Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,757 members, 7,809,920 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Prayer Corner - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Prayer Corner (2617 Views)

The METHODIST CHURCH CORNER. / Fools Corner - Godsmopols Displeasure About Religion Section / Prophet Goes To Court To Stop 'one Corner' Song (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 7:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
Greeting Oga Delishpot i don come again.

My Issue now is: Is Honesty Always The Best Policy? Is there a time when a little lie is not so bad?
Considering, when being honest might hurt someone's feelings or make them feel bad, when telling a little lie will help you get out of bad situations and so on. Despite these, should the Truth always be told and why?

I just want to get a rational opinion from another person concerning this.

Wilgrea7 AnonyNymous KingEbukasBlog Dalaman raphieMontella and others can also contribute to this.

Got some funny views here: www.debate.org/opinions/is-honesty-the-best-policy
Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 8:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
Re: Prayer Corner by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2017
A question on morality, hmm.

Honesty is very good, yes. Of course, some people would say that honesty is not always the best, and I agree with them because in some situations its just plain stupid. In such cases, I think I'd prefer to just decline to comment and if that's not possible, use diplomacy to try to steer the conversation in another direction without actually lying. For example:

Boss: Have you finished drafting a report based on that field development plan?

Brutally honest answer: No sir

Boss: *gets mad and complains about how you never get work done on time and starts resenting you*

On the other hand, with diplomacy:

Boss: Have you finished drafting a report based on that field development plan?

Diplomatic answer: On my observation of the FDP I noticed that I needed to do some more research on some areas I find questionable so as to give you a proper, well rounded report without leaving anything important out. I will provide the completed report tomorrow. (Then you sit your ass down and write the fucking report!!)

But the best thing is to try not to put yourself into situations where you'll need to lie

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by Wilgrea7(m): 7:18am On Sep 22, 2017
4kings:

My Issue now is: Is Honesty Always The Best Policy? Is there a time when a little lie is not so bad?
Considering, when being honest might hurt someone's feelings or make them feel bad, when telling a little lie will help you get out of bad situations and so on. Despite these, should the Truth always be told and why?

Wilgrea7 AnonyNymous KingEbukasBlog Dalaman raphieMontella and others can also contribute to this.

its very good to be honest.. firstly.. i think its best to avoid situations that would make us want to discard honesty.. like taking a stroll to the sambisa forest and claiming to be a Christian.. and there are some situations that may require you to stretch the fact a little.. or some that actually require you to lie to survive.. so it all depends on the situation... but i think its best to avoid such situations.. although its hard

btw welcome back 4kings

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by hopefulLandlord: 7:35am On Sep 22, 2017
@4kings, I agree with Wilgrea7

in a perfect world, Yes! it is the best policy
but the world is not perfect and life is much more complicated than a linear view

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
@4kings, I agree with Wilgrea7

in a perfect world, Yes! it is the best policy
but the world is not perfect and life is much more complicated than a linear view
True.
Thanks Wilgrea7 and AnonyNymous; so the best thing is to try to avoid those situations.
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 10:20pm On Sep 24, 2017
4kings:

Silence should be used instead of lies in such cases. That is what I do when I do not want to hurt feelings.
Re: Prayer Corner by kellytuns(m): 2:54am On Sep 25, 2017
Pray for me,that God should make 16th of December 2017 a reality

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 10:04am On Sep 25, 2017
kellytuns:
Pray for me,that God should make 16th of December 2017 a reality

Noted. It shall turn out for the best bro.
Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 12:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
delishpot:

Silence should be used instead of lies in such cases. That is what I do when I do not want to hurt feelings.
Hmm, that's another good point. Thanks.

Oga Delishpot, what if the situation is a case of your close friend consistently cheating on his wife with her best friend? Now you're also close to the wife, however, telling this to the wife might lead to a big disaster and even the end of the marriage and your relationship with your friend, and would put her in a very sick emotional state.
But keeping silent, will possibly have no effect(with hopes that the man might change). What would you do?

