Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,167 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Still On Igbo And Yoruba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On Igbo And Yoruba (2340 Views)

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) / Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 3:28am On Nov 21, 2009
Yoruba claim that their forefather fell from heaven. How possible is this?
Igbo claim they have links with Israel, even with their dark skin and big nose (like typical AFRICANS)
These two groups are bunch of liars
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by devilmaycy: 3:32am On Nov 21, 2009

This is more plausible and possible than this:

Igbo claim they have links with Israel, even with their dark skin and big nose (like typical AFRICANS)

By the way big nose is a stereotype for jewish ppl
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 3:44am On Nov 21, 2009
DevilMaycy,

How did Oduduwa fall from heaven? Care to explain? Thanks
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by kyzar(m): 5:09am On Nov 21, 2009
dont make fun of such tales. the yoruba and igbo beliefs are societal craddles deeply rooted in their culture.

the fact that you accept it or not, it is still a source of sustenance and inspiration for the followers of such faiths.

Besides, i think its better to believe in something strongly that not to at all.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by OgidiBoy(m): 5:11am On Nov 21, 2009
Another crazy thread angry

*yawn*
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Abagworo(m): 9:41am On Nov 21, 2009
gfoh!!!!
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by citizenY(m): 11:39am On Nov 21, 2009
@ Mekus

And how does that affect deregulation of the petroleum industry or stop PDP from rigging or make the
national assembly sit at Jankara market to pass the budget? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by OpsE1: 12:15pm On Nov 21, 2009
Which one be my own. Plenty Nonsense !!!
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by bilymuse: 1:18pm On Nov 21, 2009
they are the problem plus hausa people.
Minority need to unite and rule the country
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by citizenY(m): 3:02pm On Nov 21, 2009
Mr. Billy muse abi mouse,

Which one be ya own. This is a dialiogue betwee husband and wife, dem never call inlaws yet.

Na poke nose you dey do, come take others join. Keep away.

Wher you come fronm sef? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 7:09pm On Nov 21, 2009
thread reported.

anything doing?

probably not. undecided
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by TippyTop(m): 7:21pm On Nov 21, 2009
Please don't tell this "tall tales" in the US or Europe. You don't have to be stupid like your forefathers. How can Igbos be Jews or Yorubas from Heaven?
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by AfroCynic: 8:22pm On Nov 21, 2009
And some people believe a virgin gave birth, what is your point?
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 8:24pm On Nov 21, 2009
Stupid people, spot the 'jew':

Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by 0hsisi: 1:00am On Nov 22, 2009
tpia.:

thread reported.

anything doing?

probably not. undecided

and what was the consequence?
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by 0hsisi: 1:01am On Nov 22, 2009
Mekus don't you have more constructive things to do?
I wish becomerich could employ you
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 11:26am On Nov 22, 2009

i dont see anything wrong with the claim,as long as u acknowledge that everytribe and race accross the world also make certain claims as to how their people came about
for instance the aborigines of australia also claim they came from the sky,even though genetically their ancestors came from africa

my friend the original hebrews were dark skinned people, how come jesus was able to hide in egypt if he was a light skinned oyibo?
and am talking of egypt 2000yrs ago b4 the arab conquest and islam,most of egypt then was dark,just like the hebrews
the real statement u should be making is that, with all the similarities between the 2,igbos and hebrews probably have some kind of link
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by ezeagu(m): 8:20pm On Nov 22, 2009
paddy_lo:

i dont see anything wrong with the claim,as long as u acknowledge that everytribe and race accross the world also make certain claims as to how their people came about
for instance the aborigines of australia also claim they came from the sky,even though genetically their ancestors came from africa

my friend the original hebrews were dark skinned people, how come jesus was able to hide in egypt if he was a light skinned oyibo?
and am talking of egypt 2000yrs ago b4 the arab conquest and islam,most of egypt then was dark,just like the hebrews
the real statement u should be making is that, with all the similarities between the 2,igbos and hebrews probably have some kind of link

Don't waste intelligence on this kind of poster.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by sjeezy8: 8:29pm On Nov 22, 2009
im sill wondering why the moderator hasnt moved this topic maybe hes sleeping ALL THE TIME
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by OAM4J: 11:06pm On Nov 22, 2009
citizenY:

@ Mekus

And how does that affect deregulation of the petroleum industry or stop PDP from rigging or make the
national assembly sit at Jankara market to pass the budget? embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I wonder o.

