Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,456 members, 7,958,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:17 PM

Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" (32429 Views)

Pastor, Funke Adejumo Teaches Women How To Be Sexy For Their Husbands At Night / Modern Age Feminists Are Disguised Lazy Women: Miss Cokie / Man Teaches His Little Sons How To Smoke Sisha, Gets Blasted, He Fires Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Nobody: 10:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl:
azzin, she doesn't even understand the many paths feminism opened up for her.

She wouldn't even have a Job if not for feminism....feminism has been fighting and is still fighting to end sexual harassment of female staff in their places of work.

If not for feminism, she wouldn't even get the chance to find a man she's compatible with and marry him. Her father and brothers would just sell her to the highest bidder.

If not for feminism, aunty wouldn't even have this voice she's abusing on social media.

I recall you telling me back then on WhatsApp that you didn't believe women and men were equals, and that feminism was errant nonsense.

What happened? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by cococandy(f): 10:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
bukatyne:

It seems this is 2016 year end trend.

really
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kaboninc(m): 10:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
dealslip:

I will take it from the last statement, how do you know I will automatically expect you to lead me. I was brought by a man called Tai Solarin a renowned Aethist. He didn't accept any excuses because of gender. We were taught to be self reliant and learn how to take care of yourself whether we are alone or with any man. If I was a navy officer why would I expect a novice like you to drive me. I can change my tyres, I can gauge my oil, I can do push ups why on earth do I need a man to help me. Value, Interest is what should lead a relationship and mutual respect. All this man is higher or lower is sickening. I must say the difference between climes where women are accepted and seen as equal is glaring compared to Africa were we have lazy men still expecting their wives to do everything for them and still be expecting her to also contribute her income. I say Africa is backward because women are treated so badly.

No dear, Africa is backwards not because of how women are treated but how we treat ourselves. That's another discus for another day.

You've missed the point again. Personally, I don't know how to drive. You're an expert in that. I give you that.

You can change tyres, do push ups, push a truck and do all other manly things. Fine.

However, when it comes to the home, between you and your husband, my dear he's your captain. He's your leader. He's your head. And there's nothing anyone can do about that. In your home, there's a reason you see your father as the head and not your mother.

If you take a sample of naval officers what would be the percentage of women compared to men?

I said sometime here on this forum that most people (sadly including you) do not understand the true meaning of feminism. Feminism is not about challenging men. It's not about arguing with a man who should take charge. It is about creating opportunities for both genders to succeed in life. As much as you educate a boy child, so should be the same for the girl child. As much as a boy child is allowed to pursue his dreams, so should a girl child. As men are allowed to vote, women should be allowed to choose who their political leader would be.

Yet, that does not remove the natural leadership role entrusted on a man in a home.

Lastly, are you married? If yes, do you expect your husband to man up and take up the leadership role in your home? If you answer in the negative, then we might as well agree to disagree.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dabraska: 10:37pm On Dec 30, 2016
"Chauvinism is the same as, rather than the opposite of feminism. If feminism was really about equal treatment of the genders, it would be called humanism or equalism. There is no opposite to feminism in existence. That's part of the problem.

Well this is the result from the Google search for opposite of feminism.

If you are feminist, fight for equal opportunities for women. Don't come here and talk about why men must take up responsiblities at home. It is your responsibility.

I'll repeat it again. Marriage is not based on two equal people loving themselves. It's about one complimenting the other. If you are okay with gays and lesbians openly getting married. Then I have no argument with you. But if you oppose that and then you come here to say that women should be equal to men. What
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Lihyunpark(m): 10:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
;Dlol all this ladies fighting for gender equality under the umbrella of feminism..... kiss if you like go to white house to protest....it is the will of God for men to be head over women and noting will never change that
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dealslip(f): 10:45pm On Dec 30, 2016
kaboninc:

No dear, Africa is backwards not because of how women are treated but how we treat ourselves. That's another discus for another day.

You've missed the point again. Personally, I don't know how to drive. You're an expert in that. I give you that.

You can change tyres, do push ups, push a truck and do all other manly things. Fine.

