Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,437 members, 7,823,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (153782 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by OILSOUP: 11:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
BornStunner1:

YOU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT START FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE THREAD JUST LIKE A TYPICAL IGBO OZOUR U SHARPLY RAN TO THE ENDING OF THE THREAD TO START FABRICATING TRASH angry

I WOULD NOT EVEN WASTE TIME ON YOU
..... BCUS IT IS OBVIOUS MOST OF YOU ARE STILL SUFFERING FROM THE LASHING MUTILATING HUMILATION U IGBOS GOT FROM THE CIVIL WAR!!

DO NOT WORRY YOU PPL WULD GET ANODA COMING SOON!! grin

I KNOW AN AFONJA WEN I HEAR ONE, ALWAYS THREATENIN AND REMINDING US OF THE BIAFRA WAR. grin

THEY HAVE RUN OUT OF FACTS TO SUPPORT THEIR CLAIMS NOW IT IS INSULTS.

IGBOS NEED TO WAKE UP, ELSE THE VULTURE THAT ARE GATHERING WILL FEED ON THEM EVEN BEFORE DEATH. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:07am On Jan 16, 2017
hammerF:

The bolded statement is very ignorant and myopic.

I know ur just joining this debate and based on my earlier recommendation, i will let u off softly whilst i correct ur presumptive errors.

The bolded is the only opinion u raised and tried to pass off as a factual statement. The question u have to answer based on that presumption is; when was the Bini empire in its prime? Wat were the component of the Bini empire in its prime? Did it constitute a homogeneous entity or non homogeneous entity? The igbos in this context are presumed to be an homogeneous entity of people with the same language.

"Now let me help u with the answer." If ur insinuation is based on bini being a non homogenous entity, occupying an area much larger than the area occupied by present day igbo speaking states, then ur argument is not only flawed but contradicts the claims u are trying to make.

"I hope u can see ur error already." The British colonised more than half of the world. Does that make United Kingdom much larger than Russia? In the context that the Empire is no more today. This is a very good example, so reflect on it and wat u wrote then equate it to the claims that u are trying to lay.

Ignorance is what is challenging most Africans, coupled with lack of a reading or research culture.
I will be brief.

These are the areas in square kilometres (km²) covered by each of the SE Igbo states.
Imo 5,530 km²
Abia   6,320 km²
Enugu 7,161 km²
Anambra 4,844 km²
Ebonyi  5,533 km²

TOTAL AREA oF ALL SE IGBO STATES=17,535 km2

Now compare that to the area covered by today's Edo state
Edo 17,802 km²

I used Wikipedia as a quick source, I did not bother to check the official sources, you are free to counter figures above anyway.

Mind you that this is Edo after the British had made the Oba renounce claims to most of his nearby and far flung territories.
Being an Igbo man, I doubt if the concept of conquest and territory would make sense to you, cos its not a concept most Igbo
people identify with or make sense of.
So I wont bother to list the territories Bini controlled before the British deposed Oba Ovamranwen.
Did the Igbos have any territory that the British took away?
I leave it to you to do the math and imagine the size of Bini land proper, territories in today's Ekiti, Ondo, Lagos and all the way down South
to Urhobo and Itshekiri lands.

So who is the myopic and ignorant one here now?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:45am On Jan 16, 2017
hammerF:

The bolded statement is very ignorant and myopic.

I know ur just joining this debate and based on my earlier recommendation, i will let u off softly whilst i correct ur presumptive errors.

The bolded is the only opinion u raised and tried to pass off as a factual statement. The question u have to answer based on that presumption is; when was the Bini empire in its prime? Wat were the component of the Bini empire in its prime? Did it constitute a homogeneous entity or non homogeneous entity? The igbos in this context are presumed to be an homogeneous entity of people with the same language.

"Now let me help u with the answer." If ur insinuation is based on bini being a non homogenous entity, occupying an area much larger than the area occupied by present day igbo speaking states, then ur argument is not only flawed but contradicts the claims u are trying to make.

"I hope u can see ur error already." The British colonised more than half of the world. Does that make United Kingdom much larger than Russia? In the context that the Empire is no more today. This is a very good example, so reflect on it and wat u wrote then equate it to the claims that u are trying to lay.

