Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,593 members, 7,861,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:21 PM

Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman (30242 Views)

Amina Mohammed Watch Keenly As Buhari Delivers His Speech At UN General Assembly / Pre-wedding Photos Of Nadine Mohammed, Amina Mohammed's Daughter / Jonathan & Okonjo-Iweala Congratulate Amina Mohammed. Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by jublazer(m): 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
Atiku2019:
embarassed
u carry this attitude over to 2017
choi ......

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Nobody: 2:02pm On Jan 02, 2017
Well, for a career it is a good thing for her. I would also love to work with the UN if given a chance. It gives you this lofty philosophy of life, like you are truly doing something great.

But let us face it. The United Nations? Hahahaha! Abeg wey Fela?

-Syria
-Yemen
-Rawanda
-Libya
-Palestine
-Even the Nigerian/Biafra Civil war
-Serbia/Bosnia-Yugoslavia
-etc
-etc
-etc

What have they done/what did they do?

Not until the US decided not to veto the current resolution aimed at stopping Israel from Illegal settlement expansion, did it have any effect.

A united nation where the countries are not equal?
Where Africa practically begs to be in the security council?

What is united there?

I wish her good luck. It is a career boost for her and if in her shoes, I would be very glad. The Diplomatic passport for me and my family alone is enough to give me joy. grin

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Atiku2019: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
jublazer:
embarassed
u carry this attitude over to 2017
choi ......

grin grin grin Brother Happy New Year oooooh.

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kudos to her!
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 02, 2017
Kudos to her!

What you guys don't see is she is guaranteed to get paid a high salary in USD for the next 5 years. 10 years if term is renewed.

Deputy Secretary General of UN would look good on any C.V. It would open doors for her for the rest of her life.

Shocking thing i learnt is, it seems she doesn't even have a university degree.

When God is for you, no one can be against you...when He isn't who can bail you out Quran V 3:160

If high school cert holder can get to this position and multiple PHD holder can't..... More grease / power to her elbow!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by alizma: 2:06pm On Jan 02, 2017
wailers will tell that she is not the same Amina in Buhari's cabinet.
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by warriorPedigree: 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alariwo2:
Ipob how market?

Buhari don pass message to UN through her that Nigeria's unity is non-negotiable
Biafra don't need buharias opinion on nothing.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Rayhutar(m): 2:07pm On Jan 02, 2017
Alariwo2:
Ipob how market?

Buhari don pass message to UN through her that Nigeria's unity is non-negotiable
Wetin concern IPOB with this one, the woman had been working with UN for years, IPOB is aware of that, she is not part of UN security council that make decisions,Nigeria is not even part of it

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by jublazer(m): 2:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
Atiku2019:

grin grin grin Brother Happy New Year oooooh.
cheesy

how is u....

but this ur Monika strong gahnn...

change go soon affect am this year... I prophesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by apholaryn: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
freedom96:
If it were something bad u would have seen them falling over themselves to condemn the entire north

Nairaland is full of hypocrites! angry
you just kno? especially those fllllllat headed monsters
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by alizma: 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
Rayhutar:

Wetin concern IPOB with this one, the woman had been working with UN for years, IPOB is aware of that, she is not part of UN security council that make decisions,Nigeria is not even part of it
like say you need to understand the power and position of un secretary general in decision making.
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Cocolatti(m): 2:11pm On Jan 02, 2017
I thought she belongs "IN THE OTHER ROOM"
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 02, 2017
alizma:

like say you need to understand the power and position of un secretary general in decision making.

The Five(5) permanent Security Council members make all the decisions. Her position looks good on a C.V, but in reality, where the power lies, it's practically useless. There is really nothing of actual significance she can do.

The US Ambassador to the UN, Samantha Power is currently the world's most powerful woman at the UN.

4 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by winningwinner(m): 2:16pm On Jan 02, 2017
If what you wrote of her is true, why was she chosen to perform the work of a mere DEPUTY. Will she not be relegated to the floor as our present Vice President?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by tens4real(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
ITEKEM:
See her Face
I bet buhari took her to da oza room before her UN appointment angry
is your brain paining you
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Rayhutar(m): 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
alizma:

UN Secretary general has no power to influence anything, the security council has the power. UN is controlled by US with strong opposition from China,Russia and other members of security council.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Nobody: 2:19pm On Jan 02, 2017
benedictnsi:
Okay..... Just wish this our 21st century girls are reading this kinda stuffs

All they care for is money, d!ck , and money lately ....
see dis one

u can do absolute nothing without money
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by karzyharsky(m): 2:20pm On Jan 02, 2017
good woman
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Orikinla1: 2:23pm On Jan 02, 2017
She has got class, power and style.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by SIRmanjar(m): 2:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
Why d intelligent fulani kween no wan speak againzt her broder babaric behaviour for our country?

2 Likes

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Cire80: 2:39pm On Jan 02, 2017
I hope Buhari Will find someone to replace her post ? I doubt.
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Debra911(f): 2:40pm On Jan 02, 2017
That's great, it'll help motivate girls of today
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by Onyitina(f): 2:43pm On Jan 02, 2017
@dalongjnr...is this nigeria catfish with Caribbean spice flavor? Any one available in Awka? Won't the nylon package heat the fish and make it decay on time?
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by discusant: 2:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
@Op.

If you like, let Amina Mohammed be God's most powerful creature, she can't save Nigeria from disintegration, due mainly to Nigeria's existing political structure and constitution created by Arewa soldiers.

To breathe upon the necks of politicians from the south of Nigeria, Arewa draws undue large political representation from the twenty new federal units created in Arewa. Rest of Nigeria remain siddon de look Arewa politicians in Nigeria's political process.

Another stuff please.

IPOB all the way.

1 Like

Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by winningwinner(m): 2:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
winningwinner:
If what you wrote of her is true, why was she chosen to perform the work of a mere DEPUTY. Will she not be relegated to the floor as our present Vice President?
Re: Amina Mohammed – Un’s Most Powerful Woman by seguno2: 2:46pm On Jan 02, 2017
dalongjnr:
she's the true definition of beauty & brain. Eloquent n smart Fulani woman.

If you sef chop free dollars meant for ND Clean up, you will be more than the true definition of beauty & brain.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo With Maitama Sule's Wife, Daughters & Other Family Members (Photos) / Abdulmumin Jubrin Meets With Rabiu Kwankwaso In Kano / Photos Of The 3,000 Nigerians Deported From Niger Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.