Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:59 AM

Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest (28842 Views)

Isa Ali-Pantami Extends Deadline On Reduction Of Data Price / Nigeria Is Ready For 5G Says NCC / Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Ahmeduana(m): 5:51pm On Dec 14, 2016
tuale4u:
There is always two side to a coin. NCC is trying to promote small Nigeria Telecomm companies and protect them from big ones like MTN,Airtel, Etisalat and Glo.
AT EXPENSE OF WHO?
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 14, 2016
Seun, this is false information - I am friends with Senator Solomon Olamilekan Adeola on facebook. He pasted this in his timeline with a link to his personal website (http://www.yayiadeola.ng/senate-did-not-okay-data-price-hike/)

Our attention has been drawn to a publication with the misleading title “ Senate Okays Data Price Hike, says NCC Acted in national Interest” in a national daily insinuating that the Senate through its Committee on Communications sanctioned data price increase by telecommunications service providers during an oversight visit to the Nigerian Communication Commission.

There is no iota of truth in the misleading title as the contrary is the case from what the Vice chairman of the Committee Senator Solomon Adeola said in his presentation during the briefing by NCC Executive Vice Chairman, Professor Umaru Dambatta.

Senator Adeola while commending the NCC for its achievements in recent times stated that the action it took in suspending the proposed data hike following public outcry was in the national and peoples’ interest stressing that their prompt responses to Senate inquiries on the matter and other related issues and a promise to undertake further scientific study on the data hike issue was commendable.

As can be seen from the body of the story no where did the senator ‘okays’ the regulatory agency recommended “price floor” which was the issue that gave rise to the proposed data price hike that has since been suspended.
Signed:

Chief Kayode Odunaro
Media Adviser to Senator Solomon Adeola
13th December, 2016.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by TeddyPendergrass(m): 6:21pm On Dec 14, 2016
stop making noise there!

if MTN, Airtel and Etisalat with GLO data is too expensive, port to a newer network. The price hike does not affect them.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by olalekan1(m): 6:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:

Either you are not in the know about the development as it regard to the saga or you are simply mischievous. The NCC is weighing in on the dispute in the sector where their is price war by the big firms. Just emerging the kind of service provided by glo in terms of speed and connectivity at 21k/MB. Let the price be given, let the quality of the service determine which provider to chose from to allow for fairness. The smiles, spectranet are still coming up, we should not kill them. If we allow them to die, glo and mtn will jack up their prices to maybe 120k/mb
So you will now be using Spectranet or Swift on your phone abi? I can't just imagine how some people think. If what NCC is doing is to favour small operators then the small operators should let Nigerians know the package they have in stock, this will give Nigerians the assurance that there is alternative. We all need to reject this.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by EbolaParasite: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2016
modath:

I've always Tualed 4 U!! Pls let's keep it that way!! This your submission nor make am at all!! At all at all!! cool

We are known to copy US in everything!! When have you ever heard of FCC in America trying to snuff the lives out of the average Joes so the AT&Ts, Tmobile etc will stop "growing" exponentially so the likes of lycamobile, boss revolution can "catch up"!!!

This country!!! angry

P.S No one with a lick of sense is in dark about the sinators eagerness to see a reduction (if total stoppage is impossible)in the apako Nigerians nack them on the interweb!!!

Awon bunch of olosh!!! David Mark will be grinning somewhere!!

Remove Boss Revolution from that list. A calling card/app provider is not a telecom carrier.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 7:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
I don't blame those old blood sucking demons that call themselves Senate. Their hearts are harden and they have made it their duty to punish Nigerians. If not, could people who say they are representative of the people be so selfish that they care less about how Tue people they claim to represent feel? God!
I'm waiting for the day that house will collapse on them or fire will burn it down with them inside.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by jojothaiv(m): 7:30pm On Dec 14, 2016
Atiku2019:
Senator Solomon Olamilekan (Lagos West) who spoke on behalf of the committee members, said the NCC had taken some commendable steps to sanitize the telecom industry and the data price hike was one of them.

grin grin grin grin

Well 2019, we'll surely correct so many erroneous mistakes
i doubt am..

