Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,526 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? (2887 Views)

Breaking News: Hand Of God Appears In The Sky In The USA [see Photos] / Buhari Voted For Niger Republic Over Nigeria At OAU / Hoodlums May Take Over Nigeria – Afenifere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by deathadder(m): 12:57pm On Jan 11, 2007
Should America take control of Nigeria for a period to guide us in the right direction.

The Americans would maybe take some of our natural resources in payment but isn't this just what some of our own are doing at the moment?

At least the money would filter down eventually.

The corruption would not be tolerated and an infrastructure put in place to help our future.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by adewaleafolabi(m): 1:59pm On Jan 11, 2007
who says there's no corruption even in the us? lets try and understand the concept of corruption. the only difference between nigeria and the us is that national honours aren't given for being corrupt as this stench is widely celebrated in nigeria
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 2:01pm On Jan 11, 2007
That would only work if it was the will of 80% of the population.

Just think of all those McDonald's and Burger King restaurants. Even KFC would arrive in Nairaland! Then that would of course creates thousands of new Jobs in the Nigerian clothing sector as everybody would have to buy new trousers for their fat lardy American sized asses tongue tongue tongue

Good Idea grin grin grin
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by deathadder(m): 2:40pm On Jan 11, 2007
Dont misunderstand me. I understand you think the US is corrupt, I believe it is too!

The corruption is of a different type and indirectly benefits the people of the US.

Gettin stopped constantly when i drive to BENIN at the road blocks is making me MAD.

The fear of getting shot by a police man who is supposed to be there to protect us is more than i can put up with.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 2:42pm On Jan 11, 2007
@Deathadder

Allot of those same fears are valid in the USA as well, especially if you are black lipsrsealed
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by stranger12: 5:13pm On Jan 11, 2007
hell NO!

USA is not a good example of a good country. The only thing holding US together right now is a solid fabric based on lies and more lies. Lie about economic growth, lie about terrorism, lie about weapon of mass destruction. They even lie that the value of the dollar is improving.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by jerrymania(m): 11:27pm On Jan 11, 2007
Ah i would want Rwanda to take over Nigeria,
That will be so nice
tongue tongue
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by mamaput(f): 10:02am On Jan 12, 2007
Come do you know how the USA take over?
They first drop bombs on civilans.
I sometimes believe they believe in Phoenix arising from the ashes.
That is total destruction and then building up new.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by stranger12: 11:33am On Jan 12, 2007
mamaput:

Come do you know how the USA take over?
They first drop bombs on civilans.
I sometimes believe they believe in Phoenix arising from the ashes.
That is total destruction and then building up new.

The contracts they awarded in Iraq were fraudulent. The rebuilding of Iraq was payed for, but things went mushy mushy.

US is full of bullcrap. They do 419 on a very grand scale
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 3:48pm On Jan 13, 2007
Still does not make 419 right.

Sometimes things have to be burned to the ground before they can grow healthily again. An atomic bomb dropped on Iraq would solve allot of the current problems with controlling the different factions grin grin grin
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by kimba(m): 12:34am On Jan 14, 2007
Reverend:

Still does not make 419 right.

Sometimes things have to be burned to the ground before they can grow healthily again. An atomic bomb dropped on Iraq would solve allot of the current problems with controlling the different factions grin grin grin

An atomic bomb dropped on Iraq?

did you think about the lives that will be lost in the process, the innocent generations that will be turned to ashes?
you are not a serious person, and perhaps you want the same thing for Nigeria.

See, it will never happen. The U.S cannot even take over itself, talk less of Nigeria.

Let me say it this way: America cannot invade Nigeria. They cant make succeed on that note.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 10:05am On Jan 14, 2007
@Kimba

Why would the USA want to invade Nigeria?

As for the atom bomb, that was a joke smiley smiley smiley What I really meant was a biological nerve gas attack.

Then we could build a new Disney park in Iraq for the Middle East region. Just picture all those happy Iranian children's faces as they take a ride on the Saddam Mountain or the Terrorists of the Caribbean grin grin grin grin
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by mamaput(f): 10:09am On Jan 14, 2007
You forgot the MacDonald's,
Rev that man sitting on the Thorn is a mad man .
Never ask why a mad man dose what he dose.
Has he not already interfered in Nigeria telling them not to saluter the vise that ran away??
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 10:17am On Jan 14, 2007
@mamaput

It will be called McMuslim's and the hamburgers will explode when you bite them lipsrsealed
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by mamaput(f): 10:31am On Jan 14, 2007
you even forgot coca cola and chewing gum.
you see even you are cheating. what ever i home its not you that will get the contract to build up Nigeria.
You are forgetting too many things.
Jeans
Heinz ketchup
Argentina cow
Cocacola
even Elivs
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Horus(m): 2:08pm On Apr 09, 2007
Pakistan may make Nigeria a nuclear power

Pakistan yesterday offered to share military assistance, including "nuclear power" with Nigeria, in defiance of President George Bush's new counter-proliferation initiative.
The offer was announced by the Nigerian defence ministry in a statement saying that General Muhammad Aziz Khan, chairman of Pakistan's joint chiefs of staff, had made the offer to the Nigerian defence minister, Rabiu Kwankwaso, during a visit to the west African state's capital, Abuja.

