Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures - Culture (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures (153039 Views)

Onitsha Ofala Festival Of Obi Of Onitsha Kicks Off- PICTURES / "I Am The Igwe And Obi Of Yorubaland" - Abdulrasheed Akanbi, The Oluwo Of Iwo / Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna Got A Jeep As A Gift. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (74) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Afam4eva(m): 9:59am On Jan 19, 2017
RedboneSmith:

I have lived in Abakiliki for a long time, and I have never started a sentence with "as an Izii man..." No one writes like, except someone who is trying to tell you that that is what he is by tribe. An Ohuhu living in Aba will never say, "As an Ngwa man...", an Echie man in Port Harcourt will never say, "As an Ikwerre man..." What you may hear is "As an Aba boy" or "as a PH boy", indicating ties to the particular city he was raised in. That you did not write "as an Aba boy", but instead wrote "As an ukwangwa" speaks volumes. So that line about you living there a long time blah blah is an attempt at saving face after being caught impersonating. It's okay, we get it. This debate is important to you and you want to win. wink
But why will an Etche man say "As an Ikwerre man"? What's the relationship? Etchies are not in Ikwerre land even though there was a local government where they were lumped with some parts of Ikwerre land. But that is an artificial creation. An Etche man will say "As an Etche man" or "As a Rivers Man". If he is port-hacourt brought up, he can say "As a Port-hacourt boy" just like anyone frlm any part of the country can lay claim to port-hacourt.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by RedboneSmith(m): 10:10am On Jan 19, 2017
Afam4eva:

But why will an Etche man say "As an Ikwerre man"? What's the relationship? Etchies are not in Ikwerre land even though there was a local government where they were lumped with some parts of Ikwerre land. But that is an artificial creation. An Etche man will say "As an Etche man" or "As a Rivers Man". If he is port-hacourt brought up, he can say "As a Port-hacourt boy" just like anyone frlm any part of the country can lay claim to port-hacourt.

You cannot understand my post which you quoted if you don't know the context in which I made that post.

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 5:30pm On Jan 19, 2017
blues20:

Where is sentiments in what he posted? Even the gross ignorant will know that Anioma is heavily peopled by Igbo and sprinkled with Bini and other relevant group elements. You just keep bringing up your emotion where reason and facts reign supreme. Please, do keep calm ok; you can claim anything you want, but you cannot distort history to suit your objective.
Who's bringing emotions? You're the one that's blinded by prejudice that you can't differentiate between A and B. Someone was arguing right and just turned around and started arguing left but you in your demented state don't see anything wrong with such fellow because that's exactly how you are. There's an extent a people lie and they no longer see anything wrong in lying and even start believing in their lies

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by AmuDimpka: 7:00pm On Jan 19, 2017
cheruv:

Nne I huwonu ya shocked
The kinda soup Cire80 and his cohort ehikwe are cooking for us here is one whose ingredients are lies,deceit, falsehood, brigadery, distortions of astronomical proportions whose purpose is just to paint in shame not only the Ika whom they claim to be but the larger Anioma community, thereby making us look stupid in the eyes of Edos and Igbos respectively angry
Just legodu ehikwe and his Anioma LG shocked I can't imagine the pain Dennis Osadebei and the late Obi of Agbor would be going through in their graves on account of the foolishness many Anioma sons exhibit these days cry

Ike gwuru
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 12:09am On Jan 20, 2017
ehikwe22:
Who's bringing emotions? You're the one that's blinded by prejudice that you can't differentiate between A and B. Someone was arguing right and just turned around and started arguing left but you in your demented state don't see anything wrong with such fellow because that's exactly how you are. There's an extent a people lie and they no longer see anything wrong in lying and even start believing in their lies

You are either being silly or just trying too hard.
Was expecting you to call him an Igbo man trying to steal your wonderful Bini heritage grin
The above actually applies to you...not the other way round.

You prefer him embellishing and concurring with your inherited historical lies and fabrications
Are you AWARE Bini people know who you Ika/Anioma folks are and your historical background?
I mean with the flagrant disregard for history you and your people have consistently shown, why are you
still holding on to Igbo dialects, Igbo customs and anything Igbo when Bini is just your next door neighbour?
You deny and dismiss any evidence or talk that goes against your packaged historical improvisations? undecided
Ok, I get it...you folks not only suffer from a deep identity crisis, you also hate anything that your ancestors were or stood for.
Sad, really sad.

Just tell the world, how the Obi of Agbor and all your Obis started bearing Igbo names...leave the dialect part, market day part and all other visible parts of Igbo culture you practice.
Just tell us how the hated Igbos began hawking Igbo names and market days to your "Bini" ancestors in the 20th century cheesy grin

To get you started, hear is a list of your Ika market days
http://www.royaldiary.com.ng/royal-diaries/ika-royal-diary/152-major-markets-in-ika-nation

and here is a list of your your Ika royal fathers
http://www.royaldiary.com.ng/royal-diaries/ika-royal-diary/149-royal-fathers-of-ika-nation
I leave it to you to present their names and the names of their "kingdoms".
Geez all descendants of "Bini" princes wearing Bini royal vestments...but bearing Igbo names and what not.
Let's blame it on the Igbos.