Na lie o, grin
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by JUHABACH: 9:05pm On Dec 14, 2016
muri4mig:

Either you are not in the know about the development as it regard to the saga or you are simply mischievous. The NCC is weighing in on the dispute in the sector where their is price war by the big firms. Just emerging the kind of service provided by glo in terms of speed and connectivity at 21k/MB. Let the price be given, let the quality of the service determine which provider to chose from to allow for fairness. The smiles, spectranet are still coming up, we should not kill them. If we allow them to die, glo and mtn will jack up their prices to maybe 120k/mb

terrible analysis.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by akoko11: 9:08pm On Dec 14, 2016
I don't think this our so called leaders are readers, if not they would have kept Wat Karl Marx said in back of their minds. According to Karl Marx, a time is coming where by d ruled will revolt against the ruler n take power from them, d ruled will take their destiny in their hands because they hv been pushed to d wall, they had lost faith in their ruler, they had been suffered for so long, they are in d state of parastotic distortion, he said though it may b delayed but it must SURELY come to pass.
Presently I see Nigeria moving in that direction, how can a responsible govt force untold hardship into her citizens, such as data hike which was vehemently rejected by all sundries, fuel price increase, duty stamp mention but a few.
Revolution is not far from here.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by adanny01(m): 9:28pm On Dec 14, 2016
tuale4u:
There is always two side to a coin. NCC is trying to promote small Nigeria Telecomm companies and protect them from big ones like MTN,Airtel, Etisalat and Glo.

This makes no sense. MTN gives me 1.5g for 1k while a small Nigeran coy gives me 500mb for 1k. NCC now ask MTN to stop giving me cheap data just to support the local coy and give me 500mb for 1k. So MTN will now make 3k from the same 1.5g they used to give me at 1k. What happens to the extra 2k MTN earns free of charge for service they have been offering far cheaper. Obviously, the senate has signed an agreement to extort Nigerians.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by lukency(m): 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2016
yeye senators
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Leader01(m): 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2016
The government/political class has declared a war against the poor.

The Senate initially suspended the hike in data price not for the interest of Nigerians but to negotiate their percentage. Is a pity we are in a country like this.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Decryptor(m): 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2016
id911:
Whatever this govt like they should do it cos I never expected any pro-masses policy from them. I can only feel pity for sai baba chanters who are now suffering and hungry like church rat

Like that brainless one from Benue State grin grin
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Afam1103(m): 10:46pm On Dec 14, 2016
swagagolic01:
with people like this around, Nigeria will keep sinking

Don't mind the idiot. How will this help small companies? If MTN charges 60k per KB and NCC requires small companies that don't hav the same reach as MTN to charge 60k per KB who will patronise them? When they know that MTN is in every state and the small company isnt?

The advantage the small companies had was competition. That they could charge less and attract more ppl. That's how spectranet stole most of smile's customers.

Buhari just wants to kill us before he leaves. God dey.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by precious1967(m): 11:03pm On Dec 14, 2016
d honourable thiefs ve got dre shares, na wa o.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Nobody: 11:12pm On Dec 14, 2016
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I don't blame those old blood sucking demons that call themselves Senate. Their hearts are harden and they have made it their duty to punish Nigerians. If not, could people who say they are representative of the people be so selfish that they care less about how Tue people they claim to represent feel? God!
I'm waiting for the day that house will collapse on them or fire will burn it down with them inside.
Hm! With iwe, ...........
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by immazion: 12:20am On Dec 15, 2016
those that voted GEJ out will dye
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by cucumbar: 2:47am On Dec 15, 2016
tobiasbeecher:

Abeg shut up as if you are not among the zombies that voted this ueseless govt in, now hunger don dey wire you and you no get money to buy data again... tongue cheesy
their eyes don dey clear small small.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by nortcentrallord(m): 3:26am On Dec 15, 2016
If Nigerians don't "occupy" nas and aso rock on this one then even if buhari shits on your heads, you guys will stay dumb.

I think some senators and rep members should be flogged on pelted with stones and if possible done away with as they go to their villages to celebrate the year end.

Sai chanji cheesy hahahahaha. Zombees, how far?
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by Kfed4ril(m): 11:18am On Dec 15, 2016
muri4mig:

Na total nonsense you just talk so.
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by investigator007: 11:51am On Dec 15, 2016
Please how does increase in data price = sanitizing the industry?
Re: Senate Okays Data Price Hike, Says NCC Acted In National Interest by precious1967(m): 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2016
Kfed4ril:

Na total nonsense you just talk so.
he might be one of d beneficiaries of d network, d legislators or 419. leave him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About 4G Network And The Phones That Support Them. / Why You Should Always Have Airtime On Your Phone / What I Noticed After Iphone Battery Replacement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.