Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers (1049 Views)

Help, My Husband Keeps Insisting I Stop Talking To Strangers / Strangers Bump Into Each Other And The Coincidence Has People Gushing / Why Do Most Nigerian Ladies Act Rude To Strangers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 8:17pm On Jan 04, 2017

One day after seeing a movie at the Cinema, I went out with some friends to a popular restaurant. As we took our seats and made towards the counter to place our orders, I noticed one young lady who was attending to the customers and serving them their meals.

She was well dressed, neat, smart looking and attractive. However, one thing was missing from her, she wasn't smiling. She was attending to the customers in a melancholic manner. So, we waited until she was done, then she came to attend to us.

When she came to us and asked for our orders, I wanted to immediately tell her what we wanted just like every other customer before us, but instead I smiled at her and quickly noticed the name "Victoria" written on her crest.

I asked her, "Is your name Victoria?" "Yes," she answered with a genuine smile. "You've got such a nice name," I continued "Where are you from?" .. She told me and she also asked for my name too with a beautiful smile. I told her too and then we placed our orders.

I observed that she became visibly happier after our brief conversation - the way she carefully served our food and attended to us said it all. The smile hardly left her face after that. There seemed to be a new charisma with the way she attended to other customers after that.

Then I began to wonder.. What if I never bothered about this girl or spoke to her? What if I just placed my order without caring about her? Would that smile be on her face now?

Sometimes, what people need from you to change their attitude and disposition is simply a kind word or genuine care about them. It's not necessarily all about money or material things. A reassuring smile or a mild conversation can do a lot.

We've become so accustomed to only our family and friends that every other person becomes an alien to us. We don't care for strangers. And I think that's why some problems facing us are still prevalent.

A stranger is a human being like you who wants the same things you desire as a human being. Just as you need people to care about you, love you or appreciate what you do, a stranger needs the same reassurance as well.

See that stranger out there as someone like you. Try and make him/her happy in the little way you can. You may be saving a life or even stop someone from carrying out a bad mission.

Psychologically, some people are often driven to do dangerous things when they feel unloved OR uncared for. Help that stranger in any little way you can and try to make him/her feel at home.

I understand that our human nature wants us to do things usually for personal interest, profit or gain. This is not bad. By all means, your personal interests really matters and must never be neglected, but sometimes we must try to do things without expectation. Let us learn to do things just for the sake of another person. Saying a kind word, smiling or helping a stranger out doesn't take away anything from you. Why not just do so?

I was on a bike with a commercial motorcyclist and I just asked him about how his day had been. He was so happy to tell me about his experiences as a motorcyclist and I could sense the excitement in his voice. When I got to my destination, he decided to collect less than the amount he charged me. He smiled at me and said he likes my attitude. I was really touched.

We can make the world a better place by being kinder to strangers. They are not different from us as we have come to believe. They are human beings with needs just like you. Try putting yourself in their shoes and you will understand their needs.

Be kind to a stranger today. You could touch a life, change someone's decision, stop a robbery or terrorist attack, prevent suicide, improve work ethics etc

This is the attitude a winner must imbibe.. being kind not just to only family and friends, but also strangers.

Keep Winning!
source: http://www.boldwinner.com/2017/01/why-you-should-be-kinder-to-strangers.html?m=1

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by delishpot: 8:23pm On Jan 04, 2017
I support this post.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Iceeydee: 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 8:28pm On Jan 04, 2017
delishpot:
I support this post.
Great! What matters is putting it into practice.
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by delishpot: 8:29pm On Jan 04, 2017
Boldwinner:
Great! What matters is putting it into practice.
Can one support something if he isn't going to practice it?
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2017
delishpot:

Can one support something if he isn't going to practice it?
lol.. in some cases "Yes"
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by delishpot: 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
Boldwinner:
lol.. in some cases "Yes"

Hahahaha my yes is yes and my No is No. If I wontbdo it, I will not support it

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by ChemicalReaction(f): 8:34pm On Jan 04, 2017
Lovely!

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 8:36pm On Jan 04, 2017
delishpot:

Hahahaha my yes is yes and my No is No. If I wontbdo it, I will not support it
I like that!
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by firstking01(m): 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2017
Nice one.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Dfinex(f): 9:08pm On Jan 04, 2017
Endorsed.

I'm a Fellow in the Kindness Order. ....lolss.

truth is if and only if majority of us would understand that the overall benefits of kindness (,which are often sublime ) comes to the giver, our world would be better for it.

only if they understand how joyous it is when u offer assistance to people with the purity and totality of ur heart: oh....how energizing and electrifying it feels.

funny enough it costs little or nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 9:16pm On Jan 04, 2017
Dfinex:
Endorsed.

I'm a Fellow in the Kindness Order. ....lolss.

truth is if and only if majority of us would understand that the overall benefits of kindness (,which are often sublime ) comes to the giver, our world would be better for it.

only if they understand how joyous it is when u offer assistance to people with the purity and totality of ur heart: oh....how energizing and electrifying it feels.

funny enough it costs little or nothing.
beautiful comment

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by jashar(f): 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2017
the world becomes a better place with each act of kindness. grin

'The world lights up with a smile' - CR

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by MrKamar(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2017
ok
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Nobody: 12:48am On Jan 05, 2017
Most times I tend to be hostile towards people I patronize especially when I sense delay , carelessness or sluggishness in them. I always have this notion that it's my money and I'm paying you for your service' I never thought for once that they might be having a bad day. This piece really got me, I will change henceforth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by dingbang(m): 6:20am On Jan 05, 2017
Hi i'm a stranger, pls be kind to me angry
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by sirusX(m): 8:53am On Jan 05, 2017
worworgirl:
Most times I tend to be hostile towards people I patronize especially when I sense delay , carelessness or sluggishness in them. I always have this notion that it's my money and I'm paying you for your service' I never thought for once that they might be having a bad day. This piece really got me, I will change henceforth.

I like the thought of that...a turnaround smiley

Most times I always have to remind myself, if I was the other person how would I want to treat myself

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 9:02am On Jan 05, 2017
worworgirl:
That's the spirit my dear. I was once like that until I started to develop emotional intelligence. I learnt to put myself in other people's shoes.

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Boldwinner(m): 10:12am On Jan 05, 2017
dingbang:
Hi i'm a stranger, pls be kind to me angry
And that's how you got it all wrong..
Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by Divay22(f): 10:21am On Jan 05, 2017
Hmmmm....
Very correct
Would have love to ask some questions

1 Like

Re: Why You Should Be Kinder To Strangers by dingbang(m): 11:04am On Jan 05, 2017
Boldwinner:
And that's how you got it all wrong..
excuse me

(1) (Reply)

Age In A Relationship / Man Masturbates In Front Of Benin Female Hostel, Threatens To Rape Them (photos) /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.