Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (52497 Views)

Is The Atheist's Mind Free Enough To Question Atheism? / Atheism Is A Religion / Watch The Newly Released Movie: "The Atheist Delusion" Free Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 2:01am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Where did the time collapse?

You have not answered my question: what is time?

And if I may add: how is it necessary to the existence of cause and effect?
How is time important to cause and effect?
If I throw a stone at you and there no time difference the stone would already hit you at the same time I pick the stone.
Now can you say I threw the stone at you seeing that the stone had already hit you before I even threw it?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:06am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

Is the sharia law God? It displays God's character according to muslims.

Even Muslims reject the Sharia Law undecided

The presence of evil is the proof of the existence of God
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 2:09am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

What is this argument from morality.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 2:09am On Jan 04, 2017
Vanceastro:

How is time important to cause and effect?
If I throw a stone at you and there no time difference the stone would already hit you at the same time I pick the stone.
Now can you say I threw the stone at you seeing that the stone had already hit you before I even threw it?

That statement is contradictory. If there is no time difference, then there is no time.

What is time and how is it necessary to the existence of cause and effect?

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:10am On Jan 04, 2017
Vanceastro:

What is this argument from morality.

1. If God does not exist, objective moral values and duties do not exist.

2. Objective moral values and duties exist.

3. Therefore, God exists.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 2:10am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You've started with your madness. How can muslims reject the sharia law when that is the law that was revealed by the Koran? Again is the sharia law good since it displays God's character?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 2:12am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Objective moral values and duties do not exist, so God does not exist. Argument debunked.

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 2:16am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

Objective moral values and duties do not exist, so God does not exist. Argument debunked.

So it's not really immoral to kill people indiscriminately.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:19am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

You've started with your madness. How can muslims reject the sharia law when that is the law that was revealed by the Koran? Again is the sharia law good since it displays God's character?

That means if there are objective moral values and duties then God exists

There are behaviors considered as objective moral values like to show love , compassion and kindness . And as far as you see something as evil then it proves the existence of God . Why?

God is described as Good

And evil is just the deviation from good . Good is like a standard while evil is erring from that standard .

Objective : not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 2:27am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

So it's not really immoral to kill people indiscriminately.

The question is, is morality objective. The answer is no.

Morality is a feature and invention of humanity. We must make moral codes of conduct. If morality were objective then every member of our species would share and agree to the the same moral values. But it is a fact that we do not share the same moral values at all. There’s clearly a lack of moral consensus amongst human so how is morality objective when morality varies from society to society and in history?

Kilian g people indiscriminately actually stands against the God of the bible as the source of human morality. If you read the bible you'll see God commanding that people be killed indiscriminately.

5 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:30am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

Athiest have debunked these arguments.

Its 6 pages and you ran away from our argument on causality . But it is clear what I was hinting at .

1. The Cosmological Argument still stands

2. The Moral Argument still stands because I showed you three objective moral values : to show love , compassion , kindness

3. Let's talk about the Teleological Argument for the existence of God

A. The fine tuning of the universe is due to either physical necessity , chance or design

B. It is not due to chance or physical necessity

C . Therefore, it is design

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 2:32am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

In asserting this, you claim that everyone is directed by their consciences. Therefore a moral absolute for every person is "do not disobey your conscience"

Do you agree?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:40am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien

Dalaman don run as usual .

Time don reach to sleep

grin

We go see in the morning , Amen

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 2:43am On Jan 04, 2017
dalaman:

The question is, is morality objective. The answer is no.

Morality is a feature and invention of humanity. We must make moral codes of conduct. If morality were objective then every member of our species would share and agree to the the same moral values. But it is a fact that we do not share the same moral values at all. There’s clearly a lack of moral consensus amongst human so how is morality objective when morality varies from society to society and in history?

Kilian g people indiscriminately actually stands against the God of the bible as the source of human morality. If you read the bible you'll see God commanding that people be killed indiscriminately.

We are not talking the Bible now. The question is: is everything permissible?

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 2:43am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

The cosmological argument, properly presented, destroys every nonsense about an eternal universe.

But an eternal universe does not actually refute the existence of God

God and the universe could have co-existed eternally (eternal cause-effect) . But that'll make God look like an impersonal God .
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by DoctorAlien(m): 2:51am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

But an eternal universe does not actually refute the existence of God

God and the universe could have co-existed eternally (eternal cause-effect) . But that'll make God look like an impersonal God .

Yea. If GOD is the Cause of the universe, He must exist before the universe. I'm tinkering and hammering my argument from time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 2:55am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

In this argument how did you jump from morality on planet earth to God the creator of the universe?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by KingEbukasBlog(m): 3:02am On Jan 04, 2017
Vanceastro:

In this argument how did you from morality on planet to God the creator of the universe?

God is the standard of Good . Morality is all about good and evil behavior . In both cases- good and evil - prove the existence of God .

I explained in the preceding posts .

