Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,484 members, 7,830,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling (2905 Views)

Freedom From Religion Is The Best Thing Ever / I Have Started Hating God This Days, I Think Religion Is A Scam / Religion Is Very Important And I'm Not Atheist - Mark Zuckerberg, Fbk Founder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by akintom(m): 12:11pm On Dec 13, 2016
It's a season of excitement for the atheists world over, as they behold the continuous crumbling of the religious wall that has caged humanity in idiocy, hate, malice, racism, primitiveness, terrorism, patricide, genocide, time and money waste etc.

Just like the legendary fall of the wall of Jericho, the atheists have been matching round the wall of religion, armed with the sword of physical science, spear of reasons and empiricism, and recently, with the trumpet of ICT.

The projection of atheism via the sounding of reason through ICT, has dealt the final Missile against religious wall, and it's fast tumbling down, across the globe.

Not too long ago, a cartoonist in Denmark caressed one the characters of the Abrahamic religion, some folks in northern Nigeria went murderous.

But now worst depiction of religious characters litters the virtual spaces, even from dominantly religious nations, no human beings is harassed or attacked. What happens now, are isolated cases of religious extremism.

This shows the quest of atheism, via secularism is permeating the world. The religious footholds are been demolished across the world.

A bishop will think twice now, before he slaps or assault an innocent girl, in the name of delusionary and false allegations of being a witch.

Most of the witch-hunting pasto-herbalist, are now vetted before they can preach in western nations. It's an offense to victimize or accuse children and women as witches in those places.

Some of these witch-hunters no longer find this nations attractive for spread of their superstitions. And when they are compelled to go, they have nothing useful to say.

..... Wall of religion is falling

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by hopefulLandlord: 12:29pm On Dec 13, 2016
religion is not bad...or good for that matter.

Religion is a neutral tool, incapable of being good or bad. It is completely amoral - incapable of knowing or being right or wrong in and of itself.

It is the humans who engage in religion that inform the character of the religion....and that is, unfortunately, mostly "bad"...evil even. Coercion, abuse, hatred(and the creation of the concept of "sin" to displace that hatred onto a silent party)...and all under a false veneer of piety and "love".

Hell, even the "good" done in the name of religion comes with an undertone of hypocritical coercion (ie, we will help you IF you follow us and/or obey our rules) and a lot of self-congratulatory "look at how good WE are" narcissism and arrogance.
Not all that much different from any group of people really...gain power, use power to control others, rinse and repeat etc ad nauseam.

the religious also shield their ideas from every criticism by their feigning persecution

Take a simple criticism like that of prayer:
If you bring it up when people are praying after a tragedy, you'll be written off as insensitive by many.

If you bring it up when people are simply praying to avoid something tragic occurring, you'll get a similar response

If you bring it up when people just make a simple prayer, you're an asshole for criticizing someone who is simply praying and not hurting anyone.

If you bring it up when something actually happens because people tried to depend on the power of prayer, you'll be written off for trying to exploit a tragedy once again, and be reminded that not all prayer ends in harm.

If you simply bring it up on your own, people will complain about why you're bringing it up at all, as religion is not something to be brought up in polite company

If you even tell people you're an atheist at times that's seen as going too far.

So we're frequently in a peculiar situation where you're expected to avoid challenging religion in every circumstance from idle chit chat to directly responding to religious beliefs directly contributing to someone's death. They don't want it brought up over anything trivial; they don't want it brought up over anything serious; they don't want it brought up at all. The idea that the topic is just being avoided during special circumstances is pure fiction. It's just easier for some people to make the complaint during a tragedy or trivial issue then at other times, but it is always being made.

this "shut up and obey" tactics is the issue with religion

I don't agree that religion is going away anytime soon because of the power in indoctrination

its very powerful, too powerful

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by RabbaRabbi: 12:39pm On Dec 13, 2016
I never wasted my time reading this.
loads upon loads of crap angry
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by hopefulLandlord: 12:40pm On Dec 13, 2016
RabbaRabbi:
I never wasted my time reading this.
loads upon loads of crap angry

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by akintom(m): 12:49pm On Dec 13, 2016
Whatever is left of religious rituals now, are mere social ceremonies.

A look at most of the religious centers today revealed the following:

* dress sense that competes with red carpet event, club house and jamboree.

* comedy show draws attendance now. Even when such comedy ridicules religion, it doesn't matter anymore.

* business seminars, leadership talks, and financial empowerment lectures are regular features. Atheists are sometimes resource person.

* fetish materials (oil, water, emblematic white cloth, arm band etc) are offered like traditional religionist. Herbalist and witch doctors are now comfortable in churches.