Go through the site and except you are blind to facts, tell me why the Igbo element is so DOMINANT despite all the "comings" from Bini
stories and the "foundings" by Bini refugees.
Also the Bini refugees met empty land and produced generations of people who bought Igbo language, market days and names from the far flung "Igbons".
Were the Igbos also hawking Igbon names and market days back then?
This una history e be as e get sha embarassed

And wait, the slogan says Ali Ika Wu Ali Eze. O me lord! shocked Don't you love your Edo language! grin grin
What happened to Oba, Enogie etc undecided
I know, its those Igbons again! grin cheesy
They smuggled so many Igbo words(in their trading canoes) across the River Niger into the pure Ika Bini language in the 20th century.
I think I finally get it...its the fault of the Igbons right? cry

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by pazienza(m): 12:17am On Jan 20, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Was expecting you to call him an Igbo man trying to steal your wonderful Bini heritage grin

You prefer him embellishing and concurring with your inherited historical lies and fabrications
Are you AWARE Bini people know who you Ika/Anioma folks are and your historical background?
I mean with the flagrant disregard for history you and your people have consistently shown, why are you
still holding on to Igbo dialects, Igbo customs and anything Igbo when Bini is just your next door neighbour?
You deny and dismiss any evidence or talk that goes against your packaged historical improvisations? undecided
Ok, I get it...you folks not only suffer from a deep identity crisis, you also hate anything that your ancestors were or stood for.
Sad, really sad.

Just tell the world, how the Obi of Agbor and all your Obis started bearing Igbo names...leave the dialect part, market day part and all other visible parts of Igbo culture you practice.
Just tell us how the hated Igbos began hawking Igbo names and market days to your "Bini" ancestors in the 20th century cheesy grin

http://www.royaldiary.com.ng/royal-diaries/ika-royal-diary/152-major-markets-in-ika-nation

http://www.royaldiary.com.ng/royal-diaries/ika-royal-diary/149-royal-fathers-of-ika-nation
Geez all descendants of "Bini" princes wearing Bini royal vestments...but bearing Igbo names and what not.

Go through the site and except you are blind to facts, tell me why the Igbo element is so DOMINANT despite all the "comings" from Bini
Also the Bini refugees met empty land and produced generations of people who bought Igbo language, market days and names from the far flung "Igbons".

And wait, the slogan says Ali Ika Wu Ali Eze. O me lord! shocked Don't you love your Edo language! grin grin
They smuggled so many Igbo words(in their trading canoes) across the River Niger into the pure Ika Bini language in the 20th century.

cheesy grin

Ochi egbugom! cheesy
You are brutal.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Sad, really sad.

I think I finally get it...its the fault of the Igbons right?
cry

cheesy grin grin grin
Una no go kill person. cheesy

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 10:14am On Jan 20, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Sad, really sad.

you do not see anything wrong in been double faced because that's what you are as well. This same guy agreed he was biased but you're here defending him. He Changed tone when one of you guys finally wrote something nice about Edo, how are you sure he won't turn around and start arguing on the other side tomorrow when someone else insults Edo.? People like that are dubious but to you as an Igbo man, it's normal.

debating with you guys is like debating with little babies there will never be progress because you will keep on saying the same nonsense over and over again. All the Kings you listed are current kings and some of them have started adopting Igbo sounding names but there are still some with Edo names. If names is what you want to use as a point, can you kindly go down the genealogy of these kingdoms and paste a list of their predecessors ? Didn't we tell you that Ika people used to bear Edo names but now bearing Igbo names? What's the point of pasting 21st century kings when it's been agreed that ikas now bear more of Igbo names? Igbo language and Igbo names didn't start encroaching into Ika land in the 20th century. It started way before that but the influence was very minimal. Ika was much more Edoid. The 20th century influence was too much because of some factors that has been listed here.

Though there was not a time Ikas enslaved the Igbos, Igbon is a derogatory name for the Igbos. That aside, it's possible for masters to adopt language of slaves if the slaves and examples abound in world history. Coming nearer home, Opobo is an example. Even almighty Fulani has been Hausanized. Many Fulanis can no longer speak Fulfude or can only speak a diluted version.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by PabloAfricanus(m): 11:44am On Jan 20, 2017
ehikwe22:
you do not see anything wrong in been double faced because that's what you are as well. This same guy agreed he was biased but you're here defending him. He Changed tone when one of you guys finally wrote something nice about Edo, how are you sure he won't turn around and start arguing on the other side tomorrow when someone else insults Edo.? People like that are dubious but to you as an Igbo man, it's normal.

debating with you guys is like debating with little babies there will never be progress because you will keep on saying the same nonsense over and over again. All the Kings you listed are current kings and some of them have started adopting Igbo sounding names but there are still some with Edo names. If names is what you want to use as a point, can you kindly go down the genealogy of these kingdoms and paste a list of their predecessors ? Didn't we tell you that Ika people used to bear Edo names but now bearing Igbo names? What's the point of pasting 21st century kings when it's been agreed that ikas now bear more of Igbo names? Igbo language and Igbo names didn't start encroaching into Ika land in the 20th century. It started way before that but the influence was very minimal. Ika was much more Edoid. The 20th century influence was too much because of some factors that has been listed here.

Though there was not a time Ikas enslaved the Igbos, Igbon is a derogatory name for the Igbos. That aside, it's possible for masters to adopt language of slaves if the slaves and examples abound in world history. Coming nearer home, Opobo is an example. Even almighty Fulani has been Hausanized. Many Fulanis can no longer speak Fulfude or can only speak a diluted version.

