Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc (5165 Views)

"I Was Never Arrested By EFCC"- Akpabio / Kennedy Izuagbe, MD Of Saraki’s Company Declared Wanted By EFCC / Unveiling Our Next Charming, Brainy, Courageous 1st Lady Come May 29th 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by AloyEmeka6: 7:11am On Nov 19, 2009
EFCC storms Abia over N3.3bn scam - Goes after gov’s wife, commissioner
Lanre Adewole, Abuja
Wednesday, November 18, 2009

OPERATIVES of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) have been in Abia State since last week, in connection with an alleged N3.3 billion contract scam rocking the state.

http://odili.net/news/source/2009/nov/18/623.html

The commission’s spokesperson, Mr. Femi Babafemi, confirmed the presence of the operatives in the state, but declined comments on their mission.

It was, however, gathered from another source that the operatives were laying ambush for the wife of Governor Theodore Orji, Theresa; the state Commissioner for Works and Transport, Kalu Ogbuagu and another government functionary, Mrs. Agu Vivian.

Those being sought in connection with the alleged scam were said to have gone underground when they got wind of the presence of the operatives in the state.

The alleged scam was said to have been blown into the open by an American lady, Mrs. Miranda Nwadei, who was said to be married to a Nigerian.

The American, who is said to be a contractor to the state government, reportedly petitioned the anti-corruption agency, following an alleged underhand dealing in a N3.3 billion contract given her by the state government to supply 1,500 units of Chevrolet cars.

It was gathered that after the contract was signed, the wife of the governor allegedly called her to a meeting and requested that she should assist the first family in opening a coded bank account in the United States for the purpose of transferring money from Nigeria.

The American lady was said to have rejected the proposal, reportedly saying that the American government would jail her if she did so.

From this point, the state government reportedly started dragging its feet on the execution of the contract, with a source in EFCC saying that “they had no intention of getting her to supply any car; the contract was simply to siphon public money.”

Before the contract was sealed with her, it was said that she had been made to part with N11.8 million by the commissioner of transport under the guise of making her to pay contract fee which, according to the commission source, “had no documentation”.

The contractor was also said to have imported four units of the Chevrolet car and made them available to the state government as sample, with the governor’s wife reportedly collecting three of the cars while the fourth was said to have been collected by the commissioner.

The commission’s operatives were said to have recovered the car with the commissioner, while access was said to have been denied to the three with the governor’s wife.

It was when nothing was forthcoming from the state government despite the supply of sample and payment of contract fee that the American reportedly petitioned the anti-corruption agency.

The commission is also said to be probing the text messages exchanged among the governor, his wife and the American lady over the alleged proposal made to her on the opening of the coded account as well as the car supply contract.

According to the source, “The governor’s wife and others went underground immediately they got wind of our operatives’ presence in the state. We will continue to search for them until we get them.”
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by AloyEmeka6: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2009
If you know the whereabouts of this lady, please call EFCC. Bode George needs a girlfriend in kirikiri. wink
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by calyx: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2009
One of the dumbest reports i have read in a while. . .
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by skillworks(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Before the contract was sealed with her, it was said that she had been made to part with N11.8 million by the commissioner of transport under the guise of making her to pay contract fee which, according to the commission source, “had no documentation”.

The commission’s operatives were said to have recovered the car with the commissioner, while access was said to have been denied to the three with the governor’s wife.

It was when nothing was forthcoming from the state government despite the supply of sample and payment of contract fee that the American reportedly petitioned the anti-corruption agency.

this oyibo woman take style foolish ooo.

How do you explain a transaction of this magnitude without documentation? How could she have parted with such a large sum without any kind of receipt or something?

Abeg, I think there's another part to this story.

skillworks.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by paddylo1(m): 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2009
One of the dumbest reports i have read in a while. . .

how do u mean?, i can very clearly see how they wanted to pull off the scam

u see nowadays with obama around,its hard to do money laundering in europe or anywhere else,so they needed a front in america to open an account where they would transfer the money into

maybe them for contact me instead lol, (just kidding)

but yea they should go get that lady,i dont mind ppl in power chopping money,but do something while chopping,not siphoning a whole #3bln naira just like that
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by koolchicco: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

If you know the whereabouts of this lady, please call EFCC. Bode George needs a girlfriend in kirikiri. wink

For how much? e be like say u don dey work 4 EFCC Bros. undecided
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by tunde300us(m): 1:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
Crazy Country as usual.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Ajike: 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
The same old story January to December, 'bi won se ge won ni ika, na wo oruka' God! where are we going in this country? where? where?
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by SkyBlue1: 1:59pm On Nov 19, 2009
koolchicco:

For how much? e be like say u don dey work 4 EFCC Bros. undecided

I genuinely do hope you are joking if not it really is a big shame.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Nobody: 2:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
Tales. . .
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Escober92: 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
lmfao!!! I don tire for this country
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by lanlord(m): 2:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
guys if na una dis kind of opptinuty u no go chop
na 9ija we dey chop i chop
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by koolchicco: 2:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sky Blue:

I genuinely do hope you are joking if not it really is a big shame.

