Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52612 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 5:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

shocked shocked
why shocked bro?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 5:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
MrMontella:
why shocked bro?

because you dint agree with my other theory angry

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
jonbellion:
smh
What part of we don't know what happened before that do you not understand
Every explanation before that period is just an assumption

What is space expanding into ?

You didn't answer the question bro
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
babseg:

Time has always been it will ever be.
GOD IS TIME

How is God time ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OFFICIAL336: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
4everGod:

Again i have to step in here.

A cars fumes can tell you the following

1. The kind of gas being used

2. The condition of the engine the fumes are coming from

3. The type of fume would also let you know the quality of engine its coming from (hybrid or not)

4. The consistency or lack of and pressure will show you the strength of the engine its coming from

5. It can give you details like IF THE ENGINE BLOCK IS CRACKED, IF YOU HAVE A BLOWN HEAD GASKET OR AN OVERHEATING ENGINE

It can also tell you IF THE ENGINE IS BURNING UP OIL FAST OR IF OIL IS LEAKING IN THE COMBUSTION CHAMBER.

It can also tell you IF THE AIR FILTER IS CLOGGED OR IF THERE IS A FAULT IN YOUR SENSORS OR FUEL INJECTORS OR FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR.

It can also tell you IF YOU ARE USING A TURBO CHARGED ENGINE AND IF THE TURBO CHARGER HAS GONE BAD e.t.c

All that from just a cars exhaust fume grin grin grin

I am sure you know that a car that has a turbo charger is a high end vehicle and high end vehicles are usually fitted with comfort enhancing gizmos... grin grin grin grin

Dalaman...Next.... cheesy cheesy
God bless the womb that gave birth to you.

The universe created the universe. I created myself. My car created itself. My house built itself. My food cooked itself. Atheists are just silly. Very silly.

My house built itself. Lol

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 10:29pm On Jan 10, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

God bless the womb that gave birth to you.

The universe created the universe. I created myself. My car created itself. My house built itself. My food cooked itself. Atheists are just silly. Very silly.

My house built itself. Lol

The universe created itself has to be the most foolish theory atheists have ever conjured .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OFFICIAL336: 11:25pm On Jan 10, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

The universe created itself has to be the most foolish theory atheists have ever conjured .
Don't mind them.

Out of nothing the Universe suddenly started expanding.

A great deal of energy must be really at play to be able to cause that enormous expansion. Since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but can only be transformed from one form to another, so which form of energy was transformed to heat energy and I want to know the source of that energy?

If the universe was not created, what was the source of the energy that caused the cosmic expansion?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:11pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What is space expanding into ?

You didn't answer the question bro

jonbellion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 4:59pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

jonbellion
ooh my embarassed
*facepalm*
the Universe consists of everything. matter energy and even space and time itself. There is nothing outside the Universe.A better word would be stretching
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
jonbellion:
ooh my embarassed
*facepalm*
the Universe consists of everything. matter energy and even space and time itself. There is nothing outside the Universe.A better word would be stretching

Calm down let's take this step by step

So what existed before the universe came into being , say 100 billion years ago ?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 5:03pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Calm down let's take this step by step

So what existed before the universe came into being , say 100 billion years ago ?
how would I know
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
jonbellion:
how would I know

Hehehe ..

There is no need for further argument ...

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by jonbellion(m): 5:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Hehehe ..

There is no need for further argument ...

loool
Agnostic bro cool
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:16pm On Jan 13, 2017
jonbellion:
loool
Agnostic bro cool

I've asked you so many times and you've failed to respond

Agnostic atheist ( appeal to ignorance , highly illogical , _moronic ) or Agnostic ( acceptable , open minded )

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
OFFICIAL336:

Don't mind them.

Out of nothing the Universe suddenly started expanding.

A great deal of energy must be really at play to be able to cause that enormous expansion. Since energy can neither be created nor destroyed, but can only be transformed from one form to another, so which form of energy was transformed to heat energy and I want to know the source of that energy?

If the universe was not created, what was the source of the energy that caused the cosmic expansion?

Don't mind them , they believe in fairy tales grin grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 5:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't mind them , they believe in fairy tales grin grin
make una come see person wey believe say snake talk oo

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 5:40pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

make una come see person wey believe say snake talk oo

It has a thousand and one explanation , it depends on your perspective .

But a universe coming from utter nothingness has no reasonable explanation . Where do the laws of the nature come from , where do the laws of quantum mechanics come from ? And the propensity of the universe to develop into this type of form and to be life permitting , how did it get that ?

Most atheists don't even bother, they are concerned with attacking you for taking a way more reasonable and logical position : a self existent enormously powerful creator brought the universe into being .

