Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,007 members, 7,838,526 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Still On Igbo And Yoruba - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Still On Igbo And Yoruba (2343 Views)

The Igbo Conscience Intervenes On Igbo/yoruba Misunderstanding: Calls For Truce / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) / Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by SEFAGO(m): 2:48pm On Nov 23, 2009
Oduduwa could not have fallen from heaven. That one is even the most ridiculous of claims. The Oba of Bini clarified the matter when he confirmed that Oduduwa was a Bini prince driven out of Bini Empire for some crime he committed. Essentially, Oduduwa was a criminal, according to the Oba of Bini, although the Yoruba intelligentsia almost had the Bini Oba balls for a meal. Do some googling.

look, i dont give an F whether Oduduwa dropped from a pot of soup or came out of the Bini empire- it is very likely there was never anyone called oduduwa and it is just a myth. There are no historical records except word of mouth anyways. However, I am talking about the absurd claim that igbos are semites and not sub-saharan africans
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 2:56pm On Nov 23, 2009
I have also told you that Igbos are not jews. So quitting huffing and puffing. Is the claim by Yoruba that Oduduwa fell from heaven which they even taught in history classes not more absurd than Igbo claim to jewish? At least Igbo do not teach that in school
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2009
. . . . . . . and so? what is the point or moral in this historical tales?. Waste of cyber space!
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 3:04pm On Nov 23, 2009
Folks,
I understand that there are black people, mainly ethiopians, who are jewish by nationality. For all I know they could be have been slaves taken to Israel way back in time. In any case, ethiopians have features glaringly different from Igbos.
What is the color of the current Israeli people you know? Are they dark (African) or light(caucasian or caucasian-like)-skinned? How did the Igbo skin change over time, considering that both Israel and Africa (Igboland) are hot climate places? Again, I have seen a few black Egyptians and they look exactly like ethiopians: straight nose, curly or partly-curly hair and not so dark skin. How did our nose become fatter and broader than those of jews? There is no scientific conviction that Igbos are jews. If there is, it would have been unearthed long ago. As for Oduduwa falling from heaven, that is the most brazen lie ever told, all in a bid to obliterate the fact the he was actually an exiled Bini prince. And to think that it was taught in History classes as a historical fact. Gosh

U never answered my question on how come the oldest church in the world is in ethiopia?

how can the ethiopians be slaves,listen to yourself,they have been of the hebrew faith since the beginning of time,note that they are not converts to the religion like present day european jews in israel

as for the color of the jews,well those are european jews,converts to judaism from europe that came to israel after the massacre by hitler

a lot of the original hebrews fled after the destruction of the temple,some fled into africa,most fled east into what is now india and most of asia

the people u are calling jews in israel now(mostly european white) are the last people to get the religion and most of them are converts

let ma ask u,if they didnt forcefully take them back from europe would u say that hebrews of the bible are white?

what if the damn white people had relocated the hebrews in ethiopia(cause they were facing persecution from the christians there too),would u now believe that the original ppl that wrote the old testament had dark skin?

for your information the arab ppl with light skin only got to egypt long after most of what is written in the bible happened(check my chart below,the arabs and islam arrive only around 600AD), they threw the original darker ppl out and forced them south too with their islamic conquest,thats why ppl in egypt today are arab looking
though most from the south still have the bronze to dark skin of the original egyptians,but they also mixed with the arabs too

as for scientific convictions,let me repeat THERE WAS NO WHITE MAN ALIVE, when the hebrew ppl started writing their book and when ancient egypt was thriving

that is some 8,000 yrs AGO,take 2000 yrs away(i.e minus 2009 A.D) and u are now left with going back to 6000 B.C

6000bc-------------->4000bc---------------------------->0(AD)------------------------------>2009
                                                              <400bc---.>__________________________greeks and romans only appear in history
                                                                                                                                     from around this time
<---------------------------------------------->
                    5,600yrs ______________________________________meanwhile egyptian culture (1st)6000bc and the hebrews appear later around 4000bc                                                                                                                                                                            
<-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->2009
                                                   8000YRS
that is very close to the beginnings of egyptian civilization,most humans lived in Africa and the white people did not appear for another 5600yrs or so

and even the people that appeared then were meditaranian ppl,greek,romans thats it,most of the hinterland were barbaric white ppl who lived in caves and routinely killed and attacked the romans

so if black ppl came first in this world in africa,and if most hebrew ppl that lived around 4000b.c together with egyptians that lived around 6000b.c were obviously dark
why is it so hard to imagine a link with present day dark ppl that share some striking similarities?

