Anyone with a 3rd class has to be a dumbass, pure and simple. You actually need to work at it to make a 3rd class, shebi u know?

As for the guy's actions, I see nothing wrong in it. It's his choice, just like it was her choice to get a crappy degree.

funnny post-------She might be smart in REAL life but NOT BOOK smart---- there are some people like that. undecided undecided undecided
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 15, 2009
All these females saying the feller should have noticed this, just forget that FBI doesn't know a thing on a woman with a plan. Women's acts are always sealed, signed, packaged but this time not shipped.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Rooneyboy(m): 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2009
That serves her right, when she was opening her legs all through her 4/5 years in school all in the name of love she didnt know.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by Rooneyboy(m): 5:15pm On Nov 15, 2009
The guy has finished chopping his Kpomo. He's going hunting for another.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by shamespury: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2009
the guy is unserious, and the dullest person on earth.i advice the babe never to cross his path and moving with her life
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by shamespury: 5:55pm On Nov 15, 2009

i disagree with u . what about those with 1st class who cannot defend it. a 3rd class person might actually be productive in some other areas lipsrsealed
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by texazzpete(m): 10:24pm On Nov 15, 2009
If you graduate with a 3rd class, it means you aren't smart, pure and simple.
Your target as a student should be to graduate with as good a grade as possible, so it's either you aren't intelligent enough or you're intelligent and aren't smart.
I met a guy in my NYSC camp who's pretty intelligent. He had graduated with a PASS degree (even worse than a 3rd class) simply because he wasn't interested in school stuff. I don't know about you, but hanging in there in school when you have far better aptitude in other areas is pretty daft if you ask me.

shamespury:

i disagree with u . what about those with 1st class who cannot defend it. a 3rd class person might actually be productive in some other areas lipsrsealed

ANyone with a 1st class degree has proven that he/she has intelligence, diligence and perseverance. It doesn't matter if they can defend it or not, you don't get a first class without having something up there in the head. At least i can vouch for my school.
Any employer who's recruiting at least can see someone with staying power and a decent level of intelligence.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by vanitty: 10:39pm On Nov 15, 2009
Hehehehe you will be surprised. Ist class sometimes doesn't necessary means you are intelligent, if you are an exceptional "cramer" you can easily get 1st but you will forget what you were taught within 3 weeks of writing the exam.  cheesy
Some people are unfortunate that get into courses they don't particularly like and can't really get out off thereby getting 3rd class.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by texazzpete(m): 12:10am On Nov 16, 2009
vanitty:

Hehehehe you will be surprised. Ist class sometimes doesn't necessary means you are intelligent, if you are an exceptional "cramer" you can easily get 1st but you will forget what you were taught within 3 weeks of writing the exam.  cheesy.

You can get by on 'cramming' alone for a decent 2.1. But it's difficult to get a 1st class by cramming only.

vanitty:

Some people are unfortunate that get into courses they don't particularly like and can't really get out off thereby getting 3rd class.

Even if you get into a course you don't like, is that a license to self-destruct? You sit in a lecture hall all day and cannot do anything on exam day simply because it's a course you hate?
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by na2day2(m): 2:27am On Nov 16, 2009
nastydamus:

We're all entitled to our right to make choices in life; that's what distinguishes us from lower animals- our ability to take decisions and stick to 'em. The guy must've done a lot of thinking before ditching the the chick (over 2 yrs of investment - KFC, Biggs, Tantalizers, bukka, zinc house, etc).
He probably discovered that apart from the fact that he'll bear the entire brunt of catering for the impending marriage, he might also get stuck with average IQ-ed kids, implying special schooling, extra lessons, special treatment and the attendant impacts on his wallet.
At least he didn't call it off after marriage. They should both move on with their separate lives. QED! cry cry cry shocked

here u go, that is just the summary of this gospel truth. i like ur style jare wink wink
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by kenuoyibo(m): 3:49am On Nov 16, 2009
he never really loved the babe. he just wanted her because of her certificate,since she didn't meet up to standard,he threw her away like a used tissue paper. that guy doesn't deserve a graduaute for a fiancee,that was sheer wickedness.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by na2day2(m): 3:55am On Nov 16, 2009
kenuoyibo:

he never really loved the babe. he just wanted her because of her certificate,since she didn't meet up to standard,he threw her away like a used tissue paper. that guy doesn't deserve a graduaute for a fiancee,that was sheer wickedness.

really? lets take a poll here, how of the NL girls will want to marry sumtin that just graduated with a 3rd class or no degree, i am sure at the end of the poll they will justify their reason for choosing the rich dude or guys with big prospect
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by emiemi(f): 9:53am On Nov 16, 2009
The guy is a fake guy. O, maybe he was hoping she would come out with a 2.1, get a job in a
multinational coy or a bank so he can start chopping money. I bet his sorry ass is not ready to
work.

To the lady, lucky you, it's good riddance to bad rubbbbbbbbish.
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by puffpuff: 10:13am On Nov 16, 2009
Nobody wants to carry a liability[i][/i]
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by na2day2(m): 10:21am On Nov 16, 2009
puffpuff:

Nobody wants to carry a liability[i][/i]

thank u
Re: Dumped Because She Had A 3rd Class by mex004(m): 10:59am On Nov 16, 2009
sincere he is not good 4 u. Try & forget about him 7 move on,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Insecurity: Jigawa, Rivers, Bayelsa Evacuate Students From ABU / Between School Of Nursing And School Of Health, Which One Is Better? / Waec Releases Nov-dec Gce Results With 20.04 Per Cent Pass Rate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.