Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,780 members, 7,831,511 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:59 PM

Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating (4744 Views)

"Buhari Lied About The Nigerian Army And Biafrans Comment" - FFK / It’s A Shame Nigerians Are Celebrating Christmas In Discomfort – Osinbajo / I Heard That Biafrans Are Protesting In Aba Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Nobody: 3:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Editor's note: Nnamdi Kanu, the director of Radio Biafra is being detained in Kuje prison as he faces charges on treason and other Crimes against the state.

In this opinion by Mike Ejoor, he points out that the Biafra leader even though he is greatly loved has not prevented Igbos from celebrating Christmas.

It’s Christmas day and Nnamdi Kanu is sitting in a cell in Kuje prison marking his second year celebration (or lack of it) in detention and this has not stopped Biafrans from going about their normal jubilation.

Opinion: the price of wanting to be a hero
From Nnewi to Abakaliki, from Asaba to Aba, from Umuahia to Nsukka, from Owerri to Onitsha, Christmas celebration is going on with full enjoyment. Those who love palm wine are enjoying it with fried meat. For those who prefer soft drink, it is available.

Some are celebrating the return of family members who have just returned from Lagos where they have gone to do business. In spite of the recession, Christmas is still the same joyful celebration in Igboland. Yet, Kanu sits lonely in a prison in Abuja.

I live in Enugu and saw the protest against President Muhammadu Buhari and the call for Biafra. The following day, people went about their normal duties looking for daily bread and minding their own business. That is how life is.

No matter how great a man is, he cannot be greater than a country and heaven will not fall if, God forbid Kanu dies in detention or spends the better part of his life in jail. Biafrans will embark on a protest but it will pass away and become history and people will still go about their normal duties. Markets in Igbo land may be closed for a few days but will open later. Igbo business men will still go about their business and Kanu will be spoken about in the past tense.

Kanu is spending another Christmas in prison and when we go to the church on the night of December 31, we will shoot banger and laugh with our friends and wish ourselves Happy New Year while Nnamdi Kanu will be in a cold cell.

No Igbo in the spirit of solidarity for Kanu stopped Christmas celebration in his house; no Igbo in the spirit of solidarity for Kanu refused to cook Jollof Rice and chicken; no Igbo in the spirit of solidarity for Kanu stay indoor all day to replicate Kanu’s time in prison. Only his family members particularly his wife will miss him the most in this time of festivity.

We love Nnamdi Kanu but we can’t love him more than we love ourselves. The bitter truth is that we are humans and we forget very quickly. Hopefully we will remember that Kanu is spending another Christmas in prison.

https://www.naij.com/1079313-opinion-price-wanting-a-hero.html

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by kingsamosy(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
grin Taking pills for anothers headache as usual.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by explorer250(m): 4:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
smh for you afonjas

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 4:14pm On Dec 25, 2016
Kanu is enjoying his stay in Kuje.. I'm sure he ate fried rice with fish today courtesy of Nigerian govt.. so his people should be happy

Sad part is.. he has not started his sentence yet and has spent two xmas already in kuje
I trust his kinsmen, dem go don Mount his wife tey tey dey pass am around

prisoner life no good

9 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Another write up to remind me of hate against Igbos ........ I believe God does not make mistakes

But Nigeria is one big assss mistake
Dats why her so called citizens suffer and beg to afford three square meal
Millions are out of work
And the naira is a tissue paper
Injustices strive in the land
Tribalism nepotism is the order of the day

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Aufbauh(m): 4:19pm On Dec 25, 2016
We love you Nnamdi Kanu but Kuje prison loves you more.... cheesy

Kanu never chi chumting yet. A commander that was captured before he declares war is called "prisoner of pre-war.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Stalwert: 4:20pm On Dec 25, 2016
Reading the response to the thread you can already tell the mental imbalance a lot of cownu worshipers experience.

6 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Xway(m): 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:
Another write up to remind me of hate against Igbos ........ I believe God does not make mistakes

Millions are out of work
It will happen like a movie.

I forbids the afonjas

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by kettykin: 4:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
Abiola, Obasanjo, Diya, Adisa, olarenwaju and all the Yoruba generals spent 5 years in prison with tinubu, ffk ,bola ige, Soyinka in exile but it didn't stop afonjas from eating ewedu during Xmas.

