Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,935 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa (20611 Views)

Senator Dino Melaye's Arrest: Nigerians React / Man Exhumes His Late Parents' Remains In Owerri Due To Road Expansion. Photos / Ndume: If Magu Could Be Rejected, Saraki Should Not Be Senate President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by idupaul: 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
Magu can no longer parade himself as EFCC boss because that it self would be a very corrupt practice
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Mandesz(m): 4:55pm On Dec 16, 2016
d best decision d senate has made so far. kudos 2 bukola n dino. MY OPINION O Tinubu don go hide after godfatherism fail nationally
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Nobody: 4:58pm On Dec 16, 2016
alcmene:
This man is on the verge of overtaking Gani Fawahimi

Magu can no longer parade himself as chairman otherwise he's subject to arrest for impersonation.

This is the Nigerian Senate we can be proud of... Well done Saraki and the other Senators for stopping this crooked policeman that was sacked by Farida Waziri

Your post depict you as a teenager, naive and an empty barrel
Obviously you are not a lawyer and knows nothing about law

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by omagxii: 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
EFCC should go and arrest that yeye MMM Sergie.
Just see the hilarious video made by a Nairalander about him.
Wonders shall never end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4hc10ZuMF4
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by paulo220(m): 4:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
Good for him
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Omeokachie: 5:00pm On Dec 16, 2016
thunder74:

I used to respect him

The stomach of the average nigerian elite matters alot to them.

I know of another prof whom I used to hold in very high esteem until one of his sons was compensated with the post of commissioner in one of the states, and since then this prof will defend the indefensible and now believes that all the persons he stood against in the past are no longer the problem.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by seunlly(m): 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
KingOvoramwen1:

MAGU!!!! ABI NA MALUU!!!

COMOT FOR THERE JOR angry

NIGERIANS ARE HYPOCRATES!!!
WE ARE ALL CORRUPT!!! DEEP DOWN YOU KNOW THIS!!!
CORRUPTION AND NIGERIA IS ONE AND THE SAME...

CORRUPTION IS SWEET!!!

I LOVE CORRUPTION!!
INFACT IT MAKES MY JOHNNY HAAAARD!!!!

CORRUPTION MAKES THINGS MOVE FASTER!!

I know u are just seeking attention.

Naughty kid. grin
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by asumo12: 5:02pm On Dec 16, 2016
DICKtator:

Said by Denzel Washington

grin grin grin grin

U a fan?

grin
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by dman4mdmoon(m): 5:04pm On Dec 16, 2016
bonechamberlain:
undecided , pls tell the dumb supporters, I wonder how such person was picked to be efcc chairman. A parochialcorrupt man fighting corruption, no one is talking of the dss report that indicted magu. U see hypocrites not mentioning anything about the report by dss they are busy insulting the Senate as if they were the ones that wrote the report, but they are quick to praise the dss on the judges raid.

Have they made public the report? Who has actually seen the said report? We need to see it and know how damning it is.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by eakenbor: 5:11pm On Dec 16, 2016
Corruption is fighting back using Nairaland as one of its numerous tools.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by transient123(m): 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
Nigeria I hail the, now every one is talking about dss report, I thought it is still daura dss as wailed by the wailers.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by TheFreeOne: 5:20pm On Dec 16, 2016
Omeokachie:

I know of another prof whom I used to hold in very high esteem until one of his sons was compensated with the post of commissioner in one of the states, and since then this prof will defend the indefensible and now believes that all the persons he stood against in the past are no longer the problem.

Prof. Kongi ...Wole S
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 5:24pm On Dec 16, 2016
alcmene:

Magu can no longer parade himself as chairman otherwise he's subject to arrest for impersonation.

