Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,478 members, 7,826,804 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

North Cyprus - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / North Cyprus (771397 Views)

Reasons Not To Go To North Cyprus To Study And Work. / Diary Of An International Student, North Cyprus (thread Reopened) / About To Fly To North Cyprus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (Go Down)

Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 1:29pm On Jul 07, 2020
Agency or agent ..pls be honest with students ...about stuff ..especially how things work abroad.......make them understand whatever is going on ....if na cus of money una no Wan open up ...water wey person go drink no go pass am o.
Re: North Cyprus by Anaweokhai(m): 6:17am On Jul 08, 2020
Guys is it true Cyprus is not yet open for Nigerian
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 8:03am On Jul 08, 2020
Anaweokhai:
Guys is it true Cyprus is not yet open for Nigerian

New semester starts in September, no students irrespective of nationality can come to Cyprus this period even if no Corona considering the fact that student can only be registered during the entry period this way such student can get the residency permits.

So it’s too early for any student to come to Cyprus now. Students often starts to arrive from end of August.

Due to this pandemic; Immigration is yet to pass conditions or rule to any university as to when students are allowed into the country or if any student will be allowed this year.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 9:08am On Jul 08, 2020
wip7:

New semester starts in September, no students irrespective of nationality can come to Cyprus this period even if no Corona considering the fact that student can only be registered during the entry period this way such student can get the residency permits.

So it’s too early for any student to come to Cyprus now. Students often starts to arrive from end of August.

Due to this pandemic; Immigration is yet to pass conditions or rule to any university as to when students are allowed into the country or if any student will be allowed this year.
......there are rules already though ...but they might add to it or remove from it .....check out voiscyprus on instagram. .they r fully updated....
Re: North Cyprus by Winifred2015(f): 9:38am On Jul 08, 2020
wip7:

So should one go ahead to apply or wait till after the immigration gives a go ahead
Re: North Cyprus by jidoex66(m): 9:47am On Jul 08, 2020
Winifred2015:

It was a typo lol �

But I read somewhere that one would be asked to qurantine for 14 days?
These are People with permit/tourist not new students, resumption for new session is still September and you are not expected to come in now even if you got an adminsion already, so you can get your adminsion down and hopefully fly in then , the rules for new students to enter then would be updated probably before resumption dates
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:16am On Jul 08, 2020
haroldwilly780:
......there are rules already though ...but they might add to it or remove from it .....check out voiscyprus on instagram. .they r fully updated....

I don’t need to check the VoisCyprus regarding the arrival of new or old students to Cyprus. I have known the rules/policy/regulations for more than 13 years and I am part of the university promotional team that relate with the ministry of education directly...also I have direct access to voiscyprus..the top echelon is part and parcel of my former PHD STUDENT.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2020
Winifred2015:

So should one go ahead to apply or wait till after the immigration gives a go ahead

Admission is opened since April in almost all the universities in Cyprus and you can apply. Many students have made the payment as well.

Applying for admission and travelling to Cyprus as a new student are two different things. The entire universities will have meetings with the ministry of education, immigration and Turkish representative towards the end of July or early August to make a decision on the possibility of the arrival of the newly admitted students.

Those students that are admitted and paid fees, if eventually are not able to resume in Sept 2020, the university is looking at ways to allow them to start the semester online from wherever they are and those will be able to come another semester when there is full control on the Pandemic. This is consistent with other countries like Canada and many others.

So if you wish to apply, please go ahead........normally, Freshman student often arrives from late August so no need to rush and disturb yourself.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 11:15am On Jul 08, 2020
EMU 2019 - 2020 Spring Semester Online Post-graduate Graduation Ceremony Announcement

The post-graduate graduation will be broadcasted online and can be viewed by all......

Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 6:09am On Jul 09, 2020
FoR turkish embassy to open there portal for applications. .definitely they Ave intentions for new students to fly in . ..hopefully. ..let's wait and see..

Re: North Cyprus by amleroy(m): 10:49am On Jul 09, 2020
Application for September 2020 intakes. grin
We officially represent universities in North Cyprus, South Cyprus & Turkey.

