Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest (28841 Views)

Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by eightsin(m): 7:55am On Dec 14, 2016
Are you serious? I was thinking these mofos would even stop it. So we have had 3 major increments this year : electricity, fuel and now data. Nigeria I greet una

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by 1zynnvn(m): 8:51am On Dec 14, 2016
ugolance:
The problem with Nigeria remains bribing! Shikena!!!

This people(National Assembly) are not rated at all... sets of nonsense, insensitive and cold-hearted like assassin's. Smh

Guy Fawkes not forks

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by MadamExcellency: 9:44am On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:

Either you are not in the know about the development as it regard to the saga or you are simply mischievous. The NCC is weighing in on the dispute in the sector where their is price war by the big firms. Just emerging the kind of service provided by glo in terms of speed and connectivity at 21k/MB. Let the price be given, let the quality of the service determine which provider to chose from to allow for fairness. The smiles, spectranet are still coming up, we should not kill them. If we allow them to die, glo and mtn will jack up their prices to maybe 120k/mb

Why not allow market forces determine price in a capitalist economy?

What happens to tax incentives, duty free imports for their systems? Why not allocate certain spectrum of 3g/4g network at lower price for local network providers?

Government that is reluctant to increase workers wages and invest in free wifi for educational institutions wants a hike in Data prices? This is appalling.

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by BlueRayDick: 11:05am On Dec 14, 2016
Yayi Olamilekan Solomon na u dey talk this kind mumu thing? No come Alimosho constituency again o, or else........

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by domdan13(m): 12:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by jayAjoku(m): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2016
them done drop money for their accounts i am fully convinced
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Agimor(m): 2:40pm On Dec 14, 2016
Mtn the back bone of this data hike has successfully exchange Ghana most go with these Criminators.

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Jokerman(m): 2:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
Its God that will punish them.... which stupid national interest??

Dey won't die better... i will go to NCC page and lay curses on them again..

Awon oloriburuku of Buhari demonic and clueless thieving government

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by exlinkleads(f): 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
ndi oshe
- make una come take

i do not why this kind of impunity is happening in Nigeria.

i feel like vomiting

i think they should start investing in 200 armed policemen in each of their mask. cuz is going down soonest.

una dey craze

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by notoriousbabe: 2:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
Na Seun and nairaland i pity most. Traffic go reduce pass anything. Make I see whether you go still dey ban few people wey fit manage buy data

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by notoriousbabe: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jokerman:
Its God that will punish them.... which stupid national interest??

Dey won't die better... i will go to NCC page and lay curses on them again..

Awon oloriburuku of Buhari demonic and clueless thieving government
e pain amgrin grin grin tongue

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by debuscket(m): 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Can the committee give us details let's reason/see with them how data hike is in the best interest of Nigerians. I think these men have been sorted

So so unfortunate

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by namelesss: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
But I came here to see the reason(s) why the increment is for the National interest.

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Jokerman(m): 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
notoriousbabe:
e pain amgrin grin grin tongue

Lol... come make we protest...
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by deleo16(m): 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
I know all that suspension is false they play on our intelligence make nairaland they expect drop in traffic too now money to chop food na him sure pass since MMM Don do mannequin challenge

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by NairaMaster1(m): 2:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
GeeOh:
wicked and insensitive govt,see pple wey dey rep us

It's our fault brother.

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
Not now most Nigerians are complaining over what befell them. This govt is just inflicting pains on injury. This is absolute wickedness !
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 14, 2016
I see...
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 14, 2016
ivandragon:

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/senate-okays-data-price-hike-says-ncc-acted-in-national-interest/175850.html#kuj8MVXQQeLPtSx4.99

The Committee, which visited the NCC headquarters in Abuja on Tuesday as part of it oversight functions, said Nigerians should see the commission as being on their side on the issue of data price increase.

HOW ON EARTH ARE NIGERIANS SUPPOSED TO FEEL THAT A COMMITTEE INCREASING DATA CHARGES CAN BE ON THEIR SIDE WHEN COST OF LIVING IS AT AN ALL-TYME HIGH; SALARIES THAT WEREN'T ADEQUATE ARE BEING OWED PLUS THE OUTLOOK FOR NAIJA's FUTURE IS VERY BLEAK

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by lonelydora: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
Can any good thing come out the senate? Na you be the judge
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by esosuo2: 2:50pm On Dec 14, 2016
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by notoriousbabe: 2:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jokerman:

Lol... come make we protest...
I do not live in Nigeria,I live in imo state

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Collinskeeper(m): 2:52pm On Dec 14, 2016
This is so unfair cry
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by JoeBlocks(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
So how is the NCC supporting the nigerian masses in this hogwash piece of thrash press release?

Isn't it time we rise up as a people and tell this camouflage thieves that we're no longer fools?

How does the nigerian masses paying more on data help ameliorate the current harsh economic reality that is eating them.

I wonder the manner of bullsh1t this idiot keep spewing. We should ask them if the data price increase will help the telecom providers provide faster and better telecom service.

Indeed, this government plan on getting on the nerves of the very people who voted them into office.

Nonsense.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by realbitez(m): 2:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
Money has changed hands as usual, am not surprised
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Jokerman(m): 2:54pm On Dec 14, 2016
notoriousbabe:
I do not live in Nigeria,I live in imo state

After giving us Buhari, u ran away to Owerri abi na Mbgidi abi??
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by notoriousbabe: 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
Jokerman:

After giving us Buhari, u ran away to Owerri abi na Mbgidi abi??
tongue tongue tongue
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by timilehin007(m): 2:55pm On Dec 14, 2016
id911:
Whatever this govt like they should do it cos I never expected any pro-masses policy from them. I can only feel pity for sai baba chanters who are now suffering and hungry like church rat

you are directly pointing fingers to me. am regretting I must confess
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by JoeBlocks(m): 2:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
tuale4u:
There is always two side to a coin. NCC is trying to promote small Nigeria Telecomm companies and protect them from big ones like MTN,Airtel, Etisalat and Glo.
Small nigerian telecom companies like which and which?

Please, give me names of this small nigerian telecom companies?
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by elmisti(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:

Either you are not in the know about the development as it regard to the saga or you are simply mischievous. The NCC is weighing in on the dispute in the sector where their is price war by the big firms. Just emerging the kind of service provided by glo in terms of speed and connectivity at 21k/MB. Let the price be given, let the quality of the service determine which provider to chose from to allow for fairness. The smiles, spectranet are still coming up, we should not kill them. If we allow them to die, glo and mtn will jack up their prices to maybe 120k/mb

Go to the mirror...am sure u ar ashamed of what you seing

All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Why You Should Always Have Airtime On Your Phone / Help: Why Is My Xender Is Not Connecting? I Have Done Everything I Could