Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (254) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (770534 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:31am On Oct 31, 2016
adesbaba:
OGA WIP7 ..sir am considering undergraduate admission in CHEMICAL/PETROLEUM ENGINEERING from a cheap university in Cyprus...and i will prefer the one that has less admission requirement or documents cos my secondary skul is a troublesome one and dey may not av time for me......Tanx sir

There just two Universities that offers the said programs:

Middle East Technical University (METU) the highly ranked university in Turkey with a campus in Cyprus offers both Chemical Engineering and Petroleum Engineering Program at an undergraduate level. The said University is highly strict, admit only academic responsive students with good grades mostly A, B and less C grades.

Near East Uni (NEU): Offers the program and with just 5 credits ( C grades) in related Olevel subjects you will be admitted here.
Re: North Cyprus by willjoe: 10:35am On Oct 31, 2016
wip7:

The undergraduate students spend 4-6 years depending on the programs. Hence, such student enrolled in any of the programs is entitled to be given residence permit according to the program year. The Master students get 2 years while the Doctoral students likely 5 years or more depending on the years spent for the program.

However, most district issue the permit yearly based on the registration status of the said student, meaning you may likely not be issued 4years permit at once, but you can get it each year till the program ends while Famagusta district may issue 2-years at once.

Why do you want to outsmart the program? It's illegal to go against set rule and regulations. I don't know how to outsmart such.

aint that bruh. I meant a legit way of extending residence permit even after studying
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 11:46am On Oct 31, 2016
My brother wants to apply for a university in north cyprus .. he is south africa .. He has not collected the result from Waec office yet .... he did gce .. Can he use the online result he got from the waec portal to apply for admission ..
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:49am On Oct 31, 2016
willjoe:
aint that bruh. I meant a legit way of extending residence permit even after studying

The extension of residence permit here is generally same as many other countries. After studies, the following permits can be secured and gives you residency status as well: get a full time job and obtain "work permit", buy property and obtain temporary residency for 2-3yrs and permanent after 5 yrs or marry a citizen or somebody that has legal stay even not a citizen.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:50am On Oct 31, 2016
elijah101:
My brother wants to apply for a university in north cyprus .. he is south africa .. He has not collected the result from Waec office yet .... he did gce .. Can he use the online result he got from the waec portal to apply for admission ..

Yes
Re: North Cyprus by elijah101(m): 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2016
Sir wip .. My bro will be 26 this november ... will he still be granted admission ..he already applied sha .
Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 1:13am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello wip7 and others, please I want to know if Form A is still issued to students for payment in Nigerian banks and any idea of the exchange rate applicable to Form A if it's still given. Thank you. Also I want to know if application has begun for winter intake at EMU.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:46am On Nov 02, 2016
elijah101:
Sir wip .. My bro will be 26 this november ... will he still be granted admission ..he already applied sha .

Since he had applied, let him wait for the decision. Depends on the university, EMU won't admit him if he is 26 years in November but others may admit him.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:50am On Nov 02, 2016
Damsonkc:
Hello wip7 and others, please I want to know if Form A is still issued to students for payment in Nigerian banks and any idea of the exchange rate applicable to Form A if it's still given. Thank you. Also I want to know if application has begun for winter intake at EMU.

Winter intake means September 2017... is that what you meant? If yes, then it has not started until 2017 April. If you meant Spring intake ( February entry), yes you can apply now.

About form M, you can make inquiries from Nigerian banks directly regarding the use and exchange rate.
Re: North Cyprus by goryorhal(m): 6:33am On Nov 02, 2016
wip7:

Winter intake means September 2017... is that what you meant? If yes, then it has not started until 2017 April. If you meant Spring intake ( February entry), yes you can apply now.

About form M, you can make inquiries from Nigerian banks directly regarding the use and exchange rate.

Good morning..
Kindly check your inbox please. sent you some doc.
Thanks
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
goryorhal:

Good morning..
Kindly check your inbox please. sent you some doc. Thanks

Received.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 3:53pm On Nov 02, 2016
@oga wip7 I sent you a mail this morning. my result and transcript. hope you see them
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:49pm On Nov 02, 2016
taiwo92:
@oga wip7 I sent you a mail this morning. my result and transcript. hope you see them

received.
Re: North Cyprus by waynee2baba: 10:44pm On Nov 02, 2016
@wip7 Hi bruv, my friends who are brothers recently got admitted to study Chemical Engineering in METU NCC with 25% and 75% scholarship and were given conditional letters.
I want to ask if a METU English proficiency exam and a Mathematics Proficiency exam would be waived for them since they're Nigerian applicants.
However, they also have two English proficiency results which include; TOEFL and IELTS.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:21am On Nov 03, 2016
waynee2baba:
@wip7 Hi bruv, my friends who are brothers recently got admitted to study Chemical Engineering in METU NCC with 25% and 75% scholarship and where given conditional letters.
I want to ask if a METU English proficiency exam and a Mathematics Proficiency exam would be waived for them since they're Nigerian applicants.
However, they also have two English proficiency results which include; TOEFL and IELTS.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards.

Hi,

During the application, the students should have included their TOFEL results and IELTS as there are columns for that. Anyway, on arrival they can present those ENGLISH results to them. Since METU is a technical university that believes in selecting academically sound applicants for its engineering program, then all students admitted for ENGINEERING at METU MUST take the MATH PROFICIENCY EXAMS and if they don't pass they will be sent to social sciences program.