* divination and Oracle consultation has gone ICT. No more dirty shrines and effigy.

All these are effectively reducing religion to social concepts, as against some mysterious concept that hurts human good and prosperity.

This is the the meaning of the religious wall that's falling.....

1 Like

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Deicide: 1:00pm On Dec 13, 2016
Nice one op..
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by RabbaRabbi: 1:10pm On Dec 13, 2016

2 Likes

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Deicide: 1:12pm On Dec 13, 2016
RabbaRabbi:
The thread isn't suppose to make sense to You and by the way what happened to your Other account?
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by RabbaRabbi: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2016
Deicide:

The thread isn't suppose to make sense to You and by the way what happened to your Other account?

which other account, bro? undecided
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by wahles(m): 2:14pm On Dec 13, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
religion is not bad...or good for that matter.

Religion is a neutral tool, incapable of being good or bad. It is completely amoral - incapable of knowing or being right or wrong in and of itself.

It is the humans who engage in religion that inform the character of the religion....and that is, unfortunately, mostly "bad"...evil even. Coercion, abuse, hatred(and the creation of the concept of "sin" to displace that hatred onto a silent party)...and all under a false veneer of piety and "love".

Hell, even the "good" done in the name of religion comes with an undertone of hypocritical coercion (ie, we will help you IF you follow us and/or obey our rules) and a lot of self-congratulatory "look at how good WE are" narcissism and arrogance.
Not all that much different from any group of people really...gain power, use power to control others, rinse and repeat etc ad nauseam.

the religious also shield their ideas from every criticism by their feigning persecution

Take a simple criticism like that of prayer:
If you bring it up when people are praying after a tragedy, you'll be written off as insensitive by many.

If you bring it up when people are simply praying to avoid something tragic occurring, you'll get a similar response

If you bring it up when people just make a simple prayer, you're an asshole for criticizing someone who is simply praying and not hurting anyone.

If you bring it up when something actually happens because people tried to depend on the power of prayer, you'll be written off for trying to exploit a tragedy once again, and be reminded that not all prayer ends in harm.

If you simply bring it up on your own, people will complain about why you're bringing it up at all, as religion is not something to be brought up in polite company

If you even tell people you're an atheist at times that's seen as going too far.

So we're frequently in a peculiar situation where you're expected to avoid challenging religion in every circumstance from idle chit chat to directly responding to religious beliefs directly contributing to someone's death. They don't want it brought up over anything trivial; they don't want it brought up over anything serious; they don't want it brought up at all. The idea that the topic is just being avoided during special circumstances is pure fiction. It's just easier for some people to make the complaint during a tragedy or trivial issue then at other times, but it is always being made.

this "shut up and obey" tactics is the issue with religion

I don't agree that religion is going away anytime soon because of the power in indoctrination

its very powerful, too powerful
i prefer these to d OPs Version#
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Niflheim(m): 8:13pm On Dec 19, 2016
@Akintom,

What?!!! So the philosophy of "eating torn pant" and "drinking petrol like demented Okada tricycle" is dying gradually in Africa?!!! Hooray!!!

2 Likes

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Deicide: 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2016
Niflheim:
@Akintom,

What?!!! So the philosophy of "eating torn pant" and "drinking petrol like demented Okada tricycle" is dying gradually in Africa?!!! Hooray!!!
And eating of grass

2 Likes

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by hopefulLandlord: 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2016
Niflheim:
@Akintom,

and giving 10% of your income to a man in suit who'll then use it to buy and maintain his private jet(s)

1 Like

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by akintom(m): 6:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

and giving 10% of your income to a man in suit who'll then use it to buy and maintain his private jet(s)

You guys have done serious and irreparable damage, to the kingdom of the Jewish doG.

Its children here are obviously overwhelmed, and are greatly despair and broken. I really feel their frustration and helplessness.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by jonbellion(m): 6:28pm On Dec 20, 2016
And calling people who don't believe in your stupid Judeo Christian religion demon possessed
I'm sure anas09 is nearby
And also threaten them with eternal punishment
That one always gets them

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Anas09: 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
jonbellion:
And calling people who don't believe in your stupid Judeo Christian religion demon possessed
I'm sure anas09 is nearby
And also threaten them with eternal punishment
That one always gets them
Guy, dont get too use to me. Get a life.

This is what happens when money is stolen from the congregation to give the Pastors children the best, when the congregants are crying. The Pastor's kids turn out useless and on drugs. Their parents neglect them but act holier than thou over others youths in church, while their kids curse them behind their backs.

Go tell your Dad that his God is stupid. Its that God's money that sent you to school to empower you to type here. It's that God's money that put that smart phone in your hand, it's that God's money your dad is still stealing to give you a good life, while people are hungry everywhere. God is not asleep.

