Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,130 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:06 AM

Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU (54293 Views)

#OAUvsUNILAG: Students Of OAU And UNILAG Drag Each Other On Twitter / Photo Of OAU Students Reading With ATM Light At Night / Meet First Class Graduate Of OAU And 7 Times ICAN Prize Winner – (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by francisbiz: 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
INTERMAN:
The affected student AROR
OGHENERUKEVWE is a current Medical Rehabilitation part one student. I have adviced her to go and see the provost. But I wonder what she has been doing all these while since she is already a student and should know how admission request for supplementary list is been done at OAU instead of waiting all these while. She should have just taken some few steps into the office of the provost or other Prof and request for admission assistance right from the beggining of the admission processing.
I don't this case.
But do you need to see the provost/vc before being offered admission?
I thought it's by merit.
What is it with Nigerian tertiary institutions and "MULTIPLE ADMISSION LISTS"? : First list, Second-list, Supplementary-list and VC-list.
Why not admit everybody simply on merit; strictly on highest score.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Phi001(m): 11:43pm On Dec 23, 2016
[quote author=math2001 post=52207015][/quote]
Wawu...

So when my dad told me he made A3 in maths, It was this kin high score... I wonder what I even scored in maths sef
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by math2001: 11:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
shocked
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by johnsonjosbles(m): 11:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Prescott001:
Uncle, I would have given u gbosa but note... Lol... I know it's painful to say this but that UR job. I can always get it. But till u die - U can't get admitted to Oau, so keep looking for simpler universities. U can even do UR PhD at Gboko Polytechnic
i can as well swear wt my life that none of ur family member ever attain dat lady's merit,in na lie, upload ur waec here, who knows maybe u don't even have waec sef, OAU is not even the best in medcine and engineerine, oau is not even the best in nigeria by rating, so wht is ur pride Ode! oponun
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Prescott001(m): 11:59pm On Dec 23, 2016
johnsonjosbles:
i can as well swear wt my life that none of ur family member ever attain dat lady's merit,in na lie, upload ur waec here, who knows maybe u don't even have waec sef, OAU is not even the best in medcine and engineerine, oau is not even the best in nigeria by rating, so wht is ur pride Ode! oponun
My pride is that u COULDN'T get admitted to OAU

5 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by INTERMAN: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2016
francisbiz:

I don't this case.
But do you need to see the provost/vc before being offered admission?
I thought it's by merit.
What is it with Nigerian tertiary institutions and "MULTIPLE ADMISSION LISTS"? : First list, Second-list, Supplementary-list and VC-list.
Why not admit everybody simply on merit; strictly on highest score.
. Never! Admission can never be based on Merit anywhere in the world. Exam is not a true test of knowledge. There are other factors that must be considered. Fir instance, JAMB markings was very faulty this year for some candidate while on the other hand some other candidates were not affected at all. The affected ones scored low mark while others scored over 300. Such affected person need assistance for supplementary listen. Likewise m, some did jamb about 4 to 6 times without admission. Such ones cld also seek assistance via supplementary list. Examination malpractice and other factors cld cause some candidate marks very high which is actually fake.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by johnsonjosbles(m): 12:07am On Dec 24, 2016
Prescott001:
My pride is that u COULDN'T get admitted to OAU
what did u read in oau, liberary science, ediot, ur cgpa sure less than 1, if i lie, upload it here, olodo, that lady's waec is beter than ur B.sc munmu
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by rowbee(m): 12:09am On Dec 24, 2016
INTERMAN:
that 181 medicine candidate was said to be a pre degree student. She entered through pre degree and not jamb screening. There was a lot of error in this year Jamb as some candidates in some days were marked low by Jamb due to wrong marking. Some day were added extra mark while some had computer and server hitches in their centre. So a 300 candidate this year may not be better that someone who scored 200. It is just a luck and random thing this year
blesss you. You're making sense
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by francisbiz: 12:31am On Dec 24, 2016
INTERMAN:
. Never! Admission can never be based on Merit anywhere in the world. Exam is not a true test of knowledge. There are other factors that must be considered. Fir instance, JAMB markings was very faulty this year for some candidate while on the other hand some other candidates were not affected at all. The affected ones scored low mark while others scored over 300. Such affected person need assistance for supplementary listen. Likewise m, some did jamb about 4 to 6 times without admission. Such ones cld also seek assistance via supplementary list. Examination malpractice and other factors cld cause some candidate marks very high which is actually fake.
It's unfortunate that corruption has become our way of life, submissions are only possible in a society were no strings are attached or less strings are attached.
Set up an audit panel to investigate that admission process, you would be definitely amazed at its findings.
If have gone to our law courts on corruption cases, you will see "American wonder". So brother take the provost submission with a pinch of salt.
If go schools handouts are prohibited, do you know what lecturers do? They ask the printer to bind the handouts and call them books.
Abeg we know who we are!
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by DASPARTAN: 1:03am On Dec 24, 2016
U draw out facts from such dabblings, if such views aint aired then u dun get to bottom of the ranging issue, afterall before a theory or law, observations,experiments must av bn duly carried out b4 u assert an hypothesis. #GREATCHAP #GREATPROVOST