Should we face the Teleological Argument now . Its more exciting . Before we move to last two interesting arguments - the ontological argument and the Leibniz Contingency Argument ( this argument is so powerful too )

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 3:28am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Let me atgempt to debunk this entire premise which to me is dubious. Firstly the premise tying the objectivity of morals to God's existence assuming objective morality exist is faulty. How does the person that formulated this moral argument (William Craig ) know that objective morality exist? He does this by appealing to our moral intuitions. How we all intuitively "know" and agree that things like rape, slavery, child abuse etc are wrong and things like.love compassio and kindness are good. Channeling somehow this objective morality.

This to me is absurd because Craig's candidate for the source of morality is a character described in the bible. And yet the bible is FILLED with God producing acts and injunctions that strike many of us - a great many Christians included - as being against our moral intuitions.

It's like saying we all agree that math is valid and objective so there must be a great Mathematician from which math flows. And then saying "Hey, I've got the best candidate for who that mathematician might be...here he is described in this old book!" But the character in the book is found espousing
all manner of "wrong" mathematics, like 2 +2 = 5. Well if you are appealing to the objectivity of mathematical formulations like 2 + 2 = 5 as a starting point then you clearly do not know what you are talking about.

There are behaviors considered as objective moral values like to show love , compassion and kindness . And as far as you see something as evil then it proves the existence of God . Why?

They are not that is why I asked you if the sharia is an objective system of morality. The sharia also advocates for compassion, kindness, justice and love for the umma. But then you do not agree with that kind of love, kindness, justice and compassion, do you?

God is described as Good

First, defining God as the source of “good” is mere theological wordplay. It doesn't demonstrate that “good” cannot exist independently of God. Even if goodness is an essential property of God, it is a property that can apply to other things independently of god’s existence. Just think of how being hot is an essential property of fire, then fire must be hot, it cannot be cold. But “hot” can apply to many other things independently of fire. For example, microwaves cause things to be hot and so does friction.

And evil is just the deviation from good . Good is like a standard while evil is erring from that standard .

Objective : not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts.

Evil is not a deviation from any God. Evil is a deviation or violation of laid out laws and moral codes of conduct. Moral codes of conduct are man made. In Germany it is evil to descrimanate against gays. In the same.Germany it is evil to marry 2 women. In Nigeria on the other hand it is evil to be gay and it is not evil to marry two wIves.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 3:32am On Jan 04, 2017
DoctorAlien:

We are not talking the Bible now. The question is: is everything permissible?

Which God are you defending here? Brahma? You are defending the God of the bible so why are you objecting when the binle Is brought into the discussion?

How can everything be permissible? Morality by definition doesn't allow for everything to be permissible.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by dalaman: 4:01am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Its 6 pages and you ran away from our argument on causality . But it is clear what I was hinting at .

1. The Cosmological Argument still stands

It has been debunked. How many things in nature have you seen begin to exist from the very begining? Have you seen the universe, planets for example begin to exist?

2. The Moral Argument still stands because I showed you three objective moral values : to show love , compassion , kindness

Is the sharia law objective? It advocates for love, compassion, justice for the less privileged and kindness. Do you see it as an objective moral code of conduct? It was revealed by God himself. Why do you disagree with it since it displays God's character?

3. Let's talk about the Teleological Argument for the existence of God

A. The fine tuning of the universe is due to either physical necessity , chance or design

B. It is not due to chance or physical necessity

C . Therefore, it is design

What was the universe design for?

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 5:35am On Jan 04, 2017
Ranchhoddas:
Unless you want to lie to yourself, the title of the thread is an assertion of the 'illogicality of atheism'. He who asserts must prove remember?
I'm beginning to like you. smiley
Calling kingebukasblog out when he spews B.S even though you're a christian.
Very admirable
The illogical shouldn't be supported even if it supports our views

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by Nobody: 6:05am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Please note that the

a. Universe creating itself is a logical absurdity .
No it's really not, but what is though is the assertion that God always existed.

b. Infinite regress of causes is illogical and impossible
Yet this is what theistic reasoning amounts to.
If everything must have a creator then does it ever end?
Have you seen how illogical that stand is

With that sorted out here's the Cosmological Argument for the Existence of God

1. Whatever begins to exist must have a cause

2. The universe began to exist

3. Therefore , the universe has cause

Do you agree that this is a tenable argument for the existence of God ?
Again this is wrong as it will lead to an infinite regress, which you stated before was illogical.

Atheism is truth gotten from mere observation of our world. All theistic Gods are imaginary, all evidence points towards that conclusion.

As for a deist God well I think, the word God itself would be a misnomer, it has too much bearing with religion, what if the deist God was just a mindless force, devoid of any form of individual characterization, what if it was the universe itself, would the title God suit it?
Whether a creating force exist or not, doesn't concern us humans, we're on our own either way.

2 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 6:10am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

It seems u don't have access to a dictionary...
noun (plural atheisms)
(narrowly) Belief that no deities exist (sometimes including rejection of other religious beliefs).
(broadly) Rejection of belief that any deities exist (with or without a belief that no deities exist).
(very broadly) Absence of belief that any deities exist (including absence of the concept of deities).
(loosely) Absence of belief in a particular deity, pantheon, or religious doctrine (notwithstanding belief in other deities).

