Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,549 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:22 PM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52515 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

who "hates" your god?

I don't, I poke holes in your god idea, if you call that "hate" then I'm a proud hater grin

Guy u left me?
Please answer my question above na?

Please na
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:09am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Grow up na bros.
The guy just couldn't ansswer the question

"God does not exist?"
True or False

You want to try and answer it too?
Please do your church proud.
Go go go! grin

he's given you his answers already

Abrahamic gods do not exist

you give your answer and prove it, you're the one making claim, any dishonest attempt at switching this is pretty stupid
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

The devil like God is also fictitious.

Then why do you spend all your time talking about them?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 11:11am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I don't spend all my time talking about them. I spend some of my time talking about them because many people believe in the fiction. I talk to and with people that believe in the fiction.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

he's given you his answers already

okay, Abrahamic god does not exist!

Randomperson please come and learn work from your master.

Pastafarian please ur boy called randomperson couldnt answer this question.
Yet u claim he was wiping ground.
The guy is out of ur church. grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:12am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Randomperson please come and learn work from your master.

Pastafarian please ur boy called randomperson couldnt answer this question.
Yet u claim he was wiping ground.
The guy is out of ur church. grin

lol, he's been wiping you anyhow, from defeating your Messi/Ronaldo logic to killing your Google and dictionary search

abeg face am!

and oh! what's the proof of this god you claim to exist?

no evidence? lol, I'm dismissing him without one too!
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

lol, he's been wiping you anyhow, from defeating your Messi/Ronaldo logic to killing your Google and dictionary search

abeg face am!

and oh! what's the proof of this god you claim to exist?

no evidence? lol, I'm dismissing him without one too!

The guy dodged the question like bullet grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:16am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

The guy dodged the question like bullet grin

you wish he dodged, desperately wish he did cheesy

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Twelve or a dozen.
Its disgusting u r even still arguing in the face of the root greek word.
It shows that in ur bat world, there are no mutually exclusives.
U have seen the foolishness, and u r trying to escape.

3 simple line questions scared u to death.
Why will any sane person run from single line true or false questions?
It shows u are lying.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself... Is it a personal hobby of yours?? Even the definition u quoted distinguishes between belief that there's no god and rejection or lack of belief that there's god...
How can any person in his right senses be contesting the accuracy of a dictionary, not with any academic authority but his own opinion....
When KingEbukasblog does it, we understand it's dishonesty but yours just feels like incapability to grasp logic... And I truly feel sorry for you

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:17am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

you wish he dodged, desperately wish he did cheesy

The guy was like "no answer"
grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:19am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

Imagine a world in which everywhere you turned, a belief in a literal Santa Claus was staring back at you. national Pledge “So help me santa” Imagine if when you went to a courtroom to testify, you had to put your hand on a copy of the book, “‘Twas the Night Before Christmas,” and say “So help me Santa” at the end of your oath. Imagine that town meetings all across the country started with the singing of the song “Here Comes Santa Claus” or “Santa Claus is Coming to Town.”

Imagine that everyone you know insists that you go to services at least once a week during which you write letters to Santa, and if you don’t, they tell you there’s something wrong with you. Imagine if the first thing that anyone asks you in a social setting is not about what you do for a living or some other question, but, “What have you written to Santa about lately?”

Imagine if you couldn’t go to a gym, or a coffee shop, without Christmas music being played in the background year ’round. Imagine if you couldn’t get your hair done, or go shopping, or go to a doctor’s office without having Christmas music playing, whether it’s Christmas time or not. Imagine if you tried to complain about it, or suggest that maybe some other music should be played, and people told you that you’re a terrible person with no morals for saying such a thing.

Imagine if friends and family shunned you because you had the audacity to say that Santa Claus isn’t real, that he doesn’t bring presents to children around the world at Christmas, and that to believe so is silly with no evidence to support that belief. Imagine parents of students at the school in which you are a faculty member saying that the fact you don’t believe in Santa frightens them, and that they don’t want their kids in your class.

Imagine everyone around you telling you that if you don’t believe in Santa Claus, you will spend all of eternity being punished by being submerged under the ice at the north pole, and poked by Santa’s elves with sticks.

Imagine everyone telling you to just shut up about the fact that you don’t believe in Santa, and to just go along with all of the nonsense, because to everyone else, Santa Claus is absolutely, positively real, and you can’t tell them anything different, and since the majority of society believes in Santa, you must follow what they do.

If you think this all sounds ridiculous or farfetched, this is exactly what it’s like living in Nigeria for people who aren’t theists. This is why we keep engaging in discussions about God. It’s because this idea—which other people seem to think isn’t any of our business—is all up in our business every day of our lives. That makes it our business.
Humour and reason all in one comment... Thumbs up!
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:19am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Why do you insist on embarrassing yourself... Is it a personal hobby of yours?? Even the definition u quoted distinguishes between belief that there's no god and rejection or lack of belief that there's god...
How can any person in his right senses be contesting the accuracy of a dictionary, not with any academic authority but his own opinion....
When KingEbukasblog does it, we understand it's dishonesty but yours just feels like incapability to grasp logic... And I truly feel sorry for you

Somebody just answered instantly, a question u dodged 5 times.
Please sit down and learn cool

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:23am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

I don't spend all my time talking about them. I spend some of my time talking about them because many people believe in the fiction. I talk to and with people that believe in the fiction.