However, when it comes to the home, between you and your husband, my dear he's your captain. He's your leader. He's your head. And there's nothing anyone can do about that. In your home, there's a reason you see your father as the head and not your mother.

If you take a sample of naval officers what would be the percentage of women compared to men?

I said sometime here on this forum that most people (sadly including you) do not understand the true meaning of feminism. Feminism is not about challenging men. It's not about arguing with a man who should take charge. It is about creating opportunities for both genders to succeed in life. As much as you educate a boy child, so should be the same for the girl child. As much as a boy child is allowed to pursue his dreams, so should a girl child. As men are allowed to vote, women should be allowed to choose who their political leader would be.

Yet, that does not remove the natural leadership role entrusted on a man in a home.

Lastly, are you married? If yes, do you expect your husband to man up and take up the leadership role in your home? If you answer in the negative, then we might as well agree to disagree.

Because I didn't correct the notion you have doesn't mean, I agree with you on the subject I am talking about. My response is to the tweet of discussion. We are not wired the same way. I come from a background where women are regarded as equal and are given opportunity to thrive and soar. I am equally married to that kind of man, who are willing to work as a team not some fool just seeking authority despite not been qualified emotionally, spiritually, financially, and psychologically. That is why I told you it is value, interest and mutual respect that guides a relationship. I am proud of the men in my live they have emancipated themselves to a very respectable level.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Nobody: 10:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
Dealslip, your arguments thus far have been quite incisive - deep ratiocination swizzled with an enviable mastery of rhetoric.

I'm really enjoying the way you're cleaning that dude's clocks. grin

Atta girl!

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dealslip(f): 10:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:
Dealslip, your arguments thus far are quite incisive - deep ratiocination swizzled with an enviable mastery of rhetoric.

I'm really enjoying the way your clean that dude's clocks. grin

Atta girl!

Thanks jare, this thing is becoming irritating. That is why Africa is 100 years behind their mates. The men there only bare their fangs on women. Claiming superiority when most of them aren't even qualified to lead a pack of chickens. A lot of them are dumb mentally, financially, emotionally and even spiritually. Most African men are barely out of puberty.

7 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Lihyunpark(m): 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
dealslip:

Because I didn't correct the notion you have doesn't mean, I agree with you on the subject I am talking about. My response is to the tweet of discussion. We are not wired the same way. I come from a background where women are regarded as equal and are given opportunity to thrive and soar. I am equally married to that kind of man, who are willing to work as a team not some fool just seeking authority despite not been qualified emotionally, spiritually, financially, and psychologically. That is why I told you it is value, interest and mutual respect that guides a relationship. I am proud of the men in my live they have emancipated themselves to a very respectable level.

you are getting it all wrong dear no man is disputing mutual respect and no one is saying what is good for the goose is not good for the gander...you have the wright to go to school and fufil your heart desires and if your husband has the wright to drive cars, work, build houses you also have the right but a man will always be the head over a woman and a husband, and a father.. You have the right to what every man has the right to but you can never have EQUALITY! Take it or leave it
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dabraska: 11:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lool. I laugh my head off when I hear ladies talk about how lazy and less intelligent men are.

If you have a boss at the workplace. Even though you are smarter than him, does that make you share same responsibilities with him? Complaining to yourself and a few loved ones will earn you the comfort that you so deserve but he's your boss. You could be higher than him in all levels but hey! He's your boss.

The true feminists are actually submissive to their husbands. They just want equal opportunities. No carry fire for your head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dealslip(f): 11:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lihyunpark:

you are getting it all wrong dear no man is disputing mutual respect and no one is saying what is good for the goose is not good for the gander...you have the wright to go to school and fufil your heart desires and if your husband has the wright to drive cars, work, build houses you also have the right but a man will always be the head over a woman and a husbad, and a father..you have the right to what every man has the right to but you can have EQUALITY! Take it or leave it

Honestly, All of this is just an opinion you cherish, I don't believe in it and I don't indulge in it, a man is not head over a woman period. You guys are just in love with an age long culture which is not different from the oneMary Slessor came to abolish. I wonder where you got this authority from. Please don't say the bible because the bible doesn't support this.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Lihyunpark(m): 11:23pm On Dec 30, 2016
[quote author=dealslip post=52406543]