Here is another historical chip for you, from here http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3n7mp3

Around 1440, Ewuare became the new Oba of Benin. He built up an army and started winning land. He also rebuilt Benin City and the royal palace.
Oba Ewuare was the first of five great warrior kings. His son Oba Ozolua was believed to have won 200 battles. He was followed by Oba Esigie who expanded his kingdom eastwards to form an empire and won land from the Kingdom of Ife. Ozolua and Esigie both encouraged trade with the Portuguese. They used their wealth from trade to build up a vast army.
The fourth warrior king was Oba Orhogbua. During his reign, the empire reached its largest size. It stretched beyond the River Niger in the east and extended west as far as present-day Ghana.
Oba Ehengbuda was the last of the warrior kings. But he spent most of his reign stopping rebellions led by local chiefs. After his death in 1601, Benin’s empire gradually shrank in size.

Besides the fact that present day Edo state is bigger than all the SE Igbo states combined with extra space left,
the Bini Empire in its heyday extended west as far as present-day Ghana.
I wont bother to contrast the state of development of present Igbo land then as compared to Bini during the time of Oba Orhogbua.
Or the knowledge of geography, settlements along the West African coast, far flung conquests carried out etc...when the Igbos were still living in closely knit village units and had no concept of kings or armies.

Now before you go rambling offpoint again, who is the myopic and ignorant one now?
Get your facts right before you go arguing on topics you know nothing about. angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 1:29am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Ignorance is what is challenging most Africans, coupled with lack of a reading or research culture.
I will be brief.

These are the areas in square kilometres (km²) covered by each of the SE Igbo states.
Imo 5,530 km²
Abia   6,320 km²
Enugu 7,161 km²
Anambra 4,844 km²
Ebonyi  5,533 km²

TOTAL AREA oF ALL SE IGBO STATES=17,535 km2

Now compare that to the area covered by today's Edo state
Edo 17,802 km²

I used Wikipedia as a quick source, I did not bother to check the official sources, you are free to counter figures above anyway.

Mind you that this is Edo after the British had made the Oba renounce claims to most of his nearby and far flung territories.
Being an Igbo man, I doubt if the concept of conquest and territory would make sense to you, cos its not a concept most Igbo
people identify with or make sense of.
So I wont bother to list the territories Bini controlled before the British deposed Oba Ovamranwen.
Did the Igbos have any territory that the British took away?
I leave it to you to do the math and imagine the size of Bini land proper, territories in today's Ekiti, Ondo, Lagos and all the way down South
to Urhobo and Itshekiri lands.

So who is the myopic and ignorant one here now?

Please follow the tangent and stop going off point, i dont have the time or patience for retarded arguement here.

How did we go from Bini to Edo?

I clearly addressed area u raised and raised questions that u obviously cannot answer judging by this response. Wat u do is to run to wikipedia and trump up figures that u admit might be wrong and talk completely off point.

This might be my last reply to u. I leave u to engage the bini boyz in an incoherent barracking and interjections.

By the way, see wat u said below, now u have deviated to the 5 geopolitical zones. Here is a link to Delta State and River State and the languages spoken in both state. In case u dont known igbo is spoken in Delta and Rivers officially recognised. Unofficial all the bordering states to the south east have either igbo speaking town or villages.

http://www.ngex.com/nigeria/places/states/delta.htm

PabloAfricanus:

Now you are looking for trouble grin
How do you mean and where did you get that information from?
Any research done to come up with that conclusion...care to share?
Please be careful in your statements, Bini in its prime was larger than the area occupied by the present day Igbo speaking states.
Moreover, the stark contrast in social life, culture and political systems between the Edos and the Igbos makes your statement sound very very very ignorant.
Please desist from making ignorant statements like this that will only engender distrust and hatred.
If you do not have the facts to back up your "facts"...then keep it to yourself.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 1:41am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Here is another historical chip for you, from here http://www.bbc.co.uk/guides/z3n7mp3

Besides the fact that present day Edo state is bigger than all the SE Igbo states combined with extra space left,
the Bini Empire in its heyday extended west as far as present-day Ghana.
I wont bother to contrast the state of development of present Igbo land then as compared to Bini during the time of Oba Orhogbua.
Or the knowledge of geography, settlements along the West African coast, far flung conquests carried out etc...when the Igbos were still living in closely knit village units and had no concept of kings or armies.