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
4kings:

Oga Delishpot, what if the situation is a case of your close friend consistently cheating on his wife with her best friend? Now you're also close to the wife, however, telling this to the wife might lead to a big disaster and even the end of the marriage and your relationship with your friend, and would put her in a very sick emotional state.
But keeping silent, will possibly have no effect(with hopes that the man might change). What would you do?
I think its best to still be quiet and feign ignorance of the whole thing. Probably hang out less with your friend to see if that sends him a signal that you're not pleased. That's kind of like a personal thing that you're not supposed to be involved with so its best you stay out of it.

Is this situation happening to you? grin
Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 5:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
AnonyNymous:

I think its best to still be quiet and feign ignorance of the whole thing. Probably hang out less with your friend to see if that sends him a signal that you're not pleased. That's kind of like a personal thing that you're not supposed to be involved with so its best you stay out of it.

Is this situation happening to you? grin
Nahh.
Don't mind me jare, i just went deep in my silly woolgathering.

Advice noted, but it'll be kinda painful and somewhat wicked.
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 6:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
4kings:

It is not a crime to say " I choose not to involve myself " if she asks you directly. If she doesn't ask you, I'd say unless you feel not telling her would cause more harm than good, then keep your need to yourself. If the man's action is going against your principles speak with him about it and if he still doesn't listen, cut off from him or avoid going places with him where he does such things. Silence doesn't have to be taken literally, it could also mean not talking about a particular topic.
Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 2:23am On Sep 26, 2017
delishpot:

It is not a crime to say " I choose not to involve myself " if she asks you directly. If she doesn't ask you, I'd say unless you feel not telling her would cause more harm than good, then keep your need to yourself. If the man's action is going against your principles speak with him about it and if he still doesn't listen, cut off from him or avoid going places with him where he does such things. Silence doesn't have to be taken literally, it could also mean not talking about a particular topic.
Thanks, you're and AnonyNymous are pointing at the same direction.
I gues i should start judging more on reason and less on emotions regarding issues like this.
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 9:23am On Sep 26, 2017
4kings:

Thanks, you're and AnonyNymous are pointing at the same direction.
I gues i should start judging more on reason and less on emotions regarding issues like this.

Yes pause and think critically before taking actions. Ya welcome.
Re: Prayer Corner by 4kings: 10:21am On Sep 26, 2017
delishpot:

Yes pause and think critically before taking actions. Ya welcome.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 3:32pm On Jun 13, 2018
One of the greatest problem we face as humans is patience. To wait on God for what we have asked. I remember once I asked a bro if he was planning on traveling to a non english speaking country. That I saw him there with his family. He said NO that he doesn't even see himself in such a situation. It took two years for the vision to come to pass. He got a scholarship and went abroad to a well known non english speaking country. He took his family after a while to spend the holiday with him. By the grace of God I have experienced many similar instances where it took a very short time for the word to come to pass while some happen after a few years. You can imagine if he was in a hurry to witness it ASAP? I can say after 24 months of nothing he would have given up hope. There are times you need patience and trust in God for what you believe in even though you have to do other things while waiting for God to answer your prayers. Imagine if someone had told Donald Trump when he was 25 that they see him sitting on the throne as a leader or president of a powerful country. See how long it would take for that word to manifest? I am sure the world would laugh at him after 20 years of nothing and he is still bragging that he will rule USA one day. Look at david in the bible, after he was anointed by Samuel to be king of Israel(1 samuel 16) how many trials and near death experiences did he pass through before he finally became king. Let us put ourselves in his shoes, would we not think that God may not have been faithful? Romans 8 : 24-30

Moral of the story, do not rush do not be in a hurry just acknowledge God and let God's will be done.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 4:40pm On Jun 13, 2018
Prayer requests are still welcome.
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 9:50am On Jun 14, 2018
Kelvinreality ..... I don't know why but I saw a dark cloud with wind. It dug up a lot of young men buried underground in a single pit (Maybe family problem) They seem to have been held captive for long being watched over by an assigned entity. Mission was successful but the person leading the mission has to be prayerful and the rescued should remember God in all they do lest they fall from grace. I don't know if this resonates with you but that is all I felt the lord show me.
Re: Prayer Corner by Nobody: 12:03pm On Jun 14, 2018
delishpot:
..... I don't know why but I saw a dark cloud with wind. It dug up a lot of young men buried underground in a single pit (Maybe family problem) They seem to have been held captive for long being watched over by an assigned entity. Mission was successful but the person leading the mission has to be prayerful and the rescued should remember God in all they do lest they fall from grace. I don't know if this resonates with you but that is all I felt the lord show me.