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by superfelix: 1:24am On Dec 24, 2016
It's all good now..
she didn't meet up with d cut off and as such she shouldn't be considered... making exception cuz she scored 320 na No No...

moreover, she's already a student in d same college with Medicine, wetin she dey find again? .. Like sum1 posted earlier, she didn't knw dat d 7sub she uploaded would come back to haunt her....I think she's Learned tho...

I wish her well
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by math2001: 2:25am On Dec 24, 2016
sad shocked

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by olutop(m): 2:34am On Dec 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
which kain thing be dat?..so its now is OAU Harvard abi?...Nigerian schools been killing student destiny since 1905...if some people call Nigeria Zoo now..una go dey vex?...you can't blame her student for a technical fault?...if the government and school has invested much on IT..this could have been avoided!!!...so she has to be complaining up and down to rectify it.....you guys have really accepted mediocrity from these schools......

If the school want 2 be strict and things shud v bn done normally, the lady in question wnt and can never be gvn an admission in oau again....once u are a student of a university you are nt entitled 2 write UTME into the same university again, ask any UI student abt dz
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by LastProphet: 3:17am On Dec 24, 2016
Coldfaya:
the only good thing I'm taking from this is the provost.

that aside, the girl is supposed to get this admission no matter the angle the school is coming from.

big ups to the Professor though. it's rare

stop been sentimental and always face facts. in the early '90s i wasted 3 Jamb scores i OAU before I realized i couldn't get to read a competitive course like computer engineering there. the cut-off mark then used to be 249 for my kogi state, i tried to prove they were favoring some people and after all my checks and all i was disappointed, OAU admission is based purely on merit. i went to another university and i got admission easily. Learn to accept the truth

2 Likes

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by rhektor(m): 3:59am On Dec 24, 2016
DEXTROVERT:
Greatest
Ife.
I'm
Proud
To
Be
An
Alumni
Of
The
College
Of
Health
Science.

I
Don't know why this issue is generating a lots of public sympathy when there are clarification and evidence to prove..
Let her show the world her O level results if not she should be queried.

