Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,228 members, 7,815,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

The Truth About Sabisa Forest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Truth About Sabisa Forest (1128 Views)

Boko Haram Releases A Propaganda Footage Of Life In Sambisa Forest. Photos / Buratai Leads FG Delegates To Sambisa Forest. Photos / White Man Arrested In Sambisa Forest!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Truth About Sabisa Forest by femivvita: 7:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
Read the fact and what the fall of sabisa forest means http://www.naijajournals.com/2016/12/book-haram-and-it-moves.html
Re: The Truth About Sabisa Forest by WizBLANCE(m): 7:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
I read to the end... And can't agree more with it but many will not see beyond their scope (lie Muhammad).
Re: The Truth About Sabisa Forest by femivvita: 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Yeah, you are on track
WizBLANCE:
I read to the end... And can't agree more with it but many will not see beyond their scope (lie Muhammad).
Re: The Truth About Sabisa Forest by femivvita: 8:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
WizBLANCE:
hope you drop your comments on the blog too
Re: The Truth About Sabisa Forest by freeze001(f): 8:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
The Boko Haram defeat announcement feels like déjà vu except that the language has been changed from “technically defeated” to “effectively defeated.” For a war that has taken seven years, is this how it all ends? Why not address the nation properly instead of pushing a terse press release and later sending an aide to “clarify” the details? For instance, what does this land reclamation truly mean in the battle against Boko Haram? Shortly before Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s government was voted out, the Army also conducted operations that retrieved territories from Boko Haram but the war has raged on. That means a loss of spatial territory by the terrorists does not automatically translate into a loss of ideological grounds as well. We also know that Boko Haram has extended its operational tentacles into neighbouring countries like Chad and Niger Republic from where they crisscross into Nigeria to unleash deadly violence. What does this victory mean for the border crossers?

We should also know how the Operation Lafiya Dole that ended in the Army occupation of Boko Haram was conducted. What exactly happened? The stories being bandied around in the media are full of “dem say, dem say” reports revealed by faceless figures, why is the Army not giving a reliable account of what went down in Sambisa forest? “They” said they arrested terrorists. How many of them and who were they? There was another report of a “white” man found in Sambisa forest but up till now, there has been no name or picture of him released. Who is he? I acknowledge that the Army cannot release every piece of information yet but they cannot also be merely sketchy and expect us to accept their words as verity.

For years, it has been insinuated that Abubakar Shekau- whose ancestry remains a mystery – lives in Sambisa. Now that the terrorists’ Camp Zero has fallen, where are he and his lieutenants? How many of them were arrested? What is Nigeria’s plan for justice for them?
After Osama bin Laden had been killed, we were at least allowed to see his abode and also learnt how he had managed to hide from the United States’ panoptical lens for years. So, what of Shekau’s abode and what can the items retrieved from the camp tell us about the way he lived? No, I am not merely asking these simply because I am a Viewer, I think the public deserves to know considering that we have been deceived about his death at least twice. If Shekau truly died this time, how did they verify his final death? Do they have his DNA stored to cross match with whomever they killed? The Nigerian Army has credibility issues where Boko Haram victories are concerned and merely issuing press release is not going to fly. The Nigerian Army – for too long, a coup-making propaganda machine – has not been straightforward.

We were told that a Boko Haram terrorist was arrested in Ikorodu, Lagos, and that Nigerians should watch out for more of them trying to mingle with civilian population. Did he escape from Sambisa Forest and somehow ended up in Lagos within 48 hours of Camp Zero being breached? Lai Mohammed, the information minister, said if Nigerians “see something” they should “say something.” The problem with his vague charge is that he is more or less asking Nigerians to chase phantoms on his behalf. How do we know who Boko Haram members are when they have not provided identifying information that can help our sense of vigilance? Who and what are we to look out for? We see something every day but how are we supposed to know when to say something?

Nigerians will also like to know what the recapture of Sambisa Forest means going forward? Aside from the Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, and his future plans of despoiling the nature reserve, there should be other discussions of how Boko Haram defeat will impact the humungous sums earmarked for militancy and insurgency in the 2017 budget. What does the Nigerian Army’s “effective victory” mean to the IDPs who have lost their homes and are now being raped in almost every imaginable way by members of the present administration?
With similar predators in high places, will the IDPs go home or their predicament remains a money-making source for “Ogas at the top”? These are a few of the questions that are on my mind for now as regards the Sambisa re-occupation. I am curious to know how they can claim to have won such a major battle, an entire terrorist enclave pillaged, and we are required to just believe without proof even though the same government has been lying to us for two years? They owe us more than celebratory press releases; we need both explanations and projections into what a post-Boko Haram Nigeria would look like.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Truth About Sabisa Forest by femivvita: 8:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
freeze001:

please guys why not drop comments on the blog
We are begging
Re: The Truth About Sabisa Forest by GMBuhari: 9:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lol

(1) (Reply)

A Battalion Of Fulani Cows Invaded Farm And Chop Rice In Anambra / Federal Ministry Of Power, Works And Housing Not Frustrating Ambode Or His Govt / Why Has Fayose Refuse To Talk Or React To Buhari Return?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.