Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,306 members, 7,826,213 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:16 AM

Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State (55994 Views)

"Buhari Is Truly Enyioma1 Of Igboland With The Quality Of Awka-Enugu Expressway" / Nnamdi Kanu Chased Away From Nri Palace Of Anambra Monarch / What Is Happening In The Capital City Of Abuja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by MARKone(m): 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
I am from Anambra, but please enough of this Nonsense, is this the only thing Willie has achieved, Bridges across the express way, that has yet to be completed. One you snap from different angle and post, what sort of development is that. You are making mockery of the state. I just don't get with our people.

45 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 10:10pm On Dec 20, 2016
I trust ANAMBRA people, dey will heap dirts everywhere....
Mark me.....
Some will insult me.....
But it's just a matter of time....., that will never last long

7 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by freeborn76(m): 10:11pm On Dec 20, 2016
It is a shame that we have suddenly elevated bridges as development, what a shame! Where are the industrial hubs? What about pictures of young entrepreneurs who have been supported by the government? What about well-funded and very equipped secondary schools? instead you show us bridges and expect us to clap for you...biko si eba pua!

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by nonsobaba: 10:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
Evidence of good governance. Unlike one state in particular where their governor commissions weighing scale as dividend of democracy!

3 flyovers in 3 years and one Okoro south of the boundary is still struggling with one substandard flyover in 6 years!
Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by HopeAtHand: 10:18pm On Dec 20, 2016
Imagine i started posting pictures of interchanges, flyovers and bridges in PH and start wallowing in mediocrity. I wouldn't blame village Awka people, they are only witnessing infrastructures that PH residents are used to since the 70's.

Shame shame shame!!!

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
Truth be told, obiano is a man of misplaced priorities. I am looking forward to a government that will place her priorities right!

10 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Yarduni: 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
The only change i'm seeing is the bridge turning from brown to red

18 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 20, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Imagine i started posting pictures of interchanges, flyovers and bridges in PH and start wallowing in mediocrity. I wouldn't blame village Awka people, they are only witnessing infrastructures that PH residents are used to since the 70's.

Shame shame shame!!!
I have always quietly read your posts on this forum, and I must say you are a total disgrace to the family that owns you. Why are you filled with so much hatred and negativity? You even succeeded in making me think all ikwerres reason like you until I found out you are just a lunatic. Why not just ignore the thread if you are not impressed by the development. Ifeanyichukwu please get a life.

4 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by MayhorE(m): 10:27pm On Dec 20, 2016
Cjrane2:
I was hoping you wouldnt support NL with these pictures here. I think you just want afonjas to have a bad day and come here to spew their spleen filled with hatred.

Afonjas need to be always kept in the dark. grin

Why can't you for once be positive?
Every post you always tribalise it, I feel sorry for your misconception

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by slimchimex(m): 10:29pm On Dec 20, 2016
next will be skycrappers in awka

1 Like

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by CandyDiamond(f): 10:30pm On Dec 20, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Shame shame shame!!!
[/b]Why are you filled with hatred for people that don't know you are existing[b], you will just die of heart attack one day,mark my word.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nathan2016: 10:33pm On Dec 20, 2016
HopeAtHand:
Even with the faked version of the Ikoyi-VI bridge, Awka is still classless.

Something about SE soil, the redness makes their "cities" look dirty... like wearing a cloth on a pig.

6 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by nonsobaba: 10:35pm On Dec 20, 2016
9japipper:
Truth be told, obiano is a man of misplaced priorities. I am looking forward to a government that will place her priorities right!
LOL. Hating is allowed.
Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by LorDBolton(m): 10:36pm On Dec 20, 2016
investnow2013:
AWKA IS REALLY CHANGING!!!!

Cool pics but it's laughable, honestly

I've been seeing same pics of same bridge on this NL for months now.

Even when it was commissioned.

Well thanks for showing us the underpass...e fine

10 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by spyder880(m): 10:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
The best pictures are here..... http://amazingviewpoints..com.ng/2016/11/the-most-beautiful-pictures-of-awka.html?m=1

The approach view here is fascinating. .... can someone paste this pictures from the blog link
Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 20, 2016
HopeAtHand:

Something about SE soil, the redness makes their "cities" look dirty... like wearing a cloth on a pig.

I must say that I don't think it is right to denigrate any part of Nigeria or its people. I think we should celebrate development wherever it happens. Even if some are mired in Nazi style ethnic supremacy, you need to let it slide. Everyone's wife is the most beautiful woman and that's fair enough.

I am Yoruba by the way.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by YourNemesis: 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2016
What an ugly town!

10 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by browniex: 10:47pm On Dec 20, 2016
Igbos are mediocre, the only thing they know how to do is count money and do crime.

