Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,301 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:58 AM

How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship (2886 Views)

Most Distance Relationships Are Pure Scam. / As A Guy, How Do You Handle A Woman Who Is Not Impressed By Money? / Long Distance Relationship Is A Time Waster For Women. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 5:25am On Dec 20, 2016
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by Jayson1: 5:46am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
Am in one i think am going to call it off since 2012 just meet once but she's cool, how do you handle your long distance relationship
Bro, before you "call it off" i will advise you to have a chat with www.nairaland.com/TheCOB

She will be of help.
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 6:09am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
Bro, before you "call it off" i will advise you to have a chat with www.nairaland.com/TheCOB

She will be of help.

Thanks boss smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by Jayson1: 6:12am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

Thanks boss smiley
You welcome..... Pleasant morning to you. cool
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 6:18am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
Pleasant morning to you. cool

And you too smiley
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 6:35am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:

She will be of help.
how?
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 6:50am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
how?

The general opinion of long distance relationships is that they don't last. And as much as we want to discredit such myths, we cannot but agree that there is some good reason for the thought. I like to refer to this thought as "The theory of Assumptions".

I'm going to talk on a general note and hope to get your PM so I can actually understand the peculiarities in your story. Although I must say, that you asked for advise is commendable; it shows a desire to make it work #ThumbsUp

Long distance relationships last and infact, done rightly, they last longer in marriage.

A long-distance couple already know that many of the odds are against them, hence they tend to put in more efforts in bonding more than partners who are physically close to each other.

How does it work?

First things first, you need to ask yourself some homemade questions before you embark on a long-distance. It isn't for the fainthearted, and it most certainly isn't for you if you are in just for the fun.

Long-distance relationships work only when the two partners genuinely love each other and truly want to be together.
So from the kick-off point, tell yourself that you're in for a lifetime. Make the decision to stick with this individual forever. When your mind is set towards forever, it makes it easier to filter through problems and find a solution, it helps for your mind not to constantly present breaking up as a solution. Basically it's a way of tailoring your mind towards a particular focus.

At the point where you mind is set on forever, it makes it easier to Pour out your very best into the relationship.
Now this is where many Long-distance relationships crash; Humans because of our assumptions are scared to put in their best into a relationship - "what if she ain't loyal? What if we breakup? How I'm I sure she ain't seeing someone else where she is? What if it simply doesn't work?" The irony though, is that this fear of the unknown (which by the way is normal) gets the better part of many of us and eventually become the real reason for the actualization of such fears.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Yes you may lose but what if you don't?

Every other thing done for a successful Long-distance relationship, lies within the corridors of these two principles:

Make a decision of forever. Note that, the fact that you have made this decision doesn't guarantee that forever would happen. However it gets you closer to such realization. It gives you the mental-kick needed to make it work.

Do your best, Do your part. In a Long-distance relationship, your partner may be doing all the right things or even all the wrong things. But none of these would matter if you yourself aren't doing your part and giving your best. Make sure to have exhausted all possible 'do-abilities' on your part before you call it quits.

I do hope that you send me a PM let's see how to make this work. Cheers!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 7:39am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

The general opinion of long distance relationships is that they don't last. And as much as we want to discredit such myths, we cannot but agree that there is some good reason for the thought. I like to refer to this thought as "The theory of Assumptions".

I'm going to talk on a general note and hope to get your PM so I can actually understand the peculiarities in your story. Although I must say, that you asked for advise is commendable; it shows a desire to make it work #ThumbsUp

Long distance relationships last and infact, done rightly, they last longer in marriage.

A long-distance couple already know that many of the odds are against them, hence they tend to put in more efforts in bonding more than partners who are physically close to each other.

How does it work?

First things first, you need to ask yourself some homemade questions before you embark on a long-distance. It isn't for the fainthearted, and it most certainly isn't for you if you are in just for the fun.

Long-distance relationships work only when the two partners genuinely love each other and truly want to be together.
So from the kick-off point, tell yourself that you're in for a lifetime. Make the decision to stick with this individual forever. When your mind is set towards forever, it makes it easier to filter through problems and find a solution, it helps for your mind not to constantly present breaking up as a solution. Basically it's a way of tailoring your mind towards a particular focus.

At the point where you mind is set on forever, it makes it easier to Pour out your very best into the relationship.
Now this is where many Long-distance relationships crash; Humans because of our assumptions are scared to put in their best into a relationship - "what if she ain't loyal? What if we breakup? How I'm I sure she ain't seeing someone else where she is? What if it simply doesn't work?" The irony though, is that this fear of the unknown (which by the way is normal) gets the better part of many of us and eventually become the real reason for the actualization of such fears.

Every other thing done for a successful Long-distance relationship, lies within the corridors of these two principles:

Make a decision of forever. Note that, the fact that you have made this decision doesn't guarantee that forever would happen. However it gets you closer to such realization. It gives you the mental-kick needed to make it work.

Do your best, Do your part. In a Long-distance relationship, your partner may be doing all the right things or even all the wrong things. But none of these would matter if you yourself aren't doing your part and giving your best. Make ure to have exhausted all possible 'do-abilities' on your part before you call it quits.