"Speaking at the opening of the discussions, the Pakistani chairman of joint chiefs of staff ,  said that his country is working out the dynamics of how they can assist Nigeria's armed forces to strengthen its military capability and to acquire nuclear power," the Nigerian press release said. Neither the Pakistani nor the Nigerian governments clarified what Gen Khan had in mind.
The announcement is likely to provoke consternation in Washington, coming just a month after the mastermind behind Pakistan's nuclear weapons programme, Abdul Qadeer Khan, admitted publicly that he had run a black market in nuclear weapons materials.

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/pakistan/Story/0,2763,1161774,00.html
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by alabiyemmy(m): 2:22pm On Apr 09, 2007
Asking a sovereign nation to take over another sovereign nation is nothing but ill conceived argument that doesnt hold water in this current day world situation.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Reverend(m): 3:32pm On Apr 09, 2007
That is all we need, another unstable and unbalanced Country with nukes undecided undecided undecided
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Raymand(m): 4:07pm On Apr 09, 2007
@ Topic starter.

You're a fucken slowpoke for thinking such shit! idiots like you who keep kissing the white peoples hairy ass piss me off! angry CUNT!
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Hugoboi(m): 4:09pm On Apr 09, 2007
WORD!!
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Bustyn(m): 6:21pm On Apr 10, 2007
To the original poster, your idea is not as bad as these angry name callers want you to believe. Obviously they think that the way things are in Nigeria now are just fine. They don't mind the rampant corruption that exists. I guess they have the money to pay the constant bribes.

They are right, the system in the United States is bad. But, it is better than any other system that has been tried. I challenge any educated person to show me a country that treats its people better. You can say that black people are treated poorly, but I've never seen it. Those things existed in the past, long ago. Of course there are a few bigoted people in the country. That is one of the problems with having a free country. Idiots also have the freedom to say what they will. But we do not get away with bribing our officials, at least not openly. When people find out about it, the officials go to jail. Now tell me, is this how it works in Naija? Or do the officials openly demand payment, and on a daily basis?

The United States is not interested in taking over Nigeria, or any other country. But I'm sure they would be willing to assist, if the people in Nigeria would take a stand against their corrupt government. Before you say that the US has a government that is just as corrupt, I challenge you to first find one piece of evidence to support your arguement. Not just words, but proof. I can show lots of proof that corruption exists on a grand scale in Naija. Can you show me any proof that the same is true of the US?

Peace
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by ultrafem(f): 6:25pm On Apr 10, 2007
@topic
GOD forbid BAD TING angry
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by ashewo(m): 10:13pm On Apr 10, 2007
Its just like goin bac to slavery once again! Nigeria will surely grow, US was once as bad , if not worse than naija, shocked shocked
We will definately get there, Its just a lil more tim undecided undecidedthats all kiss
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Bustyn(m): 3:23pm On Apr 11, 2007
"Its just like goin bac to slavery once again! Nigeria will surely grow, US was once as bad , if not worse than naija, Shocked Shocked
We will definately get there, Its just a lil more tim Undecided undecidedthats all Kiss"

Another unsubstantiated claim. Just when was the US as bad? Do you have any historical evidence of that claim? Any proof at all? No one is saying that the US has not had its problems. But never in the history of that country was corruption as rampant as it now is in Nigeria.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Raymand(m): 9:37pm On Apr 11, 2007
. . .and what have YOU done about it, how many rallies and protests have you been a part of?! you idiots sit on asses and wait for foreigners to do your jobs! what? are they smarter than you? better than you in anyway?! stupid slaves! you all should go back to picking cotton for your white masters!! you just make me sick! angry
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Seun(m): 9:42pm On Apr 11, 2007
Calm down, brother Raymand. We all know that this is not going to happen. I will only support the taking over of Nigeria by the USA if all Nigerian citizens are granted the full rights and travel privileges of US citizens. wink
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by NINETOFIVE(m): 10:19pm On Apr 11, 2007
Another low self esteem thread .
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by toshmann(m): 12:50am On Apr 12, 2007
NINETOFIVE:

Another low self esteem thread .

i'll rather very stupid thread
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Hero(m): 1:29am On Apr 12, 2007
cheesy Bunch of Slaves.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by Ynot(m): 1:45am On Apr 12, 2007
Make una no crusify the guy. He's obviously frustrated with condition of things in Nigeria.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 11:02am On Apr 12, 2007
Never !!!!!!

No going back to Slavery.

Nigeria will get better.
Re: Should The USA Take Over Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 11:04am On Apr 12, 2007
ultrafem:

@topic
GOD forbid BAD TING angry

You get am well well

God no go allow Bad things happen again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

House Plans To Ban 1st Ladies From Using Siren / Yoruba Have Never Been One -awujale / Lagos Security Guards Risk Their Lives But Earn Peanuts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.