Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,221 members, 7,815,271 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:01 AM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52502 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Ok answer this one.

God does not exist?
True or False

If u run from this one,
(No comments)
No answer... But that doesn't make me any less an atheist...
If u asked this do u believe god exists. The answer will be false because I don't believe god exists
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

No answer... But that doesn't make me any less an atheist...
If u asked this do u believe god exists. The answer will be false because I don't believe god exists

Hahahaha
Somebody just renounced.

No need, wasting time here bro.
Do something better.
U r not an atheist.

3 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 8:08am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Hahahaha
Somebody just renounced.

No need, wasting time here bro.
Do something better.
U r not an atheist.

grin Nice try... Because ur definition of atheism is more valid than what the dictionary defines, right?? Or u think by saying am not an atheist, that makes me not an atheist... It's actually pathetic that u couldn't point to one evidence that shows that atheism doesn't include mere rejection of a belief... Well, I guess proof and evidence are alien notions to someone who believes in fairy tales wink

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 8:14am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:
Dalaman,
How far?
U didnt answer my question on sight and ecidence again?

OK, you don't need sight alone to have direct knowledge of things. We can't see the wind, but we have direct knowledge of the wind.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 8:17am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

grin Nice try... Because ur definition of atheism is more valid than what the dictionary defines, right?? Or u think by saying am not an atheist, that makes me not an atheist... It's actually pathetic that u couldn't point to one evidence that shows that atheism doesn't include mere rejection of a belief... Well, I guess proof and evidence are alien notions to someone who believes in fairy tales wink

Rejection of belief in God will follow "God does not exist"
Not the other way round everytime.

Becos u reject religion or belief doesnt make u the atheist, If not there will be no Deists.

Its like saying u r a student because u went to a school building.

We know students go to school buildings but thats not what makes them students.

Other professionals like cleaners and janitors also go to the school building. They are not students

In this case u r claiming to be atheist because u do one of the things an atheist does. Sorry

KingEbukasblog has sounded this into your skull many times but u wont listen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 8:20am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

OK, you don't need sight alone to have direct knowledge of things. We can't see the wind, but we have direct knowledge of the wind.

Thanks
But u didnt answer the question fully.
Ur answer suggests u need sight with other things hence "alone"
My question is "is sight compulsory"?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 8:27am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Rejection of belief in God will follow "God does not exist"
Not the other way round everytime.

Becos u reject religion or belief doesnt make u the atheist, If not there will be no Deists.

Its like saying u r a student because u went to a school building.

We know students go to school buildings but thats not what makes them students.

Other professionals like cleaners and janitors also go to the school building. They are not students

In this case u r claiming to be atheist because u do one of the things an atheist does. Sorry

KingEbukasblog has sounded this into your skull many times but u wont listen.
Neither u nor KingEbukasblog know what atheism is. If belief that God doesn't exist is the same thing as rejection of belief that God exists, then why does the dictionary make that distinction... I already explained painstakingly with the Messi and Ronaldo analogy, u didn't address that but just kept repeating the same assertion without proof...
This is a thread about logic but u people fail to grasp simple logic
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 8:33am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Neither u nor KingEbukasblog know what atheism is. If belief that God doesn't exist is the same thing as rejection of belief that God exists, then why does the dictionary make that distinction... I already explained painstakingly with the Messi and Ronaldo analogy, u didn't address that but just kept repeating the same assertion without proof...
This is a thread about logic but u people fail to grasp simple logic

Dictionary didnt make any distinction.
A-theism
A-necephalic
A-cyanotic etc

English has a pattern, u r either Theist or A-theist
Or at best, stay in the middle undecided as agnost

U cant change it overnight

And u r only compounding ur Messi ronaldo analogy because those 2 simple questions u ran away from,
Exposed u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 8:34am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Thanks
But u didnt answer the question fully.
Ur answer suggests u need sight with other things hence "alone"
My question is "is sight compulsory"?

No, it is not.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 8:36am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

No, it is not.

Good.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 8:45am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

A-theism
A-necephalic
A-cyanotic etc

And u r only compounding ur Messi ronaldo analogy because those 2 simple questions u ran away from,
Exposed u.

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 8:52am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

So it's not really immoral to kill people indiscriminately.
Boko Haram does not consider it immoral.
Is it moral to eat pork?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 8:57am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
Is it too early to draw the obvious conclusion that atheism is grossly illogical

5 pages now and even atheists don't know the meaning of atheism grin
Why do always feel that you have to define the positions of others for them?

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 8:59am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

A-theism
A-necephalic
A-cyanotic etc

Exposed u.