10 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Doug07034780891(m): 10:50pm On Dec 20, 2016
Sincerely speaking and without mincing words Awka is like London compare to PH where most of its outlooks are all shanties and disorderliness as shown below. Below pictures are from PH and that's how at least 2/3rd of the town is. Prove me wrong so I can furnish more pictures..

[s]
HopeAtHand:
Even with the faked version of the Ikoyi-VI bridge, Awka is still classless. Something about SE soil, the redness makes their "cities" look dirty... like wearing a cloth on a pig.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 20, 2016
Op let me describe what u just did . it like me going into ijora in Lagos and snap the train bridge then post it with "ijora is the most beautiful city in the world" grin . u Igbo's are celebrating bridge in the age Men u guys still have long way to go

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by nonsobaba: 10:59pm On Dec 20, 2016
michaelandre:
Op let me describe what u just did . it like me going into ijora in Lagos and snap the train bridge then post it with "ijora is the most beautiful city in the world" grin . u Igbo's are celebrating bridge in the age Men u guys still have long way to go
But u afonjas always celebrate Ibadan na. The mega village with a million mud-walled houses and brown rusted roofs! Can u compare that village to Awka of yesterday?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 11:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
I weep for this country. angry undecided
Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by ChimaAdeoye: 11:06pm On Dec 20, 2016
Nathan2016:

Quietly waiting on Ibadam guys. grin grin grin grin

E no go sweet ooooo, if afonja lands here. grin grin grin grin grin

Walahi!......... Afonjas won't like this op at all... grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Goahead(m): 11:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
Whoever that posted this shit to Frontpage is an enemy to ndi Anambra.... There's nothing classy about these pictures angry

12 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nathan2016: 11:12pm On Dec 20, 2016
lol...sometimes i pity these guys that comes here to do e tribe war.... chai... una no get handwork..... grin grin grin
Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by mastermaestro(m): 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
Doug07034780891:
Jobless Ikwerre bastard. I hope you are not talking of the same PH that 2/3rd of it are shanties.

When Anambra started having flyovers and bridges Rivers people were still running around unclad. This inter change in Anambra is older and finer than every flyover in Rivers state. Prove me wrong..

[s][/s]

The running unclad part got me laughing hard. Guy you get mouth o cheesy grin cheesy cheesy

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by thecrush: 11:14pm On Dec 20, 2016
HopeAtHand:

The thunder that will fire you is a sum of the number of likes you get for that stupid comment

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by CandyDiamond(f): 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
browniex:
Igbos are mediocre, the only thing they know how to do is count money and do crime.
In Nigeria is it Yoruba and Hausa-fulani that doesn't know how to count money and do crimes. Ritual killing headquarters is located in Yoruba land,Hausa na Boko haram,Fulani herdsmen etc

3 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Wich kind tin b dis naa

From from freeglobe to Anambra1stso.n and now investnow....

Every time same pic of dis flyover,,,, bro abeg make una stop naa
E don dae too much

7 Likes

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 11:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
nonsobaba:
But u afonjas always celebrate Ibadan na. The mega village with a million mud-walled houses and brown rusted roofs! Can u compare that village to Awka of yesterday?
everything is afonja to u guys even the truth is wrong to u guys. Ibadan is a very beautiful place in fact I don't think there is any city has beautiful in Nigeria except Lagos and abuja #no jokes. U need to see hw beautiful it is and he peaceful. I have never heard of kidnapping in Ibadan in my life . I have seen Ibadan with my two eyes so I can testify. In fact it is d most livable city in Nigeria and one the best cities to ritire in Africa #fact. So use your brain well awka is like ijora badia ghetto in Lagos in size, population and apearance #fact

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ever Changing Face Of Awka The Capital Of Anambra State by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 20, 2016
Anambra is one of the few states in Nigeria that is doing well in terms of provision of some basic amenities using the available fund at her disposal. Inspite of the low revenue allocation they get from the federation account, the state has being able to think beyond the box to source for other funds especially with the imposition of taxes and other levies on indigenes and non indigenes of the state. Neighboring states like Delta for example should be ashamed because it hasn't be able to mange her resources properly right from the days of James Onaefe Ibori. other states should swallow their pride and ask the current governor how he was able to get to this stage. There's no shame in learning from one another. But my worry @ Op is that those pictures displayed, can those structures last for 10 years? A similar scenario is seen in Benin City Edo state in some of the roads that was constructed by Comrade Aliyu Adams Oshiomole. Most of them are dilapidated that during rainy season people find it difficult to use them. God help you if rain fall for Benin City, d kind traffic wen u go see na die. I don't what to mention other states that i have tour because it seems that these politicians are in the habit of construction road and bridges that can last long.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Atiku Attacks Tinubu Over Support For Buhari / Awara Biokpomabo: INEC Has No Right To Halt My Victory / Full Text Of President Muhammadu Buhari's National Address

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.