You my friend, like the rest of you fabricators of history, are simply living in denial.
And no, you don't even know if I'm Igbo, I am here because I am interested in Nigerian history.
If you visit other Hausa and Yoruba threads you will probably find my posts there.
I just find this whole Ikwerre, Anioma "Igbo" denial thing curious and uncalled for.

It has been pointed out to you severally, that there is no need for any "Igbo" denial or acceptance, it is simply a futile exercise.
You can and should be anything you want, no one really cares.
But in your quest for "identity", "glory" or whatever, historical accuracy is paramount cos you and your people are NOT the only ones in the picture. Other people who might or might not share ancestry with you are involved.
For example, there is no way you can talk about the presidency of Nigeria without including Fulani dominance or discuss the Nigerian military without including Hausa/Fulani dominance. These are HISTORICAL FACTS. A few hundred years from now, Tiv people who are yet to produce a President or COAS cannot start rewriting the history of Nigerian Presidency or military high command to SUIT THEIR INTERESTS.
Hope you get the point.

Let me summarize for you.
The slogan on that Ika site reads
Ali Ika Wu Ali Eze
That my friend is Igbo language, to be more specific, Southern/Owerre Igbo dialect.
It is not Edo, Urhobo, Ijaw,Igalla or Yoruba language.
The Edos do not speak that language neither do any of Ikas surrounding neighbours.
ONLY the Igbos speak that language or can understand what statement means, it has no meaning in ANY other language.

The names of your market days are Afor,Orie, Eken and Nkwor
Those are not Edo, Urhobo, Ijaw,Igalla or Yoruba market day.
Those names and market days ARE EXCLUSIVE TO Igbo people.

Your marriage rites include items such as these,
http://www.royaldiary.com.ng/royal-diaries/ika-royal-diary/151-ika-traditional-marriage-requirements-standardization-and-formalisation

i. Egho ikoro (Money for the male youths/age group) ₦100
ii. Egho lgbagba (Money for young girls/age group) ₦100
iii. Egho ndi nwunyen (Money for house-wives) ₦200
iv Egho lkpon-oior (Money for elderly women in the family) ₦200
v. Egho ljenozi (Money for the marriage go-between) ₦100
vi Egho Mmundu (Money for the children of the house) ₦50
vii. Egho ndi ri mmulor (Money for those other persons who live with the lady in the house)

The names of those items up there are NOT Edo, Igalla or Yoruba names,
those are marriage item lists in an Igbo dialect and only has meaning in the Igbo tongue.
Only Igbo people have marriage lists with those names.

Here are some of the names of your "royal fathers"

UCHE IRENUMA II The Obi of Abavo Kingdom
DR. BENJAMIN IKENCHUKWU KEAGBOREKUZI I The Dein of Agbor kingdom
IKECHUKWU NKEOBIKWU OSEDUME The Obi of lgbodo
DR. IFEANYICHUKWU ALEKWE II The Obi of Mbiri Kingdom
COLLINS ALIOMA EZENWAL II The Obi of Otolokpo Kingdom
EMMANUEL ONYEIKE EFEIZOMOR II, the Obi of Owa Kingdom
DR. AGADAGIDI EZEAGWU EZENWALII JP The Obi of Umunede Kingdom
OBI AGBOGIDI STEPHEN CHUKWUYERIEZE OSAGIE Ill JP The Obi of Akumazi
DR. G. CHUKWUMA JEKEME I The Obi of Ute-Ogbeje Kingdom
SOLOMON CHUKWUKA I, JP The Obi of Ute-Okpu Kingdom
MBURICHE VINCENT ODILI The Okpara-Uku of ldumuesah Kingdom

You will not find those names among the Ishans, Urhobos, Ijaws,Binis, Igallas or Yorubas.
Ikechukwu,Chukwuka, Chukwuma, Odili,Jekeme, Chukwuyerieze, Alekwe, Uche are names EXCLUSIVE to Igbos.
You can see and count for yourself...ALL Igbo names with smatterings of Edo names like Osagie and Efeizomor etc, which is to be expected seeing that historically, there have been Edo migrants and "princes" who settled and helped set up some of these "monarchies" in an otherwise gerontocratic community with no practice of monarchy. Yes, history records that most of these "kingdoms" and "kings" are recent.
Now the question is, do the presence of these Edo settlers and refugees now mean that the people they met on ground are NOW Edos?
Or did the survival of Igbo language and cultural practice point to the fact that the NATIVES were Igbo speaking people from day one?

To insinuate that such names were adopted after saying that Ikas hold Igbos in contempt and openly have a derogatory name "Igbons" for Igbo people...only highlights the level of your dishonesty and self deceit.
Why did the Ogonis, Ibibios, Efiks, Annangs, Ekoi, Igallas and Idomas also adopt "Igbo" names? Why ONLY Ikas/Aniomas?
Are you implying the Igbos invaded and conquered Ikas?
Or the proud "Bini" culture and language of Ikas gave way to the inferior "Igbon" culture and language of Igbos...whom you love to hate?