Dictionary didn't make any distinction?? Do u need me to paste the definitions for you again?? This is another dictionary now:
noun (plural atheisms)
(narrowly) Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).
(broadly) Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).
(very broadly) Absence of belief that any deities exist (including absence of the concept of deities).
(loosely) Absence of belief in a particular deity, pantheon, or religious doctrine (notwithstanding belief in other deities)
Tell me there is no distinction here
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 9:15am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

Dictionary didn't make any distinction?? Do u need me to paste the definitions for you again?? This is another dictionary now:
noun (plural atheisms)
(narrowly) Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).
(broadly) Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).
(very broadly) Absence of belief that any deities exist (including absence of the concept of deities).
(loosely) Absence of belief in a particular deity, pantheon, or religious doctrine (notwithstanding belief in other deities)
Tell me there is no distinction here

Oga,
Here is atheism from Oxford dictionary copied verbatim;

===================
Definition of atheism in English:

atheism
NOUN

[mass noun] Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Origin
Late 16th century: from French athéisme, from Greek atheos, from a- without + theos god.

Pronunciation:
atheism/ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

==================={{{{

U cant be more correct than the language owners
I even copied the whole page for u.

If u cant answer that simple one line question

God does not exist?
True/False

U are not a-theist

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 9:22am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Oga,
Here is atheism from Oxford dictionary copied verbatim;

===================
Definition of atheism in English:

atheism
NOUN

[mass noun] Disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods.

Origin
Late 16th century: from French athéisme, from Greek atheos, from a- without + theos god.

Pronunciation:
atheism/ˈeɪθɪɪz(ə)m/

==================={{{{

U cant be more correct than the language owners
I even copied the whole page for u.

If u cant answer that simple one line question

God does not exist?
True/False

U are not a-theist
I thought u said I exchanged "and" for "or"... So u have changed your tune?...
Well, at least u can see it: OR lack of belief in the existence of God... So atheism can be either right?? Or there's still no distinction
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 9:30am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

I thought u said I exchanged "and" for "or"... So u have changed your tune?...
Well, at least u can see it: OR lack of belief in the existence of God... So atheism can be either right?? Or there's still no distinction

Yes, lack of belief is disbelief
"Or" is used between statements that are equivalent to each other.

If a judge disbelieves you, you are guilty of crime.
We are dealing with mutually exclusive events.

This word is a greek word
U are either "a-theos" (without God)
OR "theos" (with God)

Stop being a bat, please

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:09am On Jan 04, 2017
Vanceastro:

Define atheism

Atheism is a strange thing. shocked

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 10:37am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

The devil like God is also fictitious.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 10:40am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Yes, lack of belief is disbelief
"Or" is used between statements that are equivalent to each other.

If a judge disbelieves you, you are guilty of crime.
We are dealing with mutually exclusive events.

This word is a greek word
U are either "a-theos" (without God)
OR "theos" (with God)

Stop being a bat, please
U are not making any sense... Or is used between statement that are alternative not equivalent. And a judge doesn't convict on disbelief, he convicts when the prosecution has proven his case beyond reasonable doubt.
U have failed to equate "THERE IS NO GOD" to "I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS GOD".... Even the dictionary u quoted make a distinction but u don't deal with facts only beliefs so...
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by AgentOfAllah: 10:42am On Jan 04, 2017
1) The subject of this thread suggests that the conversation is to be predicated on logical reasoning.

2) When making logical arguments, definition of terms cannot be treated flippantly! It is absolutely unacceptable that logical arguments are constructed without rigorously addressing definitions.

3) Definitions must be independent of the whims of the logicist. They must therefore, be agreed-upon axioms, or logical derivatives of such axioms.

4) There is no need for lengthy sentences in logical discourse, since logic has its own precise words and language.

I shall use the foregoing premises to define atheism, highlight its subcategories, and show that agnosticism is an epistemologically distinct concept from "state of belief", under which atheism falls. Some participants have displayed profound misunderstanding of these concepts and; therefore make utterly stupid (and this is not said lightly) arguments that turn logic upside down.

Definition of terms:

Atheism: This word is NOT an axiom. It is a logical derivative of two Greek words: prefix "a-", which means "without" and "theos" which means god(s). Atheos is therefore without god(s). An atheist is therefore someone without god. Atheism describes the state of belief of people without god(s).

Let's attribute a logical operand, "A", to Atheism.

Agnosticism: This word, again, is NOT an axiom! It is derived from two Greek words:prefix "a-", which means "without" and "gnosis" which means "knowledge". "Agnosis" is therefore without knowledge. An agnostic is therefore someone without knowledge of something. Agnosticism describes the state of knowledge of people without knowledge (of something). As you see, this has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with belief, and is a mutually exclusive epistemological concept. Let's attribute a logical operand, "B", to agnoticism

The next question then is; can we define subcategories of people without god? The answer is yes! Some categories include:

Apatheists: These are people without god because they are indifferent to the existence of one. Let's give this category the operand, "C"
Antitheists: These are people without god because they assert that one does NOT exist. Let's give this category the operand, " D "

Agnostic-Atheists: These are people without god because they have no knowledge of the existence of one.

Arguments from Logic:

From the preceding definitions, we can make the following true logical arguments:

C → A (I am an apatheist, therefore I am an atheist)
D → A (I am an antitheist, therefore I am an atheist)
A ∧ B → A (I am an agnostic-atheist, therefore I am an atheist)

Logic also has defined fallacies that violate logical rules. There are many, but I'll address the one that has been most abused here. It's a very basic formal fallacy known as Affirming the consequent. The statement of this fallacy goes thus:

If D, then A (If I am an antitheist, then I am an atheist)
A (I am an atheist)
therefore D (Therefore I am an antitheist)

To the discerning mind, the inaccuracy in the deduction above is glaringly obvious!

