Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,371 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 AM

Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU (54296 Views)

#OAUvsUNILAG: Students Of OAU And UNILAG Drag Each Other On Twitter / Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by barragan: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

you are taking her word for gospel.

how come others were able to upload the 8 subjects? the guy who quoted her tweet said he tried again the next day and was able to upload.

to make matters worse, it appears she didn't realize that uploading only 7 subjects would set her back in the competition
!

I observed the bolded in her narrative as well, seems she was a bit too over confident. That been said, she deserves a place in the department, I hope the school find a solution for her, help her cross over from her current department if possible.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by c2far: 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prof., thanks for taking the pain to engage with Nigerians on this subject. Your gesture is rare and appreciated especially given one's knowledge of how academics never want their ideas and opinions to be subjected to scrutiny.

Adesegunfat:
Let me thank all OAU medical students and graduates who have called me over this matter.

I have taken the pain of extracting the results of Aror directly from the database - using screenprint so that everyone can see the evidences. She uploaded only 7 subjects, and her overall average is 75.2%.

If she has further issues, she is free to contact the University's Admissions office.

For others to judge if the attached documents are true or not, I encourage people to take a good look at her JAMB result print out - It reflects the same 7 subjects only, same calculation, and the same weighted average of 75.2%. Aror should please upload that document again for others to see.

I wish her well.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by olagbemi118(m): 10:24pm On Dec 23, 2016
Abeg, dat gal deserves admission. Very intelligent somebori. To hell with ur calculations.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 10:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
come,is it her fault that there is a glitch in the portal?....how did she handle it with levity?..in a sane society should there be glitches that can cause this type of error in a top school like OAU.....the school messed up!!!...simple!!!!......ca dis happen in Harvard and MIT?....

that's the problem with Nigerians. we don't stay true to our existential reality. Does OAU look like MIT?

some things are bound to happen in this country. you have to adapt to survive. the portal is probably archaic and will remain so for years.

if this country was perfect, we won't be having this argument. JAMB rules state that an undergraduate should not sit for UTME. but the lady, who is already an undergraduate did. isn't she blocking the pathway of some schooleavers who have no admission yet?
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
Rb53:

How are we sure she is telling the truth about the uploading. Why did she hide this information from the outset?
I am having a doubt about her sincerity. She never knew the provost would come out publicly to clarify issues. I am sorry to say, this self-acclaimed victim is just all out to pick on the emotions of Nigerians like you.
Again, look at the facts

** Her jamb was superb, 80%

** O'level was okay for her course

** OAU's portal had a glitch which messed up her input

Where is the emotion picking from?... Or can you dispute these facts?

Truth remains, If the system didn't have an initial glitch, she'd be having an excellent Christmas celebration and she still deserves that
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by StOla: 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm sorry but I'm still not buying these silly excuses from the provost. The provost should come out and disclose how many students in total OAU admitted to study medicine this year.
If truly the girl was 104 on that list, what is the total number of students that were registered for 100 level Medicine and Surgery in OAU this year? How many students is OAU taking on supplementary admission?
Why wasn't her name considered for supplementary admission?
I dare the provost to publish the entire list of admitted students for medicine and surgery this year including all the supplementary lists and the "special candidates" lists. He can blurt out the names. I want to see the breakdown of the scores.

Duni, I believe this same provost had already clarified from the post yesterday how many students were admitted and what criteria was used.

45% of admissions is based on merit in which the cutoff mark is applied. 35% is based on catchment area which happens to be the 6 SW states. The final 20% is based on Educational Disadvantaged States of which all 19states of the North, Ebonyi, Bayelsa, and Rivers states shamefully qualify.

So as it stands Aror from Delta State could only have been admitted on the merit consideration as Delta State does not qualify under catchment area or educational disadvantage.

Are there candidates who scored lower than Aror but were admitted? Yes, but they would qualify under either of the 2 other admission criteria. Is there a candidate from Delta who scored below Aror also from Delta but was still admitted into the same programme? No! Any Delta candidate on that list must have been admitted on merit, a criteria Aror did not meet owing to her poor O'level grades when juxtaposed with her excellent UTME score.

The rules are quite very explanatory.