God
Bless
You
Sir

What nonsense is this one spewing out undecided
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by tomdon(m): 4:51am On Dec 24, 2016
The only issue here is one missing subject ie computer science. If that was added she would have conveniently made the merit mark.
Question is why was it omitted Who's responsible??
She also omitted it herself when uploading her waec subjects

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by slimmjohn(m): 5:29am On Dec 24, 2016
#Sigh.I'm short of words.I hope those who have lambasted this erudite Professor and likened this brouhaha to sentiment and tribalism in the previous thread can see this huge evidence to prove.
The factual fact is that the girl is just being unlucky.That is what we get when we have visionless leader.Only GOD can save we the youth in this country.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by nonjebose(m): 5:51am On Dec 24, 2016
I believe she was either over confident or not careful enough to ensuring that all subjects were reflected in schools portal. She would have mentioned any action taken to rectifying or clarifying her difficulty in uploading computer science. She could have even gone to the IT unit immediately to inquire or notify them. Considering that she is a student in the faculty, I expect she should have monitored events closely. That said, if there is any help the school can render, they should please do so.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Menzy86(m): 6:04am On Dec 24, 2016
cyberguy72:
OAU does not recognise Civic Education as a subject.Probably it wasn't used in the calculations. Correct me if am wrong. Abeg check my signature,join the winning group
Civic Education is one of d 'cross cutting' subjects introduced into sec sch curriculum by d ministry of education in 2011. I don't know if OAU is now bigger than d Fed Min of Edu.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by i4christ: 6:58am On Dec 24, 2016
OAU is culpable in this case. The result the lady was unable to upload was computer studies. Computer studies was not an option in the list of courses as at the time the lady was registering. I am sure if it was listed she would have included it. Why did OAU restrict her option by not including computer studies? At least they are to contact WAEC and include all subjects offered. OAU is the cause of her predicament. Yes, she uploaded 7 results because she was restricted.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by cyberguy72(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2016
sirqeeboi:

U are very wrong..civic education is compulsory for every student in nigeria. .2013 was the last set that did not do civic education in all lagos state public schools ,and other states have started doing it then and some private schools in lagos state. .the students in ss 2 then we're rushed with the curriculum so as to sit for it in their waec..it shows u Ave left the school system since 2012 and u don't ask ur younger siblings about their studies.
My friend am into Educational Consult,I know wot am talking.Even UI stated on their site during screening that most of these new subjects Wud not b used to calculate the post use scores.Subjects like Animal husbandry civic,marketing etc
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by babyfaceafrica: 7:21am On Dec 24, 2016
olutop:

If the school want 2 be strict and things shud v bn done normally, the lady in question wnt and can never be gvn an admission in oau again....once u are a student of a university you are nt entitled 2 write UTME into the same university again, ask any UI student abt dz
na today back dey yansh....make dem send am now.....better opportunities her way....you are making it sound they are doing her a favour...they are not!!!!!!
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by olutop(m): 7:42am On Dec 24, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
na today back dey yansh....make dem send am now.....better opportunities her way....you are making it sound they are doing her a favour...they are not!!!!!!
Nobody is doing any1 favour, am a graduate of oau and also a graduate frm dt same college of health sciences so many people av ad more dn dt without gtn admission, is nt like she was d only 1 with over 320 in medicine so she shud v knwn aw competitive it will be, derez no big deal in going 2 d computer center nd complain, ICT knt be relied upon everytym nt even in d developed world
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by olutop(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2016
i4christ:
OAU is culpable in this case. The result the lady was unable to upload was computer studies. Computer studies was not an option in the list of courses as at the time the lady was registering. I am sure if it was listed she would have included it. Why did OAU restrict her option by not including computer studies? At least they are to contact WAEC and include all subjects offered. OAU is the cause of her predicament. Yes, she uploaded 7 results because she was restricted.
Nd she kept it 2 hersef, if she ad bn a fresh jambite I wdnt v blamed her, computer centre is jst 3mins frm her present dept, dt shud v saved her alot of stress, all this social media pity knt do her anyfyn unless she walks to the provost office nd complain, d man is a reasonable man....I rememberd he 1nce made a call 4 my friend 2 d admission office wen he was gvn a dff course frm d 1 he chose nd d neccessary correction was made
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by jakesbaba: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2016
God bless u sir. She should register for d next utme.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by sakbio(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
The Professor needs to be commended and also the admission process of the school, OAU, u are different if all other public universities can be so transparent like this, I think the problem of this country wil be about 50 percent solved. The applicant is advised to try another JAMB and I am sure she wil make it by God grace. Well done Professor, u are a man of integrity, keep it up, the sky is ur limit. for the girl, I wish her best of luck

Adesegunfat:
Let me thank all OAU medical students and graduates who have called me over this matter.