Go to Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu, there are full blooded Igbo people bearing Ibibio names such as Inyang, Igalla names like Achadu, Attah etc.
There was and still is an ongoing process of inter ethnic mixture,marriage and cultural exchanges.
The fact that there are people bearing Edo names in Ika land is living proof of Edo mixture and cultural influence.
That is not a bad thing and is only following the course of history.
IT IS TO BE EXPECTED as no ethnic group is 100% pure.
But is that proof of Edo origin or proof that the over 90% of Ikas who bear Igbo their NATIVE Igbo names are now Edos or only starting "adopting" Igbo names?
Also stop with that "Igbon" nonsense...that is simply the ways Ikas pronounce Igbo words, just like the ways Owerri people, Awka people pronounce Igbo words....hence a dialect.
For example, in Ika dialect, Ikechukwu becomes Ikenchukwu, Okpara becomes Okparan, Igbo becomes Igbon etc
It is just an example of Ika and Anioma bigotry to regard "Igbon" as a derogatory name, just the same way Onitsha and their Oguta and Ogbaru cousins call other Igbo people "onye Igbo" like its meant to be an insult.
You all conveniently forget, that "Igbo" is the name these "Igbo" people have always called themselves.
Their names and towns all have "Igbo" in it, IgboUzor (Ibusa), Igbokwe, AmaIgbo, Igboezue, Obigbo etc. So the joke is on you actually.

So you see, based on these evidences, it is clear that Ikas speak an Igbo dialect, practice Igbo culture and tradition,adopted Edo style monarchies and till today have more in common with other Igbo speaking peoples than their Edo,Ishan, Igalla, Urhobo, Itshekiri and Ijaw neighbours.
Those are the facts I and others have been trying to point out to you guys.
And this Igbo presence in Ika was not as a result of invasion, colonization, trading or Christian evangelization like you guys are trying to portray it, neither was it recent. That would be rewriting history...which is why I am here to call you guys to order.

Ofcourse I expect you to dismiss all these evidences and go on repeating the same nonsense...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 1:28pm On Jan 20, 2017
pazienza:

cheesy grin

Ochi egbugom! cheesy
You are brutal.
As in eh....
Pablo takes no prisoners grin

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

You my friend, like the rest of you fabricators of history, are simply living in denial.
And no, you don't even know if I'm Igbo, I am here because I am interested in Nigerian history.
If you visit other Hausa and Yoruba threads you will probably find my posts there.
I just find this whole Ikwerre, Anioma "Igbo" denial thing curious and uncalled for.

It has been pointed out to you severally, that there is no need for any "Igbo" denial or acceptance, it is simply a futile exercise.
But in your quest for "identity", "glory" or whatever, historical accuracy is paramount cos you and your people are NOT the only ones in the picture. Other people who might or might not share ancestry with you are involved.
For example, there is no way you can talk about the presidency of Nigeria without including Fulani dominance or discuss the Nigerian military without including Hausa/Fulani dominance. These are HISTORICAL FACTS. A few hundred years from now, Tiv people who are yet to produce a President or COAS cannot start rewriting the history of Nigerian Presidency or military high command to SUIT THEIR INTERESTS.
Hope you get the point.

Ali Ika Wu Ali Eze
That my friend is Igbo language, to be more specific, Southern/Owerre Igbo dialect.
The Edos do not speak that language neither do any of Ikas surrounding neighbours.
ONLY the Igbos speak that language or can understand what statement means, it has no meaning in ANY other language.

http://www.royaldiary.com.ng/royal-diaries/ika-royal-diary/151-ika-traditional-marriage-requirements-standardization-and-formalisation

those are marriage item lists in an Igbo dialect and only has meaning in the Igbo tongue.

You will not find those names among the Ishans, Urhobos, Ijaws,Binis, Igallas or Yorubas.
Ikechukwu,Chukwuka, Chukwuma, Odili,Jekeme, Chukwuyerieze, Alekwe, Uche are names EXCLUSIVE to Igbos.
You can see and count for yourself...ALL Igbo names with smatterings of Edo names like Osagie and Efeizomor etc, which is to be expected seeing that historically, there have been Edo migrants and "princes" who settled and helped set up some of these "monarchies" in an otherwise gerontocratic community with no practice of monarchy. Yes, history records that most of these "kingdoms" and "kings" are recent.
Now the question is, do the presence of these Edo settlers and refugees now mean that the people they met on ground are NOW Edos?
Or did the survival of Igbo language and cultural practice point to the fact that the NATIVES were Igbo speaking people from day one?

To insinuate that such names were adopted after saying that Ikas hold Igbos in contempt and openly have a derogatory name "Igbons" for Igbo people...only highlights the level of your dishonesty and self deceit.
Why did the Ogonis, Ibibios, Efiks, Annangs, Ekoi, Igallas and Idomas also adopt "Igbo" names? Why ONLY Ikas/Aniomas?
Or the proud "Bini" culture and language of Ikas gave way to the inferior "Igbon" culture and language of Igbos...whom you love to hate?

Go to Abia, Ebonyi and Enugu, there are full blooded Igbo people bearing Ibibio names such as Inyang, Igalla names like Achadu, Attah etc.
There was and still is an ongoing process of inter ethnic mixture,marriage and cultural exchanges.
The fact that there are people bearing Edo names in Ika land is living proof of Edo mixture and cultural influence.
But is that proof of Edo origin or proof that the over 90% of Ikas who bear Igbo their NATIVE Igbo names are now Edos or only starting "adopting" Igbo names?
Also stop with that "Igbon" nonsense...that is simply the ways Ikas pronounce Igbo words, just like the ways Owerri people, Awka people pronounce Igbo words....hence a dialect.
For example, in Ika dialect, Ikechukwu becomes Ikenchukwu, Okpara becomes Okparan, Igbo becomes Igbon etc
It is just an example of Ika and Anioma bigotry to regard "Igbon" as a derogatory name, just the same way Onitsha and their Oguta and Ogbaru cousins call other Igbo people "onye Igbo" like its meant to be an insult.
You all conveniently forget, that "Igbo" is the name these "Igbo" people have always called themselves.
Their names and towns all have "Igbo" in it, IgboUzor (Ibusa), Igbokwe, AmaIgbo, Igboezue, Obigbo etc. So the joke is on you actually.