Hmmm.....So true.

At Bolded, can you explain what you mean by Mission Successful?

Thank you for your time sir.
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 12:57pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelvinreality:

Hmmm.....So true.

At Bolded, can you explain what you mean by Mission Successful?

Thank you for your time sir.

I saw a deliverance being done. That was what brought in the wind that dug the pit where those young men were buried ( They were not dead o, looks like they were held captive underground) The deliverance if done by a true servant of God will be successful.
Re: Prayer Corner by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jun 14, 2018
delishpot:

I saw a deliverance being done. That was what brought in the wind that dug the pit where those young men were buried ( They were not dead o, looks like they were held captive underground) The deliverance if done by a true servant of God will be successful.

Thanks boss......I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 5:51pm On Jun 14, 2018
kelvinreality:

Thanks boss......I appreciate.

Welcome
Re: Prayer Corner by emmiesky(m): 11:10pm On Nov 22, 2018
delishpot:

Welcome

Bro, please I need your help
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 6:13am On Nov 23, 2018
emmiesky:

Bro, please I need your help

How may I help you bros
Re: Prayer Corner by emmiesky(m): 12:11pm On Nov 23, 2018
delishpot:

How may I help you bros

I was directed to your thread by a friend who spoke highly of you and suggested you could be of help.
I am currently facing a lot of challenges. Lost my job around June and all efforts to get another is proving abortive. I can't really say what's happening to my life. I am not where I seem to be. Before now, I have gone for various job interviews done well up to the final stage only for something to just happen and I am sidelined. I just feel something is not just right. Depending on the help/handout's from family to survive. It's kind of depressing for me at the moment. I'm willing to do anything just to land a job. That shows you my level of desperation. Like I said earlier I really need your help.Thanks
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2018
emmiesky:

I was directed to your thread by a friend who spoke highly of you and suggested you could be of help.
I am currently facing a lot of challenges. Lost my job around June and all efforts to get another is proving abortive. I can't really say what's happening to my life. I am not where I seem to be. Before now, I have gone for various job interviews done well up to the final stage only for something to just happen and I am sidelined. I just feel something is not just right. Depending on the help/handout's from family to survive. It's kind of depressing for me at the moment. I'm willing to do anything just to land a job. That shows you my level of desperation. Like I said earlier I really need your help.Thanks

I understand you. Just give me some time and I shall get back to you later tonight or tomorrow morning. Please beat with me as I am a bit busy at the moment.
Re: Prayer Corner by Olajumoke459: 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2018
I want God to heal my cervical spine speedily
Am tired of living in pain every day
Re: Prayer Corner by emmiesky(m): 11:14pm On Nov 23, 2018
delishpot:

I understand you. Just give me some time and I shall get back to you later tonight or tomorrow morning. Please beat with me as I am a bit busy at the moment.

I quite understand. Will be waiting. Thanks
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 8:51am On Nov 24, 2018
Olajumoke459:
I want God to heal my cervical spine speedily
Am tired of living in pain every day

Amen. And may it be as your heart desires concerning your back. When it happens let your healing stand as a witness before you to always remember God in all that you do.
Re: Prayer Corner by delishpot: 8:56am On Nov 24, 2018
emmiesky:

I quite understand. Will be waiting. Thanks

I remember we exchanged emails some time ago. Well, let's take your desire to God. You can also refer back to our emails and remind yourself what we discussed.
Re: Prayer Corner by Olajumoke459: 8:41pm On Nov 25, 2018
delishpot:

Amen. And may it be as your heart desires concerning your back. When it happens let your healing stand as a witness before you to always remember God in all that you do.
Amen thanks
I'll do as advised

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help!!! I'm Fast Becoming An Atheist / King Kong Movie Reveals Flat Earth with Firmament (dome) / The Gospel According To Judas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.