3 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by babyfaceafrica: 10:38pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

that's the problem with Nigerians. we don't stay true to our existential reality. Does OAU look like MIT?

some things are bound to happen in this country. you have to adapt to survive. the portal is probably archaic and will remain so for years.

if this country was perfect, we won't be having this argument. JAMB rules state that an undergraduate should not sit for UTME. but the lady, who is already an undergraduate did. isn't she blocking the pathway of some schooleavers who have no admission yet?

which kain thing be dat?..so its now is OAU Harvard abi?...Nigerian schools been killing student destiny since 1905...if some people call Nigeria Zoo now..una go dey vex?...you can't blame her student for a technical fault?...if the government and school has invested much on IT..this could have been avoided!!!...so she has to be complaining up and down to rectify it.....you guys have really accepted mediocrity from these schools......

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
barragan:

I observed the bolded in her narrative as well, seems she was a bit too over confident. That been said, she deserves a place in the department, I hope the school find a solution for her, help her cross over from her current department if possible.

unfortunately, it is very rare to find cases where students cross to medicine in OAU. they make it sound as if its a piece of cake if you have good grades but its only to console u at the point of rejection. in most cases, another rejection awaits when u try to transfer

I know a friend who was allowed to leave his dept. but medicine rejected him and he couldn't go back to his department. left in limbo, he had to go beg at faculty of agric for one terrible course
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by longjohnsilver: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
Funny enough my sister is number 96 on the list and she was not admitted for Medicine either thankfully she did pre degree, that was what saved my sister.

Post UTME shud be brought back, in this case now...the Aror girl 'probably' wud have scored another 300 (she seem very brilliant) and would 'probably' be admitted now, scraping it seem like a bad idea because the extortion of students the lawmakers are trying to avoid did not work, most admission seekers still had to pay for screening in most universities they applied for.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by misterjosh(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
duni04:
I'm sorry but I'm still not buying these silly excuses from the provost. The provost should come out and disclose how many students in total OAU admitted to study medicine this year.
If truly the girl was 104 on that list, what is the total number of students that were registered for 100 level Medicine and Surgery in OAU this year? How many students is OAU taking on supplementary admission?
Why wasn't her name considered for supplementary admission?
I dare the provost to publish the entire list of admitted students for medicine and surgery this year including all the supplementary lists and the "special candidates" lists. He can blurt out the names. I want to see the breakdown of the scores.
List of admitted students is not a secret, like the provost right said, go to office of the dean or provost whichever applies, the list will be there.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by OluDare01(m): 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
I had 280 in jamb, 2 As,5 Bs, 1 C in waec , I didn't enter pharmacy in UI. I cried like a baby because all I ever wanted was Pharmacy.
I had to change my course to chemistry, now I am doing my masters.
I believe she can also change to another course

I think she should just accept her fate and move on.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
which kain thing be dat?..so its now is OAU Harvard abi?...Nigerian schools been killing student destiny since 1905...if some people call Nigeria Zoo now..una go dey vex?...you can't blame her student for a technical fault?...if the government and school has invested much on IT..this could have been avoided!!!...so she has to be complaining up and down to rectify it.....you guys have really accepted mediocrity from these schools......

you don't get my point. it is easier for her to complain and get the issue resolved than for anyone to get the school to invest in a top notch portal.

we have to deal with the reality of life here. Nigeria cannot CHANGE.

Anyway, its obvious that she didn't even know that submitting only 7 subjects will set her back

by the way, why would I be angry if someone calls Nigeria a zoo? today makes it 2 months without power supply in my area.
in fact... Nigeria is a zoo!

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Phi001(m): 10:49pm On Dec 23, 2016
BrainiacX and baum1, have you seen this thread?
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by babyfaceafrica: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
thinkative:

you don't get my point. it is easier for her to complain and get the issue resolved than for anyone to get the school to invest in a top notch portal.

we have to deal with the reality of life here. Nigeria cannot CHANGE.