So you see, based on these evidences, it is clear that Ikas speak an Igbo dialect, practice Igbo culture and tradition,adopted Edo style monarchies and till today have more in common with other Igbo speaking peoples than their Edo,Ishan, Igalla, Urhobo, Itshekiri and Ijaw neighbours.
And this Igbo presence in Ika was not as a result of invasion, colonization, trading or Christian evangelization like you guys are trying to portray it, neither was it recent. That would be rewriting history...which is why I am here to call you guys to order.

Ofcourse I expect you to dismiss all these evidences and go on repeating the same nonsense...
Pablito, that dued is going to bore you to death with the same bullshit. Just ignore him cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Dhugal: 9:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Hope you get the point.

Ali Ika Wu Ali Eze

Efeizomor has always maintained his ancestry to be Nri. That's one royal who won't hear all this Benin story.The edoid name came about as a result of Benin influence during the heyday of the empire,not cos of any blood relation.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 9:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
PabloAfricanus:

Hope you get the point.

Ali Ika Wu Ali Eze

Why do you keep on overflogging one issue with your very long post? Nobody here is saying Ika doesn't bear Igbo name but the majority of Ika surnames are Edo names which shows the Igbo names are recent. All the Kings you listed are current kings. Monarchic system in Ika land is as old as Ika. Go to all Ika kingdoms, they have the lists of all the Kings that have ruled in their Kingdom. Go back and check their names. They are 90% Edo names. It's only recently Ika kings started bearing Igbo names. Ika language has always had some Igbo words in them and has been bearing Igbo names for some few centuries but the percentage of these words and names are not up to 20%. We've tried our best to be balanced and honest in our comments. Itsekiri is Yoruboid and Edoid just like Ika is Igboid and Edoid. You hardly ever hear Yorubas shouting and making noise about Itsekiri being Yorubas. Why must everything Igbo be different?

As for the marriage list up there, I don't see how that is related to Igbo. Every tribe have their marriage lists and it's not only Igbo that uses marriage lists. Egho is not an Igbo word. If you try to claim Egho as an Igbo word, I can also say it's an Edo word. Money is Igho in Edo, Egho in Ika and Ego in Igbo. I'm sure many of the other words in that list is strange to you except you will find an Igbo meaning to them as usual

3 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by cheruv: 11:00pm On Jan 20, 2017
ehikwe22:
Why do you keep on overflogging one issue with your very long post? Nobody here is saying Ika doesn't bear Igbo name but the majority of Ika surnames are Edo names which shows the Igbo names are recent. All the Kings you listed are current kings. Monarchic system in Ika land is as old as Ika. Go to all Ika kingdoms, they have the lists of all the Kings that have ruled in their Kingdom. Go back and check their names. They are 90% Edo names. It's only recently Ika kings started bearing Igbo names. Ika language has always had some Igbo words in them and has been bearing Igbo names for some few centuries but the percentage of these words and names are not up to 20%. We've tried our best to be balanced and honest in our comments. Itsekiri is Yoruboid and Edoid just like Ika is Igboid and Edoid. You hardly ever hear Yorubas shouting and making noise about Itsekiri being Yorubas. Why must everything Igbo be different?

As for the marriage list up there, I don't see how that is related to Igbo. Every tribe have their marriage lists and it's not only Igbo that uses marriage lists. Egho is not an Igbo word. If you try to claim Egho as an Igbo word, I can also say it's an Edo word. Money is Igho in Edo, Egho in Ika and Ego in Igbo. I'm sure many of the other words in that list is strange to you except you will find an Igbo meaning to them as usual
Broz...that Pablo guy has demolished you cry

1 Like

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by pazienza(m): 11:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
Dhugal:

Efeizomor has always maintained his ancestry to be Nri. That's one royal who won't hear all this Benin story.The edoid name came about as a result of Benin influence during the heyday of the empire,not cos of any blood relation.

Even Ugbodu, a Yoruboid group in Anioma, has a long list of Kings with Edoid names, co inciding with the era of history in Anioma, when the Edo held political and social sway on the region.

2 Likes

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:35am On Jan 21, 2017
[b][/b]
pazienza:

Even Ugbodu, a Yoruboid group in Anioma, has a long list of Kings with Edoid names, co inciding with the era of history in Anioma, when the Edo held political and social sway on the region.

