Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,167 members, 7,957,361 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:32 AM

North Cyprus - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (791009 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 2:00pm On Nov 15, 2015
kstadaura:

ok Thnk you ver much. but what about recognition, how do i know if a school abroad is recognised in Nigeria pls,cos i heard cases of schools that are not recognised and people have already gotten certificates from such schools

All recognized institutions abroad are listed in ministry of education in Abuja. So you will need to take the name of your chosen university or college there and check up their list.

Best wishes!

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by kstadaura: 6:06pm On Nov 15, 2015
wip7:

All recognized institutions abroad are listed in ministry of education in Abuja. So you will need to take the name of your chosen university or college there and check up their list.

Best wishes!
Thank you
Re: North Cyprus by kcbentley: 7:31pm On Nov 15, 2015
wip7:

Best wishes!

baba mii wip..
your boy over greet u o ..
baba abeg i get a friend of mine we enter Emu togeda but his like d dad wants him to leave here so i tink dey r helpin him check for sch in germany..baba pls can he move even after dey gotten d sch can he move
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:51pm On Nov 15, 2015
mirrorboy:
Good day sir. Please, since I finished my secondary school in 2007, I have been working to save up some money to continue my education. Now, I'm considering North Cyprus to start my degree course.

Now my question is:

1. Hope this wont deny me visa at the embassy?

2. what documents do I need to submit to back up reasons for my education gap?

Thank you!

if you are not more than 25years you don't need to present any work document, the best you can do is to add your C.V.
The embassy doesn't look at education gap like Canada, the rule is simple 25yrs and below for undergraduate.
Re: North Cyprus by adeyemi97(m): 11:11am On Nov 16, 2015
Please if contact me if you are coming to Cyprus this week or next week, I'll job want you to help me buy a cream from Nigeria. I'll give you the money whenever you arrive. Thanks in advance
Re: North Cyprus by Fabjazz: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2015
@wip7

I read about something here and I would like to share something similar...

When I registered for waec, the person who registered me unfortunately made a mistake of my age and the result of the same exam was what I used in securing admission for february '16 intakes but I would like to know if that wont cause me a problem later cos I used my real age on my int. passport and birth certificate...

What I hate the most in life is breaking negative records, sure you understand what I'm saying right?

I would like to hear from you asap...

Best Regards
Re: North Cyprus by olamoller: 5:14pm On Nov 16, 2015
MR WIP
I APPLIED A YEAR AGO PRECISELY 2014
I WAS ADMITTED TO METU AND EMU
M.SC EONOMICS

I COULD MAKE THE PAYMENT THEM..
I WANT TO ASK IF IT IS STILL POSSIBLE FOR ME TO MAKE ANOTHER APPLICATION OR USE THE PREVIOUS YEAR ADDMISSION
THOUGH I DID NOT DEFFER THE ADMISSION..
BUT I STILL HAVE A COPY OF THE MAIL AND AS WELL AS HAVING ACCESS TO THE PORTAL EACH TIME I LOG IN.
I WILL NEED UR URGENT HELP ON THIS EITHER TO MAKE THE PAYMENT AND OBTAIN CLEARANCE OR I RE APPLY.
THANK YOU
Re: North Cyprus by worry359(m): 5:38pm On Nov 16, 2015
olamoller:

EITHER TO MAKE THE PAYMENT AND OBTAIN CLEARANCE OR I RE APPLY.

Do you have funds now for all your tuition and accommodation?
You will need to re-submit another application, last years is dead.

(Do not post all in capitals, it is bad manners!)

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:11pm On Nov 16, 2015
kcbentley:

baba mii wip..
your boy over greet u o ..
baba abeg i get a friend of mine we enter Emu togeda but his like d dad wants him to leave here so i tink dey r helpin him check for sch in germany..baba pls can he move even after dey gotten d sch can he move

Yes he can leave. He will need to close his account with EMU before his documents can be return to him and pay any debt, then leave Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by Fabjazz: 7:51am On Nov 17, 2015
Mr Wip7
Why you no dey like answer my questions? I no understand this boss
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2015
Fabjazz:
Mr Wip7

Why you no dey like answer my questions? I no understand this boss

I dont sleep on Nairaland waiting to answer your questions neither am I paid to do so.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:15am On Nov 17, 2015
Fabjazz:
@wip7

I read about something here and I would like to share something similar...

When I registered for waec, the person who registered me unfortunately made a mistake of my age and the result of the same exam was what I used in securing admission for february '16 intakes but I would like to know if that wont cause me a problem later cos I used my real age on my int. passport and birth certificate...

What I hate the most in life is breaking negative records, sure you understand what I'm saying right?

I would like to hear from you asap...