And I wanted to know with this thread , what makes atheism reasonable ?

Remember atheism or agnosticism is not religious skepticism as explained here : https://www.nairaland.com/3553546/religious-skeptics-not-atheists#52520910

So leave me transfixed shocked shocked

grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 6:01pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

It has a thousand and one explanation , it depends on your perspective .

But a universe coming from utter nothingness has no reasonable explanation . Where do the laws of the nature come from , where do the laws of quantum mechanics come from ? And the propensity of the universe to develop into this type of form and to be life permitting , how did it get that ?

Most atheists don't even bother, they are concerned with attacking you for taking a way more reasonable and logical position : a self existent enormously powerful creator brought the universe into being .

And I wanted to know with this thread , what makes atheism reasonable ?

Remember atheism or agnosticism is not religious skepticism as explained here : https://www.nairaland.com/3553546/religious-skeptics-not-atheists#52520910

So leave me transfixed shocked shocked

grin
i no ask you for this long note o :-o

religious skeptisim can be atheism if the person involved is against deism as a logical conclusion

or his skepticism can be his atheism if the person has never come across deism such that the only god he knows/only possible scenerio of god is a religious one.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 6:05pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

religious skeptisim can be atheism if the person involved is against deism as a logical conclusion

or his skepticism can be his atheism if the person has never come across deism such that the only god he knows/only possible scenerio of god is a religious one.

ignore this thread, can't you see they're grasping at any straw that can help keep this thread afloat? don't make it easier for them tongue
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 6:08pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pastafarian:

ignore this thread, can't you see they're grasping at any straw that can help keep this thread afloat? don't make it easier for them tongue

Phew lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:12pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

I explained on that link that any religious person can be skeptical about beliefs outside his religion . So this does not concern atheism . Atheism is against gods not necessarily religion because an atheist can be in religion . I gave examples : Steve Jobs and Sir Tim Berners-Lee as atheists in religion .

Deism which acknowledges the existence of God is also skeptical about religion . See ? Religious skepticism has absolutely nothing to do with atheism

So leave religion alone and deal with the rationale behind acknowledging the existence of God . cool

Try again smiley

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:15pm On Jan 13, 2017
Pastafarian:

Lol .

I can have discussions with any christian felixomor , richirich713 , 4evergod on the topic . Their responses are not actually necessary .

I mean close to 5000 views , whatever damage control you are trying to do , its too late for that . Clearly

So MrMontella , be your own man and present your rebuttal let's have a logical discussion .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 6:26pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I explained on that link that any religious person can be skeptical about beliefs outside his religion . So this does not concern atheism . Atheism is against gods not necessarily religion because an atheist can be in religion . I gave examples : Steve Jobs and Sir Tim Berners-Lee as atheists in religion
being an atheist in religion doesnt change anything nor does it present a stumbling block...

Some atheists are highly anti-religious but their position is not hindered because some atheists are religious

same applies here..no hinderance..

Deism which acknowledges the existence of God is also skeptical about religion
like i said...some persons are of the opinion that deism is illogical

some are also unaware of the possibility of a deistic god

. See ? Religious skepticism has absolutely nothing to do with religion
Calm down bro grin grin grin

So leave religion alone and deal with the rationale behind the acknowledge the existence of God . cool

Try again smiley
why not take a moment and look at it from an individualistic perspective..

And not the general.

Having two sides of atheism does not stop it from existing..

religious skeptics can be atheists,deists,etc the same way a religious person can be a christian,muslim etc
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 6:50pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

being an atheist in religion doesnt change anything nor does it present a stumbling block...

Some atheists are highly anti-religious but their position is not hindered because some atheists are religious

same applies here..no hinderance..

like i said...some persons are of the opinion that deism is illogical

some are also unaware of the possibility of a deistic god
Calm down bro grin grin grin

why not take a moment and look at it from an individualistic perspective..

And not the general.

Having two sides of atheism does not stop it from existing..

religious skeptics can be atheists,deists,etc the same way a religious person can be a christian,muslim etc

Lol bro . That was a typo . I modified it .

Don't get me wrong . An atheist can be skeptical about any religion . The same way I as a Christian can be skeptical about any other religion . A Muslim can be skeptical about any other religion .

I'm not sure why atheists here are fixated on religious skepticism . We Christians can do so about Islam , Muslims can do the same thing on Christianity . See ? It makes no sense .

An atheist is one who believes there is no God , so he should be fixated on questioning the existence of God not questioning why snakes or donkey talked in the bible . It clearly has nothing to do with God's existence though those beliefs can be explained .