Now before you go rambling offpoint again, who is the myopic and ignorant one now?
Get your facts right before you go arguing on topics you know nothing about. angry

Listen, go backk and read the thread becos alot of the things u are raising have been discussed and i cannot be bothered to keep repeating myself.

If u go back, u will find where we posted names of every Oba,and wen they (Bini) became an empire. We discussed wat stimulated the growth of Bini and how the empire ended.

U have not raised any interesting fact here.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 2:05am On Jan 16, 2017
hammerF:

Please follow the tangent and stop going off point, i dont have the time or patience for retarded arguement here.

I clearly addressed area u raised and raised questions that u obviously cannot answer judging by this response. Wat u do is to run to wikipedia and trump up figures that u admit might be wrong and talk completely off point.

This might be my last reply to u. I leave u to engage the bini boyz in an incoherent barracking and interjections.

By the way, see wat u said below, now u have deviated to the 5 geopolitical zones. Here is a link to Delta State and River State and the languages spoken in both state. In case u dont known igbo is spoken in Delta and Rivers officially recognised. Unofficial all the bordering states to the south east have either igbo speaking town or villages.

Sigh undecided

This what you posted as FACTS

hammerF:

Facts! Anioma are the first migrants to the the Delta and Edo axis.

Facts! Benin colonised them in the 15th Century and imposed its political structure.

Facts! Igala arrived from the north to anioma much later but earlier than the Olukomi.

Fact! Benin and Igbos migrated back and forth from Delta to Edo and even Onitsha.

Fact! Benin share a lot of similar words and culture with Igbos and yoruba.

Fact! Urhobo and Esan are Edoid culture and migrated from Bini much later. Evidence is their language is Bini.

Fact Igbos are the original people to settle in Bini and mix with yorubas and as a result the Bini Language was created.

Fact today, intertribal couples end up speaking English at home, back then they had to invent a new language for themselves as we see in Isoko where ijaw is mixed with urhobo.

And I challenged you on this

hammerF:

Fact Igbos are the original people to settle in Bini and mix with yorubas and as a result the Bini Language was created.

I did not even bother to address your other "facts" cos apparently you have little knowledge of the subject matter.
I asked you FIRST to provide PROOF or evidence that the Igbos were the first to settle in Bini...which ofcourse you only
came up with more arguments and skipped.
I then showed you that there is no way the what you posted as FACT could be true because:

1) The contrasting social,cultural and political backgrounds of Binis and Igbos does not support your argument.
If it did, the two cultures would have rubbed off each other.
Or oral evidence would have survived to buttress that fact.
Cue the Romans and Gauls, the Fulanis and the Habes, Fulanis and surrounding tribes in Adamawa etc.
The implication of your posted "FACTS" would mean that they were sister cultures, when infact nothing like that existed.
The Binis had highly organized political systems, organized armies, carried out military campaigns,urban centres, diplomatic relations with foreign kings, were empire builders.
The Igbos on the other hand, had nothing in terms of politics, military and empire to what the Bini empire was.
I hope that concept is not too abstract for you to wrap your head around.

2) The landmass occupied by Bini speaking people way before the colonials came shows that the Igbos were not even in the picture.
And the Binis have no oral history of coming from anywhere else or driving out aborigines from Bini land proper.
And even after Nigeria had been formed and the old kingdoms carved up, present Edo state still occupies a larger land mass than all the SE Igbo states combined.
All the conquered territories by the Bini empire did not include any of the Igbo lands today as we know it.
The closest Bini got to Igbo speaking lands was the Aniocha/Ika lands and my argument in this thread is that those people were and have always been Igbos, albeit influenced and mixed with Bini.
If you have any oral or documented history of the Bini empire conquering Igbo aborigines and driving them out from their lands...please share.
Until then, the lands the Bini empire conquered and occupied had NOTHING to do with Igbo lands as we know it.