I do hope that you send me a PM let's see how to make this work. Cheers!
thanks a lot you nailed it but this not gonna help yea I love her she also love I think more than I love her but how do you cope with this I mean when you feel lonely when you need someone to cuddle, really I need something different
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
thanks a lot you nailed it but this not gonna help yea I love her she also love I think more than I love her but how do you cope with this I mean when you feel lonely when you need someone to cuddle, really I need something different

Where do you stay? And where does she stay?
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by Jayson1: 7:53am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
Bia Nwoke, you did not thank me also abi? grin

BTW, TheCOB, thanks for the advise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 7:56am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

Where do you stay? And where does she stay?
am in abuja she in abia state
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 7:58am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:

bros you too much you know weather is your sister? grin
Jayson1:

bros you too much you know weather is your sister?
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 8:05am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
am in abuja she in abia state

Okay. How often do you get to visit each other?
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by Jayson1: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
bros you too much you know weather is your sister? grin
Lol, if i break your leg ehn.... grin

Anyway, it's all good bro. Please when next she's visiting, tell her to bring one of her beautiful friend along. wink
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 8:07am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
Lol, i break your leg ehn.... grin

Anyway, it's all good bro. Please when next she's visiting, tell her to bring one of her beautiful friend along. wink
this man self
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

just once in 4yrs am tired of it is like am in prison really want to get out
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 8:11am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

don't know how to tell her that I want out
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 8:15am On Dec 20, 2016
Jayson1:
Lol, i break your leg ehn.... grin

it's all good I gat them good good ones for you
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by ucheHapers(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2016
God bless you... it's not easy but the good thing about it is the excellent communication and friendship built. And knowing that breaking up is never an option

[Qquote author=TheCOB post=52088367]

How does it work?

Do your best, Do your part. In a Long-distance relationship, your partner may be doing all the right things or even all the wrong things. But none of these would matter if you yourself aren't doing your part and giving your best. Make sure to have exhausted all possible 'do-abilities' on your part before you call it quits.

I do hope that you send me a PM let's see how to make this work. Cheers![/quote]
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by Jayson1: 8:19am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
it's all good I gat them good good ones for you
Thank you sir. grin
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2016
ucheHapers:
God bless you... it's not easy but the good thing about it is the excellent communication and friendship built. And knowing that breaking up is never an option

Amen smiley

May God bless you too
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
just once in 4yrs am tired of it is like am in prison really want to get out

I don't understand. You mean in 4 years of the dating, you have seen each other just once
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 9:04am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

I don't understand. You mean in 4 years of the dating, you have seen each other just once
yea
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 9:23am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
yea

Really that's a recipe for disaster.

As much as physical bonding isn't all there is to a relationship, how connected can you truly be to an individual you have met only once? Whatever connection formed therein would be based on a perceived personality and could be quite different in the real physical world.

Why is that you have met only once? What circumstances brought you together?

Love goes beyond texting and phone calls. The strongest bonds are forged in reaction to tiny details like how she reacts to pressure and frustration, the way her eyes light up when she is excited, the worry you can sense in her when u have a problem, the joy you feel within yourself in her presence, the emotion you see in her eyes and her in the way her voice quivers as she shares with you her deepest troubles...... Etc etc....

So Chi, what has held both of you back from planning visits in the past 4 years?

1 Like

Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 9:58am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

As much as physical bonding isn't all there is to a relationship, how connected can you truly be to an individual you have met only once? Whatever connection formed therein would be based on a perceived personality and could be quite different in the real physical world.

Love goes beyond texting and phone calls. The strongest bonds are forged in reaction to tiny details like how she reacts to pressure and frustration, the way her eyes light up when she is excited, the worry you can sense in her when u have a problem, the joy you feel within yourself in her presence, the emotion you see in her eyes and her in the way her voice quivers as she shares with you her deepest troubles...... Etc etc....

So Chi, what has held both of you back from planning visits in the past 4 years?
wow you are quite interesting thanks a lot I really appreciate, here the nature of my job is really stressful am in force and she's mommy daughter
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 10:04am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

I thought of going home we both have plans together she even suggest we be on uniform me and her really it was a good idea but am shot of money cus I invest in mmm till she still think am coming how, don't know how to tell her that am not coming home
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 10:18am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
wow you are quite interesting thanks a lot I really appreciate

Thanks a lot smiley
Seen your PM and replied same wink
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 10:22am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

Thanks a lot smiley
Seen your PM and replied same wink
so what do you think I should go on and call it a quit
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 10:39am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
so what do you think I should go on and call it a quit

No, not without giving it a good fight.

You sound like you sincerely care about her save for the technicalities of long-distance. And really, that's a good place to start. We'd work together to sort this out. wink
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by chibuike65: 11:16am On Dec 20, 2016
TheCOB:

No, not without giving it a good fight.
about
You sound like you sincerely care about her save for the technicalities of long-distance. And really, that's a good place to start. We'd work together to sort this out. wink
yea I care about her does too, hey am really tired of the whole thing I know she's not going find it easy when she will get my message telling it's over but I believe some day somewhere we will still again, am seeing someone now but I feel like cheating her really I need to call it off
Re: How Do You Handle Your Long Distance Relationship by TheCOB(f): 11:22am On Dec 20, 2016
chibuike65:
yea I care about her does too, hey am really tired of the whole thing I know she's not going find it easy when she will get my message telling it's over but I believe some day somewhere we will still again, am seeing someone now but I feel like cheating her really I need to call it off

Lolz as weirdly annoying as the quoted post is, I actually laughed!
Chi, how long have you been with this new person?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Spot The Weapon Of Sex Enjoyment (photo) / My Wedding Night Part 1 (18+) / My Husband Wants To Kill Me With His Big Cassava

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.