Conclusion:
With logical arguments, I have just shown that it is stupid to attribute logicality or illogicality to atheism. What can be questioned is specific categories of atheism. It follows, therefore, from logic, that the very question: "Show that atheism is not illogical" is patently stupid!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 10:44am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

lol, what nonsense! very Pathetic logic that fails to stand up to basic scrutiny

Harry Potter believes Lord Voldemort exists, so he must exist in your world

abeg talk sense next time
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 10:48am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

U are not making any sense... Or is used between statement that are alternative not equivalent. And a judge doesn't convict on disbelief, he convicts when the prosecution has proven his case beyond reasonable doubt.
U have failed to equate "THERE IS NO GOD" to "I DON'T BELIEVE THERE IS GOD".... Even the dictionary u quoted make a distinction but u don't deal with facts only beliefs so...

Twelve or a dozen.
Its disgusting u r even still arguing in the face of the root greek word.
It shows that in ur bat world, there are no mutually exclusives.
U have seen the foolishness, and u r trying to escape.

3 simple line questions scared u to death.
Why will any sane person run from single line true or false questions?
It shows u are lying.
Nothing more, nothing less.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 10:52am On Jan 04, 2017
AgentOfAllah, I stayed out of this thread because I can see the premise is very dishonest at best and asinine at worst

nevertheless, both OP and his goons are being dealt with here by my fellow atheists but OP would pop up statements saying they've not addressed his arguments, he keeps popping up Aquinas and William Laine Craig arguments which all have been nipped in the bud

Dalaman has shown how stupid the moral argument is, he's also shown how illogical Tomas Aquinas argument is since its all based on assumptions

Vanceastro is also showing the holes in DoctorAilen's argument

as for definitions, Randomperson is wiping the floor with Felixomor who's running around like a concussed patient on adrenaline

what this thread has proven so far is that OP can't even defend his stand

3 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 10:54am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:
AgentOfAllah, I stayed out of this thread because I can see the premise is very dishonest at best and asinine at worst

nevertheless, both OP and his goons are being dealt with here by my fellow atheists but OP would pop up statements saying they've not addressed his arguments, he keeps popping up Aquinas and William Laine Craig arguments which all have been nipped in the bud

Dalaman has shown how stupid the moral argument is, he's also shown how illogical Tomas Aquinas argument is since its all based on assumptions

as for definitions, Randomperson is wiping the floor with Felixomor who's running around like a concussed patient on adrenaline

what this thread has proven so far is that OP can't even defend his stand

The desperate landlord, how u dey? grin

Somebody just renounced atheism.
Say bye
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 10:57am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

The desperate landlord, how u dey? grin

Somebody just renounced atheism.
Say bye

lol, its a pity you can't see that you've not made an iota of sense since you started engaging Randomperson, he's wiped the floor with you at every turn and you look clueless because your goons aren't here to save you by cutting in

here's an advice, be yourself stop tryna be Kingebukasblog by force
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 10:59am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

lol, its a pity you can't see that you've not made an iota of sense since you started engaging Randomperson, he's wiped the floor with you at every turn and you look clueless because your goons aren't here to save you by cutting in

Hahahaha. grin

U sound like those kids who got beaten hoping for a bigger kid to avenge for them.
Grow up na?
By the way, somebody just left ur church.
How market?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:03am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Hahahaha. grin

U sound like those kids who got beaten hoping for a bigger kid to avenge for them.
Grow up na?
By the way, somebody just left ur church.
How market?

somebody left my Church?

lol you're grasping at straws here

go back to being owned by Randomperson, its been a pleasure watching you run around grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

somebody left my Church?

lol you're grasping at straws here

go back to being owned by Randomperson, its been a pleasure watching you run around grin

Grow up na bros.
The guy just couldn't ansswer the question

"God does not exist?"
True or False

You want to try and answer it too?
Please do your church proud.
Go go go! grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:05am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

lol, what nonsense! very Pathetic logic that fails to stand up to basic scrutiny

Harry Potter believes Lord Voldemort exists, so he must exist in your world

abeg talk sense next time

If 'Lord Voldemort' exists, do you hate him/it the way you are hating on God? undecided

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Pastafarian: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

If 'Lord Voldemort' exists, do you hate him/it the way you are hating on God? undecided

who "hates" your god?

I don't, I poke holes in your god idea, if you call that "hate" then I'm a proud hater grin
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Ranchhoddas: 11:08am On Jan 04, 2017
Pastafarian:

So you noticed, I have also wondered why Ebuka seems to be influencing them instead of vice-versa.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Reverend Obofour Flaunts His Exotic Cars And Mansion / Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts / Pastor Enenche Gives Nigerian Flag To Peter Obi, Others. { Photos & Video}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.