After your friends make the initial payment of fees and accommodation, some materials and info related to the math exams will be sent to them by METU.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:54am On Nov 04, 2016
Application for Spring 2017 (February) is now open at METU North Cyprus CAMPUS!

25%, 50%, 75% & 100% scholarship opportunities are awarded to the bright & the brightest applicants. If you are interested let me know and visit the university webpages for additional info.

Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 2:48pm On Nov 07, 2016
Good afternoon guys,please is there anybody applying to emu for graduate studies this nov.pls kindly reply asap
Re: North Cyprus by classichsy(m): 10:00am On Nov 09, 2016
Hello MzV. I have sent PM to you severally but no response. How wuz your trip to canberra? I wish you the best of luck. I wish I can write you directly. However. Did you apply to canberra college directly? How much is the application fee and how much tution fee did you deposit? Hear from you soonest.
Re: North Cyprus by classichsy(m): 10:05am On Nov 09, 2016
veeokafor:
Pls is is possible to book one way ticket for turkish airline. Kos I was told I will have a problem if I do dt in north cyprus. Pls is dis true?..lookin forward to ur reply

Hello MzV. I have sent PM to you severally but no response. How wuz your trip to canberra? I wish you the best of luck. I wish I can write you directly. However. Did you apply to canberra college directly? How much is the application fee and how much tution fee did you deposit? Hear from you soonest.
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 11:01am On Nov 09, 2016
Sir wip7 Please I will like to enquire? If I want to visit turkey as tourist in as much as I have my student residence.I wish to visit my uncle during this coming break.How do I go about it and how expensive it is to visit turkey from northen cyprus??
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2016
wizdavee:
Sir wip7 Please I will like to enquire? If I want to visit turkey as tourist in as much as I have my student residence.I wish to visit my uncle during this coming break.How do I go about it and how expensive it is to visit turkey from northen cyprus??

To visit Turkey as a student in TRNC. You will need to fill the Turkish pre-visa form online, and during the filling, you will state the purpose of your trip and the documents you need will be shown to you online. Then secure an appointment for the visa, go to the Turkish embassy in lefkosa with the pre-visa forms and requested documents. Then wait for the outcome of your visa application.

The major documents you will require are a police report, police entry/exit clearance from TRNC, student letter/student certificate, sponsor details, flight details and invitation details or details about your uncle. The visa fee is less than 100usd for entry visa depending on type and duration (single or multiple).

Flight depends on travelling period but airlines like Pegasus, AtlasJET and Onur are cheaper than Turkish airline, and one way can range between 60TL to 400TL depending on season and time of travelling. The cheapest flight are those in the very early morn or late nites.
In summary with flight and documentation and visa fees should range 600-1500TL.
Re: North Cyprus by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hi please can I ask how much will it cost for medical school and cheap University and how to enroll
Re: North Cyprus by wizdavee: 6:17pm On Nov 10, 2016
Thanks for the information sir.Infact I thank God I asked you because some student already said I don't need a visa to visit turkey in as much as I have my student permit since north cyprus is runed by turkey.Also sir! with all the requirements and documentation you stated hope getting the visa won't be hard again so that I wouldn't just waste my fund? why all that requirements for tourist
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 7:32am On Nov 17, 2016
February (Spring) 2017 Admission Opens now in EMU

Admission process for Spring entry (Feb, 2017) is now open at Eastern Mediterranean University. Visit the University website to learn more and to apply. Send me the O level result, international passport page and photograph for undergraduate applicants. The graduate applicants will require university transcript. The earlier the best!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2016
You can Apply to METU for Spring 2017 now!

METU is the 2nd ranked University in Turkey with state of the art facilities offering Campus in TRNC with cutting edge research. The university only admits academically sound applicants. You can visit the website and to benefit from the application fee waivers, kindly send me your documents.

Re: North Cyprus by Damsonkc(m): 11:53am On Nov 19, 2016
wip7:
February (Spring) 2017 Admission Opens now in EMU

Admission process for Spring entry (Feb, 2017) is now open at Eastern Mediterranean University. Visit the University website to learn more and to apply. Send me the O level result, international passport page and photograph for undergraduate applicants. The graduate applicants will require university transcript. The earlier the best!

Dear Mr. Wip, I sent you an email. This is Mr. Damson Chibuzo. Please tell me when you receive it.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:04pm On Nov 19, 2016
Damsonkc:

Dear Mr. Wip, I sent you an email. This is Mr. Damson Chibuzo. Please tell me when you receive it.

Received. Shall renew it!
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 7:26am On Nov 23, 2016
Been very busy with lots of things but am back now.. ask what ever questions you have concerning studying in North Cyprus.
Re: North Cyprus by taiwo92(m): 10:25am On Nov 23, 2016
what if I send a transcript address to another school before. am going for masters degree civil engineering. is there any scholarship opportunity.
Re: North Cyprus by godsong(f): 12:38pm On Nov 23, 2016
taiwo92:
what if I send a transcript address to another school before. am going for masters degree civil engineering. is there any scholarship opportunity.
you mean if your transcript is addressed to another school? If that's the case, you don't have a problem.. send the documents you can get more than 50% scholarship depending on your grades.

(1) (2) (3) ... (251) (252) (253) (254) (255) (256) (257) ... (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.