Are you also uncomfortable with facts? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:08am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Sigh undecided

This what you posted as FACTS

And I challenged you on this

I did not even bother to address your other "facts" cos apparently you have little knowledge of the subject matter.
I asked you FIRST to provide PROOF or evidence that the Igbos were the first to settle in Bini...which ofcourse you only
came up with more arguments and skipped.
I then showed you that there is no way the what you posted as FACT could be true because:

1) The contrasting social,cultural and political backgrounds of Binis and Igbos does not support your argument.
If it did, the two cultures would have rubbed off each other.
Or oral evidence would have survived to buttress that fact.
Cue the Romans and Gauls, the Fulanis and the Habes, Fulanis and surrounding tribes in Adamawa etc.
The implication of your posted "FACTS" would mean that they were sister cultures, when infact nothing like that existed.
The Binis had highly organized political systems, organized armies, carried out military campaigns,urban centres, diplomatic relations with foreign kings, were empire builders.
The Igbos on the other hand, had nothing in terms of politics, military and empire to what the Bini empire was.

2) The landmass occupied by Bini speaking people way before the colonials came shows that the Igbos were not even in the picture.
And the Binis have no oral history of coming from anywhere else or driving out aborigines from Bini land proper.
And even after Nigeria had been formed and the old kingdoms carved up, present Edo state still occupies a larger land mass than all the SE Igbo states combined.
All the conquered territories by the Bini empire did not include any of the Igbo lands today as we know it.
The closest Bini got to Igbo speaking lands was the Aniocha/Ika lands and my argument in this thread is that those people were and have always been Igbos, albeit influenced and mixed with Bini.
If you have any oral or documented history of the Bini empire conquering Igbo aborigines and driving them out from their lands...please share.
Until then, the lands the Bini empire conquered and occupied had NOTHING to do with Igbo lands as we know it.

Are you also uncomfortable with facts? undecided

Guy go sleep, u will fare better wen u wake up.

Read ur first post to me and see how u have completely gone off point.

From Bini, it is now Edo.

I hope u know that with Edo we have the Igboid areas that speak Ika i.e Igbanke and then some yoruba parts up North, Igala part up North and other various parts such as Ebira.

Edo consist of too many different groups distinct from Bini.

I no go reply u again. Bye!

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 2:21am On Jan 16, 2017
hammerF:

Guy go sleep, u will fare better wen u wake up.

Read ur first post to me and see how u have completely gone off point.

From Bini, it is now Edo.

I hope u know that with Edo we have the Igboid areas that speak Ika i.e Igbanke and then some yoruba parts up North, Igala part up North and other various parts such as Ebira.

Edo consist of too many different groups distinct from Bini.

I no go reply u again. Bye

It's either you have a comprehension problem or you are simply confused.
I'm aware Igbo is spoken in Rivers and Delta states...that's the whole point of this thread anyway. Is that the point you were trying to make?
You want to add Ikwerre and other Igbo speaking lands as evidence of what?
Clearly state it...
Edo consisting of 1 million groups has no bearing on the "facts" you came up with.
Bini's driving out Igbos and joining with Yorubas to create the Bini language grin
Where did you pick that from?
And your replies just keep getting off point...
Provide proof for your facts"...that's the challenge I posed to you.
Or you can just run away and claim superior knowledge only available to you.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 2:25am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

It's either you have a comprehension problem or you are simply confused.
I'm aware Igbo is spoken in Rivers and Delta states...that's the whole point of this thread anyway. Is that the point you were trying to make?
You want to add Ikwerre and other Igbo speaking lands as evidence of what?
Clearly state it...
Edo consisting of 1 million groups has no bearing on the "facts" you came up with.
Bini's driving out Igbos and joining with Yorubas to create the Bini language grin
Where did you pick that from?
And your replies just keep getting off point...
Provide proof for your facts"...that's the challenge I posed to you.
Or you can just run away and claim superior knowledge only available to you.

GUY IF U WANT INSULT, U SIMPLE SAY, U WILL LOSE THAT MATCH TOO.

COME WITH FACTS AND STOP SPEAKING IGNORANTLY.

I AM STARTING TO DOUBT IF U ARE EDUCATED AT ALL.

U CANNOT DIFFERENTIATE BINI AND EDO, BUT YET U WANT TO DEBATE?

WAT EXACTLY, WILL U ARGUE, WEN U DONT KNOW THE BASICS? angry
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 2:32am On Jan 16, 2017
hammerF:

GUY IF U WANT INSULT, U SIMPLE SAY, U WILL LOSE THAT MATCH TOO.

COME WITH FACTS AND STOP SPEAKING IGNORANTLY.

I AM STARTING TO DOUBT IF U ARE EDUCATED AT ALL.