Honestly, All of this is just an opinion you cherish, I don't believe in it and I don't indulge in it, a man is not head over a woman period. You guys are just in love with an age long culture which is not different from thecibe Mary Slessor camecto abolish. I wonder where you got this authority from. Please don't say the bible because the bible doesn't support this.[/quote

lol....do you read your bible at all or do you want to become an athiest because you just dont want to accept reality and what can not change
1 Corinthians 11:3 But I want you to understand that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God. Also the bible said
Ephesians 5:24 Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything.... go through this last verse and tell me what you feel about the bible...he asked you to be submisive and not claim EQUALITY!

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Nobody: 11:27pm On Dec 30, 2016
dealslip:

Thanks jare, this thing is becoming irritating. That is why Africa is 100 years behind their mates. The men there only bare their fangs on women.

Well, it's not exclusive to Africa alone. It's only more pronounced here than in say Europe and America.

Claiming superiority when most of them aren't even qualified to lead a pack of chickens. A lot of them are dumb mentally, financially, emotionally and even spiritually. Most African men are barely out of puberty.

Wicked! grin

Even a broke-äss insignificant cockroach who's barely out of leading-strings would expect to be worshipped by a woman who has plowed through hell and high water to achieve success, all because society's planted it in his head that the mere fact that he has a phallûs makes him supreme.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by safarigirl(f): 11:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
DarkRebel101:

I recall you telling me back then on WhatsApp that you didn't believe women and men were equals, and that feminism was errant nonsense.

What happened? shocked

I don't believe in equality of genders.

Where in my write-up did I say anything about gender equality? Or does ending sexual harassment equate to gender equality?

Radical feminism is jargons, but feminism has done a lot for humanity. Do I have to spell out my words every time? undecided

You do know there are types of feminism, right?
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Lihyunpark(m): 11:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl..what kind of feminist are you? And do you want to be looked at equally as your husband?
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by safarigirl(f): 11:47pm On Dec 30, 2016
Lihyunpark:
safarigirl..what kind of feminist are you? And do you want to be looked at equally as your husband?
the type that frowns at the objectification and sexualizing of women.

I want to be looked at as a person, not just some form of entertainment/reproduction machine. I don't know if that indicates 'equality' as my husband, but I would very much like a man who pushes me to achieve my goals and someone I can always look up to as a motivator, not someone I'll be dragging spotlight with.

We can both shine differently smiley

I guess some things need to be broken down

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Lihyunpark(m): 11:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl:
the type that frowns at the objectification and sexualizing of women.

I want to be looked at as a person, not just some form of entertainment/reproduction machine. I don't know if that indicates 'equality' as my husband, but I would very much like a man who pushes me to achieve my goals and someone I can always look up to as a motivator, not someone I'll be dragging spotlight with.

We can both shine differently smiley

I guess some things need to be broken down

Nobody is stoping you from becoming the president of the planet earth...infact i will be happy for you and would love to be your husband then cus that doesnt makes you equal to a man....you just dont want to accept the word "we are not EQUAL "

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Nobody: 11:59pm On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl:
I don't believe in equality of genders.

I have no qualms with you being stalwart in your belief that the sheer fact of you owning a vagïna places you several strata below the male species. Excuse my French.

You are free to grovel at the feet of a man all you want, but you have no right to flip-flop when it's convenient for you.

The core purpose of the feminist movement is to make the equality of the sexes a breathing reality.

You say you don't believe the sexes are equal, yet you extol feminism and highlight the virtues of the movement. Sounds like you're contradicting yourself to me.

Where in my write-up did I say anything about gender equality? Or does ending sexual harassment equate to gender equality?

If men are superior to women, then they – men – should be able to harass them sexually without getting questioned.

So, yes, bringing an end to sexual harassment is a step toward gender equality.

Here are the other achievements of feminism you highlighted, and which indicate a nudge in the direction of gender equality:

she wouldn't even have a Job if not for feminism....feminism has been fighting and is still fighting to end sexual harassment of female staff in their places of work.