Best Regards

Kindly get a legal letter to support your inconsistency. Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by Fabjazz: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
@wip7
Thanks so much oga but you dont need to vex for me...
Re: North Cyprus by Fabjazz: 3:21pm On Nov 17, 2015
@wip7
Thanks so much oga but you dont need to vex for me...
Re: North Cyprus by Fabjazz: 3:22pm On Nov 17, 2015
@wip7
Who do I submit the letter to or do I withold until requested?
Re: North Cyprus by eazylion01(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hello Mr Wip,
Pls i have a cousin that graduated with 3rd class and he is ineterested to further his studies in north cyprus. He said his school won't give him his transcripts,they can only send it to the address provided,can he go on with the admission process with his statement of result?And will he be admitted for masters with his result? Thanksg
Re: North Cyprus by eazylion01(m): 10:48pm On Nov 17, 2015
Hello Mr Wip,
Pls i have a cousin that graduated with 3rd class and he is ineterested to further his studies in north cyprus. He said his school won't give him his transcripts,they can only send it to the address provided,can he go on with the admission process with his statement of result?And will he be admitted for masters with his result? Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:56pm On Nov 17, 2015
eazylion01:
Hello Mr Wip,
Pls i have a cousin that graduated with 3rd class and he is ineterested to further his studies in north cyprus. He said his school won't give him his transcripts,they can only send it to the address provided,can he go on with the admission process with his statement of result?And will he be admitted for masters with his result? Thanks

Good day,

The least grade EMU admit is 2.7...if he has less than that he wont be admitted, some program at EMU wants 3.0 and above. However, some universities like CIU can admit him with 3rd class as I learnt. He must secure his transcript one way or the other for admission purpose. He may request for student copy so he can use that for admission.
Re: North Cyprus by eazylion01(m): 8:54am On Nov 18, 2015
Thanks Mr Wip,can he be admittted for undergraduated course?I learnt he can do like 4 semesters then proceed for his masters,he wish to study English. And he is 26years
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
eazylion01:
Thanks Mr Wip,can he be admittted for undergraduated course?I learnt he can do like 4 semesters then proceed for his masters,he wish to study English. And he is 26years

For an undergraduate the age limit is 25yrs for EMU but some other university may admit him but number of years he spend depends on his grades and relevancy of the subjects. For him to have graduated with 3rd class, I doubt if he will have good grades in major subjects, meaning he might spend about 2.5-3yrs at undergraduate depending on the quality of the university he wants to enrol in.

Best wishes!
Re: North Cyprus by eazylion01(m): 8:29pm On Nov 18, 2015
Please which schools do you think accept students of his age for undergraduate or that will accept the 3rd class for masters with low tuition. Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by UgMartins1: 10:02pm On Nov 19, 2015
@penroll55...
.I sent to Turkish embassy mail today for appointment request & they didn't respond to my mail. when will they respond? though my planned of travel is 8th February 2016 & CIU start registration 15th February 2016 for spring semester.
Re: North Cyprus by penroll55(m): 11:32pm On Nov 19, 2015
UgMartins1:
@penroll55...
.I sent to Turkish embassy mail today for appointment request & they didn't respond to my mail. when will they respond? though my planned of travel is 8th February 2016 & CIU start registration 15th February 2016 for spring semester.

Before you book your visa appointment with the embassy make sure your name has been sent to the embassy by the school.
Names sent for last semester is not same with the new semester list.

The embassy respond to Visa application request at their due time, you might get a reply next day or next week or even next month, but if after a month no reply then book another appointment or better still call them to know the hold up (that is if no reply after a month
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 8:03am On Nov 20, 2015
penroll55:

Before you book your visa appointment with the embassy make sure your name has been sent to the embassy by the school.
Names sent for last semester is not same with the new semester list.

The embassy respond to Visa application request at their due time, you might get a reply next day or next week or even next month, but if after a month no reply then book another appointment or better still call them to know the hold up (that is if no reply after a month
first list of names will be sent by late December , so I suggest u book ur appointment by then and avoid going to the embassy for interview and been told name not on list after one week.. Just take some chill pills to do it right.
Re: North Cyprus by UgMartins1: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2015
@penroll55...thanks 4 ur rapid response. Turkish embassy wrote dis morning, saying : Dear applicant,

We do not start giving appointments for Spring Session. Please send us
e-mails for that session with the names of the university you are goning to
study at. Regards. and I replied by sending them the name of d school & program period: spring semester 2015-2016 ( to commence on February 2016) . what will expect from the Turkish embassy now. BC d CIU is yet to send spring semester to d embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by UgMartins1: 12:08pm On Nov 20, 2015
@penroll55...thanks 4 ur rapid response. Turkish embassy wrote dis morning, saying : Dear applicant,

study at. Regards.

and I replied by sending them the name of d school & program period: spring semester 2015-2016 ( to commence on February 2016) . what will expect from the Turkish embassy now. BC d CIU is yet to send spring semester to d embassy.
Re: North Cyprus by Fabjazz: 12:32pm On Nov 20, 2015
@wip7
Please sir, help me confirm my admission...
Application No:- U1513530 Passport No:- A50140240
Best Regards
Re: North Cyprus by UgMartins1: 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2015
@wip7 ....I sent Turkish embassy mail 4 appointment request yesterday & they replied dis morning with dis.

Dear applicant,

study at. Regards.

I replied them by sending d name of school Cyprus international university CIU. and period: spring semester 2015-2016 .
what is the next time to do ? should I wait till d embassy write again ? am confused because is like d school have not send our names to embassy for spring semester 2015-2016 .
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 20, 2015
eazylion01:
Hello Mr Wip,
CIU will accept your cousin even with pass but, your cousin will have problem during job search
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:25pm On Nov 20, 2015
Fabjazz:
@wip7

Please sir, help me confirm my admission...

Application No:- U1513530
Passport No:- A50140240

Best Regards

Kindly email the EMU registrar for verification of admission or acceptance letter.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (356)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.