Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,342 members, 7,826,352 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) (46341 Views)

President Buhari Visits The Ikeja Bus Terminal In Lagos State (Photos & Video) / Charles Udoh Who Survived Reigners Church Building Collapse Recuperating (Photo) / See Photos Of Sen Akpabio Consoling Akwa Ibom Gov Over Church Building Collapse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
RyanMontana:

Source: http://toonaij.com/general-posts/breaking-graphic-photos-from-the-christmas-day-ikeja-police-college-building-collapse/
no comments with all the billions in the budget..well RIP..we shall all reap what we sow..needless to talk cuz its a complete waste of time some of the sympathizers will even fight you if you try to fault the people responsible.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Usernamesucks: 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Ikpangi:
More of that.Police too bad

No offense but where's your humanity sir? It could be you or me, you know.

ceejay80s:
Really sorry to say this but I have no remorse for the dead police

Speak good of people especially the dead. We shall all die someday.

1 Like

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by timidapsin(m): 8:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Are they dead? cry
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Henon: 8:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
Chai!!! On a day many families are celebrating, may God protect us and keep sorrow far away from us.
God pls console the bereaved.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Michoolu(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
Hmmmmmm another tragedy
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 8:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Michoolu(m): 8:58pm On Dec 25, 2016
ceejay80s:

They are still humans don't forget, police or not
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:00pm On Dec 25, 2016
Imagine the old building, Why won't it fall?

Rip to d dead
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by adedayourt(m): 9:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
Speechless
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 25, 2016
RIP
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
Just look at the dilapidated building!! I'm tired of this country!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 9:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
Michoolu:

They are still humans don't forget, police or not
Are we not humans when they treat us like animals?

1 Like

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Unimaginable123: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2016
ceejay80s:
don't say that please. Respect the dead
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 9:06pm On Dec 25, 2016
Usernamesucks:

No offense but where's your humanity sir? It could be you or me, you know.

Speak good of people especially the dead. We shall all die someday.

These guys are so bad and rotten that they don't care about u, they can kill u cos of ordinary 20naira

1 Like

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 9:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
Unimaginable123:
don't say that please. Respect the dead

Did anybody die? Respect who? Police? I have my opinion, u have urs
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:10pm On Dec 25, 2016
When we drive big jeeps and live in fine houses, then we expect the police to protect us from troubles. I have said it over and over again on this forum. Police work requires a patriotic individual. Pray for them. If this is the plain bullshit quaters you live in, will you happily go about protecting the lives of jeep driving public?
We easily ctiticize our police. I tell you, I cannot do their work o. i will not take a bullet for you. How much do they get paid?

Oneday, people will wise up, and stop tolerating this nonsense police lifestyle. They will demand more conditions of service. The government will not be able to respond and hence, we will ultimately have no more police. Then thives will roam freely. That day, you will regret ever criticizing any police of today. It is coming.

1 Like

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by poyet(m): 9:12pm On Dec 25, 2016
That is the police college GEJ visited years back and contracts were given for its renovation. It's still looking ramshackle, evincing to us that no renovation was done. Wahala dey oo!
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Nobody: 9:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
OkoYibo:
These are the living quarters of the men who protect us day and night.

They are handed obsolete weapons to confront armed robbers with sophisticated weapons without bulletproof jackets or body armour.

When they die, their families are saddled with the responsibility of burial expenses.

Their wives are forced to forfeit part of their late husband's entitlements before getting paid. In the alternative, they are forced to pay with sex.

Those unfortunate enough to retire from the police join the already frustrated queue of pensioners getting monthly punishment and not pensions from the government.

Instead of these foolish politicians, big men and civil servants to take care of policemen, they treat them like trash. They have forgotten that every Nigerian politician has at least a policeman attached to him or her. That policeman has an Ak47 and 30 rounds of bullets.

The day Nigeria is gonna get cleansed, the policemen have a very eminent role to play. One day, they are gonna get fed up and feed on those who have been feeding on them.
Until POLICEMEN start shooting and assassinating the Nigerian POLITICIANS they are attached to ,that's when I will believe that police is my friend.
RIP , to the departed

2 Likes

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by yinkslinks(m): 9:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Wicked leaders
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by bameyi(m): 9:30pm On Dec 25, 2016
To the dead may their soul rest in peace and their family may God grant them the strength to bear the lost. The wounded and survival I pray for quick recovery. That been said.

