Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,091 members, 7,835,673 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? (555 Views)

Resolved / Should I Tell Her To Wait For Me? / Will You Say Sorry To Your Partner Even Though Its Nt Your Fault? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by matil1011: 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2016
Please your contribution is needed for the topic.
Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by Sexxkillz: 7:54pm On Dec 17, 2016
How do you forgive someone who hasn't shown remorse? On what basis is the forgiveness on?

4 Likes

Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by greatgod2012(f): 7:55pm On Dec 17, 2016
THE POWER OF *I AM SORRY.*

*I am sorry,* a short but mighty sentence!

If you wish to live long, don't joke with this short sentence, *I am sorry.* Do you know how many people who had gone to early grave because they neglected the therapeutic power of *I am sorry.*

Most of the troubles in most homes are heightened because wives are too big to say *I am sorry* to their husbands and you can trust the ego of husbands in saying same to their wives.

Quarrel lingers between friends because no party wants to say *I am sorry* Each says or asks, why should I be the first to say *I am sorry?* He or she would beat his or her chest and utter the ego phrase, *a whole me!*

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the part of the world where saying *I am sorry* is a hard nut to crack while curses are easily unleashed.

Welcome to the part of the world where people refer to a person who says *I am sorry* in a midst of a rift as a *weaker sex*: one who is not man enough; one who is foolish.

Welcome to Africa where saying *I am sorry* is tougher than forcing a donkey to pass through a needle hole.

All of us are victims of this discussion. We have lost valuable assets, money and even lives because of this cheap and affordable sentence *I am sorry*. It simply cost only a breath of speech.

Have you ever wondered why domestic violence is less pronounced in the western world? It is simply because they understand the efficacy of *I am sorry*.

Husbands say it to their wives and even children whenever they err, wives and children do the same and life goes on fine.

Friends, this is simply a piece to encourage us to cultivate a habit of saying *I am sorry.* It is difficult but readily affordable.

Someone sent this to me on WhatsApp, and I think it's relevant in this thread, hence, my sharing it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by tripplephi: 8:01pm On Dec 17, 2016
FORGIVENESS RELEASES THE FORGIVER FROM THE BONDAGE OF BITTERNESS, ANGER AND REGRET

So you are doing yourself a GREAT FAVOUR if you forgive before they even ask you or show remorse..... ITS WISER TO BE STRONGER AND GIVE NO ONE THE POWER OVER YOUR EMOTIONS OR MIND. LET THEM GO AND STAY FREE.

UN-FORGIVENESS IS A SELF-MADE- PRISON
matil1011:
Please your contribution is needed for the topic.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by TheBossLadyK(f): 8:29pm On Dec 17, 2016
No
Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by varmint: 8:31pm On Dec 17, 2016
Short answer: No, sometimes yes.

Long answer: it doesn't matter who the person is, I don't always demand apologies but it becomes annoying when the person behaves in demeaning ways on multiple occasions and won't apologize. In my experience, it's common with women especially when you are in a relationship. I remember my ex not saying sorry but I never cared for the sorry but were I to do something so little as a wrong joke, she would take it so serious till I say sorry. Well, I'm not in those shoes anymore.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by greatwhite(m): 8:40pm On Dec 17, 2016
I'll say yes. You don't have to wait for her to be remorseful, before forgive. Because at the end of the day you would still have to forgive. Save yourself the head/heart aches. Just do it.

1 Like

Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by icybeth(m): 9:11pm On Dec 17, 2016
Seek u shall find,ask u shall b given and knock d door shall b open to u. Very simple
Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by matil1011: 9:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
greatgod2012:
THE POWER OF *I AM SORRY.*

*I am sorry,* a short but mighty sentence!

If you wish to live long, don't joke with this short sentence, *I am sorry.* Do you know how many people who had gone to early grave because they neglected the therapeutic power of *I am sorry.*

Most of the troubles in most homes are heightened because wives are too big to say *I am sorry* to their husbands and you can trust the ego of husbands in saying same to their wives.

Quarrel lingers between friends because no party wants to say *I am sorry* Each says or asks, why should I be the first to say *I am sorry?* He or she would beat his or her chest and utter the ego phrase, *a whole me!*

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the part of the world where saying *I am sorry* is a hard nut to crack while curses are easily unleashed.

Welcome to the part of the world where people refer to a person who says *I am sorry* in a midst of a rift as a *weaker sex*: one who is not man enough; one who is foolish.

Welcome to Africa where saying *I am sorry* is tougher than forcing a donkey to pass through a needle hole.

All of us are victims of this discussion. We have lost valuable assets, money and even lives because of this cheap and affordable sentence *I am sorry*. It simply cost only a breath of speech.

Have you ever wondered why domestic violence is less pronounced in the western world? It is simply because they understand the efficacy of *I am sorry*.

Husbands say it to their wives and even children whenever they err, wives and children do the same and life goes on fine.

Friends, this is simply a piece to encourage us to cultivate a habit of saying *I am sorry.* It is difficult but readily affordable.

Someone sent this to me on WhatsApp, and I think it's relevant in this thread, hence, my sharing it.

This is a nice one.
Re: Do You Need To Wait For Your Spouse To Say Sorry Before Your Forgive? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 17, 2016
The forgiveness is really not for others. Its for you.

Un forgiveness and bitterness is a disease that eats away at core. Can mainifest into physical and mental illness if unchecked.

Forgive for your own good. Simple

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

55 Rules For Love. / Too Many Kids In This Section. / Pleasure With Pain Part 18.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.