The way He punished Elis house, thats the way you will be punished.

Thank you for calling your Dad stupid, for serving a stupid God. embarassed embarassed embarassed.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by jonbellion(m): 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:

Guy, dont take too use to me. Get a life.
lmao who said I was undecided
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by hopefulLandlord: 6:32pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:
Guy, dont take too use to me. Get a life.
don't take too use to this grammar

1 Like

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by akintom(m): 6:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

He will tell you that he was speaking in angelic tongue.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by hopefulLandlord: 6:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
akintom:

You guys have done serious and irreparable damage, to the kingdom of the Jewish doG.

Its children here are obviously overwhelmed, and are greatly despair and broken. I really feel their frustration and helplessness.

we owe it to the next generation

we want our children and their children to question everything, to hear something and say to themselves "Hmmm this sounds dumb, I'm not buying that but let me google it first and see if its true, see arguments for and against then make my stand on it"

2 Likes

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by jonbellion(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

lol I saw it too
I didn't want to be mean grin
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Anas09: 6:44pm On Dec 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

Mistake. Wanted to.type 'Get too use to'.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Anas09: 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
jonbellion:
I have given you too much attention already. You don't deserve it. Now, go shoot up some dope.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Anas09: 6:52pm On Dec 20, 2016
akintom:
It's a season of excitement for the atheists world over, as they behold the continuous crumbling of the religious wall that has caged humanity in idiocy, hate, malice, racism, primitiveness, terrorism, patricide, genocide, time and money waste etc.

Just like the legendary fall of the wall of Jericho, the atheists have been matching round the wall of religion, armed with the sword of physical science, spear of reasons and empiricism, and recently, with the trumpet of ICT.

The projection of atheism via the sounding of reason through ICT, has dealt the final Missile against religious wall, and it's fast tumbling down, across the globe.

Not too long ago, a cartoonist in Denmark caressed one the characters of the Abrahamic religion, some folks in northern Nigeria went murderous.

But now worst depiction of religious characters litters the virtual spaces, even from dominantly religious nations, no human beings is harassed or attacked. What happens now, are isolated cases of religious extremism.

This shows the quest of atheism, via secularism is permeating the world. The religious footholds are been demolished across the world.

A bishop will think twice now, before he slaps or assault an innocent girl, in the name of delusionary and false allegations of being a witch.

Most of the witch-hunting pasto-herbalist, are now vetted before they can preach in western nations. It's an offense to victimize or accuse children and women as witches in those places.

Some of these witch-hunters no longer find this nations attractive for spread of their superstitions. And when they are compelled to go, they have nothing useful to say.

..... Wall of religion is falling
You wish.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Anas09: 6:55pm On Dec 20, 2016
jonbellion:
Does your Dad know you are gay?
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by akintom(m): 6:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
hopefulLandlord:

we owe it to the next generation

we want our children and their children to question everything, to hear something and say to themselves "Hmmm this sounds dumb, I'm not buying that but let me google it first and see if its true, see arguments for and against then make my stand on it"

This can't be said of folks who are anticipatorily excited that children will be burnt in hell.

They abhor kindness, liberty, equality, freedom and pursuit of happiness. They are so mean and horrific in their wishes and desires, towards humanity.
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by jonbellion(m): 7:03pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:

Guy, dont get too use to me. Get a life.

This is what happens when money is stolen from the congregation to give the Pastors children the best, when the congregants are crying. The Pastor's kids turn out useless and on drugs. Their parents neglect them but act holier than thou over others youths in church, while their kids curse them behind their backs.

Go tell your Dad that his God is stupid. Its that God's money that sent you to school to empower you to type here. It's that God's money that put that smart phone in your hand, it's that God's money your dad is still stealing to give you a good life, while people are hungry everywhere. God is not asleep.

The way He punished Elis house, thats the way you will be punished.

Thank you for calling your Dad stupid, for serving a stupid God. embarassed embarassed embarassed.

happy holidays to you too
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by jonbellion(m): 7:08pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anas09:

Does your Dad know you are gay?
I'm not gay
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by Deicide: 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
jonbellion:
I'm not gay
You must be gay because she says you are Gay...
Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by jonbellion(m): 7:24pm On Dec 20, 2016
Deicide:

You must be gay because she says you are Gay...
asin
So daft undecided

3 Likes

Re: Alas! The Wall Of Religion Is Falling by hopefulLandlord: 7:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
jonbellion:
happy holidays to you too
mature response

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria May Lose N8bn Yearly If TB Joshua Relocates To Israel – Fasehun / TB Joshua, The Synagogue And Conspiracies / The "Genetic Engineering" Of Genesis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.