If not for feminism, she wouldn't even get the chance to find a man she's compatible with and marry him. Her father and brothers would just sell her to the highest bidder.

If not for feminism, aunty wouldn't even have this voice she's abusing on social media.

Radical feminism is jargons, but feminism has done a lot for humanity. Do I have to spell out my words every time? undecided

You do know there are types of feminism, right?

Bla Bla Bla, no one's talking about radical feminism here.

Educate yourself, dear. Your knowledge of the subject appears to be very limited - that explains the contradictions.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by safarigirl(f): 12:05am On Dec 31, 2016
DarkRebel101:

[b]
I have no qualms with you being stalwart in your belief that the sheer fact of you owning a vagïna curses you to be several strata below the male species. Excuse my French.

You are free to grovel at the feet of a man all you want, but you have no right to flip-flop when it's convenient for you.

The core purpose of the feminist movement is to make the equality of the sexes a breathing reality.

You say you don't believe the sexes are equal, yet you extol feminism and highlight the virtues of the movement. Sounds like you're contradicting yourself to me.

[b]If men are superior to women, then they – men – should be able to harass them sexually without getting questioned.

Here are the other achievements of feminism you highlighted, and which indicate a nudge in the direction of gender equality:

[color=#770077][b]Bla Bla Bla, no one's talking about radical feminism here.

Educate yourself, dear. Your knowledge of the subject appears to be very limited - that explains the contradictions.

undecided...who stuck a dick up your ass mbok?

Did I grovel at your feet? Or at the feet of any man you know? Or is harmattan messing with your head?

I honestly don't know the purpose of your epistle though, since we're so familiar, you should know I don't read epistles
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by safarigirl(f): 12:08am On Dec 31, 2016
Lihyunpark:

Nobody is stoping you from becoming the president of the planet earth...infact i will be happy for you and would love to be your husband then cus that doesnt makes you equal to a man....you just dont want to accept the word "we are not EQUAL "
where did I say we were equal? Or are you having a brain fart like the other guy on this thread attacking me from a different angle?

It's one day to the end of the year bros, the fact you're looking for an unnecessary argument where there is none on the 30th of December says a lot of you and Darkenedrebel.
. Have a good nighy
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dealslip(f): 12:09am On Dec 31, 2016
DarkRebel101:

Well, it's not exclusive to Africa alone. It's only more pronounced here than in say Europe and America.

Wicked! grin

Even a broke-äss insignificant cockroach who's barely out of leading-strings would expect to be worshipped by a woman who has plowed through hell and high water to achieve success, all because society's planted it in his head that the mere fact that he has a phallûs makes him supreme.

Broke ass insignificant cockroach grin grin ;DD. This is so true. The society has destroyed their mind by making them think they are entitled to authority. Honestly I have met men whom I adore so much. These sweetmen earn my respect anytime without asking for it because they recognise fast that women are their equal and fellow human being.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Lihyunpark(m): 12:23am On Dec 31, 2016
safarigirl:
where did I say we were equal? Or are you having a brain fart like the other guy on this thread attacking me from a different angle?

It's one day to the end of the year bros, the fact you're looking for an unnecessary argument where there is none on the 30th of December says a lot of you and Darkenedrebel.
. Have a good nighy

your tweet shows you are irritable you've said a lot since yesterday till today and knowing deep inside you "what this guys are saying is wright" makes you feel frustrated. The will can never be changed...i know how you feel sis..sleeptight and Happy New Year in Advance!
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dealslip(f): 12:44am On Dec 31, 2016
[quote author=Lihyunpark post=52406874][/quote]

Perfect. I nailed you where I wanted. I knew you will go to that verse of the bible to support your warped mentality. Where in that verse does it say a woman is not equal to a man. The fact that a woman heads your dept or owns the company where you work confirms that you are less than a woman and you are not equal to her, do you see the flip side of your argument. Secondly, in the beginning the bible said in gen 5:2 King James Bible
Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
He created them male and female. When they were created, He blessed them and called them man.

Did you see anything like superiority or inequality there.

