Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,569 members, 7,820,049 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:02 AM

Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline (58100 Views)

Yusuf Buratai Buried In Maiduguri (Photos) / Buhari Blaming Since 1984 - Twitter User Shares Jan '84 Sunday Herald Headline / Gidado Idris Dies & Buried. Atiku Abubakar Attends Burial (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by EbolaParasite: 5:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nma27:
In Primary school then.

If you see me for road, please don't say hi or hello. Say Good Afternoon Sir. Some of us don get pikin dat time.... grin
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by ajepako(f): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
yinkslinks:
Did dey kiss too?

Naah..just hugs and happiness everywhere..

You know..the mood Nigeria is whenever we win a football match...

grin grin grin grin
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Shome36(m): 5:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is undoubtedly the most useless post I've ever come across on Nairaland.....

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by TomiZurs: 5:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
GOOD NEWS!!! "You Can Now Finally Get Rid Of All Forms Of Infertility Problems And Get Pregnant Within The Shortest Possible Time

Now You Have No Excuse Not To Conceive 
Your Babies After Getting This Solution..All you have to do is visit the link below for full details http://www.evergreenhealthways.com.ng/mmfertility.html or call/WhatsApp 07036340883
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by TomiZurs: 5:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
GOOD NEWS!!! "You Can Now Finally Get Rid Of All Forms Of Infertility Problems And Get Pregnant Within The Shortest Possible Time

Now You Have No Excuse Not To Conceive 
Your Babies After Getting This Solution..All you have to do is visit the link below for full details 07036340883
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by aalangel(f): 5:39pm On Dec 29, 2016
Plus234:

that was the reason for the rejoice and not that they hate abacha so much

I guess so.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by obataokenwa(m): 5:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
I can remember vividly how we gave God thanks for prayer answered.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by iamdannyfc(m): 5:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
okay!
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by nextstep(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Aside human rights violation, Nigeria was far better under him compared to now

I want to agree, but I remember things were really really hard under him, even economically.

But to me, freedom of expression and freedom to live without harassment is most important. From that, economic prosperity will flow.

Even as things are now, very few will want to go back to those dark days.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by CRAPHA96(m): 5:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
ercel:
What does this post exactly set out to achieve,wishing President Buhari death or what?
What is the meaning of 'will you like to see more of this?'
Note: Be careful what you wish others cause you might just be the recipient!
hey op didn't wish. Buharia death rather u re the culprit...but even if he's wishing him death No wahala....ABI E NO GO SWEET U SAY HISTORY REPEAT AGAIN grin ANOTHER TRIBAL BIGOTRY JOINING HIS ANCESTORS angry[color=#990000][/color] grin
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by chikason68(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
ercel:
What does this post exactly set out to achieve,wishing President Buhari death or what?
What is the meaning of 'will you like to see more of this?'
Note: Be careful what you wish others cause you might just be the recipient!
The masses are suffering. The last time things were like this was during the regime of Abacha, thanks to the apple girl. Seems like BUBU likes cucumber, and him must chop am like Abacha!
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bejeria101(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:

It was better o! Inflation was a single digit,fuel was available. It was way better.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by truthspeaks: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
U just tabled how naturally black the African mind is. Kudos
ademega:

To see more of this like death of head of state or military taken over??
In this country we are all like the MMM situation. When we see that some people are doing well in a thing we always wish at the corner of our heart that that thing stop progressing. When evil people thought in their foolish thinking that mmm crashed.. They were jubilating, thanking God, spreading the rumor more than the media and even calling people to take heart as if they care.
Why do we always wish our fellow bad??
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by kamalcole3000: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
dukie25:
Where's the headline when olodo Buhari said Abacha did not steal one naira? That's the headline I like to see again and again.
"Abacha did not steal Nigeria's money,he only collected some for personal use!"-Buhaha

2 Likes

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by rozayx5(m): 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Life4Varnity:

Doing what in Tanzania

foreign service
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Cletus77(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
z dat the Apple man?

