Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,013 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:17 AM

Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times (9069 Views)

Poll: Is She?

Yes: 35% (42 votes)
No: 64% (75 votes)
This poll has ended

Top Nollywood Celebrity Se x Tape Surfaces On The Internet (Watch Video) / Omotola Is The Most Beautiful Actress To Grace The Nigerian Cinema ( Pics) / Charles Novia - Omotola Is Problematic And Difficult To Work With On-Set (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:19am On Nov 19, 2009
wow, no comment. tongue
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by naliakar: 3:01am On Nov 19, 2009
Listen Folks:

To begin with she brings physical presence in Nollywood. The lady has height, shape and tantalizing beauty. Did someone say the synonym for elegance is Omotola. How do you explain the truism that most people just look for Omo's picture to determine whether or not they will purchase the DVD.

Secondly, Omotola has the mastery to get into and interpret character in awesome ways that other actors all yearn they could but will never.

Thirdly, Omo does not have this -essiah thing around her. She is selfless and acts not as an individual but one championing common good. It is no coincidence that she has been the UN goodwill ambassador. I can assure you, outside 9ja, Omo is the face of Nollywwod.

lastly, who of all the female actors boasts of a stable. morally inclined marital life. She is way above every actor when issues of parental marital responsibility are concerns. When you talk about a "role model" in Nollywood any time anywhere and Omo's name invariably pops up.

In sum, Omo is the standard that all the other actors should aspire too. God bless her.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:05am On Nov 19, 2009
^^^
i didnt even read what you said.
cause we all know at the end of the day its OUR OPINION, and YOUR OPINION remains YOUR OPINION.
so trying to bring "facts" is not gonna help.
it depends on what you like and what you enjoy watching.
you might enjoy watching her while others dont.
the truth is you need to ACCEPT IT and move on with it.
not everyone is going to see things through your bird eye.
your glasses may be clear on you and blurry on someone else. thats just the way it is.
the same guy stalking me on all these threads "demanding" me to believe omo is just the best thing out there. lol
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:09am On Nov 19, 2009
okay i read it now.
your first point, opinion.
second point, opinion.
part of your third statement, opinion.
fourth point, opinion.
and your last statement, opinion.

i have no problem with that, smiley but those of us can all agree to disagree.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by naliakar: 3:53am On Nov 19, 2009
THE-AMAKA:

^^^

the same guy stalking me on all these threads "demanding" me to believe omo is just the best thing out there. lol

I started the thread like others do. How does it translate into stalking you?
Opinion yes and NO. Which is why I asked at the very beginning whether or not one agrees.
But you will not deny the fact that she is a UN goodwill ambassador.That at least is not an opinion.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by THEAMAKA3(f): 3:58am On Nov 19, 2009
naliakar:

I started the thread like others do. How does it translate into stalking you?
Opinion yes and NO. Which is why I asked at the very beginning whether or not one agrees.
But you will not deny the fact that she is a UN goodwill ambassador.That at least is not an opinion.
lol im not talking about this thread, im talking about other threads.
you werent exactly "stalking me" but you would pop up everywhere trying to convince everyone about omotola, including me.
but anywho. . .
also thats why i said "part of your third statement, opinion" cause that is fact that she is the UN goodwill ambassador.
thats what i said.
anyway, adios.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by otukpo(f): 8:13am On Nov 19, 2009
We are talking of beauty here. for all i know, she can be the most beatiful girl in Nigeria without being the Greatest Nollywood Celebrity of all times.

The poster is definitely dreaming for equating her with that title.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by rhymz(m): 8:26am On Nov 19, 2009
There they go again,'Omotola greatest Actress of all time' somebody is high on cheap chinese whiskey.Omotola is fine,that's where it ends,FINE! she is not even that famous as she's cracked up to be,I can give U ten very good actress who Omotola can't keep up with thier Pace when it comez to Skills,command of English Language.Omotola is fake with her accent and her grasp of english Language is just average.Am yet to see her move out of her comfort zone and do some good non-nollywood movies then we can consider her as one of the best let alone the greatest,Na BEANS,even if Na Beans e go take time to boil Na!
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by matiltomd(f): 9:34am On Nov 19, 2009
rhymz:

