Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,460 members, 7,770,144 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:41 AM

FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime (10950 Views)

I Was Persuaded To Buy Items Looted From Jonathan's House - Trader / Whistle-blower: FG Recovers Another $151m, N8b Looted Funds / FG Recovers 40 New SUVs, Other Vehicles From Perm Sec - Lai Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by ivandragon: 6:22am On Dec 20, 2016
FG recovers N288bn looted funds from Jonathan’s regime

By Levinus Nwabughiogu

ABUJA-A total of N288.6 billion of looted funds in the previous regime of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan has so far been recovered by the Muhammadu Buhari’s administration, the Director-General of Budget Office, Ben Akabueze has said.

This was even as the Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udo Udoma has allayed fears over the non approval of the Medium Term Expenditure Framework, MTEF by the National Assembly before the presentation of the 2017 budget estimates last week.
Similarly, the Minister of State for Budget and National Planning, Zainab Ahmed also admitted that the Social Intervention Scheme otherwise called N-Power jobs piloted by the Federal Government has not performed fairly well.

The officials spoke while fielding questions from Journalists at the 2017 Budget Breakdown organized by the Ministry of Budget and Planning at Old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja yesterday.

Akabueze said: “A total of N288.6 billion. This includes N97.6 billion which is equivalent of $220 dollars expected from the swiss, part of what is called Abacha loot recovery. Then it also includes N72 billion that has already been received in recent cases of loot recovery. And a balance of N90billion.

“Other expected recoveries that are at an advanced and reasonable stage that we feel comfortable and confident that they would come through in 2017 and so they have been reflected in the budget.”

Udoma on his part said that the National Assembly which already had both the MTEF and the budget would work on them at their own pace.

He also underscored the determination of the government to pull Nigeria out of recession.

He said: “With respect to the question about the MTEF, the national assembly has the MTEF which has been updated. And they have the budget, so everything is with them. So, they will determine how they treat it. I am sure the sequence will be they do the MTEF before they do the budget. But everything is with the national assembly.

“We are determined to bring succor to our people. The only way is by taking strong actions to change the current trajectory of the Nigerian economy.

To get out of the recession and bring the country back on the path of growth, government must find the resources to spend on infrastructure, and to spend to reflate the economy”.

On his part, the Minister of State for Budget, Ahmed said that the social intervention programme encountered teething problems even as she believed that the issues would be completely solved in the 2017 budget to meet the objective of the scheme.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/fg-recovers-n288-bn-looted-funds-from-jonathan-regime/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by HungerBAD: 6:22am On Dec 20, 2016
N288.6 billion?

Jesus Christ, Holy Mother Of God, Jesu Kristi, Jehovah, God, Samson, Goliath, Sango, Oghene, Allah,Chinekeeeeee.

So N97.6 billion belonged to Abacha, and the rest is Jonathans. Did not even know that "Saint Otuoke" stole this much. Still dont know what Buhari is waiting for to grab Goodluck Jonathan, as our constitution does not give immunity to former Presidents or Governors.

33 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Aufbauh(m): 6:24am On Dec 20, 2016
And some people still wonder how we found ourselves in this messy condition.
Jonathan regime is not worth any reflection. It was simply a locust years of which the elites took advantage of to impoverished the common man.

Painfully this figure is not close to one tenth of the actual money that was looted.

29 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by IykeChukz(m): 6:25am On Dec 20, 2016
Yeye gospel...

They will still borrow to make up after the media lies...

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by ivandragon: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2016
Abacha's loot alone is almost 40% of the total sum...

I thought PMB said Abacha did not steal?

well, they should do the proper thing by publishing the names of those these monies where recovered from & amounts. its time we begin to shame looters & all those who steal our collective wealth...

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:26am On Dec 20, 2016
Keep on deceiving your gullible followers, sane Nigerians have grown pass this kinda news..

105 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by abuchilag: 6:26am On Dec 20, 2016
wow....I didn't know that Abacha served under Jonathan's regime.

...this includes 97.7b equivalent of $220m being expected from the Swiss, part of what is called Abacha loot recovery...

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by beycity(m): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2016
Tired of hearing stuffs like this biko.

6 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by MrEverest(m): 6:28am On Dec 20, 2016
Useless government, they keep mentioning GEJ as a smokescreen to cover their gross incompetence. Abacha loot even formed a bulk of the so called recovered loot, yet they cunningly labelled it Jonathan loot. By 2019, We will be back to square one in trying to recover Buhari loot & the circle continues till infinity. We are not fooled neither will we be distracted in calling out the most worthless government since 1960!