Most importantly, how did the mediterranean jewish people get african hair . The Oduduwa story is more plausible because there is no proof against it, while the fact that igbos are semites, is one big fat lie
There is no-link to subsaharan Africa
. yes, some link with the Ethiopians and Sudan- have u seen some of these people, they dont look like the stereotypical african (If you want to know what one looks like grab a mirror ) . i do agree ignorance is bliss.

u my friend are lost,if u give birth to your son and after 4 or 5 generations pass,are u not still linked

the original man came from africa,lived in africa for most of human history,before venturing out in just the last 3000yrs or so

mind u human history(homo sapien),has been estimated to be just about 18,000yrs on the earth

so if the hebrews managed to move up into egypt and finally find their way into judea or palestine,where the heck do u think they moved from,if not the eastern valley of africa where all life began,heck even the white man will tell u that
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 3:54pm On Nov 23, 2009
i just feel awed and baffled that a lot of black people dont know history,dont know their culture,dont know where they came from

dont know they are the blueprint or original man on earth

dont know the last people to become civilized is the so called white man

they dont know the african or the black man was the one who became human,while the neanderthals in europe couldnt think well so they died off

dont know that that african lived in africa alone for 3/4 of human history

before that african ventured out and populated the rest of the continents and world

that is why people come online and argue rubbish,just to sound like they are funny

well i say,every african or Nigerian know your history,so u dont get fooled again
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paddy me,

Evolutionarily speaking Africa is the root of mankind. Stop trying hard to revert history. Igbo physical features do not support the hypothesis that they are jews. Show me any jew with our type of hair, nose and lips, putting skin aside for a while
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
Evolutionarily speaking Africa is the root of mankind. Stop trying hard to revert history. Igbo physical features do not support the hypothesis that they are jews. Show me any jew

Show me how the asian,european and native american came from the African black skin and features with our type of hair, nose and lips, putting common sense aside for a while
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by omar22(m): 4:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
how come the oldest church in the world is in ethiopia?

I cant answer that question but I have whats relevant to your question

Gen 2:10-14

A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. 11 The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. 12 (The gold of that land is good; aromatic resin [f] and onyx are also there.) 13 The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. [g] 14 The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.

CUSH is in Ethiopia,

The sons of Ham:

(1)Cush - Ethiopia
(2)Mizraim - Egypt
(3)Phut  - Libya
(4)Canaan - is an ancient term for a region encompassing modern-day Israel, Lebanon, the Palestinian Territories, plus adjoining coastal lands and parts of Jordan, Syria and northeastern Egypt.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by omar22(m): 4:09pm On Nov 23, 2009
Show me how the asian,european and native american came from the African black skin and featureswith our type of hair, nose and lips, putting common sense aside for a while

They were a descendant of one Noah's sons
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
I cant answer that question but I have whats relevant to your question

u cant answer it cause u believe its european,meanwhile christianity is an africa,egyptian and lets just say mid eastern creation

but its more african and egyptian
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 4:11pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paddy,

They did via evolution and it is known to be one way trend grin grin. The thing no easy sha, I agree but, grin Lets see you put holes on the evolution theory
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 4:13pm On Nov 23, 2009
They were a descendant of one Noah's sons

yea but people lived mostly african,for thousands of years before the hebrew did, so it cant be
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by paddylo1(m): 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
They did via evolution and it is known to be one way trend  . The thing no easy sha, I agree but,   Lets see you put holes on the evolution theory

lol what do u mean by evolution,nna see illiteracy

the evolution tree ended at the homo sapien,which was the first modern human who is an african

all those other ppl (asian,native american,white)are homo sapiens too,so i dont know what evolution u talking about
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 5:03pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paddy man

There are new findings/theories on evolution that you seem not to be aware of, like how Europeans and others diverged from Africans. I will get back to you as I am quite busy now. Thanks
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Bishopking: 5:15pm On Nov 23, 2009
[size=15pt][/size]Many people believe that Jesus rose from the dead and rose to even via the physical sky. They also believe that he will come back in similar manner.

