Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,114 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:17 AM

Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) (55114 Views)

How To Avoid Queue In Bank Premises With Internet Based Banking Services / Bank Customers Struggling With Security To Gain Entrance Into Bank Premises / Shoprite Shutdown In Owerri As Police Takeover Premises (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by lonelydora: 4:34am On Dec 23, 2016
Stanleywaxy:
A bank is the worst place to visit during a period like this , if you see queue for banks for P.H today ...na die we de

After suffering to get money from bank on 23rd December 2008, I made it a policy to always withdraw any amount I will use for Christmas period till January on 15th of every December. It has been working for me.

5 Likes

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Zedoo(m): 5:07am On Dec 23, 2016
Haha naija. Old people's bank.
Who banks with first bank in this era?
Laughing stock all year ...
Meanwhile...

Use 10k to make 50 in three days Christmas bonanza.
Call 08105683368.
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by blazer234: 5:15am On Dec 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:

MMM guys should stop comparing banks with that stupid scheme. Bank didn't pay u cash doesn't mean it can't give you your money. A lots of bank are migrating customers to ADC. If you are refused cash at the counter kindly do a transfer via your app or ATM and see if the transaction won't be processed. MMM is gone for good and the earlier u guys get it the Less numbers of heart failure next year.

Looks like you are happy that the poor will remain poor, right? Sounds like you were losing something when MMM was operational

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by blazer234: 5:17am On Dec 23, 2016
Freedom2016:
Yorubaa and traditional attire are like 5 and 6. They wear it even in government offices!

Maybe they like being original. That should be a commendation

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Odunharry(m): 5:19am On Dec 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:

I experienced same yesterday in Ph. But in onitsha today as a market area, d 3 banks I visited were all paying. Places like onitsha Alaba, won't experience such cash crunch cos traders would always bring cash to the bank. My annoyance is some misguided ponzy investors trying to compare banks with MMM.
Honestly, its just foolish.
Bank that has depositors money secured with NDIC and also part of their cash with CBN.
MMM guys can be frustrating atimes.

Why will someone evn compare a bank with MMM.
Anyone who doesn't know that days before a public holiday, banking halls get filled to the door and people tend to make alot of withdrawal this period must be living in a rock. Not evn to mention the major public holiday in Nigeria (xmas n new year).

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by itunesgiftcard(m): 5:25am On Dec 23, 2016
madridguy:
You that said you don't know why MMM frozen mavro, hear this, yesterday in Port Harcourt ,Ecobank was not able to pay people complete but only 50% payment once you are withdrawing 100k upwards. People in Port Harcourt lamenting on that action.

MMM haters una see una life?

chuddy of MMM don carry all the money nau
grin grin grin

see en dance nau for "hamaring"

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Odunharry(m): 5:27am On Dec 23, 2016
Dfinex:

in ur mind u think u've made some sense.....

Ever heard of liquidity ratios and cash reserve ratios? ...please look them up so u can educate urself and stop comparing banks with ur MMM.

And also look up credit quality ratios and risks to understand extreme cases where a bank may not be able to meet it's financial obligations and as such may need AMCON or NDIC's interventions.

as for the issue of cash outage, we all await CBN's explanation as banks are not even able to withdraw from CBN.
I love this.. Truly, there's less money in circulation and we know if CBN decides to flood the economy with more cash, inflation will definitely go up again.

I just can't understand why a grown up will compare Bank cos of the long queue he saw with MMM.
Everyone knows days to a public holiday, alot of people tends to make more withdrawals than deposit and so it's normal for banks to experience this unending queues.

it's even worse if other channels of making transaction are unavailable at that time.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Odunharry(m): 5:28am On Dec 23, 2016
abnot my guy i see u. Compliments
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Odunharry(m): 5:32am On Dec 23, 2016
lonelydora:

After suffering to get money from bank on 23rd December 2008, I made it a policy to always withdraw any amount I will use for Christmas period till January on 15th of every December. It has been working for me.
Days to Xmas are the worst day to visit the bank honestly.
I can still remember first bank and access bank Alaba two years ago and also Gtb Trinity.

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by dunkem21(m): 5:47am On Dec 23, 2016
Uchihaitaci:

The word stipend reeks of arrogance and stupidity... Next time choose your words better

Illiteracy is a big disease .. undecided
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by fascowilly(m): 5:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Freedom2016:
Yorubaa and traditional attire are like 5 and 6. They wear it even in government offices!
Igbo what's wrong with you?

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by AlphaT1(m): 6:13am On Dec 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:

MMM guys should stop comparing banks with that stupid scheme. Bank didn't pay u cash doesn't mean it can't give you your money. A lots of bank are migrating customers to ADC. If you are refused cash at the counter kindly do a transfer via your app or ATM and see if the transaction won't be processed. MMM is gone for good and the earlier u guys get it the Less numbers of heart failure next year.
Come January 14, 2017 you will be the one to suffer heart failure as mmm participants will dance to the banks! Watch out haters.

4 Likes

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by econity(m): 6:16am On Dec 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:

You just said it all
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by econity(m): 6:16am On Dec 23, 2016
AlphaT1:

Come January 14, 2017 you will be the one to suffer heart failure as mmm participants will dance to the banks! Watch out haters.
Keep on dreaming

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Nobody: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2016
Freedom2016:
is dere any law dat says traditional attire should not b worn at govt office? pls rcive sence!
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by kristian98(m): 6:22am On Dec 23, 2016
RoyalMail:
Today is definitely a day of mixed feelings. According to a reader who shared these pictures, this drama as First Bank PLC as people vow not to leave the banking hall until when they get paid. This may be unconnected to the festive period and probably the MMM saga. See more pictures below..