100 Likes 11 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:29am On Dec 20, 2016
abuchilag:
wow....I didn't know that Abacha served under Jonathan's regime.

...including $220m
My brother it's unfortunate that this administration keep on lying to the masses instead of working

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:34am On Dec 20, 2016
HungerBAD:
N288.6 billion?

Jesus Christ, Holy Mother Of God, Jesu Kristi, Jehovah, God, Samson, Goliath, Sango, Oghene, Allah,Chinekeeeeee.
Akabueze said: “A total of N288.6 billion. This includes N97.6 billion which is equivalent of $220 dollars expected from the swiss, part of what is called Abacha loot recovery.

HungerBAD if I may ask you, Did Abacha Serve Under Jonathan or You Are Just Trying To Be Mischievous??

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by HungerBAD: 6:36am On Dec 20, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
Akabueze said: “A total of N288.6 billion. This includes N97.6 billion which is equivalent of $220 dollars expected from the swiss, part of what is called Abacha loot recovery.

HungerBAD if I may ask you, Did Abacha Serve Under Jonathan or You Are Just Trying To Be Mischievous??

It was a typo error.

5 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 20, 2016
The ones wey dem don recover wetin dem use am do.

This people en

13 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by BeeBeeOoh(m): 6:38am On Dec 20, 2016
HungerBAD:

It was a typo error.

SMHing for you angry angry

20 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Khd95(m): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2016
Govt of lies nd propagandersad

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Atiku2019: 6:46am On Dec 20, 2016
We need names and Amount recovered under each of the names mentioned.
Thank You smiley

2 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by overall90: 7:00am On Dec 20, 2016
Only
Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Flexherbal(m): 7:19am On Dec 20, 2016
Atiku2019:
We need names and Amount recovered under each of the names mentioned.

Thank You smiley
That is called Transparency.

4 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 20, 2016
grin grin grin grin
Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by virginboy1(m): 7:57am On Dec 20, 2016
Another Lie.

Since Last year,This FG have been discovering billions of looted money.
But where is the money. We don't know.

I only pity the sheepish Zombies.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by realGURU(m): 7:57am On Dec 20, 2016
ok
bu why that i no longer believe any news from these apc govrnment, any goods news that comes my instincts tells me that it is a lie, why?

6 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by abumeinben(m): 7:58am On Dec 20, 2016
$2.1b is already greater than N288b. What's going on here?

18 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by virginboy1(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
Jonathan Regime though Corrupt, is far more better than this Buhari regime.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by eplanning: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
And did what with the funds?
Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by MrPresident1: 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
How much will they recover from this regime?

clikck like for more share for less grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by kingphilip(m): 7:59am On Dec 20, 2016
Akabueze said: “A total of N288.6 billion. This includes N97.6 billion which is equivalent of $220 dollars expected fromthe swiss, part of what is called Abacha loot recovery. Then it also includes N72 billion that has already been received in recent cases of loot recovery. And a balanceof N90billion.

And some people still believe the headlines with this paragraph imbedded in the writeup??

I now see the reason why they said it's in lengthy posts things can be hidden to Nigerians

How these figures are arrived at is a source of concern to me

Can these figures be broken down and names attached to it??

That will bring credibility to the news I guess

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by truthspeaks: 8:00am On Dec 20, 2016
Always looking for ways to distract d hungry citizens as they have nothing to offer.

Useless govt

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Firefire(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Fraudulent Goverment...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by samx4real(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Good job FG...

I just pray the next government recovers even more from this present government and others if possible

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Omeokachie: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2016
Packaged lies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by curvilicious: 8:01am On Dec 20, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:
My brother it's unfortunate that this administration keep on lying to the masses instead of working

I feel shamed too bruv

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Recovers N288bn Looted Funds From Jonathan’s Regime by Firefire(m): 8:01am On Dec 20, 2016
realGURU:
ok
bu why that i no longer believe any news from these apc govrnment, any goods news that comes my instincts tells me that it is a lie, why?

Let me tell you some of the reasons:

1. Buhary himself is a fraudulent liar
2. 98% of Buhary's cabinet are kworupt.
3. This administration and it party was founded on lies and propaganda.
4. The spirit of lie is in their lives.

Even, Lucifer is envious of APC, Lie Mohamed and Buharies's professional ways of telling lies.

APC, Party of professional liars and career propagandists.

11 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Panel Quizzes EFCC Secretary, Directors / Kogi: Olisa Agbakoba Tackles EFCC Over Bailout, Bello's Nephew (Video) / A Suicide Bomber Was Shot Dead By Israeli Forces And Look At The Protest-lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.