Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,530 members, 7,850,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:31 AM

Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? (1433 Views)

Amina Mohammed Makes Her First Press Engagement As UN Deputy Secretary General / Amina Mohammed Sworn-In As As UN Deputy Secretary General (Photos) / Amina Muhammad Is Officially UN Deputy Secretary-general (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by Dapyem(m): 8:52am On Dec 11, 2016
I read it somewhere that Minister of Environment,Amina Muhammed has been appointed as Deputy Sec. Gen of United Nations. Anyone with detailed info on it? Whether its true or not.
Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by malikisah: 9:31am On Dec 11, 2016
It will break in mainstream media if it's true
Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by Marotzke(m): 10:19am On Dec 11, 2016
Dapyem:
I read it somewhere that Minister of Environment,Amina Muhammed has been appointed as Deputy Sec. Gen of United Nations. Anyone with detailed info on it? Whether its true or not.
Go back to sleep, read that newspaper thoroughly, wake up, brush your teeth thoroughly and come back to announce that Amina is now NATO commander for the Persian Gulf region. Akuya.

1 Like

Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by freeze001(f): 10:41am On Dec 11, 2016
Dapyem:

https://www.un.org/sg/en/content/profiles/jan-eliasson-0

Read from the core UN source/link
Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by Dapyem(m): 10:42am On Dec 11, 2016
Marotzke:
Go back to sleep, read that newspaper thoroughly, wake up, brush your teeth thoroughly and come back to announce that Amina is now NATO commander for the Persian Gulf region. Akuya.

Why d insult bro? I saw it on twitter pls.
Look below for evidence pls

Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by Dapyem(m): 10:46am On Dec 11, 2016
freeze001:

Thank sister for dat info but am talking about her being appointed as deputy to incoming Sec. Gen

Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by freeze001(f): 10:51am On Dec 11, 2016
Dapyem:

Thank sister for dat info but am talking about her being appointed as deputy to incoming Sec. Gen

This is the closest I can find for any appointment of Amina Mohammed in the UN
http://www.un.org/press/en/2012/sga1349.doc.htm
Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by Dapyem(m): 10:57am On Dec 11, 2016
These are my sources below. I dont give out information without source.

Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by Noblecx: 6:44pm On Dec 11, 2016
freeze001:

cant find her there
this link is the profile of the current sec gen which is Jan Eliasson
Re: Amina Muhammed Appointed As Deputy Secretary-general Of United Nations? by freeze001(f): 7:39pm On Dec 11, 2016
Noblecx:

cant find her there
this link is the profile of the current sec gen which is Jan Eliasson

That was the point I was trying to raise, that there's no official news on the UN website saying Amina Muhammed had been appointed UN Deputy secretary general.

(1) (Reply)

Igbos Of Nairaland Welcome Back EzeUche, Odogwu Ndigbo Of Nairaland!!! / FFK Pressing IPOB Mumu Botton / REVEALED!! 1959 Document From Shell P/harcourt Reveals Ikwerre Are Igbo (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.