Anyway, its obvious that she didn't even know that submitting only 7 subjects will set her back

by the way, why would I be angry if someone calls Nigeria a zoo? today makes it 2 months without power supply in my area.
in fact... Nigeria is a zoo!
Good you know
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
longjohnsilver:
Funny enough my little sister is number 96 on the list and she was not admitted either.

eeyah! this is another painful case

and her second choice of pharmacy is also competitive.

tell her to keep her head up and go again
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by demolagilbert: 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2016
I personally appreciate that the provost at least gave feedback. Now impersonally, like i already stated in the thread that birthed this discourse, I will apportion no blame to that girl. Her only wrong in this case is being born a Nigerian and in Nigeria. This same girl is one who if she was in other 'sane' climes we would probably read of her exploits on this same Nairaland and we would have accolades for her then. But unfortunately she is here, and all we have to say is crap like her waec was poor, as some so mindlessly put it. I will apportion no blame to her if an institution like OAU couldn't put up a fully functional website to handle this. Logically, i cannot blame her for being unable to upload something that the website couldnt handle as basic as that is. I wouldnt blame her cos even if she complained at that time about the website her complaint would probably be as effective as someone screaming Hello! in a desert. I would apportion blame on the pathetic system that seeks to rubbish everything good and just in the land and in the lives of the 'lights' that shd erstwhile illuminate this gloomy, hopeless country. So many potentials, great things and people, so many have had their light snuffed out and here is how it begins... killing passions, killing dreams.....

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by gawu1: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2016
Donpre:

did you write 2015 Waec?.... I did. We were ask to choose one entrepreneur subject and one ICT subject. Please get your facts ryt
In fact, I am the exam officer of my school. I have been registering students for both Waec and NECO for the past 5 yrs now. My school has already completed the offline registration of its candidates for the 2017 Waec examination. I repeat it, the compulsory subjects as listed by Waec and NECO in the 2015 and 2016 academic sessions were English, maths, civic education and any one trade subject. These remain same this year. Computer is optional like any other subject beside these mentioned compulsory ones. Your school asked you to choose one entrepreneur subject and one ICT subject was your school's decision, but not directive from either of the exam bodies. If your school had compelled you to register computer, that shouldn't mean Waec or NECO made it compulsory. Since the time computer was introduced as subject in secondary school, no year was it made compulsory for Waec candidates. Let me hints you, both Waec and NECO at every registration period pass circular to schools with warnings that students should not be register for any subject against their wishes apart from those compulsory ones listed. Again, during Waec and NECO registration processes, English, maths and civic as compulsory subjects are automatically selected. To proceed, one must pick a trade subject before selecting any other subject. It's not possible to register two trade subjects for a candidate.
My friend, I hope you are enlightened!
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by thinkative: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:
BrainiacX and baum1, have you seen this thread?

help me tell the brainiac fellow. he was mouthing off about tribalism and nepotism on the other thread
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by goldbergg: 10:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
longjohnsilver:
Funny enough my sister is number 96 on the list and she was not admitted for Medicine either thankfully she did pre degree, that was what saved my sister.

Post UTME shud be brought back, in this case now...the Aror girl 'probably' wud have scored another 300 (she seem very brilliant) and would 'probably' be admitted now, scraping it seem like a bad idea because the extortion of students the lawmakers are trying to avoid did not work, most admission seekers still had to pay for screening in most universities they applied for.

She should keep her head high and hope for the best.. Gods tym
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by ademusiwa2r: 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
grin
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by butanep(m): 10:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
texazzpete:

To be honest, you're every bit as bad as the education minister you deride. You want the Provost to publish the names of every student given admission in that department. Are you for real?

The real reason why she was not admitted has been PLAINLY and CLEARLY spelt out here. She failed to follow instructions properly to upload the result from 8 WAEC exams. She claims one failed to upload...why would she sit idly by and do nothing to follow up? Would it have cost her anything to retry later, or contact the school?

Had she done the right thing, she would have scored much higher than 80% and would today be celebrating her admission. But it seems it's much easier for you and your ally here to blame the school.

Smh

So it's now a big deal to publish names of admitted students.

Corruption has so cripped into all sectors including the education section. Then when school was of high standard, names of admitted students were published in national dailies for transparency or uploaded on the school website.

What we get now is secret admission...I can't stand to defend any school in Nigeria because all of them are corrupt.

Let's leave it there. I'm talking from experience. If that girl is a minister or an elite daughter, she would have been admitted.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by paulo220(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
Mr Fatusi....I really appreciate ur further explanation. indeed u Re a father And a Good one. I sincerely withdraw d threat of law suit I promise to, if u didn't publish d admission list within 48 hours. Am really convinced, but school authority should look/review her admission stuff again. I wish to pick up her admission fees/school fees of the first yr. Thanks
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Donpre(m): 11:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
gawu1... thanks for the enlightenment, it must have been an error from the school. Got an A1 tho, so win-win
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Phi001(m): 11:20pm On Dec 23, 2016
ademusiwa2r:
grin
I'm totally on the provost's side, but since when did B start being classified as 'below average'?