UGBODU IS EDIOD NOT YORUBA RUBBISH DONT TWIST FACTS HERE........ YOU MITE EVEN BE YORUBA FOR ALL I CARE angry
pazienza:

UGBODU IS EDIOD NOT YORUBA RUBBISH DONT TWIST FACTS HERE........ YOU MITE EVEN BE YORUBA FOR ALL I CARE
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 10:41am On Jan 21, 2017
[b][/b]
ehikwe22:

KINGSHIP IN IKA IS PURELY EDO THIS FACT IS CRAFTED IN STONE [b]
ehikwe22:

KINGSHIP IN IKA IS PURELY EDO THIS FACT IS CRAFTED IN STONE [/b]
ehikwe22:

KINGSHIP IN IKA IS PURELY EDO THIS FACT IS CRAFTED IN STONE
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by gregyboy(m): 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2017
Am igbo and edo and i respect the great benin culture sincerly sometimes after hearing the history i feel like my father should have been the edo not my mum anyway is still good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 12:01am On Jan 22, 2017
gregyboy:
Am igbo and edo and i respect the great benin culture sincerly sometimes after hearing the history i feel like my father should have been the edo not my mum anyway is still good

lool

YOU ARE STILL A BONAFIED SON OF THE SOIL!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 1:07am On Jan 24, 2017
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 1:31am On Jan 24, 2017
ehikwe22:
[b] OWA KINGDOM

Owa Kingdom consists of seven towns all stating with prefix Owa. These are:

1. Owa-Aiero - This is one of the biggest town in the Owa kingdom with a titular head known as Okparan. Owa Alero is further divided thus:

A. Alugba
Idumuogbe
Aliefor
B. Idumuebor
Idumumusoh Idumuagbala
C. Alioye
Idumuhia
Idumuozoge
Idumuobgekwu
D. Alegwu
Amika
Alegwe Ukeu
Alibgeje
2. Owa Alidinma - an annex town in the Owa kingdom mostly inhabited by migrants. The town is headed by title holder known as Olotu with authority from the Obi of Owa.

3. Owa-Aiizomor has four villages including Idumu, Ogba, Iru quarters and Ileme

4. Owa Ekei is located alongthe Boji Boji Owa axis

5. Owanta consist of Owanta Aliosimi, Owanta Aliedu, Owanta Ukwu

6. Owa-Ofie - this is the kingmakers of the Owa through the Olihe of Ofie. The Olihe's job has the sole job of crowning the Obi of Owa.

a) Agidi
b) Ime-Ofie
c) Ogbe-Ohune
d) IdumuAzala
e) Idumu Obia
f) Utupu
g) Idumu Ugbo
h) Idumu Uwaya
i) Idumu Ekeobi
j) Idumu Ogbodu

7. Owa-Oyibu which is also the headquarters of the Ika North local Government Area. Owa Oyibu is made up of ten villages or quarters. These are:

a) Idah
b) Idumu Aghanta
c) IdumuOgi
d) Idumu-lzomor
e) Idumu-ugbo
f) Idumuuzuugbo
g) Idumu Usuma
h) Ikoko Ogbe
i) OgbeOhun
j) Ogbe Onicha

Each of these towns is an autonomous community. However, they have a unifying ruler - the Obi of Owa. The Owa Kingdom is situated in the Ika North East local Government Area of Delta State. Owa Oyibu as stated above is the headquarters of the local government which was created in 1991 by the Babaginda Administration. Owa is bounded in the south by the Abavo Kingdom, Agbor in the North and Idumuesah in the East. The origin of Owa is traceable to the NRI Factor:

According to traditional mythology, the people of Owa came from Nri,the fabled ancestral home of all Igbos, located in Aniocha local Government Area in Anambra State. The ,Obi of Owa, His Royal Highness Dr. E.O.Efeizomor II,JP,the 17 Monarch, admitted the migration in the 13 century when he confirmed that he has been to Nri several times on his research studies in collaboration with a renowned anthropologist, Professor Onwuejiogwu of the University of Benin. According to the monarch, they have traced the dispersal process in the course of Owa migration whose original people founded the present day Ute-Okpu. Hear him: "History has it that during the Idah War the ruling Oba Eweka of Benin sent an appeal for military reinforcement. In response to the distress call, Odogwu and Ozomor, the first and second sons of King Ijue of Ute-Okpu left to fight on the side of the Bini army. Their father passed on while they were on that military expedition. Since there could not be a vacuum on the throne and the people of Ute-Okpu could not be left rudderless, the youngest brother of the volunteer warriors was crowned their father's success. When Odogwu and Ozomor returned, they were informed of the unfortunate incident. Concerned kinsmen were curious to know the position of the crown prince who was unwilling to unseat one from a common womb. To avoid crisis, Odogwu, Ozomor and other loyalists migrated westward to found a new home elsewhere. The people were tactically told that the crown prince had gone into "hiding", Owa riOwe" (they have parted ways} "Owa riOwe" was shortened to OWA.

Resultantly, Odogwu, unified other towns and villages leading to the formation of the Owa Kingdom during 13" century. However, it should be noted, that Odogwu ensured the maintenance of the brotherly relationship between Owa and Ute. Some school of thought disagree with the Nriorigin and rather ascribe the migration of Odogwu and Adagba from Eloha in Edo state. The bottom-line, is that richness of the culture of the Owa people. The qualities of which are seen in the commitment to hard work, responsibility and integrity exhibited by most of the achievers from the Owa Kingdom.

GOVERNMENT OF OWA KINGDOM
The head of the government of Owa Kingdom is the Obi of Owa, The administrative headquarters is at Owa-Oyibu. The Obi is aided by a council of Chief in the administration. The council of Chiefs is made up of the Ison, Osuma, Osague, Ihondor, Ede, Obanor and Ovia. The administrative mode in the towns that make up the Owa Kingdom is by Gerontocracy, a government led by the oldest male in the community called the Okparan or Okiba-Aii. They have a form of delegated authority for administration, adjudication and sometimes functions on certain religious affairs.