This is the Nigerian Senate we can be proud of... Well done Saraki and the other Senators for stopping this crooked policeman that was sacked by Farida Waziri

Then a more strong man in Hamid Ali will be appointed. Magu should be made Custom Boss and Ali should head EFCC... He don't need any screen to be Custom boss lobatan.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 5:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Magu is a Buhari's puppet

Hamed Ali should take over.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by kinibigdeal(m): 5:30pm On Dec 16, 2016
Zahra Buhari will be better
bashydemy:

Hamed Ali should take over.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
sanandreas:
Magu must go. He is Buhari puppet. He should go back to road block. Once any politician criticise the government Magu would be launched to attack. Why was FFK arrested repeatedly?

Who will be appointed will be more deadlier than him..
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by ajawara(m): 5:31pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:
grin grin grin grin!!! Serve Buhari right
When Jagaban was trying to remove the Saboteur(Saraki)they were calling for his head
Now all Buhari's appointment,SGF,Ministers,EFCC chairman are under fire from the senate (i read somewhere Senate are debating on bill to fire non performing ministers).They are even stripping Buhari off his powers when he is alive
Buhari need jagaban! and he must take a very deadly step to remove Saraki by force through CCB
Otherwise APC government will not know peace till 2019
Jagaban is soothsayer! he is able to foresee what will happen tommorow
The major obstacle to this government is Saraki and he must be destroyed before its too late
Promoters of god fatherism. Keep on promoting evil.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Bhuldoxxa(m): 5:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
kinibigdeal:

Na by force to write correct English?
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by slivertongue: 5:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
alcmene:
Activist lawyer, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa, has faulted the argument that the Acting Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu can continue in acting capacity despite being rejected by the Senate as substantive chairman of the anti-graft agency, stating that the anti-graft agency is too sensitive to be headed by a rejected candidate.

Speaking in a statement forwarded to DAILY POST on Friday, the Lagos lawyer reasoned that the December 14 rejection of Magu by the Senate means that the operations of the EFCC after the Upper Chamber’s decision will be deemed as illegal.

He warned that if the acting EFCC chairman continues in office as acting chairman after Thursday’s development, it would give the impression that Magu has been appointed to do a hatchet job, stressing that his continued stay in office after the rejection would make the EFCC unable to institute court cases or arrest any citizen.

The issues raised in the report of the DSS in relation to Magu cannot be overlooked, as in similar or less weighty circumstances, the EFCC, under Magu, has preferred criminal charges against such suspects, followed with media blitz. After all, the reason that the Hon Just Ofili Ajumogobia is in court facing trial is for her inability to account for her lavish possessions. If an ex policeman is living in a luxurious N40m apartment and cruising in private jets, he should be put on trial in the dock, as he has done to others.

We cannot have such weighty allegations of corrupt enrichment hanging over a man who is to investigate and prosecute others.
Prior to Mr Magu’s appointment, a serious allegation of corruption was made against his predecessor in office, but we have never heard of any effort made by the EFCC since Magu took over, on that case.

Read more http://dailypost.ng/2016/12/16/efcc-cant-arrest-nigerians-file-court-cases-magu-remains-office-adegboruwa/?utm_source=snap_dp1&utm_medium=twitter

Point blank!!!!
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by hedonistic: 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
Omeokachie:

Well, unlike you, I am quite shameless about naming and shaming yeye people, and less charitable than you, too. As such, I am more than willing to name and shame Prof Wole Soyinka as the 'anywhere belle face' pseudo-intellectual who mortgaged his conscience and goodwill over a mess of tasteless amala and ewedu (worshipping Tinubu and the APC since he was placed on monthly stipends some years ago and had his son appointed a commissioner in Ogun State).

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by Bhuldoxxa(m): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Na by force to Write correct English?
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by ziccoit: 5:47pm On Dec 16, 2016
alcmene:

Ney, that's a big slap on the face of what Gani Fawehinmi of blessed memory represented while alive. This same man did not see anything wrong in series of wrongs and missteps that characterize the government of GEJ. I see him as a man that align himself based on primordial sentiments.