There they go again,'Omotola greatest Actress of all time' somebody is high on cheap chinese whiskey.Omotola is fine,that's where it ends,FINE! she is not even that famous as she's cracked up to be,I can give U ten very good actress who Omotola can't keep up with thier Pace when it comez to Skills,command of English Language.Omotola is fake with her accent and her grasp of english Language is just average.Am yet to see her move out of her comfort zone and do some good non-nollywood movies then we can consider her as one of the best let alone the greatest,Na BEANS,even if Na Beans e go take time to boil Na!

grin grin grin now that must be really awful,
but to be realistic, Omotola is a good actress, she's wonderful when it comes to interpreting her roles, she delivers well, i can actually remember her wayback in DayBreak with Emeka Ike and Olu Jacobs (that remains an all time classic). She's good and I'm sure a whole load of actresses that might want to compete with her grew up acting like Omotola in front of their mirrors.
But greatest Nollywood celebrity of all time? that can't be true because where is Nollywood Surulere i guess grin grin But the chick is good no doubt,
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by foyeks2001(f): 9:39am On Nov 19, 2009
naliakar:

Listen Folks:

To begin with she brings physical presence in Nollywood. The lady has height, shape and tantalizing beauty. Did someone say the synonym for elegance is Omotola. How do you explain the truism that most people just look for Omo's picture to determine whether or not they will purchase the DVD.

Secondly, Omotola has the mastery to get into and interpret character in awesome ways that other actors all yearn they could but will never.

Thirdly, Omo does not have this -essiah thing around her. She is selfless and acts not as an individual but one championing common good. It is no coincidence that she has been the UN goodwill ambassador. I can assure you, outside 9ja, Omo is the face of Nollywwod.

lastly, who of all the female actors boasts of a stable. morally inclined marital life. She is way above every actor when issues of parental marital responsibility are concerns. When you talk about a "role model" in Nollywood any time anywhere and Omo's name invariably pops up.

In sum, Omo is the standard that all the other actors should aspire too. God bless her.

who are u even praising like this sef??someone they dont even like within her neghboorhood within Iba jakande estate (i heard she is a snob,raises shoulder)
infact there is this yoruba movie named oyato that she acted(i hate that movie just because of the way she speaks her mothertongue, ajepako like her now fuming claiming ajebo)SCHEWWWWWWWWWWW
though av not seen her b4 but also i av not seen Stella Damasus b4 but av heard alot of good character she exhibit
omotola too dey fume so i heard
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by rhymz(m): 10:24am On Nov 19, 2009
@Maltitom
What is awful about my post Ma? Is the fact that her grasp of english is just ok or that she fakes her accent? Or that she is just a fine face and nothing extra ordinary?
Seriously,can U compare Omotola to the likes of Joke Silver,Genevieve,Uche Osetule,Stephanie Okereke,Bimbo Akintola,Stella Damascus and Rita Dominics.Am not interested in her fine face and the Omosexy mantra,am talking of theatrical skills,ability to take very challenging roles,not the usual "gov's daughter", "lover gal shit" and those other mediocre roles that doesn't bring the best outta U.As far as am concerned,Omotola is just another fine face in Nollywood nothing extra ordinary as per skillz.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by bigrod1: 11:19am On Nov 19, 2009
[size=16pt]@ matiltom_d
u have a very fine face.your face will be good for the screen (nollywood).[/size]

why they no choose u as the face of nairaland.u and maray too fine .
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by rhymz(m): 11:35am On Nov 19, 2009
Løøkz lyk sb's rod is talking, lol
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by nikkyadol: 11:58am On Nov 19, 2009
i think she is ok on her own. she try. but she is not the greatest. smiley
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by SeXyBoNE: 12:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
THEN, WHO IS THE GREATEST NOLLYWOOD CELEBRITY??
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by naliakar: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
[img][/img]

Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2009
you mean female celebrity? undecided
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by bigrod1: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2009
rhymz:

Løøkz lyk sb's rod is talking, lol

no no .seriously,the girl is fineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 19, 2009
she's one of the beauties nollywood has ever produced but come 2 greatest she doesn't fit in at all .
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by THEAMAKA3(f): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
facially she is okay. ive seen some movies of her with hardly any hair or makeup. "Blood Sister" for example. she didnt even look like half of what she looks like when wearing all her makeup and weave. i just think she has a good makeup artist.

