Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,219 members, 7,815,262 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. (2260 Views)

President Buhari Hosts Ooni Of Ife, Sultan Of Sokoto, Emir Of Kano(photos) / Adeyinka Grandson Invited By UK Police Over Hate Speech / PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by HMZi: 10:47am On Dec 22, 2016
"I want to say that nobody in the
north aims to kill any Igbo because he is an
Igboman. They are killed because they are the
industrious ones found in everywhere and in
every village but nobody plans or sends people
to kill the Igbos.” Sultan of Sokoto in Enugu

This statement reeks of hate,I am not Igbo but I don't think anyone should kill another for being industrious.He probably needs a better speech writer or what do you think?? SELAH

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by swagenity(m): 11:01am On Dec 22, 2016
Cc lalasticlala seun ishilove come and see food... Fp things.....

It true u should not kill ourselves for being business minded

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by dikachi01(m): 11:39am On Dec 22, 2016
dis emir na otepu na
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by dikachi01(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2016
oloriburuku somebody
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by hakanai(m): 12:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
If only people can get positive meaning to what some folks say.

Has it also occurred to you that he meant it was religious but that people select the victims because they know they can use the cover of crisis to steal from there business and property.

You won't loot and empty store and you won't rob a broke person. It only make sense to suggest some people target certain people because they believe they could loot stuff from them and hide under the guise of riot or crisis.

Even because of envy some could use the opportunity to kill a business competitor.

The Sultan may have capture some of the motives but I think alot of factors also contribute. Eg. Provocative actions,inciting people against other politically/religiously/tribal.Issues around mutual trust or Tolerance etc

Without doubt what he said is a part of the reason.miscreants exist in all lawless society waiting to take advantage of any situation to he high off peoples sweat.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by HMZi: 12:28pm On Dec 22, 2016
hakanai:

Has it also occurred to you that he meant it was religious but that people select the victims because they know they can use the cover of crisis to steal from there business and property.

You won't loot and empty store and you won't rob a broke person. It only make sense to suggest some people target certain people because they believe they could loot stuff from them and hide under the guise of riot or crisis.

Even because of envy some could use the opportunity to kill a business competitor.

The Sultan may have capture some of the motives but I think alot of factors also contribute. Eg. Provocative actions,inciting people against other politically/religiously/tribal.Issues around mutual trust or Tolerance etc

Without doubt what he said is a part of the reason.miscreants exist in all lawless society waiting to take advantage of any situation to he high off peoples sweat.
say what?

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by chijiblaze(m): 12:34pm On Dec 22, 2016
HMZi:
"I want to say that nobody in the
north aims to kill any Igbo because he is an
Igboman. They are killed because they are the
industrious ones found in everywhere and in
every village but nobody plans or sends people
to kill the Igbos.” Sultan of Sokoto in Enugu

This statement reeks of hate,I am not Igbo but I don't think anyone should kill another for being industrious.He probably needs a better speech writer or what do you think?? SELAH

If he said it just the way it's written here then I don't see it as hate speech.
He'll probably do anything to ensure that his people stop the killings. But then, what can he do? When dealing with factors far more powerful than himself (RELIGION).
He's wrong though about the reason for the killings. True, success can fuel envy, greed & hate in others but not all those killed in the riots & crises in northern Nigeria were successful and wealthy.
But they were usually christian, and mainly Igbo... and that's why they killed them!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by HMZi: 12:38pm On Dec 22, 2016
chijiblaze:

If he said it just the way it's written here then I don't see it as hate speech.
He'll probably do anything to ensure that his people stop the killings. But then, what can he do? When dealing with factors far more powerful than himself (RELIGION).
He's wrong though about the reason for the killings. True, success can fuel envy, greed & hate in others but not all those killed in the riots & crises in northern Nigeria were successful and wealthy.
But they were usually christian, and mainly Igbo... and that's why they killed them!
thumbs up
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by Stalwert: 2:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
hakanai:

You said it all the op is dull ...alot of religious crisis in the north is a covert operation to rob people.

2 Likes

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by HMZi: 3:46pm On Dec 22, 2016
Stalwert:

You said it all the op is dull ...alot of religious crisis in the north is a covert operation to rob people.
say what
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by irsakant: 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2016
The man didnt hide their hatred towards Igbos that they were found everywhere doing business.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by Mrbigman2: 8:36pm On Dec 22, 2016
Same speech saundana of sokoto made after d first coup.

Encouraging envy and assassination of only the lucky ones.

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by Garrithe1st: 8:43pm On Dec 22, 2016
Where is the hate in the speech?

Na wa oo!!

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by Nobody: 8:48pm On Dec 22, 2016
This Sultan has always been useless

I miss Sultan Maccido

1 Like

Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by HMZi: 8:25am On Dec 23, 2016
Garrithe1st:
Where is the hate in the speech?
Na wa oo!!
brain...u need 1
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by HMZi: 8:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Mrbigman2:
Same speech saundana of sokoto made after d first coup.

Encouraging envy and assassination of only the lucky ones.
that's exactly what am trying to point out.
Re: Hate Speech From The Sultan Of Sokoto. by freeze001(f): 8:58am On Dec 23, 2016
It would have been a good opportunity to call out murderers and firmly declare it absolutely unacceptable to kill Igbos or anyone for any reason. Giving an explanation or justification only means he supports and condones such criminal and evil acts no matter the reason.

He cannot rule out the existence of criminal religious and ethnic extremists among his subjects and by creating this seemingly 'acceptable' excuse/cover, some demons will actually identify and murder Igbos just because they are Christians and of another tribe and it all gets written off as being the fault of the Igbo brethren for being industrious and in large numbers. Can the population of the settler/non-indigene be more than that of the indigenes? So why is it possible and 'understandable' to make the effort to find the smaller number and still exterminate them?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Pics Of Justice Rita Ofili At Lagos High Court Today 4 Continuation Of Her Trial / Made In Aba Website Launched, Responsive And Beautiful / People Gat No Fear… A Young Man Cursed EFCC On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.