Pls, don't go there bros.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by hedonistic: 5:59pm On Dec 16, 2016
bashydemy:

Then a more strong man in Hamid Ali will be appointed. Magu should be made Custom Boss and Ali should head EFCC... He don't need any screen to be Custom boss lobatan.

Which Hamid Ali? The mumu that is doing anya ula in Customs HQ while business continues as usual? Lol. Ask the average Customs officer how far so you'll know. His unofficial title in informal conversations of most officers is Onuku, Didirin, Swegbe, Dundee and every imaginable variation of MUMU in different Nigerian languages! The dumb idiot knows nothing, and has even settled down to a life of hedonism and complacency... Enjoying the perks offered by his office while being bamboozled at every turn by the officers around him - since he doesn't understand the basic ABCs of how things work there...

You people need to wake up to the fact that these guys are as clueless and CORRUPT as everyone else. Nothing has changed between 1999 and 2016, except the main actors.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by LastSurvivor11: 6:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:
When Jagaban was trying to remove the Saboteur(Saraki)they were calling for his head
Now all Buhari's appointment,SGF,Ministers,EFCC chairman are under fire from the senate (i read somewhere Senate are debating on bill to fire non performing ministers).They are even stripping Buhari off his powers when he is alive
Buhari need jagaban! and he must take a very deadly step to remove Saraki by force through CCB
Otherwise APC government will not know peace till 2019
The major obstacle to this government is Saraki and he must be destroyed before its too late

I would have disowned u if u were my son.. so buhari need jagaban to cover corruption he "buhari and magu" are claiming to be fighting shocked
Irredeemable zombie..
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by charlesucheh(m): 6:28pm On Dec 16, 2016
Later, some IGNORAMUS will say the DSS is a tool used by Buhari to intimidate opposition! is MAGU on the opposition
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by VERDA: 6:36pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:
Otherwise APC government will not know peace till

Just re read what you wrote up there,is the issue about buhari's government remaining in power or about the good of the nation with or without buhari?,it is comments like urs that give our leaders the right to do whatever they like and feel they can get away with it,you very conveniently ignored the allegations against the magu guy,even the SSG babarchir was not spared,these are the questionable people ur saviour buhari is working with.Change indeed
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by VERDA: 6:37pm On Dec 16, 2016
bettercreature:
Otherwise APC government will not know peace till

Just re read what you wrote up there,is the issue about buhari's government remaining in power or about the good of the nation with or without buhari?,it is comments like urs that give our leaders the right to do whatever they like and feel they can get away with it,you very conveniently ignored the allegations against the magu guy,even the SSG babarchir was not spared,these are the questionable people ur saviour buhari is working with.Change indeed.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
kinibigdeal:
Zahra Buhari will be better

Continue wailing.
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by humannature7(m): 6:46pm On Dec 16, 2016
Are you really the one that sat and write the BARR examination by yourself??
Re: EFCC Can’t Arrest Nigerians If Magu Remains In Office – Adegboruwa by bashydemy(m): 6:49pm On Dec 16, 2016
hedonistic:

Which Hamid Ali? The mumu that is doing anya ula in Customs HQ while business continues as usual? Lol. Ask the average Customs officer how far so you'll know. His unofficial title in informal conversations of most officers is Onuku, Didirin, Swegbe, Dundee and every imaginable variation of MUMU in different Nigerian languages! The dumb idiot knows nothing, and has even settled down to a life of hedonism and complacency... Enjoying the perks offered by his office while being bamboozled at every turn by the officers around him - since he doesn't understand the basic ABCs of how things work there...

You people need to wake up to the fact that these guys are as clueless and CORRUPT as everyone else. Nothing has changed between 1999 and 2016, except the main actors.

When you done wailing and ranting you go swerve.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP To Recall Yakubu Dogara From House Of Reps / 2019: PDP Reconciliation Committee Led By Wike Meets With James Ibori (video) / I Didn’t Support Buhari, Fg’s Refusal To Release Dasuki, Malami Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.