Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape (1573 Views)

Dino Melaye Reacts To Audio Tape With Akon Ikpeme Released By Sahara Reporters / Kano Assembly Raises Panel To Probe Sanusi Over Fresh Claims / FG Raises Panel To Probe Fanta, Sprite Content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by yns4real: 6:18am On Dec 18, 2016
•Wike accuses APC of being behind the show

•You’ve being caught
pants down and cannot find where to hide, says APC

The Inspector General of Police,
Ibrahim Idris has raised a team of
detectives and experts to conduct a
thorough investigation into the
audio tape released by online
medium SaharaReporters.
SaharaReporters claimed that the
voice on the tape was that of Rivers
State Governor, Nyesom Wike, in
which he said he would kill officials
of the electoral commission who fail
to honour their words to rig in his
favour.
A statement in Abuja yesterday by
the Force Spokesman, Don Awunah,
stated that the investigative team is
mandated to conduct forensic
analysis on the audio report. It is also
to look into the statement of the
INEC chairman, Prof. Yakubu Mahmud
that “there were 70 incidents that
tended to derail the December 10,
2016 re-run elections in Rivers
State.”
The police have also urged the
government of Rivers State and INEC
to avail the team available facts.

“The Government of Rivers State and
INEC are enjoined to avail the
investigative team with facts at their
disposal and grant them the desired
cooperation and assistance to
achieve a comprehensive and
conclusive investigation.”
However, the Rivers State
Commissioner for Information, Dr.
Austin Tam-George has dismissed
the telephone conversation
allegedly made between Wike and
some officials of INEC as a fabrication.
He noted that Sahara Reporters,
which released the audio acted for
the All Progressives Congress (APC),
and described it as outright lie,
saying whole thing was an
allegation and fabrication, as he
added that there was no time that
the governor made any contact with
officials of INEC for the purpose of
rigging the rerun elections.
Tam-George said that modern
technology has made it possible for
a person’s voice to be manipulated,
alleging that SaharaReporters has
been the propaganda arm of the APC.
He said, “No one would have thought
that the APC and its cowardly media
allies would resort to an audio
impersonation of Governor Nyesom
Wike, using a voice changer
technology. The voice changer
technology is often used by
teenagers mainly in South Korea and
Japan to launch innocent technology
prank at each other, mainly for
laughs.”
Reacting yesterday, the APC sate
Publicity Secretary, Chris Finebone
said, “Having been caught in the web
of their own machinations, what do
you expect Governor Nyesom Wike
and his Commissioner to say?
“Often when anyone is caught pants
down, the most convenient and
ready response is to blame and
blackmail others. The truth remains
that Gov. Wike in that
SaharaReporters’ audio tape was
caught pants down and he simply
cannot find where to hide.”
The police asked “The election
observers, civil society groups,
human rights watchers and other
stakeholders to assist the team with
valuable information they may
have.”
The investigative team which is
headed by a Deputy Commissioner
of Police has 30 days to complete the
investigation and submit report.
Promising that findings from the
investigation will be made public,
the police Force also noted that it is
committed to enthroning the
principles of democratic policing and
ensuring that the IGP’s master plan
on election security takes hold in the
country in accordance with
international best practices and core
values of Policing with integrity.

http://thenationonlineng.net/rivers-igp-raises-panel-probe-audio-tape/

1 Share

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by SexyNairalander: 6:24am On Dec 18, 2016
booked
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by iokpebholo: 6:57am On Dec 18, 2016
Wht about SARS commander hijacking election result, will u also prob dt mr corrupt IG

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 7:02am On Dec 18, 2016
iokpebholo:
Wht about SARS commander hijacking election result, will u also prob dt mr corrupt IG

Where is your evidence of SARS doing all tht??

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by Bari22: 7:04am On Dec 18, 2016
wike in trouble.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by bayelsaowei(m): 7:07am On Dec 18, 2016
Has this IGP protected all lives of nigerians??

The PF deployed over 20000 police men to rivers state for just a small election whilst many were bombed and killed in the north..what more??...crime right left and center in the country.. undecided

So the IGP can really carry out a probe??..ofcourse it has to be because of the opposition..

Nigeria is a failed state...
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by bayelsaowei(m): 7:08am On Dec 18, 2016
Bari22:
wike in trouble.
which trouble??..what about the Sars that was chasing voters and shooting sporadically??...

Nigeria is such a failed state.. angry

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 7:10am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

You are either mischievous or astoundingly ignorant!!! With all the YouTube videos that has been flying about

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 7:15am On Dec 18, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You are either mischievous or astoundingly ignorant!!! With all the YouTu[sup][/sup]be videos that has been flying about

U should be smarter than this, well I know people are quick to believe WAht they wish to be true, this is an election, anybody can claim to be anybody..... Can u identify any of them in that video as a SARS official......... I served n river state, I was a PO in d 2015 presidential and gubernatorial elections.

I am in the know, dnt tell me about ignorance, because u D ignorant one here......

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by ddippset(m): 7:19am On Dec 18, 2016
iokpebholo:
don't worry yasef. they are investigating that one too. they are investigating both matters.
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 7:20am On Dec 18, 2016
bayelsaowei:
Has this IGP protected all lives of nigerians??

The PF deployed over 20000 police men to rivers state for just a small election whilst many were bombed and killed in the north..what more??...crime right left and center in the country.. undecided

So the IGP can really carry out a probe??..ofcourse it has to be because of the opposition..

Nigeria is a failed state...

