Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,301 members, 7,815,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52514 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The difference is that those who believe in the existence of aliens would spend their waking moments talking about it while those who don't wouldn't. cool
Actually, not true.. If everybody around u believe in aliens, u would argue with them. In fact, u argue with Muslims but you believe their religion is false.. So why are being hypocritical... Is hypocrisy now one of the fruits of the spirit??

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:45am On Jan 04, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:46am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

God does not Exist
True or False?

grin
God does not exist = I don't believe God exist
True or false grin grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:48am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:
How can everything be permissible? Morality by definition doesn't allow for everything to be permissible.

Why is everything not permissible?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:48am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

God does not exist = I don't believe God exist
True or false grin grin
True

Now do like me:
Answer mine

God does not exist
True or False
?

I have been waiting since 1949

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:50am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Oga, ur boy don run finish o

I don't have a boy

only your friend that has a niece in Pennsylvania calls everyone who doesn't agree with him his boy

you're just running around scared so far, you'll not get a direct answer from him because all you want to do is switch the burden of proof

answer your own question yourself, defend your position and show why it's logical

atheism doesn't make any claim, theism does
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:51am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

I don't have a boy

only your friend that has a niece in Pennsylvania calls everyone who doesn't agree with him his boy

you're just running around scared so far, you'll not get a direct answer from him because all you want to do is switch the burden of proof

answer your own question yourself, defend your position and show why it's logical

atheism doesn't make any claim, theism does

Ok abeg tell ur member make hin answer d question.
Lol
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Ok abeg tell ur member make hin answer d question. Lol
Chai!! are you a stutterer or is your skull just extremely thick?
he's not making any claim! you are making a claim, prove it!!
Chai!!!

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:53am On Jan 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Boko Haram does not consider it immoral.
Is it moral to eat pork?

Is everything permissible?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:53am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

True

Now do like me:
Answer mine

God does not exist
True or False
?

I have been waiting since 1949
Wrong answer... Unless u want to equate them, using logic of course...
Your question doesn't encompass atheism... My question to you shows why. But if u want to equate them, be my guest
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Why is everything not permissible?

If everything is permissible there will be chaos in the society.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:55am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

Chai!! are you a stutterer or is your skull just extremely thick?

he's not making any claim! you are making a claim, prove it!!

Chai!!!
Bros, read the title of this thread.

Its only a thief that fears True or False question.
U even answered the question at once.

Please tell him to answer.
Anybody that can use me to wipe as u claimed, should be able to take that question in 2 seconds.
abi no be so?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:56am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

It has been debunked. How many things in nature have you seen begin to exist from the very begining? Have you seen the universe, planets for example begin to exist?

Singularity before expansion . Galaxies have been observed to be moving steadily apart from each other . That means they were closer to each other before in the past .

The best explanation for this is : take a balloon and glue buttons to the balloon . Then fill the balloon with air . You'd observe the higher the volume of air the greater the distance between the buttons . Then release the air slowly from the balloon , you'd see that the distance between the buttons decreases .

In reality the continuous contraction will lead to a single point or singularity . But this singularity isn't a physical affair or state . It is a mathematical idealization

Everything in the universe began to exist at some point because of the law of causality . That's why the argument states that

1. Whatever begins to exist must have a cause

2.The universe began to exist

3. Therefore the universe has a cause

There are possible causes

a. God - an uncaused cause

b. Abstract objects

Abstract objects have no beginnings and they exist necessarily. But these abstract objects are causally impotent - they do not cause anything . So we are left with a maximally great being - God - who evidently has the ability to cause the universe to exist approx 14 billion years ago .

dalaman:
Is the sharia law objective? It advocates for love, compassion, justice for the less privileged and kindness. Do you see it as an objective moral code of conduct? It was revealed by God himself. Why do you disagree with it since it displays God's character?

I don't think you understand the argument . As far as we can see that objective moral values and duties exist therefore God exists - that is , no matter where we come from we can agree that to show , love , kindness , compassion , justice , even forgiveness are good moral values . And this makes it objective . Therefore , God exists .

dalaman:
What was the universe design for?

This has to be expounded .

1. Fine Tuning cannot come by chance : There is no possibility that life permitting universe just popped out into existence by chance .