By: ROYAL DIARIES INVESTMENTS LIMITED[/b]

I copied this from an Igbo page. I copied it for the people screaming how Igbo name and culture is dominant in Ika area. Let them come tell me how the formation and structure of Ika Kingdoms are similar to Igbo. Mind you, this structure and culture is not like language that can easily be influenced that is why we are able to retain them even though our language is fast getting Igbonized.
Now, talking about Owa origin, I can categorically tell you that Owa has nothing to do with Nri. The Owa indigines have always maintained that their founders are from Benin. The reason Onwujeogu formulated the Nri theorem was because of the name of one of the founders odogun but the name Odogun is not exclusive to the Igbos. The Esans and the ancient Benins use the name as an Olutu or war chief. Odogun title is also the Olutu that is the war chief all over Ika and some other Anioma areas. It's Odogun in Esan but Edogun in Benin. Even the Owa people call Edogun in their dialect though other Ika clans use odogun.
The Onwuejeogwu of a man was the brain behind a book purportedly written by the Obi, the Obi later accepted this. but Owa indigenes denounced the book and released their own history.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 1:49am On Jan 24, 2017
Now that I got that of Owa, next I'll get that of other Ika clans. Ikas operate on a level that is far above anything that can be found anywhere in Igboland. It's an insult to us for anybody to come here to say Ikas are majorly of Igbo origin or that Igbos are aborigines without any evidence. Even telling later Benin migrants to go back to Benin is the height of ignorance and it shows these people don't understand anything about Ika land.

I'll also try and get the lists of all the Ika Kingdoms and the Kings that have ruled them for the guys saying kingship in Ika is recent and to see when Ika Monarchs started bearing Igbo names.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 7:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
Interview granted Vanguard by Dein.
WHAT was childhood like, how did you grow up?
As many people know in Nigeria, I crowned at the age of 2 years, 4 months and not too long after that for security reasons, I had to travel abroad. As at the time that I was crowned, I will take as honour to Nigeria because honour to anybody in Nigeria is an honour to the country. The Guinness Book of Records recorded the country as having the world’s youngest crowned monarch at the time. I grew up in the United Kingdom; it was very interesting and as far as am concerned, that was the building block of who I am today. Security reasons Rather than growing up with silver spoon in my mouth, which I would have grown up with had I been here with my father, instead I grew up in a country where I had to be very silent about who I was for security reasons. However, the relevant authorities, royal palace and queens’ palace knew who I was and where I was. The headmaster in the schools always knew who I was, but thanks to those who made it so and I am very grateful for this, I was able to grow up pretty normally without the rest of the children knowing who I was and I have always enjoyed that. Therefore, it was somewhat a strong training ground for me. I finally came back to Nigeria in the year 2000; I had been to Nigeria previously on two occasions for short visit. The final coming back was after I aged 15, I had become very pro- African after understanding that Africa is actually the cradle of civilization. Africa is where the great stories of the Bible mainly took place, Africa is where you can find the Garden of Eden, we are great people in Africa and at 15 years, I dedicated my life to making sure that the world one day will recognize Africa as it was in the distant past. So, it has been a very interesting life, it has taught me one thing, we are all human beings, those in position of power and leadership are simply in a position of trust, our people trust us and we must dedicate our lives to serving them. Once again, being abroad taught me that even it is once every year, those in leadership should go somewhere where nobody knows them. Arguments and problems It will make them to remember that we are all the same, I drive and I go out incommunicado on my own, we all bleed, we all cry, we all have good days and bad days and we will all join our ancestors one day. Therefore, what we do in life is cherish what we have and people around us and stop the war, the arguments and problems, be your brother’s keeper, these things are part of my growing up and what made me who I am today.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/what-buhari-should-do-with-tompolo-asari-dein-of-agbor/
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 7:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
READ THIS CAREFULLY AND TELL ME HOW DEIN SAID HE WAS FROM AGULERI

There was a report then that the Oba of Benin took custody of you then, can you confirm this tongue?
Certainly, you can imagine that the Oba of Benin and Ooni of Ife were quite instrumental with the government of the day in making sure that I was crowned. Many people do not understand that the relationship between Benin and Agbor kingdoms is a very ancient one. We are direct blood brothers, so at that time, there was a lot of pandemonium, my life was at risk, the safest place for me then was to have stayed with my brother, the Oba of Benin.

Therefore, I was there briefly before they finally took me abroad. At what point in your life did you find out that you are a king?

From the moment I was born, I knew that I am a monarch to be, just like my son, he carries his royalty very well

. There was this succession battle while you were outside the country, how did it play out?

First, there was never anything like a succession battle, so you have two assumed facts that are very incorrect. We have a tradition here that dates back to 721 BC, which is our first dynasty of which I am the 19th monarch. From 1270 AD, the monarchy here is hereditary, so if you know that there is a hereditary monarchy and there was a vacuum, then there cannot be a succession battle. The interest then was simply a matter of the Regency Council; a regency council had to be in place to manage the affairs of the kingdom. Of course, the regency council is just like an authority, an agency, it is something that happens whenever there is a vacancy anywhere in this country, so everybody was very interested, that was simply what it was.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/08/what-buhari-should-do-with-tompolo-asari-dein-of-agbor/

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by ehikwe22: 7:29pm On Jan 24, 2017
ehikwe22:
[color = blue] [b] READ THIS CAREFULLY AND TELL ME HOW DEIN SAID HE WAS FROM AGULERI

There was a report then that the Oba of Benin took custody of you then, can you confirm this tongue?
Certainly, you can imagine that the Oba of Benin and Ooni of Ife were quite instrumental with the government of the day in making sure that I was crowned. Many people do not understand that the relationship between Benin and Agbor kingdoms is a very ancient one. We are direct blood brothers, so at that time, there was a lot of pandemonium, my life was at risk, the safest place for me then was to have stayed with my brother, the Oba of Benin.