Nnamdi Kanu is not complaining about spending Xmas in jail why I'd Naij loosing sleep over another man's headache

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by KidsNEXTdoor: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opakan2:
Kanu is enjoying his stay in Kuje.. I'm sure he ate fried rice with fish today courtesy of Nigerian govt.. so his people should be happy

Sad part is.. he has not started his sentence yet and has spent two xmas already in kuje
I trust his kinsmen, dem go don Mount his wife tey tey dey pass am around

prisoner life no good

Why u sound like this is to spite the Igbos
Cos of hate and tribal and religious difference

But drum it into ur ears dat the people u love to spite at any given opportunity just wants to stay on their own
I know this will interest u
So let's make sure nothing concerns u and anything Igbo .... Separation is the key

7 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by kettykin: 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Millions are out of work

Nigeria's case Is a basket case, fulanis are busy slaughtering people and kidnapping people, there is no money in the ATM for people to withdraw, the incompetent government is contemplating increase the price of fuel and all the have time to do is deploy soldiers in the east and write about nnamdi Kanu spending Xmas in jail.

5 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by writetopoker: 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
afonjas are wicked creatures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DL3Zeup09bE

5 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 4:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:

Why u sound like this is to spite the Igbos
Cos of hate and tribal and religious difference

But drum it into ur ears dat the people u love to spite at any given opportunity just wants to stay on their own
I know this will interest u
So let's make sure nothing concerns u and anything Igbo .... Separation is the key

I'm not spiting anything na.. nawa o

let's even reason this matter, what will happen to igbos in the North if after all is set, you guys get ur dream country.. Those that have bought land, built houses they don't have in their village, what wilk happen to them?

or SW,.cos Eyo will close our border.. na only lagoon una go dey see.

The East wey una dey shout sef no develop.. your people are busy developing Lagos and the world. Is it good like that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by PedroJP(m): 4:32pm On Dec 25, 2016
Yes. Nnamdi us still in Prison and we've celebrated another xmas but the CInC of Nigeria can't visit some part of his country, a one time genetal at that.

7 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 4:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
kettykin:
Abiola, Obasanjo, Diya, Adisa, olarenwaju and all the Yoruba generals spent 5 years in prison with tinubu, ffk ,bola ige, Soyinka in exile but it didn't stop afonjas from eating ewedu during Xmas.

Nnamdi Kanu is not complaining about spending Xmas in jail why I'd Naij loosing sleep over another man's headache

lmao.. this really cracked me up

ikemba ojukwu was in exile for how many years again. please remind me
didn't stop the igbo nation from enjoying isi ewu and ogufe during xmas. or did it?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 4:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
PedroJP:
Yes. Nnamdi us still in Prison and we've celebrated another xmas but the CInC of Nigeria can't visit some part of his country, a one time genetal at that.

it's because he had pity on the igbo tribe..

shites own for small compared to what might have happened in SE.
Igbos better be careful to avoid genocide with the way you guys are instigating lawlessness all over the place

7 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by kettykin: 4:50pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opakan2:

lmao.. this really cracked me up

ikemba ojukwu was in exile for how many years again. please remind me
didn't stop the igbo nation from enjoying isi ewu and ogufe during xmas. or did it?
When Awolowo was given a life jail sentence in the 60s, that did not stop yorubas from doing owambe and eating ewedu.

When abiola was murdered by the military it didn't affect night life in Lagos, why will someone awaiting judgement be a slur on Xmas celebration for igbos

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by pazienza(m): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
kettykin:

When Awolowo was given a life jail sentence in the 60s, that did not stop yorubas from doing owambe and eating ewedu.

When abiola was murdered by the military it didn't affect night life in Lagos, why will someone awaiting judgement be a slur on Xmas celebration for igbos

You forgot to mention that he was given a lifetime exile term by IBB later, but decided instead to take exile on life itself by taking his own life.
Yet that never stopped afonjas from their owambe.

11 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 5:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
kettykin:

it's because you people are in a tight corner now.. after screaming biafrau.d upandan threatening to burn down Nigeria, here you are, dragging quality Lake rice with Lagosians, some have refused to go home for xmas out of fear they might not be allowed to come back

Kanu will beg at last buh I dnt think he will get pardoned

10 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by MrAdetunjiBayo: 5:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
We all know that this piece was written by we yoruba muslims who have been praying to Allah for Iboes to abandon Kanu, while kanu betrays the Ipob and embrace nigeria. This will keep oil flowing to us in oshogbo and prevent our parents from dying of hunger under their brown roof after queueing in lines at banks. Kanu must abandon Biafra. Insha allah grin