All these statements are ORS
They exist alone
They are not "ands"
Choosing one means u cant choose the other. Hence "Ors"

Stop trying to make ur own dictionary.
U r only deceiving urself.
Atheism is foolishness.

Its very easy to catch a thief.
When people cant answer simple one line questions.
And thats what u have done.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 6:35am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:
DoctorAlien

Dalaman don run as usual .

Time don reach to sleep

grin

We go see in the morning , Amen

Lol
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 7:26am On Jan 04, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

You just admitted the existence of God(s)

You didn't show why the premise is faulty .

This is just the Euthyphro dilemma in disguise and it is a false dilemma because God's own nature or character defines with is good .
- No I didn't admit the existence of God. U seem to assume that God is always equal to creator of the universe. But that's a presumption without any basis in either science or philosophy. If I create a robot today which can do basically all things a human can do, does that make me God? No, that simply makes me a creator. If you are claiming the being that created the universe is god, then u have to show the logical or scientific basis for equating creator with god. Because, if we are simply assuming, I can as well assume that we were created by a super intelligent alien who is not god...

- The premises are unproven. That's why I have the example of all humans are stupid. It is not proven that all humans are stupid so drawing a conclusion from that premise is dubious and lazy. So, if you're laying a premise that states god exists out of time, or that God is necessary, u have to Prove the veracity of those premises...

- it's not a false dilemma. I studies ethics in 100level and under natural law theory, that question was the major criticism of that theory... U say god's own nature defines what is good. Therefore, if it is in God's nature not to kill, killing is wrong. But the question is why it's in God's nature not to kill. Is it because killing is bad?? That will mean god is not the highest reason. If killing is bad simply because god prohibits it, then god makes decisions without reason...

Your attempt to claim atheism is illogical is pathetic... It's just dead on arrival and I expected a better job

4 Likes

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 7:33am On Jan 04, 2017
Twelve Or a dozen.

Somebody says something is twelve but he is undecided on wether the same thing is a dozen.

Its only on Nairaland u see such.
Mscheww
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 7:38am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

All these statements are ORS
They exist alone
They are not "ands"
Choosing one means u cant choose the other. Hence "Ors"

Stop trying to make ur own dictionary.
U r only deceiving urself.
Atheism is foolishness.

Its very easy to catch a thief.
When people cant answer simple one line questions.
And thats what u have done.
grin grin ...I can seriously feel you struggling.... Just making bare assertions without anything to back them up..
U claimed I was replacing 'and' with 'or'. I brought simple dictionary definitions that completely distinguished and separated the different meanings or notions of atheism. It even had more 4 different meanings and you are still crying here...
Lemme ask u, if a word has multiple definitions in the dictionary, are those definitions as alternative (or) or are they cumulative (and).
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 7:42am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

grin grin ...I can seriously feel you struggling.... Just making bare assertions without anything to back them up..
U claimed I was replacing 'and' with 'or'. I brought simple dictionary definitions that completely distinguished and separated the different meanings or notions of atheism. It even had more 4 different meanings and you are still crying here...
Lemme ask u, if a word has multiple definitions in the dictionary, are those definitions as alternative (or) or are they cumulative (and).

Bros answer those questions.
I beg u.
Prove ur dictionary correct.
I beg u.

A simple one line question should be answerable anytime, anyday.

Richard dawkins says "God does not exist"
There is nothing like 50℅ existence.
You either exist or u dont.

Answer those questions.
Proove u r not a thief.
No innocent person should be afraid of a one line question.
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by randomperson: 7:54am On Jan 04, 2017
felixomor:

Bros answer those questions.
I beg u.
Prove ur dictionary correct.
I beg u.

A simple one line question should be answerable anytime, anyday.

Richard dawkins says "God does not exist"
There is nothing like 50℅ existence.
You either exist or u dont.

Answer those questions.
Proove u r not a thief.
No innocent person should be afraid of a one line question.
U are sounding desperate... Richard Dawkins says God does not exist? Then he's an atheist. I say I don't believe that God exists. i.e rejection of a belief.. I am an atheist too, ... That's why those two notions of atheism are contained in the dictionary definition of atheism...

1 Like

Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 7:56am On Jan 04, 2017
Dalaman,
How far?
U didnt answer my question on sight and ecidence again?
Re: Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion by felixomor: 7:58am On Jan 04, 2017
randomperson:

U are sounding desperate... Richard Dawkins says God does not exist? Then he's an atheist. I say I don't believe that God exists. i.e rejection of a belief.. I am an atheist too, ... That's why those two notions of atheism are contained in the dictionary definition of atheism...

Ok answer this one.

God does not exist?
True or False

If u run from this one,
(No comments)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Reacts As Reverend Obofour Flaunts His Exotic Cars And Mansion / Battle At Synagogue, Trustee Alleges Threat To Live, TB Joshua's Daughter Reacts / Atheist Murderers(past/present) And The Murderous Tendencies Of Todays Atheists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.