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/12/drama-as-customers-refuse-to-bank.html
isnt that first bank, akure
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Ibro2005: 6:22am On Dec 23, 2016
They must be pensioners
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by fortunejum: 6:23am On Dec 23, 2016
Banks should always prepared for this period. It's always embarrassing.

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by lazeal: 6:25am On Dec 23, 2016
Freedom2016:
you see how dumb you are? See how inferiority complex has destroyed your brain? So what should they wear? A white man's attire? You should be ashamed of yourself since you are not proud of your heritage, a dunce like you will celebrate a white man's culture while those of your ancestors is neglected.

Anybody who isn't proud of his african heritage is bastard and not the son of his father.

I am igbo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by emi14: 6:26am On Dec 23, 2016
Fremancipation:
There is something about this picture and my intuition that makes me feel like a lot of these folks voted for buhari.

Tribal native dressing
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Enrichlee(m): 6:32am On Dec 23, 2016
Freedom2016:
bros, for even writing this I'm sure u've never been to the north

1 Like

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Nobody: 6:34am On Dec 23, 2016
osolee:
Even some ATM refused to dispense money until this evening grin grin
thought I was the only one that experienced that, some bank didn't even load their atms while some others only loaded one, the queue nor be here o
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by emi14: 6:35am On Dec 23, 2016
lazeal:
you see how dumb you are? See how inferiority complex has destroyed your brain? So what should they wear? A white man's attire? You should be ashamed of yourself since you are not proud of your heritage, a dunce like you will celebrate a white man's culture while those of your ancestors is neglected.

Anybody who isn't proud of his african heritage is bastard and not the son of his father.

I am igbo

So cell phone, internet and the banking system in question is your ancestral heritage and styles? Stop addressing people in negativity. His/her orientation, views and background might differ from yours. SHALOM !!
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by mediocre(m): 6:36am On Dec 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:

tell them my brother. As if after that day, people still won't take their money to the bank.
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by pek(m): 6:36am On Dec 23, 2016
He didn't disrespect anyone. He just made reference to the shoes. The shoes could be anyone's.
wezzyjasified:

and u ve parents n old ones at home abi?
respect is reciprocal
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by DonCortino: 6:37am On Dec 23, 2016
YUNGLURD:
I think bubu has nothing to do with such queue...The bank should be @ fault

There is no money in most banks. In GtB we have to wait for those depositing in order to withdraw. When we complained they said it was CBN bla bla bla.

2 Likes

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by Neddyogu(m): 6:38am On Dec 23, 2016
douchesnozzle:

Sir hv u tried to use an ATM lately?
The crowds at ATMs lately are mammoth. MMM may have frozen people's cash for a month but d banks are not doing any better.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by lazeal: 6:40am On Dec 23, 2016
emi14:

So cell phone, internet and the banking system in question is your ancestral heritage and styles? Stop addressing people in negativity. His/her orientation, views and background might differ from yours. SHALOM !!
dunce, firstly, I didn't quote you. Secondly, the person I quoted mentioned attire. When has attire become electronic gadgets. Weren't you taught to stick to theme of discussion?

You should learn from Chinese and Indians on how they protect their heritage, teach in their local dialect etc.

Go siddon abeg. U think being educated is all about knowing how to read and write?
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by obanth2016: 6:49am On Dec 23, 2016
We at MMM never lamented this way. Only day 1 of banks inability to pay u are crying and even blaming MMM for banks failure! What a fool!! Rather thank MMM which has been feeding the bank. People at MMM pulled out their cash for settlement (investment/empowerment); u never believed it. A system that enriches d rich at d expense of d poor masses is what Nigerian banks stand for. Nigerians are wiser nowadays. Only fools like u wd keep his money with d bank for 0.001% per annum. When MMM u unfreeze confirmed mavro in January, ur eyes wd see it. Am glad u can see why MMM did what it did 2 weeks ago.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by EmekaBlue(m): 6:53am On Dec 23, 2016
Yoruba and Ankara up and down..chai
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by emi14: 6:55am On Dec 23, 2016
lazeal:
dunce, firstly, I didn't quote you. Secondly, the person I quoted mentioned attire. When has attire become electronic gadgets. Weren't you taught to stick to theme of discussion?

You should learn from Chinese and Indians on how they protect their heritage, teach in their local dialect etc.

Go siddon abeg. U think being educated is all about knowing how to read and write?

Education would have taught you manners. You're very careless with words. Why must you learn only dressing and language from India. Learn their technology also and compare it with your heritage. They only heritage you're to protect is attair...shame. Do you really understand the meaning of dunce? You might be educated as claimed but honestly not civilized.
Re: Customers Refuse To Leave First Bank Premises (photos) by nonjebose(m): 6:56am On Dec 23, 2016
Banks are having problems. There is liquidity squeeze or cash crunch. They depend mostly on daily deposit to offset withdrawals. Some will tell you that they are attending to depositors first, and that those who want to withdraw should come back later in the day or wait for ages in the hall. Atm machines are worse. The queues are frustratingly long.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Businesses That Will Suffer Under BUHARI / Top 15 Small Business You Can Make Huge Money/profits From Daily In Nigeria / Femi Otedola, Do You Go To Work? Instagram Follower Asks Billionaire Businessman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.