Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,973 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:24 AM

See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm (35463 Views)

See The Monitor Lizard Caught In My Area This Morning (photos) / See The Monitor Lizard I Caught (pics Attached) / The Monitor Lizard And Snake Killed At A Construction Site (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by austino677(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2016
That frying pan though grin

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Nwodosis(m): 11:00am On Dec 28, 2016
The frying pan killed my appetite for the delicacy!

2 Likes

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by ogologoamu: 11:00am On Dec 28, 2016
Ironi:

WTF...so eat lizard with all that thick scaly skin?
Is it that bad in Nigeria?
I noticed Nigerians eat anything they come across.
Nigerians and Chinese are like 69.
This is why i flog people with my moniker, be very Kiaful
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Skelewu: 11:01am On Dec 28, 2016
zinny377:

Been wondering too!

Zinny love! grin How's nursing work these days?
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by faitheverest(f): 11:02am On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:
Hoping to catch more soon.

I noticed the 2nd hook is missing. Meaning another monitor lizard escaped with it, probably stuck in its jaws and may probably go and die somewhere.

You get mind oooo
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by millhouse: 11:07am On Dec 28, 2016
eat or be eaten
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by danthamccoy(m): 11:09am On Dec 28, 2016
engrjosefz:
Lizard is lizard, I have never seen or heard of a lizard going to school talk of becoming a MONITOR.
Bad English of NL mods...

SMH....
Oga ITK. A simple Google search would have saved you this embarrassment.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by ChukwuemekaVal(m): 11:15am On Dec 28, 2016
That your frying pan sef.....
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by degemstone(m): 11:16am On Dec 28, 2016
Some people go come here now they talk say dis na animal cruelty. when God substitute monitor lizard for chicken. #GodIsANigerian

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Vecto(m): 11:17am On Dec 28, 2016
PurestBoy:

That thing is poisonous, op is going to die soon.

No it's not poisonous. I've come across so many people who have been eating monitor lizards right from small and they're still hale, healthy, robust and fresh than you will ever be. grin
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Myself2(m): 11:19am On Dec 28, 2016
ct2:
why don't u get a better frying pan ,it look like frying pan from sambisa

Looks more like an old headpan
OP should've spared us the unpleasant and unsightly details of the roasting and cooking of the lizard.Yuuuuk
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Synthase(m): 11:21am On Dec 28, 2016
chumakk:
na your lizard grin leave human life out of this post. Animals are created to be eaten by humans and if you are unlucky, animals will eat you
I wonder o, I am tired of reading comments from all this conserve wildlife crew, something had been coming to my compound killing my chickens and other domestic animals and I was fortunate to kill it and these people some of whom had never left the shores of this country will be saying trash. These set of people will also ask me to conserve rats disturbing me in my house

2 Likes

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by potent5(m): 11:25am On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:
When I remember how much of my plantain it has devoured....

Frying with annoyance!!
This your pot nor get part 2.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by tyup(m): 11:26am On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:

Frying with annoyance!!

Lolzz boss small small na grin
sanyahkod:

Frying with annoyance!!

Lolzz boss small small na
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by prince049(m): 11:28am On Dec 28, 2016
I'm sorta new to this forum and I've seen A LOT of reptile like threads and people saying food is ready for lalastcala. I don't get it. Really cry
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by EmekaBlue(m): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2016
See d final packaging...person go chop no go know say na lizard
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by ArabMopol(m): 11:45am On Dec 28, 2016
the way this folks dey mention
Lalasticlala name for any thread that involve snake and reptile one day animal right agency will arrest him.... Lalasticlala one day u go chop person come think nah snake u chop
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by EmekaBlue(m): 11:47am On Dec 28, 2016
prince049:
I'm sorta new to this forum and I've seen A LOT of reptile like threads and people saying food is ready for lalastcala. I don't get it. Really cry
he is a pioneer on nairaland and love to move snake/reptile thread to front-page...so pple like referring snake threads to him

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by ireneony(f): 11:52am On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:
I would love to have a taste of it
grin ..

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 11:53am On Dec 28, 2016
Divay22:
Op was it sweet undecided undecided
Tastes just like bushmeat. I didn't notice any difference.

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by DonaldGenes(m): 11:55am On Dec 28, 2016
YhungPablo:
Pishure of u eating it or idonbilivit.

#Edited
Haha
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
biuti:

They don't taste weird, taste is different from look.

Lol.. You are very correct.

I enjoyed every bit of it to its bones. Just one taste will make one forget its weirdness.

2 Likes

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
Elo4:
men welcome to our crue "bear grills gang"

Bear Grylls all the way....!!
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
LorDBolton:
2017 sure sha
Nothing will make me quote idiots on NL...
Wild life this, wild life that.
People who haven't boarded local flight b4 talking about america.
lol
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:04pm On Dec 28, 2016
chumakk:
na your lizard grin leave human life out of this post. Animals are created to be eaten by humans and if you are unlucky, animals will eat you

I tire ooo. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Babysheart:
That your pot needs deliverance.

Chai... Na recession o my sister.

Nigeria itself needs deliverance.

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:08pm On Dec 28, 2016
Pidgin2:
I would love to have a taste of it
I will send you my address. *winks*

1 Like

Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
APCmyheart:

Bro set that trap well again oooo, You don't to buy meat of chicken for New year..

If yu catch 2 or 3 of this, I go show for your house..

Na to go rent canopy be that. Party don set.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
Vecto:

No it's not poisonous. I've come across so many people who have been eating monitor lizards right from small and they're still hale, healthy, robust and fresh than you will ever be. grin

This one na massacre o.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by sanyahkod(m): 12:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
Synthase:

I wonder o, I am tired of reading comments from all this conserve wildlife crew, something had been coming to my compound killing my chickens and other domestic animals and I was fortunate to kill it and these people some of whom had never left the shores of this country will be saying trash. These set of people will also ask me to conserve rats disturbing me in my house

Lol. Maybe they didn't see that I tagged it as a pest invading my plantain farm and eating my bunches. Make I enter gbese cos of these yeye animals?? Impossicant!!!
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
Must have been fed to Bingo.
Re: See The Monitor Lizard I Caught In My Farm by APCmyheart(m): 12:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
sanyahkod:

Na to go rent canopy be that. Party don set.

Na soo oooo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Share Your Frightening But Funny Stories / Transformer Explodes In Plateau Community, Many Feared Dead / Graphics Pics Of The Gas Explosion In Port-harcourt Two Days Ago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.