Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,031 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens (39721 Views)

We Pay N1.5billion To Poorest Nigerians Monthly - VP Osinbajo Says / "Jonathan, The Poorest Ex-President, His Parlour Can’t Hold 10 People" - Igali / How We Selected Beneficiaries Of N5,000 Stipend To Poorest Nigerians- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by labo101: 12:09am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by mizzy007(m): 12:09am On Jan 03, 2017
ppl are now shouting 'it won't work' n 'Its a waste of money' same ppl shouting since about the 5k campaign promise. God help us

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Kingspin(m): 12:09am On Jan 03, 2017
It look good you pay them. Am not in Nigeria maybe that's why I laugh at most of their policies. The pressing issues/needs, better laws and good regulations framework that can change the fortune of a country are completely neglected. We keep rolling plans that yield no peaceful result. The country always planning and working like a drowning man which they are really. Who will save Nigeria?. Who are you paying N5000? For how long? How many unemployed youths? What criteria do you use to determine the number of poorest citizens? So they are only eating today and die tomorrow. Nigeria need a total and genuine change.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by aladon10: 12:12am On Jan 03, 2017
Lanretoye:
How do we knw the poorest citizens now?
using BVN lol wink
Lanretoye:
using
BVN lol
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Caseless: 12:12am On Jan 03, 2017
MadamExcellency:
Thank goodness, my business will start booming beyond my annual target because the government has learnt that not all "chop-I-chop" is corruption but a systematically drawn policy of cash flow to the poor. The government should ensure that the deficiencies and nepotism inherent in SURE-P
are checked.

Let the cash flow continue until we spent our way out of recession.

However, people should not rely on welfare as a means of livelihood because it's a licence to indolence and perpetual poverty.
you guys should shut up already. You complain APC promised 5k and it's not paying. Here we are , they're paying and you guys are still complaining.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by mmsen: 12:13am On Jan 03, 2017
Without a proper census or identification system this is designed to fail.

Deal with the structural flaws before doling out money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Newmanluckyman(m): 12:13am On Jan 03, 2017
... A ponzi scheme directed for 2019 elections.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Qmerit(m): 12:17am On Jan 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:

I laugh when you say the poor don't spend. Just say the allowance would relieve some persons some burdens e.g some foodstuffs

I was serious when I say the poor don't spend like the rich! Look at this, when the rich drive to fuel station to fill tank like 10k, the poor fill his bike if there's any with less than 1k, when the rich go to fast food and spend hell the poor go to mama put and spend meagre, when the rich make a pot of soup/stew 6k or more give the poor 1k soup would be ready sometime sweeter, when the rich buys a bottle of win for 5k,10k,20k,30k etc the poor buys spirit/ sapele water for 2h and be high. Comparisons re many.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by wapmingle: 12:17am On Jan 03, 2017
A guy tried to Twerk which later ended up to be very funny and bad as well
watch video below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PRuEo6tW20
Goodnight lol
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by UncleJudax(m): 12:18am On Jan 03, 2017
greenpasture:

BVN
Yea. Only the poor has it.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by aknabob: 12:35am On Jan 03, 2017
Blackteeth:
The poorest citizens should be the beggars at the motor parks. They are the ones who deserve it.
some beggars are better than some ppl, bt u wouldn't knw cos dey are begging
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by InvertedHammer: 12:56am On Jan 03, 2017
Lanretoye:

North? Check. Borno, Niger.

SW? Check. Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti.

What else do you need to know?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by bookface: 12:57am On Jan 03, 2017
greenpasture:

Lol. With my first child at 29, that's kind of difficult. I wish it were true though * sigh*

But here is a background into how conditional cash transfers work. Incidentally it isn't new; Ameachi test drove this in Rivers state a couple of years back.

But here is how BVN simplifies the financial pre-qualification; it's very very simple.

The aim of the FGN's CCT ( conditional cash transfer) is as follows.
1. Reflate the economy in a non inflationary way
2. Drive financial inclusion
3. Embed social impact using pre conditions of children's inoculation.

I state this because I will refer to one of these points again below.

How it works; A single view of all bank account holders is obtained through BVN historical average of bank lodgements/account positions. A simple database script triggers social entitlement status showing the poorest of bank account holders, while address/location triggers state by state entitlements. Final verification may include physical visits ( this last part also creates employment opportunities under the program)

Not everyone has a bank account? Sure. See my point 2. Above.

BVN is an important capability in any financial status profiling. Especially for CCT's and other social entitlement programs.

Reflating an economy with high inflation? Makes you wonder where these so called policy makers are getting their economics degree from.