Our Application|Processing for North Cyprus and Turkey is 100% FREE (just send required documents)

Passport data page, Passport photo, WAEC/NECO Result and BSc transcripts & Certificate ( for masters only )

You can always visit our office in Lagos, Nigeria too

Contact on signature

Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please has the pandemic affected the tution fee if yes has it increased or decreased and what is the cheapest tution fee
Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2020
And please what are the chances of getting a scholarship. Can a person get 100% scholarship
Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 8:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please Mr wip I don’t understand this 2000 dollars what is it for

Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2020
Please @wip I don’t understand what this 2000$ is about

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2020
Mahmuday123:
Please @wip I don’t understand what this 2000$ is about

That’s the registration fee payment if the students get 100% scholarship and is currently 200$ per semester as stated there and can change anytime.

Take note: applicants awarded 100% scholarship for undergraduate studies often have remarkably high Olevel result (large number of A grades in relevant subjects), other high academic/extracurricular records and sometimes with very high SAT/TOEFL. Also; each university do have country quota for it per year.
Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 11:26pm On Jul 10, 2020
wip7:

That’s the registration fee payment if the students get 100% scholarship and is currently 200$ per semester as stated there and can change anytime.

Take note: applicants awarded 100% scholarship for undergraduate studies often have remarkably high Olevel result (large number of A grades in relevant subjects), other high academic/extracurricular records and sometimes with very high SAT/TOEFL. Also; each university do have country quota for it per year.
tnx
Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 11:27pm On Jul 10, 2020
Guys please can 1200% be enough for accommodation in North Cyprus preferably a room with two people
Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 11:45am On Jul 11, 2020
I mean 1200$
Re: North Cyprus by arafat95: 1:26pm On Jul 11, 2020
Please guys, if someone pay into the school account, like how many days will it take for the school to see the money?.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 1:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
arafat95:
Please guys, if someone pay into the school account, like how many days will it take for the school to see the money?.

No direct or authoritative answer to this type of question since many variables are involved especially if the money is paid from overseas.
I have seen cases of just 2-5 days and I have seen cases of more than 2 months and cases where the money never reflected over several months.....

If paid within the same country within 2 days the local bank often update the university...

Direct this question to the account office of the specific university if you transfer the money directly yourself.
Re: North Cyprus by arafat95: 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks professor Wip, though I have sent the evidence of payment to the school, the money was paid to the school account from the United States yesterday.

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 3:02pm On Jul 11, 2020
arafat95:
Thanks professor Wip, though I have sent the evidence of payment to the school, the money was paid to the school account from the United States yesterday.

From my personal experience, it takes 12-72hrs from USA for the money to reflect in TRNC banks because there often no correspondent/intermediary banks ......wait for the university to update you!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by arafat95: 3:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
Thanks professor wip

1 Like

Re: North Cyprus by Mahmuday123: 4:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
Please How many months does the summer holiday takes
Re: North Cyprus by haroldwilly780: 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2020
wip7:

From my personal experience, it takes 12-72hrs from USA for the money to reflect in TRNC banks because there often no correspondent/intermediary banks ......wait for the university to update you!
.....what about UBA bank in nigeria ...?do you have any idea of how many days it will take??
Re: North Cyprus by justwise(m): 5:58pm On Jul 11, 2020
@wip7

I think you need to open another part of this thread but free ad will not be allowed, in other threads in this section ad is completely not allowed but this thread has gone against this rule for yrs now.
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:23pm On Jul 11, 2020
justwise:
@wip7

I think you need to open another part of this thread but free ad will not be allowed, in other threads in this section ad is completely not allowed but this thread has gone against this rule for yrs now.

@Justwise

Longest time, am sure you are good.

I will do as suggested ...I tried to weed out mobile numbers and other related ads on this particular thread..I will open a new ad-free thread on this title..

Thanks man!
Re: North Cyprus by wip7: 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
haroldwilly780:
.....what about UBA bank in nigeria ...?do you have any idea of how many days it will take??

Nigerian banks if no issues often generate telex copies 2-7 days and goes through intermediary banks majorly in USA for dollar deposit. If all parameters are okay; 3-10 days UBA should arrive.

Meanwhile; I made payment via my company account based with Access bank 3 days ago for a tuition fee of 2200$ to Cyprus, it’s took 48 hrs and in total 65$ charges including beneficiary and transfer charges.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: North Cyprus by teewest100: 1:39am On Jul 12, 2020
Hello sir, I really appreciate your work for we the youth may God bless you and your family, please I have applied for the CIU and also paid the £1000, but my question is, is it must to have visa before travelling or I can travel as a student without visa sir, kindly your deep explanation is needed. Thanks God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 14 / Securing Visa To France, Applying From Nigeria...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.