9 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 5:11pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:
We all know that this piece was written by we yoruba muslims who have been praying to Allah for Iboes to abandon Kanu, while kanu betrays the Ipob and embrace nigeria. This will keep oil flowing to us in oshogbo and prevent our parents from dying under their brown roof. Kanu must abandon Biafra. Insha allah grin

you no dey shame?
old man like you constituting nuisance all over nairaland with your oshogbo talk

person papa for that matter.. I tire for u

9 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by kettykin: 5:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opakan2:

it's because you people are in a tight corner now.. after screaming biafrau.d upandan threatening to burn down Nigeria, here you are, dragging quality Lake rice with Lagosians, some have refused to go home for xmas out of fear they might not be allowed to come back

Kanu will beg at last buh I dnt think he will get pardoned

Who is struggling for kebbi rice with you when all the while Anambra, enugu, Ebonyi and Abia has made locally produced rice available for the indigenes

10 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by EternalTruths: 5:21pm On Dec 25, 2016
The road to freedom is not easy but the glory of freedom is great cool

8 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by MrAdetunjiBayo: 5:27pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opakan2:

you no dey shame?
old man like you constituting nuisance all over nairaland with your oshogbo talk

person papa for that matter.. I tire for u

The truth is bitter my yoruba muslim brother.

8 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 5:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
kettykin:

Who is struggling for kebbi rice with you when all the while Anambra, enugu, Ebonyi and Abia has made locally produced rice available for the indigenes

which indigenes?

rice that ur governors are using for propaganda to get special status like Lagos.
why govt. had to setup checkpoints on the road to east before you guys kill yoirselves with plastic rice from China.

Try dey drink plenty water after consuming the rebagged 10 kg Anambra rice so you go fit empty your bowel later.
And don't play with candle so your stomach won't catch fire

8 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2016
kettykin:

These are what ipod youths typed three years ago calling afonja leaders cowards for suffering in d hands of hausa fulanis in prison.

Is your osu chestbeating's turn nw bro, Can u redeem ur image? We wanna see d braveness in you. With d way u people chestbeated ur flat chests, no one will ever think Nmadi kanu d president of biafra will spent an hour in hausa/fulani's jail tokless of 2years grin

But I'll let u knw there are more ipod yoots in Nigerian prison than any other tribe.

6 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Opakan2: 5:37pm On Dec 25, 2016
MrAdetunjiBayo:

The truth is bitter my yoruba muslim brother.

Chukwu Okike will help you sha..

by the time you realize the time you've wasted doing this, I hope ur people wnt be swearing for you.
yoruba muslim my foot

6 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by MrAdetunjiBayo: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opakan2:

Chukwu Okike will help you sha..

by the time you realize the time you've wasted doing this, I hope ur people wnt be swearing for you.
yoruba muslim my foot

Are you pained by my truth, my yoruba muslim brother?

Why do we have to change our muslim names like cowards when writing anti-biafran articles. Why are our people under brown roofs afraid of Biafra if not hunger? grin

8 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by KidsNEXTdoor: 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2016
Opakan2:

I'm not spiting anything na.. nawa o

let's even reason this matter, what will happen to igbos in the North if after all is set, you guys get ur dream country.. Those that have bought land, built houses they don't have in their village, what wilk happen to them?

or SW,.cos Eyo will close our border.. na only lagoon una go dey see.

The East wey una dey shout sef no develop.. your people are busy developing Lagos and the world. Is it good like that?
Am sure u weren't the one dat bought those properties for them
So don't bother yourself about dat
I have friends from Ghana and Benin republic dat has properties in Lagos .... It's not rocket science I guess....
So weep not for them

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by momentarylapse: 5:51pm On Dec 25, 2016
grin

Let the _moron sit down and rot in kuje! He is the ultimate buffoon for trying to instigate the seperation of a country that greater igbo men than him like azikiwe worked hard to bring together!

As for all these online ipob hate filled jugunu touts who will only come and be screaming afonja at me soon! Well scream all you want but remember I will be balling with _bitches and brew on the beach while your foolish mazi will be stuck munching beans for the forseeable future!

And lastly, _fuck all you eternally pained ipob online bastards!

**drops the microphone***

3 Likes

Re: Kanu Spends Another Christmas In Prison And Biafrans Are Celebrating by Malawian(m): 6:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
was there any Christmas goodwill message from Bubu?

(1) (2) (Reply)

You Can't Call Yourself A Nigerian After Watching These Pictures / JUST IN: President Buhari Flexing Out Of His Hotel Room In New York (PIX) / Press Release: Gov. Donald Duke Withdraws From The Presidential Race

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.