0hsisi:

Mekus don't you have more constructive things to do?
I wish becomerich could employ you

Even Becomerich's posts and maps makes more sense than this
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 11:51pm On Nov 22, 2009
It is just one of the lies that Nigerians tell rather so easily, which seems to be genetic. Imagine some other serious lies that can bring Nigeria's credibility into question:

1. Yabatech is the 27th oldest higher institution in the world
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-355900.0.html

2. Obafemi Martins is a graduate of University of Ife (now OAU)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-355902.0.html

Should we not then be bothered?
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 12:20am On Nov 23, 2009
Even Becomerich's posts and maps makes more sense than this

yea him and becompoor,seem to be a match made in heaven
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by dayokanu(m): 7:27am On Nov 23, 2009
@Poster,

But you believe the Jewish story that God created Adam from dust and breathed Life into him and Eve from his rib bone?
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by spikedcylinder: 10:35am On Nov 23, 2009
AfroCynic:

[size=20pt]And some people believe a virgin gave birth, what is your point?[/size]
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Afam4eva(m): 10:40am On Nov 23, 2009
mekusxxx:

And who told you jewish means white.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by hajifaty: 10:45am On Nov 23, 2009
How da hell is it possible for someone to fell from heaven? are you guys talking abt hollywood movie?
Igbo pple are typically Afrikaans so they do not have any connection with the jewish pple.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Afam4eva(m): 10:46am On Nov 23, 2009
It's possible that isreal also had blacks in the old just like egypt.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 12:13pm On Nov 23, 2009
Igbo pple are typically Afrikaans so they do not have any connection with the[b] jewish[/b] pple.

ignorance is bliss,by the way how come the oldest church in the world is in ethiopia?

also the hebrew people lived 2000yrs ago in african egypt,some moved south to ethiopia and sudan,some moved EAst to present day israel or palestine as it was called then

but u claim theres no link to africa ,okay o i bow 4 nairaland
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by SEFAGO(m): 12:50pm On Nov 23, 2009
also the hebrew people lived 2000yrs ago in african egypt,some moved south to ethiopia and sudan,some moved west to present day israel or palestine as it was called then

but u claim theres no link to africa ,okay o i bow 4 nairaland

na u know.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2009
Folks,

I understand that there are black people, mainly ethiopians, who are jewish by nationality. For all I know they could be have been slaves taken to Israel way back in time. In any case, ethiopians have features glaringly different from Igbos. What is the color of the current Israeli people you know? Are they dark (African) or light(caucasian or caucasian-like)-skinned? How did the Igbo skin change over time, considering that both Israel and Africa (Igboland) are hot climate places? Again, I have seen a few black Egyptians and they look exactly like ethiopians: straight nose, curly or partly-curly hair and not so dark skin. How did our nose become fatter and broader than those of jews? There is no scientific conviction that Igbos are jews. If there is, it would have been unearthed long ago. As for Oduduwa falling from heaven, that is the most brazen lie ever told, all in a bid to obliterate the fact the he was actually an exiled Bini prince. And to think that it was taught in History classes as a historical fact. Gosh!
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by SEFAGO(m): 2:16pm On Nov 23, 2009
I understand that there are black people, mainly ethiopians, who are jewish by nationality. For all I know they could be have been slaves taken to Israel way back in time. In any case, ethiopians have features glaringly different from Igbos. What is the color of the current Israeli people you know? Are they dark (African) or light(caucasian or caucasian-like)-skinned? How did the Igbo skin change over time, considering that both Israel and Africa (Igboland) are hot climate places? Again, I have seen a few black Egyptians and they look exactly like ethiopians: straight nose, curly or partly-curly hair and not so dark skin. How did our nose become fatter and broader than those of jews? There is no scientific conviction that Igbos are jews. If there is, it would have been unearthed long ago. As for Oduduwa falling from heaven, that is the most brazen lie ever told, all in a bid to obliterate the fact the he was actually an exiled Bini prince. And to think that it was taught in History classes as a historical fact. Gosh!

Most importantly, how did the mediterranean jewish people get african hair smiley. The Oduduwa story is more plausible because there is no proof against it, while the fact that igbos are semites, is one big fat lie

also the hebrew people lived 2000yrs ago in african egypt,some moved south to ethiopia and sudan,some moved west to present day israel or palestine as it was called then

There is no-link to subsaharan Africa. yes, some link with the Ethiopians and Sudan- have u seen some of these people, they dont look like the stereotypical african (If you want to know what one looks like grab a mirror grin) . i do agree ignorance is bliss.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 2:34pm On Nov 23, 2009
Seafago,

Oduduwa could not have fallen from heaven. That one is even the most ridiculous of claims. The Oba of Bini clarified the matter when he confirmed that Oduduwa was a Bini prince driven out of Bini Empire for some crime he committed. Essentially, Oduduwa was a criminal, according to the Oba of Bini, although the Yoruba intelligentsia almost had the Bini Oba's balls for a meal. Do some googling.

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Lagos, Bigamy Is No Longer A Crime / Breaking News.....GEJ Replies Obasanjo .......A Must Read / An Open Letter To Gen Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.