Thirdly in Gen 1:27-28 God created mankind in his own image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them.
God blessed them and said to them, "Be fruitful and increase in number; fill the earth and subdue it. Rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky and over every living creature that moves on the ground."

God was clear about who their subject was - animals not their fellow human being and God gave them equal mandate to rule over their subject

Also Jesus confirmer that they were to cling as one. In Matthew 19: 5-7 said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'?So they are no longer two but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.”

can you see you are the one seperating female from male and calling them unequal not God the creator. God saw the them as one of a kind. If a woman was brought out of a particular man how can she be unequal, when she contains every fibre of that man's being plus the extras added by God - Womb, Breast, Buttocks etc

Now this sad mindset of women less than men started after the fall where God was telling Eve one of the consequence of the fall which is that her affection will be misplaced and warped . Gen 3:16 - To the woman he said, I will greatly multiply your sorrow and your conception; in sorrow you shall bring forth children; and your desire shall be to your husband, and he shall rule over you.

This was a consequence of the fall not your God given right. Since all of that has been handled by the birth and death of Christ which we just finished celebrating, all things have returned to the beginning before the fall.

Back to the scripture you twisted, the man is not the head of a woman like you twisted it but the head of his wife in as much as he is submitted to Christ. You see your dishonesty. You don't qualify to head a wife not any woman you know if you are not submitted to Christ.

Now let me burst your bubble finally, Ephesians 5:21 says submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Husbands should submit to wives and vice versa, you can read to the end of Ephesians. After this, you will have to pay me for further lectures

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.

29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

33 Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kushme: 1:27am On Dec 31, 2016
safarigirl:
lol..wash and iron for him. give him salt even f it's inches away...

Kuku tell me I'm marrying a toddler let me prepare my mind. Is that one still a man when he can't even perform basic things by himself?

please if I must do all these, I hope I'm also not expected to get a job and pay any bills. Lemme just sit home and get pregnant, since everyone should do what is conventionally accepted

Some people don't even understand how feminism works.

If a woman must get a job and pay bills, which are things otherwise done by men, then a mam should also be expected to pull his weight around the house as well. Feminists only seek assistance in the home because they have assisted men financially. There are no jobless feminists sitting around and waiting to feed off any man.

Nigerians will never calm down long enough to understand the concept of feminism.

I dont wanna see myself concerning your accusation about Nigerians never calm.... Let me ask. Are you a feminist?

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kushme: 2:19am On Dec 31, 2016
lovelygurl:

That's what you want 'enjoyment', right. For someone to be kissing your assistance. I keep repeating it men against feminism are either the insecured men or lazy men.
Women working as a loooot to with being equal because that's the number 1 argument we get to hear "how can I be working and fo this and that blablablabla"

You admitted nowadays things have changed. You are right not only have the "additions" increased. Things are really changing!

And pls stop comparing yourself to animals because we all know that the brains of humans and animals are different. It's almost like you are wishing to be 1. We are not on the same level.

Things changed because men allowed it to be..... Women want the space of men.... Men gave women civilization....women can not and will never have a better life if not for the help of men... I dont have issues with women, i only have issues with the men behind/backing feminism...

Men keep society not women... Men only respect women because other men say so.... Women are kinda useless to men if not for sexual pleasure, reproduction and humanity..... Only irrational or dumb thirsty men support feminism.... The truth is, we dont need/want women in our work space... Women are parasites...
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by Nobody: 3:16am On Dec 31, 2016
dealslip:

Broke ass insignificant cockroach grin grin grin grin. This is so true. The society has destroyed their mind by making them think they are entitled to authority.

No thanks to our religious tomes – 90% of which were “conveniently” scripted by men (who we aren't even sure were truly inspired by God as they so claim)– for furthering a chauvinistic patriarchy, and abetting sexism.

The God I serve is not surely not one who wills that one person be lesser to another, and I'd rather you flatten my têsticles with a sledgehammer before I entrust my faith in an airy-fairy flight-of-fancy such as the tale of Adam and Eve—a story only gullible and comprehensive idiøts reference as a valid case in point to prove women's inferiority to men. The Adam and Eve tale I believe is no more than an incongrous Chimera.