I have taken the pain of extracting the results of Aror directly from the database - using screenprint so that everyone can see the evidences. She uploaded only 7 subjects, and her overall average is 75.2%.

If she has further issues, she is free to contact the University's Admissions office.

For others to judge if the attached documents are true or not, I encourage people to take a good look at her JAMB result print out - It reflects the same 7 subjects only, same calculation, and the same weighted average of 75.2%. Aror should please upload that document again for others to see.

I wish her well.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by sirqeeboi(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2016
cyberguy72:
My friend am into Educational Consult,I know wot am talking.Even UI stated on their site during screening that most of these new subjects Wud not b used to calculate the post use scores.Subjects like Animal husbandry civic,marketing etc

Hmmm..let me say u have a work to do as a consultant, if the higher institution are saying they are not using the new subject and some are compulsory for students. .it means that the higher institution regulatory body is not working in hand with the secondary body which is not fair to the aspirants. .so u the consultant should know how to communicate with the bodies. .if I studied a subject in secondary school and the institution now tells me that the subject is not relevance. .they both have to update one another. .

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by Unity19(m): 9:22am On Dec 24, 2016
fergieboy:
Why is everyone saying the provost did a good job.. Abeg they should give that poor gal admission joor.. Make the provost lie say him never collect bribe from any candidate wey no reach cut off mark ..

People like you would always believe others are corrupt like you. what if the provost says he never collected bribe before? I know you will never believe him because you believe, act and do corruption.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by adekaz777: 10:16am On Dec 24, 2016
Learning and culture i.e Ife, let the guy try other universities as she is not good enough for admission in Ife. she is 104 on the database and 100 are admitted. I remember its only Ife that has a grade "I'', u can score 68I instead of 68B, I is an incomplete result and it is a carryover, Incomplete may be because of not meeting up requisite attendance/practical. That's Great Ife for u.

1 Like

Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by INTERMAN: 11:14am On Dec 24, 2016
francisbiz:

It's unfortunate that corruption has become our way of life, submissions are only possible in a society were no strings are attached or less strings are attached.
Set up an audit panel to investigate that admission process, you would be definitely amazed at its findings.
If have gone to our law courts on corruption cases, you will see "American wonder". So brother take the provost submission with a pinch of salt.
If go schools handouts are prohibited, do you know what lecturers do? They ask the printer to bind the handouts and call them books.
Abeg we know who we are!
let me tell you man. Supplementary list is important. What if if this girl wrote another JAMB next yr and score a lower mark due to error or one thing or the other. Will you now tell me she no longer deserves medicine? No! Her commitment alone and her previous sad experience she faced before should make any professor to assist her to enter. That is one importance of supplementary list. It is for special people who score much lower than the cut off marks but were assisted based on their previous Jamb experience eg wrote JAMB 6 times without making it despite scoring 200 and above and so many other various convincing reason like passion for the course, behaviour etc. It is not only about book oooo.
Re: Breakdown Of The Result Of AROR OGHENERUKEVWE From The Database Of OAU by jgatherer(m): 6:42pm On Dec 24, 2016
easiest:
See poor waec result, how come she scored 320 in jamb, it worth to be questioned

That result is by no means poor...I'm guessing you had A1's all through in your O'levels ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Solve This Maths And Win #200 Any Network Of Your Choice Credit Card / Sex For Grade: Dr. Boniface Igbeneghu’s Facebook Page Stormed By Nigerians / Abolarin College Oke-Ila Osun Where Everything Is Free, King Teaches There!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.