You are sick, are u aware that a DSP was beheaded with his orderly during the elections............. Try it in civilized country, tht state would be locked down

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 7:25am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

U should be smarter than this, well I know people are quick to believe WAht they wish to be true, this is an election, anybody can claim to be anybody..... Can u identify any of them in that video as a SARS official......... I served n river state, I was a PO in d 2015 presidential and gubernatorial elections.

I am in the know, dnt tell me about ignorance, because u D ignorant one here......
You are even making yourself look more stupid. The Rivers state SARS commander Akin Fakorede was clearly identified on the video and you are here yarning dust smh

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by bayelsaowei(m): 7:27am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

You are sick, are u aware that a DSP was beheaded with his orderly during the elections............. Try it in civilized country, tht state would be locked down
what was the DSP doing??..

Was the DSP protecting the lives of nigerians as mandated to carry out or facilitating the plans of the apc via rigging

You are the sick person.. angry

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

The truth is that if the police should attempt to repeat what they did on December 10 in 2019,they would have just too many victims and not just a DSP and his ordely

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You are even making yourself look more stupid. The Rivers state SARS commander Akin Fakorede was clearly identified on the video and you are here yarning dust smh

Okay was tht wike voice or not??.........
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by reptile1: 7:28am On Dec 18, 2016
grin grin this country is full of dumb peeps. How can u truly identify someone's action with recorded voice tape? With modern technology, anybody's voice cud be manipulated. This reminds me of late yaradua. The IGP demanding an investigation on the issue can best be described as someone who totally, is ignorant of a certain technology that cud be used to impersonating his own voice. grin

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 7:30am On Dec 18, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

The truth is that if the police should attempt to repeat what they did on December 10 in 2019,they would have just too many victims and not just a DSP and his ordely

I give up on u....... U r condemned!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 7:32am On Dec 18, 2016
bayelsaowei:
what was the DSP doing??..

Was the DSP protecting the lives of nigerians as mandated to carry out or facilitating the plans of the apc via rigging

You are the sick person.. angry

No matter what the DSP was doing, thts no yardstick to behead him...... So r u in support of beheading someone??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by bayelsaowei(m): 8:59am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

No matter what the DSP was doing, thts no yardstick to behead him...... So r u in support of beheading someone??
I am not in support of anything..i am only trying to tell you to be objective..

Which ever way you look at it the police force and the masses are both pawns in the hands of our politicians..the NPF should start acting independent and do their jobs of protecting lives rather than collaborate with the FG to perpetrate election malpractice..

The NPF should probe both wike and SARS...

Nigeria is a dead state...
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by Corrinthians(m): 9:01am On Dec 18, 2016
The best shot Wike could take at defence is simply to say "APC" did worse. It is sheer stupidity denying that wasnt him.
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by freshboi88: 9:05am On Dec 18, 2016
bayelsaowei:

Which ever way you look at it the police force and the masses are both pawns in the hands of our politicians..the NPF should start acting independent and do their jobs of protecting lives rather than collaborate with the FG to perpetrate election malpractice..

Why didn't u ask the police to be independent in d last 16years of PDP rule..... Or was the police independent during PDPs 16year rule??

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by Corrinthians(m): 9:08am On Dec 18, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

You really sound frustrated and crude. What exactly could be your problem?
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by Chrisbriss: 9:27am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

Did u or dis u not see the video.. Ur bias nature is tantamount to ur kack of reasoning

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by Chrisbriss: 9:30am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

You are mentally unstable.. are u aware of the bodo killing in ogoni... try it in a civilized nation and see if they won't be an uproar..
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

So there were supposed to allow him steal ballot boxes because he is a police DSP?
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by iokpebholo: 9:31am On Dec 18, 2016
freshboi88:

if u have a television in ur house then tune in to channels television"s sunrise daily tomorrow morning and thank me later since u chose to b a hypocrite

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 9:32am On Dec 18, 2016
Corrinthians:
You really sound frustrated and crude. What exactly could be your problem?
My problem is that the police were involved in stealing of ballot boxes and beating up of INEC officials

1 Like

Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by DecemberIV: 9:44am On Dec 18, 2016
bayelsaowei:

My friend SHUT UP! It is y.our brain that is in a dead state. Why didn't u ask the police to be independent in d last 16years of PDP rule?

You and everyone else knows that was the bloody killer Wikes voice. You are heartless and sha.meless to cover up the truth.

Wike will be probed and punished no matter what or how long it takes. Parade has changed gear.
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 9:46am On Dec 18, 2016
DecemberIV:

My friend SHUT UP! It is y.our brain that is in a dead state.

Wike will be probed and punished no matter what or how long it takes. Parade has changed gear.

My dear you will wait a very Long time for that as Wike will remain Governor of Rivers state till 2023
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by DecemberIV: 9:48am On Dec 18, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

My dear you will wait a very Long time for that as Wike will remain Governor of Rivers state till 2023

You're Ibo. You're a non factor in the political equation.

Shift let us see road.
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by kcnwaigbo: 9:51am On Dec 18, 2016
DecemberIV:

You're Ibo. You're a non factor in the political equation.

Keep aside.
Lolz so Nyesom Wike is what tribe again lwkmd
Re: Rivers: IGP Raises Panel To Probe Audio Tape by DecemberIV: 9:55am On Dec 18, 2016
kcnwaigbo:

Lolz so Nyesom Wike is what tribe again lwkmd

Ikwerre from the relevant SS, and you know it. You can go and argue his igboness in the ethnic section.

This is national politics where our opinion is irrelevant which is why I never mentioned you in the first place.

Free my mentions.

(1) (2) (Reply)

President Buhari's Report Card! / Work Going On @ Oluoha Road Linking Okija Market To Ubahuekwem, Ihiala / Biafra: UPP Attacks Igbo Governors Over Nnamdi Kanu’s Detention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.