Therefore, I was there briefly before they finally took me abroad. At what point in your life did you find out that you are a king?

From the moment I was born, I knew that I am a monarch to be, just like my son, he carries his royalty very well

. There was this succession battle while you were outside the country, how did it play out?

First, there was never anything like a succession battle, so you have two assumed facts that are very incorrect. We have a tradition here that dates back to 721 BC, which is our first dynasty of which I am the 19th monarch. From 1270 AD, the monarchy here is hereditary, so if you know that there is a hereditary monarchy and there was a vacuum, then there cannot be a succession battle. The interest then was simply a matter of the Regency Council; a regency council had to be in place to manage the affairs of the kingdom. Of course, the regency council is just like an authority, an agency, it is something that happens whenever there is a vacancy anywhere in this country, so everybody was very interested, that was simply what it was. [/b]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by BornStunner1: 4:47am On Jan 25, 2017
ehikwe22:
READ THIS CAREFULLY AND TELL ME HOW DEIN SAID HE WAS FROM AGULERI

First, there was never anything like a succession battle, so you have two assumed facts that are very incorrect. We have a tradition here that dates back to 721 BC, which is our first dynasty of which I am the 19th monarch. From 1270 AD, the monarchy here is hereditary, so if you know that there is a hereditary monarchy and there was a vacuum, then there cannot be a succession battle. The interest then was simply a matter of the Regency Council; a regency council had to be in place to manage the affairs of the kingdom. Of course, the regency council is just like an authority, an agency, it is something that happens whenever there is a vacancy anywhere in this country, so everybody was very interested, that was simply what it was.

I REMEMBER THAT TIME LIKE IT WAS YESTERDAY!!

OBA EREDUAWA REALLY HAD A STRONG INFLEUCE ON THIS YOUNG CHAPS LIFE...... IF NOT FOR OBA HE WIULD HAVE BEEN KILLED!!
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:38pm On Feb 04, 2017
cheruv:

As in eh....
Pablo takes no prisoners grin

Ngozi123:

Then how can they understand the Enuani dialect, which is the most dominant dialect in the region? Something is amiss here...

The history of the Urhobo generally began from an Edo territory supposedly around where the ancient town of Udo and Benin City are currently located. At the end of the Ogiso dynasty, many Urhobo and Edo-groups left Udo in different directions, each at its own pace, in search of more peaceful territories. It was natural that in those compelling circumstances, peace-loving and less powerful Edo-groups had to leave the territory to seek fortunes in less populated but more economically resourceful territories.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urhobo_people

NOW TELL ME IT IS A COINCIDENCE THAT UDO IS AN IGBO WORD? URHOBO HISTORY SUPPORTS MY CLAIMS.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 9:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
hammerF:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Urhobo_people
NOW TELL ME IS IT A COINCIDENCE THAT UDO IS AN IGBO WORD? URHOBO HISTORY SUPPORTS MY CLAIMS.

You are too funny for words. This word 'Udo", - does it have the same meaning in Edo language, that it has in Igbo language? A word could mean totally different things in several different languages, whose lexicon contain the same word. Do not forget that intonation and inflections also come into play, when it comes to decoding the meaning of a word.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
laudate:

You are too funny for words. This word 'Udo", - does it have the same meaning in Edo language, that it has in Igbo language? A word could mean totally different things in several different languages, whose lexicon contain the same word. Do not forget that intonation and inflections also come into play, when it comes to decoding the meaning of a word.

Ugbo in Bini and Igbo mean the same word besides, Udo is an Igbo word.

The coincidence are getting far too many to be ignored or swept under the carpet.
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by laudate: 9:55pm On Feb 04, 2017
hammerF:
Ugbo in Bini and Igbo mean the same word besides, Udo is an Igbo word.
The coincidence are getting far too many to be ignored or swept under the carpet.

And they told you that the word Udo does not exist in Edo language?
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by hammerF: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
laudate:

And they told you that the word Udo does not exist in Edo language?

See this link and read very carefully becos i know that u are slow. U might want to buy the book.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=XIKpCwAAQBAJ&pg=PT50&lpg=PT50&dq=Bini+and+Igbo+words&source=bl&ots=TDsp4nrmXO&sig=QY_bA6GIqgM-7B2FzUEtaq0FMvM&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwievem2qffRAhXKB8AKHUP8A5sQ6AEITDAG#v=onepage&q=Bini%20and%20Igbo%20words&f=false
Re: 23 Year Old : Obi Nduka Ezeagwuna II Crowned 20th Obi Of Issele-uku - Pictures by Igboid: 9:56pm On Feb 04, 2017
The Onwuejeogwu of a man was the brain behind a book purportedly written by the Obi, the Obi later accepted this. but Owa indigenes denounced the book and released their own history.

Other than your empty words, do you have any evidence to prove that Obi of Owa was not the author of the book where he acknowledged Owa nri ancestry?

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (74) (Reply)

10 Beautiful African Traditional Wedding Attires / A Short History Of Yorubaland With Pictures / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 239
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.