. .Couldn't fathom ur stance. Are u OK?
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Paulifendu(m): 2:40pm On Nov 19, 2009
Who ever that stupid lady is let EFCC catch her and jail her. Abians are so so stupid and foolish. Even if i m from abia, i want nothing to do with thr stupid politics. 3.3 Billion,how can. As long as Mama Orji and her stupid son is still in the picture,things will never go well for Abians.

EFCC,dont rest until u get dat bitch.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by johnkent(m): 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2009
skillworks:

this oyibo woman take style foolish ooo.

They never said she was white but american. Not all Americans are Caucasian and it is very insulting to be calling a black person Oyibo.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by echobee(f): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
holy moses
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by johnkent(m): 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
Paulifendu:

EFCC,dont rest until u get dat bitch.

Just remember that she is Innocent until found guilty. there's no reason to use the B word in this situation. I am in no way supporting their actions.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by SkyBlue1: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2009
koolchicco:

. .Couldn't fathom your stance. Are u OK?

So someone has to be working for the EFCC or bribed before they do something good for the country? If you really meant what you said then I don't really believe you have the moral justification to complain about anything in Nigeria, whether it is poor power supply, bad roads, dilapidating educational sector, corruption, etc. Can you now deduce my stance?
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by SkyBlue1: 2:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
lanlord:

guys if na una dis kind of opptinuty u no go chop
na 9ija we dey chop i chop

Speak for yourself, say you will chop without considering the collective good, say you would be corrupt, do not speak for others please. It is so annoying when people use such presumptions and generalisations as a justification for their own questionable moral stances.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by koolchicco: 2:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
^^Was just an off-side Joke 2 my guy (OP), ergo chill. cool
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by onyeokwuak(f): 3:31pm On Nov 19, 2009
This has been the tradition of the government of Abia state since 1999.There intention has been to go there and syphone the public money into there on pockets via forreign account.They have never had good vision for the state.They only want to make money and make name for themselves.Nothing to show.The state that practice 'Mamacracy' (ask me wat it means). The money they are looking for could be traced to the 'big mama'
Visionless, corrupt, nonsense government in Abia state since 1999
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by onyeokwuak(f): 3:32pm On Nov 19, 2009
Abia state is a case study
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by jamace(m): 3:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
EFCC well done! Ensure these (and any other) thieves see no peace. angry angry
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 19, 2009
Its high time efcc employed the services of native doctors to catch all these thieving politicians before they commit crime.Its becoming a daily affair
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by agitator: 4:20pm On Nov 19, 2009
If they (EFCC) pull this off, then there is hope for the oppressed. At least they are coming to their senses that not everyone of these looters have immunity. Once they can arrest and prosecute the fronts (ministeers, commissioners, family members etc) of those with immunity, the looting will definitely stop. We don't need any other miracle than this.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by mrperfect(m): 4:26pm On Nov 19, 2009
Let see how it goes.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by logsitics: 4:38pm On Nov 19, 2009
I know for sure she (1st lady) would come out and deny the fact. EFCC better do sth b4 Andoaka or what's is his defend or 'cover' her up, Niger ninja corruption na red sea, whao
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by bandely(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2009
Waiting for the final outcome
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Akuviv: 4:57pm On Nov 19, 2009
I'm not surprised at all,this is the tip of the iceberge. Go to Aba and you'll wonder if thers is a boy's scout in place not to mention a Government. The state is in shambles. Infact the roads are not motorable. We need not ask the reason for the poor or near absence of infrasture.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by semid4lyfe(m): 5:07pm On Nov 19, 2009
Another one don fall mugu.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by AloyEmeka6: 6:08pm On Nov 19, 2009
Women/wives should be careful because I think their politician husbands are using them to steal money from the government.
Re: Abia State 1st Lady Most Wanted By Efcc by Otobroto(f): 6:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
Merger this thread with an existing one here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-353681.0.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ogun G15 Lawmakers In Blood Oath Scandal / "ghollywood" And Nollywood Go To War / Igbos Claim to be Oyo State indigenes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.