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by ACE1010: 5:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nma27:
In Primary school then.
Guy, you be small boy oo!!
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by nnokwa042(m): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
boborosky:
The fall of one of Africa's greatest tyrants. This man was a problem to all. A national issue. Every one rejoiced and celebrated at the break of the news. It appeared God had answered the prayer of the people.

Sometimes I wonder if anyone would have been able to oust him from the seat of power if he hadn't died "misteriously".
not every body only afonja people celebrated thinking abiola will become naija president so dont say every tribe celebrate his death besides can i say all Naija people mourn ojukwu? No, only his tribes men mourned him , so mr dont sell this everyone to us

1 Like

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sweetguy25:
I was almost 9 years old then, I remember people celebrating and I also remember watching his funeral on NTA. His corpse was being carried on a mat when he about to be interred. Thats all I can remember.

The next I can remember was Obasanjo being president. It happened so fast

waow.. i am so old
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by hucienda: 6:11pm On Dec 29, 2016
Forty Naira. 9 June 1998.

Once upon a time when the currency was relatively valuable.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by bossoflife(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by tussmal(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
nnokwa042:
not every body only afonja people celebrated thinking abiola will become naija president so dont say every tribe celebrate his death besides can i say all Naija people mourn ojukwu? No, only his tribes men mourned him , so mr dont sell this everyone to us

I was in Kaduna then and people celebrated his death. I wonder why we are always shy to condemn the wrong doings of our kinsmen. It does not matter you an Hausa Fulani, don't forget we all came from a source hence Abacha was a brother to meblike he was perhaps ur own dad then. But honestly it was sigh of relief for the whole nation.

Arguably a tyrant but with a discipline exonomic stance. Dollar was stable like it is in Dubai and many other good economy since heaven knows when.

Naija will be great again. No condemnation, but we believe God will take us there not with complacency, we must strive for it and the time is now. Fiscal regionalism is the key to a better federal state.

2 Likes

Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by dyangprof(m): 6:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Abacha...
bachabacha
dat man was a badooooo of blood
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by madjune(m): 6:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
Year 3 in the University then.

Early days of Rhythm Fm and their jazzy news signature tune.
They repeated the news every 3mins all day long.

People were dancing on every street in Lagos.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Mbediogu(m): 6:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
LordVale:
Where were you when we had this headline? Would you love to see more of this?

Empires rise and fall. How time flies. May he rest in peace.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by onyeawka80(m): 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=Nma27 post=52364550]In Primary school u must be a small boy[quote author=Nma27 post=52364550]In Primary school u must be a small boy[quote author=Nma27 post=52364550]In Primary school u must be a small boy
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Mbediogu(m): 6:42pm On Dec 29, 2016
Sweetguy25 post=5were2364575:
I was almost 9 years old then, I remember people celebrating and I also remember watching his funeral on NTA. His corpse was being carried on a mat when he about to be interred. Thats all I can remember.

The next I can remember was Obasanjo being president. It happened so fast

things were not that fast o o. There was Abdulsalam Abubakar in between Abacha and OBJ. I see u were really young then. Cheers.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Nobody: 6:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
The news got to my area at about past six in the evening that day,see rejoicing for area
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by thinkative: 6:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
you forgot to add looting and cold blooded murders.
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by trumpclinton247: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
Cousim:
Buhari 74...resigns as President of Nigeria
.......IMPEACHED NOT RESIGN...fura no go allow him.....NASS do the needful if you people are not FANTASTICALLY corrupt
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by Duchess500(f): 6:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Oliviaarims:
undecided
Olivia do and resume jhoor grin
Re: Abacha, 54, Dies, Buried In Kano - Throwback Guardian Newspaper Headline by thinkative: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
bejeria101:

It was better o! Inflation was a single digit,fuel was available. It was way better.
nah! fuel was scarce in my area oo. we invented abacha stove, with saw dust and fuel.
and I remember people were afraid. things were tense
most crucially , the man turned out to be a common thief
good riddance!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari Wins Sokoto Govt House, Sultan’s Palace / A New Force Tries To Dismantle The Cabal In Aso Rock - The Nation / Okija Shrine: No Longer A Bee-hive Of Activities For Politicians (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.