Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,197 members, 7,835,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:22 PM

Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please (3433 Views)

They Met On Twitter, Now They Are Getting Married / Lady Stages Proposal After Facebook Said She Would Be Married In 2018 / Lady Who Was Duped And Jilted By 8 Men Finally Got Married In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 4:30am On Jan 02, 2017
Hi,
I'm from the UK and my fiance and I have decided we want to marry in Nigeria instead of here. Just after some tips please.
Thanks in advance
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 4:38am On Jan 02, 2017
Do you have the official list?
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nutase: 6:45am On Jan 02, 2017
Budget?
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 7:05am On Jan 02, 2017
Is He an Afonja?? Or a Herdsman??
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 7:57am On Jan 02, 2017
You are from the UK so what's your bizines with Naigiriya
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:12am On Jan 02, 2017
unclezuma:
Do you have the official list?

No. I have nothing at all. Me and him only decided yesterday
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:13am On Jan 02, 2017
Nutase:
Budget?

Budget - maximum £1000
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:14am On Jan 02, 2017
Presh9OO:
Is He an Afonja?? Or a Herdsman??

I do not know the answer to that question unfortunately.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 8:15am On Jan 02, 2017
SirJeffry:
You are from the UK so what's your bizines with Naigiriya

I met him over here in 2015. Been a couple ever since and we have a child together

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by pweetychyka(f): 8:34am On Jan 02, 2017
Either of u, who is Nigerian?

Let's start from dere 1st!
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by slimthugchimee2(m): 8:38am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Budget - maximum £1000

will that £1000 also be put in flight charges?
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:
Hi,
I'm from the UK and my fiance and I have decided we want to marry in Nigeria instead of here. Just after some tips please.
Thanks in advance
LOL! First of all, why do you guys want to marry in Nigeria?
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nutase: 9:22am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Budget - maximum £1000
With the current exchange rate of 600+ to a pound that will amount to about 620,000 naira and the on going recession in Nigeria it might not take you too far.
If you're budgeting for between 50 - 100 guests it might be enough if it is not inclusive of your flight tickets and bridal wears.
Best of luck.

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

I do not know the answer to that question unfortunately.
Aii'.. It all depends on your budget tho'
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:31am On Jan 02, 2017
pweetychyka:
Either of u, who is Nigerian?

Let's start from dere 1st!

He is. I'm British

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:32am On Jan 02, 2017
slimthugchimee2:

will that £1000 also be put in flight charges?

No that doesn't include the flight over and back. £1000 just for the wedding
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:33am On Jan 02, 2017
DeeTus:
LOL! First of all, why do you guys want to marry in Nigeria?

Because it seems easier than marrying over here.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:35am On Jan 02, 2017
Nutase:
With the current exchange rate of 600+ to a pound that will amount to about 620,000 naira and the on going recession in Nigeria it might not take you too far.
If you're budgeting for between 50 - 100 guests it might be enough if it is not inclusive of your flight tickets and bridal wears.
Best of luck.

Really? Ok then so maybe I need to up my budget. I already have my wedding dress
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:37am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Because it seems easier than marrying over here.
That's a pretty good answer.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:37am On Jan 02, 2017
Presh9OO:
Aii'.. It all depends on your budget tho'

£1000 just for the wedding. Flight is separate. And also I have already got my wedding dress
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:38am On Jan 02, 2017
DeeTus:
That's a pretty good answer.

He's been refused a visa twice so I am going there

1 Like

Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

£1000 just for the wedding. Flight is separate. And also I have already got my wedding dress
You do know that here ,Weddings are a pretty lavish occasion ryy?? Tho' it's a good budget to start with but if you guys plan to go the "Nigerian Way" and throw a Lavish party , i don't think that will be enough...
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:40am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

.... And you have run all necessary background checks??
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

Ok. But you need to ask him if he submitted any fake document or not in the process of applying for a visa. Ask him to open up to you more in order to avoid another denial.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:46am On Jan 02, 2017
Presh9OO:

Background checks on him?
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:47am On Jan 02, 2017
DeeTus:
Ok. But you need to ask him if he submitted any fake document or not in the process of applying for a visa. Ask him to open up to you more in order to avoid another denial.

He sent me all paperwork for visas. Including the decision which came with the reasons for refusal
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:53am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

He sent me all paperwork for visas. Including the decision which came with the reasons for refusal
Okay.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:55am On Jan 02, 2017
DeeTus:
Okay.

We do tell each other everything. I'm on good terms with his mum too. Me and him have had the worst 2016 ever.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:57am On Jan 02, 2017
Presh9OO:
It's totally un-necessary.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 10:58am On Jan 02, 2017
Presh9OO:
You do know that here ,Weddings are a pretty lavish occasion ryy?? Tho' it's a good budget to start with but if you guys plan to go the "Nigerian Way" and throw a Lavish party , i don't think that will be enough...

Yes I know weddings are a big affair in Nigeria. What would you say was a good budget then? What would cover everything to make the occasion spectacular?
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 02, 2017
EmilieJones:

We do tell each other everything. I'm on good terms with his mum too. Me and him have had the worst 2016 ever.
It's okay. His mom likes you.
Re: Tips On Getting Married In Nigeria Please by EmilieJones(f): 11:01am On Jan 02, 2017
DeeTus:
It's okay. His mom likes you.

Yes she does. Me and him have a child together too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Please What Is Wrong With This Pictures? / With A Fellow Nairalander - Photos / Guys, Will You Agree??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.