Would you believe me if I told you someone on this forum once said it is a sin for women to teach men in church and to evangelise, because the Bible forbids it?—this is someone domiciled in London, a supposedly university graduate, and somewhere in his mid or late 30s.

Surely you'd concur religion has a giant hand in the suppression of women.

I've read the works of Niccoló Machiavelli, Karl Max, Spinoza, Plutarch and many more, and the one thing I notice many of these people seem to agree upon is that religion has the potential to numb the most subtle mind to the point of utmost imbecility and folly.

Honestly I have met men whom I adore so much. These sweetmen earn my respect anytime without asking for it because they recognise fast that women are their equal and fellow human being.

And I too find you way more desirable and attractive than that cheap, ignorant, low self-esteemed, attention-seeking sloven selling herself short on Twitter.

I must be wired differently, because while many men and guys crave a submissive, unctuous woman who is ever ready to be self-effacing for the appeasement of their fragile egos; I, contrariwise, prefer a maverick, someone who would say NO when I say yes, someone who can stand toe to toe with me - intellectually, financially, sexually --- you name it.

The rebelliousness and self-possession displayed by a member of the female gender is as much an aphrodisiac for me as the musky scent characteristic of a woman's thighs and a wet, sweat-laden püssy—excuse my French.
cheesy

In fact, when it's time that I get spliced, I'd exercise due dilligence by inquiring from the woman about her stance on gender equality. If she supports it, then I'd walk her to the aisle; but if her answer is in the negative, she would be discarded faster than used condoms.

I'm not the least surprised you turned out this way. No one taken under the wings of the legendary Tai Solarin turns out to be a second-string material.

If not that I love my girlfriend, if not that she is such a delight and an apex predator on the bed sheets, and if not that you are already married, perhaps I'd have sallied forth to bering those digits of yours. grin cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kaboninc(m): 6:29am On Dec 31, 2016
dealslip:

I don't know the notion I have for which you're trying to correct. Please throw more light on it.

We are not wired same way

That alone makes us not 'equal' in the strict sense of the it's meaning. And we may have equal opportunities but these opportunities do not still make equal or tend to make us equal but develop us to become better and informed individuals in the world. That's why they say empower a woman and you empower a society.

Empowering a woman does not mean the end result should make women equal to men....because it just can never be.

I am very happy that you come from the background that women are given equal opportunities to thrive and soar. That privilege has made you who you are. I am also very happy too that you're married to a man who would love to work with you as a team. However, all teams have a leader.. .are you that leader in your team? Are you the one who delegates and assigns responsibilities? Are you that face of authority in your team? Like I asked earlier, do you expect leadership responsibilities to be assumed by husban?

I also agree that value, interest and mutual respect guides a relationship. I share in this. However, depending on the relationship, like the one you share with your husband, are you the team lead?

These are straight forward questions which I want you to give a thought before responding. If your response is in the affirmative, them you see reasons why I said we're not equals.

Now here's the problem with most people who have a different meaning of feminism. In defining 'equality' they do not accept the literal definition of the word. Because accepting so would mean they have accepted to be inferior towards the male species.

Truly, there are different perceptions about the meaning of feminism. There are the mild, the radical and extremists, the ones who just stay on the fence and the ones who are just confused. All these perceptions distorts the meaning of feminism and this applies to equality. For example, some men just take it that they are way superior to the women in their lives and around then. Some men say they are equal with women. I do not want to bring in religion and culture and if we use that as yard stick, then your notion won't stand anymore.
Still, whatever rocks their boat.

However, no matter how you spice it, men and women are never equal but complimentary. There are areas where you as a woman would soar higher than a man and same with a man too. These differences are what makes us not equal and that's the only equation in the world where as both variables being not equal, none is superior to the other. (this is my view) 7

Yet, no matter how the differences are, the men will always be the head and assume leadership responsibility in all relationships between a man and a woman (intimate relationship I mean).

Good morning
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dabraska: 6:35am On Dec 31, 2016
I hate to bring it to you but you are the one with the limited knowledge of Feminism.

