Stats: 3,151,161 members, 7,811,352 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:58 AM

Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest (28844 Views)

Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
This is to teach Nigerians a lesson that there are only two classes, the masses and the polithiefians, for people that do takes sides,until we get this picture we will continue to let this people take advantage of our division to milk us dry,just when you think all this so called dishonorable members will be the last hope of the common Man, turns out that both the FG and legislooters are both less interested in the plight of the common man on the streets

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by oluwadeeboi(m): 2:57pm On Dec 14, 2016
I never expected anything good from the supposed Senate. They knew about it all from the onset. They only come out, act movie scripts for Nigerians, pretend they are protecting us and then go behind to fulfil their greed. Until we learn to unite and say no! things will never be good.

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by ibietela2(m): 2:58pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nancydearie:
May God help us al in this countryl, what sort of a government is this? They dont even care about the masses.

Sweetheart............. You are here
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by 1EmmyKay: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
This is why i always say its really unfortunate being a Nigerian

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Atiku2019: 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
remedick:
you can dream all you want you fool. Is it a crime for your age mate to become president? Keep collecting bribes and peanuts from these bastards and have your generation sunk into abyss.

Your likes are the problem of this country. Disgruntled simpleton!

Are you contesting too? grin grin
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by dixon400(m): 3:01pm On Dec 14, 2016
I really dunno the interest of the present government. Am really going to start a protest on IG. When I start y'all shld ff cos it ll require uploading videos...They ll soon understand the power of d youth when we r united.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by kinibigdeal(m): 3:04pm On Dec 14, 2016
Check the senate committee bank account?
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
Except for a RED revolution, nig. Is DOOMED!
I miss BRAVE-HEARTS like kaduna nzeogwu & co!..they would have reset the destines of this thieves in governance from top!
Tufiakwa!

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Banter1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
The only solution to this problem is for us the customers to go on strike by switching off our lines. #letsBoycottAllTheNetwork
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by bigpicture001: 3:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
...I insist,it is a political move,if dey ar truly sincere with level playing field for all businesses in an industry,y haven't dey tried to de- monopolize DSTV that is holding the entire country to ransome and effectively driven all its rivals outta biz.....shameless country,shameless senators!!!!

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 14, 2016
If this demonic govt. Is not timely checkmated, the common 'll pay per second to breathe!
Buhari is an un-repentant SADIST that must rot in hell!
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by edoziebobbyyahoocom(m): 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2016
useless people! Will they ever fight for us? What are those reasons that cannot be told to the masses? National interest my foot! Aren't we the nation.

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by bigpicture001: 3:16pm On Dec 14, 2016
MadamExcellency:

Why not allow market forces determine price in a capitalist economy?

What happens to tax incentives, duty free imports for their systems? Why not allocate certain spectrum of 3g/4g network at lower price for local network providers?

Government that is reluctant to increase workers wages and invest in free wifi for educational institutions wants a hike in Data prices? This is appalling.
...may God bless u broda,d NCC us fooling u ppl dat only a hike in prized by the big players in the telecoms industry will disuade d consumers from stick to them,hence it will give the new comers some market share with lower prices.like u rytly said,taxation adjustment for nu entrant can be a way to reduce their expenses and oda ways too.if dey dnt hv economist to think through solutions to pending problems,let them borrow from nairaland
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by idupaul: 3:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
tuale4u:
There is always two side to a coin. NCC is trying to promote small Nigeria Telecomm companies and protect them from big ones like MTN,Airtel, Etisalat and Glo.

And why should I pay for that? I dont remember sending any small company to set up when they know they cant compete

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by idupaul: 3:26pm On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:

Either you are not in the know about the development as it regard to the saga or you are simply mischievous. The NCC is weighing in on the dispute in the sector where their is price war by the big firms. Just emerging the kind of service provided by glo in terms of speed and connectivity at 21k/MB. Let the price be given, let the quality of the service determine which provider to chose from to allow for fairness. The smiles, spectranet are still coming up, we should not kill them. If we allow them to die, glo and mtn will jack up their prices to maybe 120k/mb

Please can you tell me why i should be the one to pay for smiles survival? Did I send them to set up shop? Was I the one that sold them expensive spectrum license? Why is the govt not giving them tax holidays instead so they can compete with far lower prices than the big telcos? Guy please use your head

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by bigmom: 3:32pm On Dec 14, 2016
stu....pid set of senators.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Ofeakwu(m): 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2016
they've been settled, there's no doubt about that
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by mengho(m): 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
Time 4 wailers, zombies, NCAN members & neutral Nigerians to Unite. This price hike will certainly affect you. it's time 4 REVOLUTION

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by RosaConsidine: 3:47pm On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:

Either you are not in the know about the development as it regard to the saga or you are simply mischievous. The NCC is weighing in on the dispute in the sector where their is price war by the big firms. Just emerging the kind of service provided by glo in terms of speed and connectivity at 21k/MB. Let the price be given, let the quality of the service determine which provider to chose from to allow for fairness. The smiles, spectranet are still coming up, we should not kill them. If we allow them to die, glo and mtn will jack up their prices to maybe 120k/mb

Are you daft? If the new entrants into the telecoms industry didn't do their research before starting out and knowing what they were getting into before starting operations, whose fault is that? Remember, by the time Etisalat came to Nigeria, MTN, Glo and Airtel were already mainstays. Did the NCC ask MTN and the rest to increase call and data rates so Etisalat could survive? No! Yet Etisalat not just survived, they are thriving as one of Nigeria's major telecoms firms. This rationale for increasing data costs is just completely daft and anti-people.