Our government need to wake up. Not when this things happen they rush to the rescue. What happened to prevent the incident in the first place. If you grew up in the barracks you will understand my next point thus building been there since the 60s and 70s ikeja cantonment, boni camp. And all others except for the few hand full barracks.

Before I go any further. If you a military officer, politicians government officials and you have proper and assert worth more than your career salary you are a thief and one of the reason why our society are like this cause fund met to maintain and reconstruct this government facility have been diverted into private pockets. As a result we see incident Like this happening.
So what do we tell this families, here is 100,000 naira and we sorry for your lost. Stop. maintain existing structure and replace those that can't be maintained.

You take this federal government allocation pocket the money for your selfish needs and when it happens they come out to the public and make a PR statements.

Look at GEJ Administration money meant for fighting BK pocket. OBJ lips service no significant structure to show for federal allocation to the barracks. Buhari is in there now let's say the money is used in fighting BK, but police allocation what have they used it for.

NIGERIA GOD HELP US!
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by MayorMgbedike(m): 9:36pm On Dec 25, 2016
sad
Dilapidated building. Lack of maintenance. Y won't it fall ? It didn't fall on time. Its collapse is long overdue I just hope that the Lagos state govt will take possession of the building and the Engineer arrested.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by GLOBALINF: 9:39pm On Dec 25, 2016
I know that block very well, so sad we have the most useless government on earth. I knew until someone dies in that block, govt will never show interest,
That block was last renovated in the 70's. There was a time that same building was shaken, all effort to call government attention to it prove abortive, the painful fact Is that every year, the nig police allocate funds for renovation of all barracks but some devil in human form will pocket the money and NOTHING will happen.
This is the time the press need do great investigative work an bring those murderers to book.
So sad this took lives but I'm happy the world will get to see the dungeon our police officers are living. The same officers we gave guns to so that they can protect us.
I can bet our prisons are far better than those barracks.
So when you see a policeman misbehaving, you should know where their anger emanate from.
God bless our nation and punish our corrupt leaders. sad sad

1 Like

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by klax(m): 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
So finally this building ends up killing people I knew one day that wrecked building will collapse if not renovated on time and it did happened.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by daududaniel(m): 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
So sad, my heart goes out to the families of all the deceased.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Mejor79(m): 9:40pm On Dec 25, 2016
Even if you give them the fund they will not rebuild the structures. T
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Usernamesucks: 9:41pm On Dec 25, 2016
ceejay80s:

These guys are so bad and rotten that they don't care about u, they can kill u cos of ordinary 20naira

I understand.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Mejor79(m): 9:42pm On Dec 25, 2016
Criminal minded idiots. Police will never be my friend let them all die at once, so we can rebuild the system

1 Like

Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by OkoYibo: 9:45pm On Dec 25, 2016
EVILFOREST:

Until POLICEMEN start shooting and assassinating the Nigerian POLITICIANS they are attached to ,that's when I will believe that police is my friend.
RIP , to the departed

That would be extreme breakdown of law and order. May it never gets to that as no one is safe either you or I.

Believe it or not, police is your friend. It's just that they are the largest collection of undisciplined people in Nigeria.
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by 1miccza: 9:46pm On Dec 25, 2016
This is sad. May their souls R . I . P
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by stanisbaratheon: 10:04pm On Dec 25, 2016
softwerk:
That building wasn't even fit for an animal to live in to be sincere in the first place.

Little wonder our policemen behave like animals when they unleash their bottled up frustrations on hapless citizens when on duty!

RIP to the dead, now their watch is over.

Never to die again!

Like seriously?
Re: The Ikeja Police College Building Collapse (Graphic Photos) by Respect55(m): 10:07pm On Dec 25, 2016
Why the building no go fall. Just look at the remaining pillars. And it is even a storey building.

Naija I hail thee

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Jonathan Is The Worst President Ever"- Sowore (Throwback) / Nigeria's Image Was Badly Damaged On Oprah Today! / Peter Obi Had Breakfast In Toronto, Canada With OBIdient Family (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.