Back in the day, wasn't the grade system A1, A2(now B2), A3(now B3) and so on...
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Anusiemgood(m): 11:21pm On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
I am sad that the tenure of Prof Fatusi as the Provost OAU College of health sciences will be expiring Next year. I wish he should Just continue to remain our provost forever. He is such a great man and a man of highly respected and wonderful character. He often say politely and I quote " I am not a politician, when I say I will help, I will help you" He is not a biased man. Very loving, simple and meek. Words only cannot express him, you need to be close to him to feel the cool breeze of his angelic behaviour. Proudly OAU College of health sciences.
plead wit him to consider dat babe..anuhw she has tried on her own..
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by P0intBlank(m): 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
Topiipii:

You don't have to be offensive, the prof opened an account yesterday (https://www.nairaland.com/adesegunfat) because of this issue when he was contacted by past students who saw the lady's post. One can fairly deduce from the spreadsheet that the process was automated, so the issue occurred when the lady entered 7 subjects instead of 8 and the school won't know since they will just go with the final column; she even clarified the issue today from a screen shot I saw here on Nairaland. sanchez01 is an old member here.

She erred when she entered 7 subjects as against the 8 demanded on the web portal.

You say it like it's her fault. When the portal didn't make provision for Computer science.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Prescott001(m): 11:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
ur baastard father is duller than me, it doesn't matter sch i attend or how smart i'm, i got job a year after my graduation, thank God, No 1 In ur generation can attain that lady's merit, upload ur waec 4us wit prove, ediot u, dem swear for u, u dnt know, how many OAU graduates r curently ruling dis country at federal level, ode oponun, ABU ZARIA has produced 4presidents ever, u dat u r not dul r there riding okada wit ur OAU smart cert. oloriburuku oponu, wht is lai muhamed representing u doing? there, werey
Uncle, I would have given u gbosa but note... Lol... I know it's painful to say this but that UR job. I can always get it. But till u die - U can't get admitted to Oau, so keep looking for simpler universities. U can even do UR PhD at Gboko Polytechnic

4 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by tohe(m): 11:31pm On Dec 23, 2016
I said on another thread concerning this thing that I saw only 7 subjects registered for by the girl and someone was arguing with me that they uploaded their results and they turned themselves to admission officer computing with subjects that the girl did not register.
this thing made me notice something, most pple here did not go to uni so they don't perhaps understand how things work dere.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by pazienza(m): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
the Way God Works Is diferent, i thank God OAU Fraustrated me to go to unimaid, i got job a year after i graduated because of conectn i got wit a kanuri man i met during my admisn, judgin frm dis girl case, its not good deny her admitn for these flimsy excuses, i knw many ppl oau had contributed to dia destiny failure due to wrong choice, noting is special abt OAU as some ppl speculated, afterall buhari has no Bsc, I have more than 5 oau Cv wit me begging for jobs, wit their 2:1, when u r busy shouting gr8 ife, those graduated frm UDU,KANO,UNIMAID,PH,UNCAL, etc ful NNPC, wt nNa yeye OAU, who oau epp sef! the girl shld just change her institutn to UNIMAID sef, UNIVESITY OF MAIDUGURI TEACHING HOSPITAL is stil the best in heart sugery, go and findout or google it,

Good one.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by math2001: 11:35pm On Dec 23, 2016
Phi001:

I'm totally on the provost's side, but since when did B start being classified as 'below average'?

Back in the day, wasn't the grade system A1, A2(now B2), A3(now B3) and so on...

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by joelison(m): 11:39pm On Dec 23, 2016
if she wants to make name for herself she should forget medicine.. medicine is just a crap course that is overrated
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Prescott001(m): 11:41pm On Dec 23, 2016
joelison:
if she wants to make name for herself she should forget medicine.. medicine is just a crap course that is overrated
U think so? Give her an alternative

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Solve This Maths And Win #200 Any Network Of Your Choice Credit Card / Sex For Grade: Dr. Boniface Igbeneghu’s Facebook Page Stormed By Nigerians / Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.