U CANNOT DIFFERENTIATE BINI AND EDO, BUT YET U WANT TO DEBATE?

WAT EXACTLY, WILL U ARGUE, WEN U DONT KNOW THE BASICS? angry

You are funny.
Should have guessed from your contributions so far.
No need to engage you further.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 4:03am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

You are funny.
No need to engage you further.

THIS IS THE SIZE OF HIS BRAIN!

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 4:09am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus you have made some nice contribution up there based on Authentic Facts not Bais I like that Thumbs Up!!

And i me too without Bais agree that the Aniomas were Originally igbo but have been influenced extremely by Edos over the centuries that now thier Ancestry is 50% Edo 50% Igbo.

I have no problem with igbos....... Even Igbos of Onitsha extraction view Edos as kith and Kin....... Its things like this that bring about Unity and Progress not Arguments that can never be won like some of ur igbo ppl have been trying to do on this thread but failed woefully

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 8:22am On Jan 16, 2017
ariesbull:
Maybe your father should be answering that

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:09am On Jan 16, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

[s]You are funny.
No need to engage you further[/s].

TYPICAL NONSENSE! SEE WAT SOMEBODY IS TYPING. WHERE DID WE OBJECT TO THIS?

THAT IS Y I HAD TO END THE DISCUSSION, BECOS HE WAS SWINGING FROM RIGHT TO LEFT LIKE A HELPLESS BABOON.

IT WAS SELF INFLICTED THOUGH. HE SAID HE WILL CHALLENGE ME ON A LIST OF FACT I POSTED, THAT NOT EVEN THE BINI HERE COULD DISPUTE, THEN HE WENT COMPLETELY OFF POINT YET AGAIN.

EARLY UNSET OF DEMENTIA!

FURTHER, I WOULDN'T EXACTLY SAY IGBO HAD NOTHING. NRI WAS A POLITICAL AND RELIGIOUS EMPIRE.

I BET THE RE.TARD DONT EVEN KNOW HOW BINI BECAME AN EMPIRE FROM A KINGDOM OR WAT CAUSED ITS DECLINE.

FROM HIS NURSERY SCHOOL LINK, IT IS CLEAR THAT HE IS JUST LEARNING THE FACTS ABOUT BINI KINGDOM.

BRO GO PICK ON A NURSERY SCHOOL STUDENT LIKE URSELF, WE HAVE LONG CROSSED THAT BRIDGE AND GRADUATED.

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2017
I FURTHER CHALLENGE ANYBODY TO DISPROVE ANY OF THOSE FACTS ON A POINT BY POINT BASIS, POINTING TO EVIDENCE.

I LIKE TO LEARN AND ADD TO MY KNOWLEDGE BANK. DONT COME HERE TALKING GIBBERISH MEET THE CRITERIA SPECIFIED ABOVE.

I DARE ANYBODY.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 16, 2017
BornStunner1:
PabloAfricanus you have made some nice contribution up there based on Authentic Facts not Bais I like that Thumbs Up!!

And i me too without Bais agree that the Aniomas were Originally igbo but have been influenced extremely by Edos over the centuries that now thier Ancestry is 50% Edo 50% Igbo.

I have no problem with igbos....... Even Igbos of Onitsha extraction view Edos as kith and Kin....... Its things like this that bring about Unity and Progress not Arguments that can never be won like some of ur igbo ppl have been trying to do on this thread but failed woefully

This has been my position all along.... Aborigine Igbos and Bini, Igala, even Yorubas formed Anioma of today. But since Igbos constitute the largest and more dominant, the Igbo language and culture prevailed over others. I don't see the reason why some mofos will be doubting the facts that Igbos were the aborigines of these places.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 11:37am On Jan 16, 2017
blues20:

This has been my position all along.... Aborigine Igbos and Bini, Igala, even Yorubas formed Anioma of today. But since Igbos constitute the largest and more dominant, the Igbo language and culture prevailed over others. I don't see the reason why some mofos will be doubting the facts that Igbos were the aborigines of these places.

REMOVE YORUBA FROM THERE.......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 1:11pm On Jan 16, 2017
BornStunner1:

HEY U, IT IS EITHER UR A MODERATOR AND MODERATE FAIRLY AND NOT GET INVOLVED OR TAKE SIDES, OR UR A COMMENTATOR.