2. Fine tuning cannot come by physical necessity : Since these constants and quantities are not determined by the laws of nature then there's no reason or evidence to suggest that fine tuning is necessary

3. Fine tuning can come by design alone

The fine tuning of the universe is the proposition that the conditions that allow life in the Universe can only occur when certain universal fundamental physical constants and quantities

Let me give three examples

1. Higgs vacuum expectation value =246.2Gev

2. Electro magnetism coupling constant = 0.00729

3.Cosmological constant = 2.3 x(10)^-3 e(v)^4

Now if these numbers should be altered by a hair's breath then physical interactive life of any kind will not exist anywhere

Take for example

Expansion rate of the universe : (4πG)/3(p+3p) + ^/3

Now if the cosmological constant (^) is changed by even 1 part in 10^120 , this would cause the universe to expand too quickly or too slowly . In either case , the universe would be life prohibiting . Exciting right ? cool

Even Stephen Hawking admitted : "The remarkable fact is that the values of these numbers have been very finely adjusted to make possible the development of life."

A very logical conclusion is that the universe was designed to be life permitting .

There here's the question if it is possible then the universe could not have existed , then why does it exist ?

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Answer his question. Is it wrong to eat pork?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:56am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Actually, not true.. If everybody around u believe in aliens, u would argue with them. In fact, u argue with Muslims but you believe their religion is false.. So why are being hypocritical... Is hypocrisy now one of the fruits of the spirit??

At least Muslims believe that there is a Creator, its just that they do not know Him. Instead of thinking that every other person around you is weird for believing in the Creator has it ever occurred to you that you could be the weird one?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Your question doesn't encompass atheism... My question to you shows why. But if u want to equate them, be my guest

bros, let's leave this thread till any of them defend their claim, all these circular argument is going no where

let's go to other threads
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

At least I answered.

You answer mine now.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 11:57am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

If everything is permissible there will be chaos in the society.
For you, who determines what is permissible and what is not permissible?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

For you, who determines what is permissible and what is not permissible?

Ghen Ghen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 11:58am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Bros, read the title of this thread.

Its only a thief that fears True or False question.
U even answered the question at once.

Please tell him to answer.
Anybody that can use me to wipe as u claimed, should be able to take that question in 2 seconds.
abi no be so?
U are asking questions that are irrelevant in themselves... I said atheism is either a belief or a lack of belief, u tried and failed to logically refute that... So u asking me does God exists is irrelevant since that question does not encompass atheism...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2017

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 11:59am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

I can only answer for myself- NO
Is it moral to eat pork?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

U are asking questions that are irrelevant in themselves... I said atheism is either a belief or a lack of belief, u tried and failed to logically refute that... So u asking me does God exists is irrelevant since that question does not encompass atheism...

God does not exist?
True or False.

This is interesting; i even repaid your dishonesty with instant answer to your question, yet u r still dancing.
Eeeeew

I'm waiting

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

At least I answered.

You answer mine now.
Your question is irrelevant... It only shows one half of what atheism is... If u ask me, do I believe God exists?? I'll say no, I don't believe he exists... That's atheism...
KingEbukasblog is around. Maybe he can help u equate belief that God does not exist with lack of a belief that he does
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:02pm On Jan 04, 2017
Vanceastro:

Define atheism

Atheism defined. Watch the www.Atheistmovie.com to find out why you are without God. cool

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

At least Muslims believe that there is a Creator, its just that they do not know Him. Instead of thinking that every other person around you is weird for believing in the Creator has it ever occurred to you that you could be the weird one?
But why have Muslims not become Christians, could it be because they love to sin?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Your question is irrelevant... It only shows one half of what atheism is... If u ask me, do I believe God exists?? I'll say no, I don't believe he exists... That's atheism...
KingEbukasblog is around. Maybe he can help u equate belief that God does not exist with lack of a belief that he does

God does not exist.
True or False?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:15pm On Jan 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:

But why have Muslims not become Christians, could it be because they love to sin?

Thousands of Muslims are becoming Christians just as God is opening the eyes of atheists. The moment you remove the blinders from your eyes you will certainly see the light. smiley

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Thousands of Muslims are becoming Christians just as God is opening the eyes of atheists. The moment you remove the blinders from your eyes you will certainly see the light. smiley
What about the Christians becoming Muslims... Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, u know
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 12:20pm On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

What about the Christians becoming Muslims... Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world, u know

So u still ran away?
Even after I answered your question abi?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 12:25pm On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Mtchew.
Na wetin I ask you be this?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 12:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

No mind am. He wants to derail.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (30) (Reply)

Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts / Pastor Enenche Gives Nigerian Flag To Peter Obi, Others. { Photos & Video} / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.