And it's not even as if these so called new entrants are offering cheaper data rates compared to the others. They are more expensive and they actually have their own market sef. You can't ask the average chukwudi, wasiu or abdul on the street to go and buy a 15,000 Smile mifi so this development is to whose benefit?

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by alphaeus212(m): 3:53pm On Dec 14, 2016
cry cry cry cry cry cry wen u give a stupid illiterate a country full of wise yahoo boys, comedians, musician and so many talents to lead dats how it turns, immaging ur aboki polishing your shoes come dey give u laws you too imagine the monkey on sit angry angry angry sad

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Ishilove: 4:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
ugolance:
The problem with Nigeria remains bribing! Shikena!!!

This people(National Assembly) are not rated at all... sets of nonsense, insensitive and cold-hearted like assassin's. Smh
Fawkes or Forks?
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2016
Make I do quick subscribe for data before they eventually hike it. grin
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Ishilove: 4:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
It is all lies. The Vice Chairman of the Senate Committee on Communications, Senator Solomon Adeola made this known in a publication on his personal website:

Senate Did Not Okay Data Price Hike

Our attention has been drawn to a publication with the misleading title “ Senate Okays Data Price Hike, says NCC Acted in national Interest” in a national daily insinuating that the Senate through its Committee on Communications sanctioned data price increase by telecommunications service providers during an oversight visit to the Nigerian Communication Commission.

There is no iota of truth in the misleading title as the contrary is the case from what the Vice chairman of the Committee Senator Solomon Adeola said in his presentation during the briefing by NCC Executive Vice Chairman, Professor Umaru Dambatta.

Senator Adeola while commending the NCC for its achievements in recent times stated that the action it took in suspending the proposed data hike following public outcry was in the national and peoples’ interest stressing that their prompt responses to Senate inquiries on the matter and other related issues and a promise to undertake further scientific study on the data hike issue was commendable.

As can be seen from the body of the story no where did the senator ‘okays’ the regulatory agency recommended “price floor” which was the issue that gave rise to the proposed data price hike that has since been suspended.
Signed:

Chief Kayode Odunaro
Media Adviser to Senator Solomon Adeola
13th December, 2016.

http://www.yayiadeola.ng/senate-did-not-okay-data-price-hike/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by banio: 4:13pm On Dec 14, 2016
They rode on social media propaganda to office, now they want to block Nigerians from assessing social media by hiking data price.

Evil Government
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Dare2Try(m): 4:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
Ghen Ghen in my friend fleterman voice "E don red o" anyway I never for once expect anything good from this present government
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Glokit(m): 4:24pm On Dec 14, 2016
Let them increase it. Im not even moved.

WELCOME BACK TO THE ERA OF CHEATS! MTN and co wil leave dis country at last!
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 14, 2016
Since when did making life harsh for Nigerians become a national interest? cool

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 5:06pm On Dec 14, 2016
ALMUSTAQIM:
THIS MUST BE A JOKE.

REVOLUTION MAY BE TRIGGERED

GOVT. SHOULD MAKE GOOD CORRECTION FAST FAST

GOD BLESS NIGERIA

I object to any kind of increase that would cause hardship on Nigerians.

But you are kidding about a revolution. We are too much of cowards to risk our lives and freedom over something relatively "inconsequential" like data hike.

If you had said petrol prices hike, I would have agreed, even that one happened and nothing really came out of it- notable exception being during GEJ's regime

PS - don't be surprised if all these manoeuvres aren't linked to TY Danjuma. He's rumored to own NTEL and we all know just how powerful he is.

@ RosaConsidine. ..nice comment! i totally agree

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Dansiki1: 5:07pm On Dec 14, 2016
modath:

I've always Tualed 4 U!! Pls let's keep it that way!! This your submission nor make am at all!! At all at all!! cool

We are known to copy US in everything!! When have you ever heard of FCC in America trying to snuff the lives out of the average Joes so the AT&Ts, Tmobile etc will stop "growing" exponentially so the likes of lycamobile, boss revolution can "catch up"!!!

This country!!! angry With this comment, I can confirm that you are either in States or used to live in States until recently.

P.S No one with a lick of sense is in dark about the sinators eagerness to see a reduction (if total stoppage is impossible)in the apako Nigerians nack them on the interweb!!!

Awon bunch of olosh!!! David Mark will be grinning somewhere!!
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by oonix(f): 5:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
tuale4u:
There is always two side to a coin. NCC is trying to promote small Nigeria Telecomm companies and protect them from big ones like MTN,Airtel, Etisalat and Glo.
at d expense of d masses?..no just make me vex o

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Fourwinds: 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2016
Nigeria Senators are useless set of people...they are good at camping small small girls in hotels.....

I knew they can never be on d side of d masses.....collecting bribe from telecom., oil and construction companies
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Wesely01(m): 5:41pm On Dec 14, 2016

All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Why You Should Always Have Airtime On Your Phone / Etisalat's N100 Data Plan For Nairaland

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52