U CANNOT BE ADMIN AND MODERATOR ON THIS ONE THREAD AND THEN START INSULTING PEOPLE AND HIDING COMMENT WEN THEY REPLY.

THAT IS ONE OF THE MANY THINGS WRONG WITH AFRICA, GREED FOR POWER AND MISPLACED PRIORITY.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 1:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
blues20:

EVEN BORNSTUNNER THINK WAT U SAID IS CRAP. TELL US WHERE BINI CAME FROM?

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
BornStunner1:

WHILST FOR ONCE, U TRIED VERY HARD TO MAKE SENSE, CAN U SEE THE LOOPHOLE IN UR WRITE UP.

IF ANIOMA WERE ORIGINALLY IGBO AND INFLUENCED BY EDO OVER THE CENTURY, WHICH NOBODY DISPUTES.

WHERE DID THE BINI COME FROM?

FURTHER, HOW DID U COME ABOUT UR 50% EDO AND 50% IGBO ANCESTRY FOR ANIOMA?

THE BINI ANIOMA ARE MIXED BUT THE ANIOMA IN DELTA ARE STILL MARRIED TO ONITSHA PEOPLE MORE WITH WHOM THEY SHARE DIALECT AND ANCESTRY.

NOT SAYING DEY DONT MIX WITH BINI, THEY DO BUT TO THE EXTENT OF 50% EDO AND 50% IGBO ANCESTRY, I DOUBT.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jan 16, 2017
BornStunner1:

Well, the Olukumis, in Igbodo, trace their forebears to Yorubaland. They are in present day Anioma; history should not be distorted to favor sentiments or political views.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jan 16, 2017
hammerF:

EVEN BORNSTUNNER THINK WAT U SAID IS CRAP. TELL US WHERE BINI CAME FROM?
Your creativity is saturated with erroneous dependency. You got me thinking with your postulations, however, I should trust academicians and historian rather than what your imagination is cooking up.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 4:58pm On Jan 16, 2017
BornStunner1:

People like you are not to be taken seriously. This just proves that you are biased and you argue out of sentiment and never out of personal conviction which makes you to be the same with people you've been condemning.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Abagworo(m): 5:37pm On Jan 16, 2017
Benin empire is not Bini ethnic group.

4 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 16, 2017
ehikwe22:
People like you are not to be taken seriously. This just proves that you are biased and you argue out of sentiment and never out of personal conviction which makes you to be the same with people you've been condemning.
Where is sentiments in what he posted? Even the gross ignorant will know that Anioma is heavily peopled by Igbo and sprinkled with Bini and other relevant group elements. You just keep bringing up your emotion where reason and facts reign supreme. Please, do keep calm ok; you can claim anything you want, but you cannot distort history to suit your objective.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by OILSOUP: 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
Abagworo:
Benin empire is not Bini ethnic group.

Thank u for ur valid contributions.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by OILSOUP: 7:23pm On Jan 16, 2017
If we argue based on facts rather than emotions, this thread will not be 46 pages. The facts and evidence are glaring, they are on ground and all can see. Even those arguing at the end had to admit that the first arrivals were the Anioma. The also admitted that the Anioma are Igbos.

6 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 2:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
After all the beating about the bush,you all came back to the analysis I gave Cire80 earlier which blues20 and bornstunner reinforced just now...
That Anioma is like a house built of three distinct ingredients in disproportionate proportions
1] Igbo: this is the largest component of all..compared to a house,Igbo is likened to the foundation and building blocks itself. 80% of anything Anioma is Igbo
2] Edo: this is the second largest of them all...compared to a house, Edo is likened to the roof and painting of the house. 19% of anything Anioma is Edo
3] Igala: this is the least of everything... Compared to a house Igala is likened to the plumbing, you don't see it unless you go to certain aspects of the building. Just one percent of Anioma is Igala.

You know the funniest aspect, these three nations know the aspects of the building called Anioma that belongs to them,that's why they(ie Edo) laugh to scorn those of us (ie Anioma) who claim not to be Igbo grin

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 6:43am On Jan 18, 2017
Aniocha girls are beautiful i meant one today

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 9:18am On Jan 18, 2017
gregyboy:
Aniocha girls are beautiful i meant one today

LOL

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Post Pics Of Fulani Girls!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.