If so, why do most 'atheists' on this forum open threads and talk about what they do not believe exists?

1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:23am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Somebody just answered instantly, a question u dodged 5 times.
Please sit down and learn cool
Learn from you?? Learn what exactly... The art of embarrassing oneself? I think I will pass....
BTW, I think you are getting intellectually drowned in the intensity of the logic around here... Maybe u should call KingEbukasblog to help u out... He speaks a lot of falsehood but at least he does it with class... What you're doing here is just sad...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If so, why do most 'atheists' on this forum open threads and talk about what they do not believe exists?
U know some people believe in Aliens... So the fact that there are others who don't means aliens exist??
U must be the second coming of felixomor grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Learn from you?? Learn what exactly... The art of embarrassing oneself? I think I will pass....
BTW, I think you are getting intellectually drowned in the intensity of the logic around here... Maybe u should call KingEbukasblog to help u out... He speaks a lot of falsehood but at least he does it with class... What you're doing here is just sad...

Ad hominem as usual grin

Hehehehehe......u still want to save some face by answering the question?

Should I give u one more chance?
grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:26am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

I tell you
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:28am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

U know some people believe in Aliens... So the fact that there are others who don't means aliens exist??

All these cross mentioning doesnt work.
If u want to mention someone else please make sure u are not using it as escape route.

I am waiting for u on that question,
Since 1949.

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

That's because everything around you is screaming that there has to be a God somewhere. smiley

1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:29am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Ad hominem as usual grin

grin

There's no concrete evidence for the existence of the god you claim exists

your version of god doesn't have any more evidence of its existence as Allah, Vishnu, FSM, IPU does

if you can assert he exists without evidence, we can assert he doesn't exist without evidence

you're still the claimant here not us!
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:30am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

That's because everything around you is screaming that there has to be a God somewhere. smiley

everything around me also screams there must be diamond sized man somewhere in the universe

OGA, prove your god exists and stop this Rigmarole

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:31am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

There's no concrete evidence for the existence of the god you claim exists

your version of god doesn't have any more evidence of its existence as Allah, Vishnu, FSM, IPU does

if you can assert he exists without evidence, we can assert he doesn't exist without evidence

you're still the claimant here not us!

Bros, please first encourage this ur son to pass a simple exam na?
Only 1 question bros,
grin
U r not representing o, bros
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:34am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

who "hates" your god?

I don't, I poke holes in your god idea, if you call that "hate" then I'm a proud hater grin

If you say that you don't hate Him then you are behaving like the proverbial ostrich.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:36am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Bros, please first encourage this ur son to pass a simple exam na?
Only 1 question bros,
grin
U r not representing o, bros

I don't have a son!

I'm not like your brother that calls every atheist "boy" and screams how rich he is and how intelligent he is

I'm a lot more modest than that

its you that has to prove your god is real first, then his answer would come

so far all you and your fellow apologists have done is give paper thin logics that have been defeated

from Thomas Aquinas to Messi/Ronaldo to Morality to universe to first cause

all these have been proven not to stand up to scrutiny

atheists aren't making any claim, you are so stop trying to force a Yes/No answer in order to turn the burden of proof

Randomperson has seen your endgame from the beginning and is only playing you at your own game
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:37am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

everything around me also screams there must be diamond sized man somewhere in the universe

OGA, prove your god exists and stop this Rigmarole

I can prove the existence of God scientifically but it is neither about His existence, science nor evolution, it's all about your love for sin. cool
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:37am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

its you that has to prove your god is real first, then his answer would come

so far all you and your fellow apologists have done is give paper thin logics that have been defeated

from Thomas Aquinas to Messi/Ronaldo to Morality to universe to first cause

all these have been proven not to stand up to scrutiny

atheists aren't making any claim, you are so stop trying to force a Yes/No answer in order to turn the burden of proof

Randomperson has seen your endgame from the beginning and is only playing you at your own game

Hehehehe,
Papa defend Pikin (PDP)
Or better still
Pastafarian defend Pikin..,.

grin LoooLZ

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:39am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Ad hominem as usual grin

grin
Stop disgracing yourself boy.... U are the same person who said "OR" is used for equating statements...
U also said I exchanged AND for OR in the definition but the one u brought also has OR....
I mean what kind of dumbas* brings a definition that is contradictory to the point he's trying to prove...
U have been doing this for some time, probably before I started but u are not getting better at this...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:40am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Stop disgracing yourself boy.... U are the same person who said "OR" is used for equating statements...
U also said I exchanged AND for OR in the definition but the one u brought also has OR....
I mean what kind of dumbas* brings a definition that is contradictory to the point he's trying to prove...
U have been doing this for some time, probably before I started but u are not getting better at this...

God does not Exist
True or False?

grin

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:40am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

The difference is that those who believe in the existence of aliens would spend their waking moments talking about it while those who don't wouldn't. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If you say that you don't hate Him then you are behaving like the proverbial ostrich.

The Atheist Delusion has been shown to be empty and idiotic on this thread
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:44am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

I can prove the existence of God scientifically but it is neither about His existence, science nor evolution, it's all about your love for sin. cool

This Thread also shows why what you just typed doesn't make sense grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (30) (Reply)

Pastor Enenche Gives Nigerian Flag To Peter Obi, Others. { Photos & Video} / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists. / Mohbad's Name Appears On Church Programme's Banner (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.