How come is the believe that the progenitor of a race or even mankind (Yoruba's belief system) came from the sky a problem? Is this bias?[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size]
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by SEFAGO(m): 10:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
Paddy man

There are new findings/theories on evolution that you seem not to be aware of, like how Europeans and others diverged from Africans. I will get back to you as I am quite busy now. Thanks

mekusxx, you are actually correct- i didn't bother responding to paddy because its like talking to a block. The problem is that those theories ight also have racial connotations though, if you know what i mean. Another reason why i did not bother to mention it.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by mekusxxx: 10:42pm On Nov 23, 2009
SEFAGO:

mekusxx, you are actually correct- i didn't bother responding to paddy because its like talking to a block. The problem is that those theories ight also have racial connotations though, if you know what i mean. Another reason why i did not bother to mention it.

I am talking about peer-reviewed science published in reputable journals. Those will most likely not have any racial prejudices. I have been around long enough in science and research publication to know that race is not a card that is easily played. Remember what happened to Watson when he claimed (or insinuated), without any scientific backing, that black people were inferior to whites? He was attacked by even the white scientific community from even as far away as the UK, and was eventually sacked (or forced to resign) from his directorship position.

Anybody who believes Igbos have genealogical links with Jews should try to publish what they know, let us see how it is reviewed. I am an Igbo man educated enough to be able to separate fiction from facts
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Obalufon: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2012
BLACKS HATE THEMSELVES AND EASILY BELIEVE WHITE RACE MYTHOLOGY ,WHY IS IT SO EASY FOR US TO BELIEVE WITHOUT ANY RATIONAL THINKING THAT A POINT IN HUMAN HISTORY ANGELS FELL FROM SKY TO MAKE CHILDREN WITH MANKIND ACCORDING TO THE BIBLE ,WE ALSO BELIEVE WITHOUT ANY DOUBT THAT PROPHET ELIJAH GO TO HEAVEN WITH CHARIOT OF FIRE BUT WE EASILY DISPROVE THE MYTH OF ODUDUWA COMING FROM HEAVEN, ODUDUWA WAS THERE FROM CREATION ACCORDING TO IFA RELIGION.
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 08, 2012
Bishopking: [size=15pt]Many people believe that Jesus rose from the dead and rose to even via the physical sky. They also believe that he will come back in similar manner.

How come is the believe that the progenitor of a race or even mankind (Yoruba's belief system) came from the sky a problem? Is this bias?[/size]
Re: Still On Igbo And Yoruba by Obalufon: 10:55am On Apr 10, 2012
WE BLACKS HAVE LOST THE SENSE OF WHO WE REALLY ARE,.WE'VE BEEN CONSTANTLY FED WITH NEGATIVE /FALSE INFORMATION ABOUT WHO WE REALLY ARE. EVERYTHING ABOUT OUR HISTORY TO WAY OF LIFE HAS BEEN DEMONIZED,WE NOW SEE NO GOOD IN WHAT WE ARE ,WE LOATH OUR EXISTENCE ,MOST BLACKS GO TO BED EVERY NIGHT WITH SELF HATRED AND WISH THEY WERE SOMETHING DIFFERENT FROM WHAT THEY ARE ,THAT IS THE REASON WE REVERE ANYTHING THAT IS OF THE WHITE RACE AND DISDAIN ANYTHING FROM OURS." MENTAL SLAVERY".

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Wins Chevron Commitment To End Gas Flaring In Niger Delta / Obahiagbon Speaks Again (video) / Imo State Cabinet Not Bloated - Rochas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.