Christianity , Islam , Deism etc all have different conceptions about God : this what any profound theologian will tell you .

Let's focus on the argument : the rationale behind the existence of God vs the rationale behind the non existence of God . Which is reasonable ? And your reasons why the other is a logical position

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by babseg(m): 7:04pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Don't get me wrong . An atheist can be skeptical about any religion . The same way I as a Christian can be skeptical about any other religion . A Muslim can be skeptical about any other religion .

I'm not sure why atheists here are fixated on religious skepticism . We Christians can do so about Islam , Muslims can do the same thing on Christianity . See ? It makes no sense .

An atheist is one who believes there is no God , so he should be fixated on questioning the existence of God not questioning why snakes or donkey talked in the bible . It clearly has nothing to do with God's existence though those beliefs can be explained .

Christianity , Islam , Deism etc all have different conceptions about God : this what any profound theologian will tell you .

Let's focus on the argument : [b]the rationale behind the existence of God [/b]vs the rationale behind the non existence of God . Which is reasonable ? And your reasons why the other is a logical position

No GOD no nothing will exist

To me God is like the infinity. No beginning no end

how do you know the rationale behind the existence of GOD if you dont even know HIS beginning.

trying to know the rationale behind HIS existence will just be like a man called George Cantor ( a mathematician) who gone insane trying to understand infinity.

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 7:06pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

I'm not sure why atheists here are fixated on religious skepticism . We Christians can do so about Islam , Muslims can do the same thing on Christianity . See ? It makes no sense.
maybe its because they are more into skepticism than you guys

An atheist is one who believes there is no God
your opinion

so he should be fixated on questioning the existence of God not questioning why snakes or donkey talked in the bible . It clearly has nothing to do with God's existence though those beliefs can be explained.

i've explained how it could have something to do with god

Let's focus on the argument : the rationale behind the existence of God vs the rationale behind the non existence of God . Which is reasonable ? And your reasons why the other is a logical position

define god.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:22pm On Jan 13, 2017
babseg:

No GOD no nothing will exist

To me God is like the infinity. No beginning no end

how do you know the rationale behind the existence of GOD if you dont even know HIS beginning.

trying to know the rationale behind HIS existence will just be like a man called George Cantor ( a mathematician) who gone insane trying to understand infinity.

undecided undecided undecided

You misunderstood me bro

What I meant was : the logical reasons why one acknowledges God's existence . To be laconic : why do you say God exists ?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

maybe its because they are more into skepticism than you guys

Religious skepticism not skepticism .

MrMontella:
define god.

The extremely powerful uncaused necessarily existing non-contingent non physical immaterial eternal being who created the universe and everything in it .

The atheist position is that this being does not exist .

So which is logical as an agnostic and why

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 7:45pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Religious skepticism not skepticism .

The extremely powerful uncaused necessarily existing non-contingent non physical immaterial eternal being who created the universe and everything in it.
anything else,na you sabi grin

The atheist position is that this being does not exist.

So which is logical as an agnostic and why
believing in the highlighted in blue is logical...anything beyond that is subject to questioning...

As to why it logical...my opinions do not matter..and its no use repeating arguments...

I only see gnostic atheism to be awkward...agnostic atheism is okay to me..because there's no use of a deistic god beyond ''intellectual sincerity''

am an agnostic on the nature of god...not on its existence...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

anything else,na you sabi grin

believing in the highlighted in blue is logical...anything beyond that is subject to questioning...

As to why it logical...my opinions do not matter..and its no use repeating arguments...

I only see gnostic atheism to be awkward...agnostic atheism is okay to me..because there's no use of a deistic god beyond ''intellectual sincerity''

am an agnostic on the nature of god...not on its existence...

Agnostic atheism is an appeal to ignorance - since I have not seen evidence for God , therefore God does not exist or since there is no contrary evidence , I'm gona say God does not exist .

Let's be clear : is atheism logical or not ? No circumlocution please .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by MrMontella(m): 8:35pm On Jan 13, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Agnostic atheism is an appeal to ignorance - since I have not seen evidence for God , therefore God does not exist or since there is no contrary evidence , I'm gona say God does not exist .

Let's be clear : is atheism logical or not ? No circumlocution please .

gnostic atheism is highly illogical
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2017
MrMontella:

gnostic atheism is highly illogical

All these gnostic whatever were just coined terms . They do not reflect in reality . An atheist is one who has rejected the existence of God or he believes there is no God . He is conscious and explicit about his decision .

So is the atheism we all know logical or not ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) / Antichrist Compares Jesus With Pharaoh On Facebook: Users Come For Him / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.