Typically, you reflate an economy with a certain degree of deflation - e.g Japan

This types of spending proposed by the federal government has a cost - Typically Nigerians will pay for it either

a) Through increased taxation (which the government is not doing)
b) Fiscal austerity (which the government is not doing)
b) Increased deficit spending
c) Higher inflation

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 12:59am On Jan 03, 2017
What about the people who have jobs and actually worked but are not being paid? Are they gonna pay them?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 03, 2017
Please the attached pix is it for the feeding, loan or cash disbursement program?

Anyway please what are the criteria for determining poor Nigerians, let me check myself very veey well plus my neighbours here.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 1:02am On Jan 03, 2017
Government of antonyms

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by ZoneBslayer(m): 1:09am On Jan 03, 2017
mizzy007:
ppl are now shouting 'it won't work' n 'Its a waste of money' same ppl shouting since about the 5k campaign promise. God help us
the little education you and your daft 'leaders' got in school was an utter waste!
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by bookface: 1:13am On Jan 03, 2017
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by ZUBY77(m): 1:44am On Jan 03, 2017
Yet another idiotoiic program to be hijacked in a few weeks by the high calibre fraudsters in human clothes

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Nobody: 1:52am On Jan 03, 2017
OAUTemitayo:
Surep na fraud na
Some people will not like your comments
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by seguno2: 1:57am On Jan 03, 2017
Qmerit:
Campaign promises re being met gradually, more on economy PMB,
God bless you and your good team!
bad ones should be pls deleted by sacking,
Like the "well spended minister" etc

Campaign promise to create dependent almajiri beggars who will have no incentive to work?
Why is it so easy to fool us?
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by seguno2: 2:00am On Jan 03, 2017
ZUBY77:
Yet another idiotoiic program to be hijacked in a few weeks by the high calibre fraudsters in human clothes

The way Dalung & co hijacked Super Falcons money and spended it.
What a bunch of demonic conmen.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by aspirebig: 2:07am On Jan 03, 2017
Really

Not again, until #1=1 $, I may not believe this #5k stuff.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by seguno2: 2:10am On Jan 03, 2017
asuustrike2009:
Yea.When the head leads by example the tail follows suit

Yeah.
The head leads by example of N100 million for new kitchen utensils!
The head leads by example of N750 million rent for Aso Rock!!
The head leads by example of Aso clinic budget more than ALL Teaching hospitals combined but still goes to London to repair his ears!!!

Why?
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by mmsen: 2:11am On Jan 03, 2017
ekanDamie:
this is one policy I am utterly disappointed at.
why waste 5k that will never still be sufficient for this poor people?

if the invest that money into industrialization, in 6months we will have an industry running somewhere, u can now employ this people to do easy jobs n pay them from it.
stop wasting money to score cheap political points.

Remember what happened to the schools that were designed to lift a generation of almajiris out of poverty - what happened to those schools?

The useless abokis decided it is better to waste foreign exchange in the desert than to ensure that young people get an education.
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Oblang(m): 2:17am On Jan 03, 2017
obailala:
Sharing money to people still remains madness... Campaign promise or not, it's a silly idea to share free money to anyone and this would definitely end up as another sure avenue for vultures to loot money. Whatever happened to implementation of the school feeding programme instead of this bazaar to waste scarce funds?

I guess u would have preferred the free money be shared with the likes of metuh,ffk and others through ATM dasuki...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by Oblang(m): 2:20am On Jan 03, 2017
seguno2:

Yeah.
The head leads by example of N100 million for new kitchen utensils!
The head leads by example of N750 million rent for Aso Rock!!
The head leads by example of Aso clinic budget more than ALL Teaching hospitals combined but still goes to London to repair his ears!!!

Why?

I will only take u serious if only u aint one of those who refer to that ogogoro man as hero....
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by seguno2: 2:30am On Jan 03, 2017
Oblang:
I will only take u serious if only u aint one of those who refer to that ogogoro man as hero....

I thought this was about Buhari's failed and failing regime after almost two years?
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by seguno2: 2:33am On Jan 03, 2017
Oblang:
I guess u would have preferred the free money be shared with the likes of metuh,ffk and others through ATM dasuki...

Just like Buhari is sharing money through Buratai who bought multi million dollar mansions in Dubai.
Spot the difference?
Re: Nigerian Government Starts Paying N5,000 Every Month To Poorest Citizens by jimenyo: 3:04am On Jan 03, 2017
l just hope this is not another lie from the FG! One hardly believes them nowadays because the lies are becoming monotonous!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lirwan Aminu Gadagau Shot Dead By Bandits In Kaduna / Hunters' Gift To Prince Eze Madumere, Imo State Deputy Governor / Adeboye Declines Interview After Closed-Door Meeting With Buhari In Aso Rock

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.