Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,202 members, 7,832,947 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers (23283 Views)

FG Approves 22 Firms To Takeover Meter Distribution From Discos (names) / Man Installs Windmill To Generate Electricity, Tired Of Nigeria's Erratic Power / Ebira Youth Congress (EYC) Protest Erratic Power Supply (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers by ayobase(m): 1:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
donguutti:
Thank you, ayobase for your comments. but then again your position is the default position of most Disco
employees , who blame consumers for all ills...

You are welcome Sir.

Well, I never blamed consumers for any ill, but been only imploring them to help curtail the staff (marketers) of frivolities and fraudulent act by reporting to the main office with proofs.

Some consumers are paying into some marketers' accounts, and among others.

donguutti:
On bypassing, why have most discos not utilized the new prepaid meters such as that used by Ikedc and Ekedc,
they are difficult to bypass unlike the older versions....

We have been installing some intelligent ones though, but I hope they absorb new and better technology if former is no longer capable.

donguutti:
On Estimated billing and Overbilling, I noticed you provided some information as to Feeder allocation time aka Load shedding
data, why have discos refused to make this info public? as it would expose over billing and reckless behaviour.The electricity
sector is Under monitored and its weird that you suggest monitoring by consumers and non monitoring by Discos...

We don't make load shedding schedule known to the public against vandals invitation.

Not making it known has nothing to do with reckless behaviour or over billing, since a consumer can easily compute what he/she has consumed within a month from the readings taken.

The electricity sector is not under monitored, but corruption as a result of exposure to opportunity to amass wealth illegally.

You can imagine a marketer furnishing a consumer with his account for bill payment.

donguutti:
In a former post you wrote

"

If Discos do not realize they are no longer Fully public but partially privatized(40% government interest), then they have
themselves to blame.Back Nitel failed to Monitor and effectively bill usage by customers, Mtn . Glo , etc did not
Guess which system won.

We have Power Regulating Bodies, and of which I can say AEDC is one of the best, if not the best for abiding by rules and regulations from those bodies.

I don't think AEDC might have given in to the request from Niger's last protest if Government's share is not involved.

Any loss from this exercise might be from the 40% - I'm just saying.
Re: Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers by ayobase(m): 3:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
zicoraads:
...and all I want is for AEDC to supply me power 24/7 and I'll pay for it. My family house in Minna here that area has been literally begging for a prepaid meter all to no avail. So I don't see how your analogy of this and a supermarket making much sense. Give us prepaid meters...give us power and we'll pay. If any one refuses to pay, cut them off!

Do you think AEDC manufactures power?

They buy from Transysco which also buys from Genco.

Transysco can't sell what they don't have. It will be the joy of AEDC to buy more to have more gains, but....

Most times Shiroro GENCO will call AEDC through Transysco to drop loads on emergency to avoiding system collapse as a result consumption being greater than allocation.

And AEDC controls 4 states - Abuja, Kogi, Nasarawa and Niger.

How do you expect AEDC to share 300MW of allocation to 4 states with 24/7 supply.

My brother, you better direct your bitterness to the government to do something about Genco and Transysco.

Even Transysco's weak infrastructure due to poor maintenance and upgrade can't evacuate more than 5000MW from Gencos.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

$25b: Nnpc’s Probe Likely As Buhari Meets Kachikwu / Aisha Buhari Hosts Women Leaders From All 36 States Of Nigeria (Photos) / Ekiti Will Produce President For Nigeria In 2023 - Afenifere

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.