Safarigirl is right. Completely! Feminism isn't the fight against Male Supremacy or Male Dominance (whatever that means). If not, it would have be coined differently. It's the fight for EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES! No one is talking of male dominance. Don't be so bitter about the male gender.

You must have heard of scenarios that women are allowed to do things just because they are women. ("Leave am, na woman she be"wink. Do you know Feminism is about not being allowed to be treated that way? Even if it takes away their 'advantage'?? Let the everyone get the same opportunity. Be enlightened. More reason why I said 'Feminism' is flawed in Nigeria.

We go on to shout how much of a feminist Hilary Clinton is but we forget that she stayed with to her husband who allegedly cheated on her. Alakija says she still cooks and takes care of her husband. Abeg, what tangible material thing is her husband contributing to the family that Alakija cannot contribute 10 folds? Does that mean her husband should share the responsibilities of the house with her?

One more thing, your understanding of a subject matter need not be overtly expressed with big grammar. Let people understand what you are saying. Don't confuse us.

DarkRebel101:

I have no qualms with you being stalwart in your belief that the sheer fact of you owning a vagïna places you several strata below the male species. Excuse my French.

If men are superior to women, then they – men – should be able to harass them sexually without getting questioned.

Bla Bla Bla, no one's talking about radical feminism here.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kaboninc(m): 6:39am On Dec 31, 2016
dabraska:
Lool. I laugh my head off when I hear ladies talk about how lazy and less intelligent men are.

If you have a boss at the workplace. Even though you are smarter than him, does that make you share same responsibilities with him? Complaining to yourself and a few loved ones will earn you the comfort that you so deserve but he's your boss. You could be higher than him in all levels but hey! He's your boss.

The true feminists are actually submissive to their husbands. They just want equal opportunities. No carry fire for your head.

This has been my point all this time. You can be the first few president of the United States of America but your husband is and will always be your boss!
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kaboninc(m): 6:43am On Dec 31, 2016
dealslip:

Thanks jare, this thing is becoming irritating. That is why Africa is 100 years behind their mates. The men there only bare their fangs on women. Claiming superiority when most of them aren't even qualified to lead a pack of chickens. A lot of them are dumb mentally, financially, emotionally and even spiritually. Most African men are barely out of puberty.

Honestly, you have just shown to us your meaning of feminism. And that's male dominance. Simple. Striving so hard, not to emancipate the women but to make them dominate the male folks. That's so sad and shameful. That's also disappointing too.

1 Like

Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by kaboninc(m): 6:46am On Dec 31, 2016
dealslip:

Honestly, All of this is just an opinion you cherish, I[b] don't believe in it[/b] and I don't indulge in it, a man is not head over a woman period. You guys are just in love with an age long culture which is not different from thecibe Mary Slessor camecto abolish. I wonder where you got this authority from. Please don't say the bible because the bible doesn't support this.

Your choice not to believe in it.

However, like I earlier asked, who is the head in your marriage?
Re: Twitter User Slams Feminists, Teaches Them "How To Keep A Home" by dabraska: 6:48am On Dec 31, 2016
Mschew!!! There isn't an equality anywhere. Don't live in fantasyland.

Our physical anatomies don't even support it. A woman has a womb, takes in and for nine months, goes through a series of hormonal imbalances. This affects their work and relationships with people. After giving birth, have to breastfeed their kids. This takes them off corporate duty for a while. I know a number of ladies that are completely horrible when on their period. Does this mean that the male gender are superior because we don't have/do all of that? NO! Absolutely NOT!

A woman sparked outrage sometime ago when she was breastfeeding her child in the middle of a government meeting. Does that even sound right to you? And you say we are equal. The women species are so blessed that the men even envy them but the women want to be like the men now.

dealslip:

Broke ass insignificant cockroach grin grin ;DD. This is so true. The society has destroyed their mind by making them think they are entitled to authority. Honestly I have met men whom I adore so much. These sweetmen earn my respect anytime without asking for it because they recognise fast that women are their equal and fellow human being.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Surprised With New Car On Christmas Day By Family. See Her Epic Reaction / 6-Year-Old Brother And Sister Twins Are Married In Buddhist Ceremony In Thailand / Autistic Child: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.