rhymz:

@Maltitom
What is awful about my post Ma? Is the fact that her grasp of english is just ok or that she fakes her accent? Or that she is just a fine face and nothing extra ordinary?
Seriously,can U compare Omotola to the likes of Joke Silver,Genevieve,Uche Osetule,Stephanie Okereke,Bimbo Akintola,Stella Damascus and Rita Dominics.Am not interested in her fine face and the Omosexy mantra,am talking of theatrical skills,ability to take very challenging roles,not the usual "gov's daughter", "lover gal shit" and those other mediocre roles that doesn't bring the best outta U.As far as am concerned,Omotola is just another fine face in Nollywood nothing extra ordinary as per skillz.
yeah i agree.

let me quote myself.

"to be honest, i kinda avoid watching her movies as i know she will be playing the same role over and over again.
reason being she looks her age. she is a good actress and all, but i get bored watching her play the same roles. it has been so long since ive watched an omotola movie. maybe 6 months?
i would rather watch ini edo over her (i kinda like ini edo) cause she is more versatile as an actress.
ANOTHER reason why i think genny is a better actress. did you ever see the movie called "Two Together: Not To Be Loved" with genny and emeka ike? well that movie was really interesting.
genny at the age of 28 played a secondary school girl in the movie. and she looked the part and played the part really good. she is very versatile as her look is easily manipulated. thats why i think she is a better actress cause she can do so much with her look and she does it well.
omo on the other hand couldnt play a secondary school child because it wouldnt be believeable. she is kinda a mono-character person.
but anyway i dont want people to yab me to death because of my opinion.
if you think otherwise, thats okay."

thats my reason.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by younggurl(f): 4:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
omotola no, genevieve yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss,
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by rhymz(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Amaka
(LOL)For the first time I ve to agree with U on this,U re absolutely right.Omotola is very good looking and that's her undoing,she gets roles based on the fact that she's fine,a kinda stereotyped actress,it's either she's the president daughter or a fine successful lawyer or society woman or the usual pretty barren housewife whose mother in-law wont let her be until she gives her a grandchild and so the story goes.Like U said she will look very odd doing a sch gal.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by rhymz(m): 5:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
@Amaka
(LOL)For the first time I ve to agree with U on this,U re absolutely right.Omotola is very good looking and that's her undoing,she gets roles based on the fact that she's fine,a kinda stereotyped actress,it's either she's the president daughter or a fine successful lawyer or society woman or the usual pretty barren housewife whose mother in-law wont let her be until she gives her a grandchild and so the story goes.Like U said she will look very odd doing a sch gal.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by kobikwelu(m): 8:19pm On Nov 19, 2009
omowetin? angry

abeggiii

for the fact she is sexy, does not mean that she is the best nollywood actress of all time(HABA!!! are u on crack) shocked

as peeeps have rightly said, she is not versatile. she has rigid roles.

i wud rather watch iniedo,rita dominic anytime.

meanyl

how popular is she outside the shores of the country? compared to these women i have mentioned
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by Nobody: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
Overrated much? I rate Genevieve and Ini more.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by lemmycop: 11:31pm On Nov 19, 2009
She is fake.
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by naliakar: 11:54pm On Nov 19, 2009
One of her enduring great performance. Tell me which actor would pull this role off;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z32iWwTfNgo&feature=related
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by ahmakar(f): 12:37am On Nov 20, 2009
she is good bt nt d best
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by mamagee3(f): 2:35am On Nov 20, 2009
I personally do not agree with this one. wink
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by ikefor(m): 5:03am On Nov 20, 2009
Shes one of the best no doubt but does anyone know why her site has been down for a while @www.omotola.com
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by LDEE: 10:16am On Nov 20, 2009
hell no
Re: Omotola Is The Greatest Nollywood Celebrity Of All Times by Nobody: 10:23am On Nov 20, 2009
I'd say no.

She's an ok actress, but in Nollywood, I wouldn't place her in my top 10.

This is my opinion, of course, based on what I like watching.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Hilarious Photo Of The Day: Blue Ivy Vs North West On Kim K's New Nude Photo / Checkout Photo Of Bobrisky Without Make-up / Who Is The Hottest Sports Guy On The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.